carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1430427366|3870257 said:
So much color and Wow! to comment on. Acinom, your ring is gorgeous. The ring is so elegant and the engraving just adds a bit more dimension to make it look regal. Well done!

Mochiko, you have an eye for color, that is for certain. That rough is unbelievably beautiful and certainly rare for unheated topaz. I am absolutely certain that when we see your asscher cut, there will be a run on his stones, particularly that rough (if it hasn't already been bought).

Most excellent!

Thank you Minousbijoux! It looks 'finished' now and I love the vintage vibe of the ring. Thank you for your comments!!

Mochiko: your stone will be fabulous indeed!! I cannot wait to see the outcome and how you will set it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1430429615|3870275 said:
WOW! It is gorgeous Acinom!! The paraiba is delicious of course and I absolutely love the engraving!! Your ring is perfection. Congratulations! You'll have to take it with you next time you go to the Caribbean. I think it would look amazing next to the Caribbean waters.

Wish I could take both my Paraibas with me to the Caribbean 8-) . But I am really careful with rings that need a bit more care, so no holiday season for my favourite rings :lol:
Thank you for your support throughout and your kind words!!

_29778.jpg

_29779.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1430435552|3870320 said:
SparkliesLuver said:
Acinom said:
Update: my cab Paraiba ring is ready. I love the outcome!! Will take a while before I get it though. I've asked David to send the ring in a few weeks as I will travel to the Caribbean first.

Yay!! :dance: But Acinom, you must at least share something! I don't think I can wait a few weeks. ;)) [emoji38] Have fun in the Caribbean!
I concur!! Would love to see some more photos of the new ring once you receive it. That engraving is gorgeous. I don't know how you can wait several more weeks!

Caribbean?? Ooooh... Have an amazing time!!! It's a stupid question but since I've never been there... Is the sea there really a dreamy Caribbean sea green-blue, like in movies, brochures etc? I think the closest I got to that type of tropical idyll (white sand, bright blue-green sea) was in Boracay, Philippines. [emoji3]

Thank you!! It will be a looong wait indeed Mochiko 8-).

The Caribbean sea is even more beautiful compared to photo's! It's a mesmerizing blue, varying from Paraiba blue to Paraiba green

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BaileyC|1430437837|3870329 said:
Holy Moly Acinom!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I LOVE sugarloafs, and the engraving on that shank is to die for!!!!! It does give it an antiquey (yes that's a word!) feel to it, and it's got a cool, calm but definitive and stunning presence. It's just gorgeous, and I don't think you could have done even a bit better - it's absolutely perfect!!!!

Have fun on your trip, you lucky duck!!!

P.S. I love is right down to the prongs...they are fabulous!

Thank you BaileyC!! I love the oomph of the engraving but the stone is still the star of the ring. David did such a great job on the ring! He will now work on the non matching colour sapphire ring :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's done! Wow, David Klass comes through again. I am continually amazed by his customer service, pricing and very consistent quality.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous ring. I LOVE everything about it :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out beautifully. I"m so glad you did the all over engraving.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the engraving, and the prongs are beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your compliments Chrono, Bright Ice, TL and Pregcurious :wavey: :wavey:

Chrono said:
It's done! Wow, David Klass comes through again. I am continually amazed by his customer service, pricing and very consistent quality.
I am so glad I discovered David's work via Pricescope. I so agree with you on his quality, pricing and service. He is always so patient and wants his customers to be happy.

bright ice said:
WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous ring. I LOVE everything about it :love:
Thanks Bright Ice! Are you still enjoying your amazing engagement ring by BE? I am still hoping you will add new pics to your thread.

TL said:
It came out beautifully. I"m so glad you did the all over engraving.
Me too TL! I was extremely indecisive but I am so glad with the result! The engraving complements the stone so well.

pregcurious said:
I love the engraving, and the prongs are beautiful.
Yes, the details are top notch based on these photo's. David's engraver does magic.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update! Blue in my future... Again?
So, ricezo posted this:

_29781.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And all I could see was this:

_29782.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: Admittedly, I was the same way. :oops: I even contacted Doug. I have several projects going on right now, but I'm so tempted, Acinom.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...but already having multiple blue stones..
AND being on a ban
I could not order this...
Or could I?

So... I decided to switch the sky blue topaz for the natural blue top colour. I got some information from Doug last night and send an emai early in the morning. And I received an e-mail this afternoon, saying there still was some rough available and that he was fine with the switch. The rough looks amazing and I am looking forward to see the cut stone.

The sky blue was intended as an Asscher, just like the electric blue. Still thinking whether the natural blue should be cut an Asscher, round or cushion. Please let me know your thoughts!

Doug got a new batch of topaz rough this week. He said there was an amazingly large piece of awesome coloured natural blue topaz (#3). That material is as rare as hen's teeth... and he said he has not seen it for ages. Most of the naturals tend to be fairly light. He had seen some of this super coloured material out on the field's at O'Briens Creek but only very rarely. The origin of this one however but it's suspected that it will be either Brazilian or African... According to Doug it would be too much to hope for that it is from O'Briens Creek... though it does match that colour he has seen.

That rough is estimated to cut maybe 5 or 6 stones depending on how he trims it up and just what the shapes are to cut. There is one 11mm asscher already earmarked to come from it for Mochiko. A second chunk is earmarked for me.

This material tends to go quick, so if anyone is interested 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

Nice switch, Acinom! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

ETA: With the electric blue being an asscher, I'd vote for the natural material to be a round. He has some amazing designs for rounds.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430490844|3870520 said:
:lol: Admittedly, I was the same way. :oops: I even contacted Doug. I have several projects going on right now, but I'm so tempted, Acinom.

Whahaha, you did? I must say the pricing is really good!! If you can.. Snatch it up!

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Whahaha, you did? I must say the pricing is really good!! If you can.. Snatch it up!

haha Yep. The pricing is really good, plus the conversion rate is in my favor right now. I have several other projects going on now too, so that'd probably delay setting something. Have to determine if it's worth it. :) Trust me, I want to!

ETA: You know what my dream would be for setting this material...your dipped in sugar ring. ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430491695|3870529 said:
Nice switch, Acinom! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

ETA: With the electric blue being an asscher, I'd vote for the natural material to be a round. He has some amazing designs for rounds.

Ah, I am so thrilled with this Sparkliesluver!! I am sure the outcome will be amazing.
I agree that a round will look great in this colour. :love: Thanks for your advice.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430491884|3870533 said:
Acinom said:

haha Yep. The pricing is really good, plus the conversion rate is in my favor right now. I have several other projects going on now too, so that'd probably delay setting something. Have to determine if it's worth it. :) Trust me, I want to!

ETA: You know what my dream would be for setting this material...your dipped in sugar ring. ;-)

Yep! The conversion rate is on our side.
Doug has a layaway plan if you are really interested. But I understand that enough can be enough at a certain point.
What projects are you working on besides the Montana rough, Gene's spinel and the little red boy project?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Yep! The conversion rate is on our side.
Doug has a layaway plan if you are really interested. But I understand that enough can be enough at a certain point.
What projects are you working on besides the Montana rough, Gene's spinel and the little red boy project?

Oh, he does? I've never done that, but that's something to consider.

I've already contracted with a jeweler for my son's project, so that required a deposit. I've paid for the Montana rough but I still have to pay for the cutting. And I just paid for Gene's garnet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are working on some amazing stone and setting projects. That will do for 2015!
What setting will your jeweller make? Will you have it made by a local jeweler?

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, Acinom. :)

I'm not sure yet. We've just begun, so I want to pick her brain and not rule anything out. No, she's actually pretty far away; however, she seems like a lovely lady, her work is beautiful, and I think we're on the same page as far as vision.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Paraiba ring is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
...but already having multiple blue stones..
AND being on a ban
I could not order this...
Or could I?

So... I decided to switch the sky blue topaz for the natural blue top colour. I got some information from Doug last night and send an emai early in the morning. And I received an e-mail this afternoon, saying there still was some rough available and that he was fine with the switch. The rough looks amazing and I am looking forward to see the cut stone.

The sky blue was intended as an Asscher, just like the electric blue. Still thinking whether the natural blue should be cut an Asscher, round or cushion. Please let me know your thoughts!

Doug got a new batch of topaz rough this week. He said there was an amazingly large piece of awesome coloured natural blue topaz (#3). That material is as rare as hen's teeth... and he said he has not seen it for ages. Most of the naturals tend to be fairly light. He had seen some of this super coloured material out on the field's at O'Briens Creek but only very rarely. The origin of this one however but it's suspected that it will be either Brazilian or African... According to Doug it would be too much to hope for that it is from O'Briens Creek... though it does match that colour he has seen.

That rough is estimated to cut maybe 5 or 6 stones depending on how he trims it up and just what the shapes are to cut. There is one 11mm asscher already earmarked to come from it for Mochiko. A second chunk is earmarked for me.

This material tends to go quick, so if anyone is interested 8-)
Yay! I'm very excited that we will be stone sisters! [emoji7] [emoji1] I think the pricing was extremely reasonable. I'm sure the rest of the rough will go quickly..i think I already know someone else who made an enquiry [emoji16]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1430517163|3870825 said:
The Paraiba ring is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Thank you DK! Glad you like it!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mochiko!!! Yes, I am also very excited that we will be stone sisters :wavey: Curious to see how we will each set it. Curious to learn who the other person is who inquired. Sparkliesluver made inquiries as well, but she will concentrate on her current projects.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430498328|3870606 said:
Aw, thank you, Acinom. :)

I'm not sure yet. We've just begun, so I want to pick her brain and not rule anything out. No, she's actually pretty far away; however, she seems like a lovely lady, her work is beautiful, and I think we're on the same page as far as vision.

Ah, tell us all about her when your project is finished Sparkliesluver. Looking forward to see the outcome.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom & Mochiko - Wahhh I want one too! But I'm probably just getting caught up in the hype! :lol: I have too many unset stones to justify another purchase. I will live vicariously through you guys for now.

Sparkliesluver - ooh what stone did you decide on for your project?? And did you purchase the cushion Rhodolite Gene posted today?? If so, it's beautiful!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
Hi Mochiko!!! Yes, I am also very excited that we will be stone sisters :wavey: Curious to see how we will each set it. Curious to learn who the other person is who inquired. Sparkliesluver made inquiries as well, but she will concentrate on her current projects.
Have you already decided what shape you're going to go for? I'm going with Asscher, but if you're going with one for your other electric topaz then maybe a cushion? Doug cuts an amazing cushion in a design called Victoria Regent; I'd also like to have a stone cut in that design some day. Though, I think Asscher is better with lighter stones as you might see the windmill facets better with a lighter toned stone.

Ricezo, haha I know the feeling. My jewelry box is overflowing with the gemstone boxes! Though if you want the lighter toned blue O'Brien Creek topaz, it's slightly cheaper and under A$100 /ct... [emoji6]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1430557115|3871029 said:
Acinom & Mochiko - Wahhh I want one too! But I'm probably just getting caught up in the hype! :lol: I have too many unset stones to justify another purchase. I will live vicariously through you guys for now.

Sparkliesluver - ooh what stone did you decide on for your project?? And did you purchase the cushion Rhodolite Gene posted today?? If so, it's beautiful!

Ha! I can already feel more BIG BAN's coming up :twisted:
You indeed have a gorgeous collection and even more gorgeousness to be set. Live vicariously through us in regard with the top blue topaz. I will do the same with the projects you have coming up.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1430564676|3871051 said:
Acinom said:
Have you already decided what shape you're going to go for? I'm going with Asscher, but if you're going with one for your other electric topaz then maybe a cushion? Doug cuts an amazing cushion in a design called Victoria Regent; I'd also like to have a stone cut in that design some day. Though, I think Asscher is better with lighter stones as you might see the windmill facets better with a lighter toned stone.

Ricezo, haha I know the feeling. My jewelry box is overflowing with the gemstone boxes! Though if you want the lighter toned blue O'Brien Creek topaz, it's slightly cheaper and under A$100 /ct... [emoji6]

I have asked Doug for advice and he recommended the Asscher for this particular rough. For a cushion the Victoria Regent or the Nigerian Cushion would be great options or the Antique round design for a round. I will follow Doug's advice though and opt for an Asscher!

_29829.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results