shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another masterpiece in the making, can't wait to see the finished stone and ring!

Have you decided on ring setting yet? :Up_to_something:

DK :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile: beautiful colour, I am wondering what the end product will look like!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1430569980|3871086 said:
Another masterpiece in the making, can't wait to see the finished stone and ring!

Have you decided on ring setting yet? :Up_to_something:

DK :))

Not yet DK. I need to see the stone first. It could be either very simple or perhaps a 3 or 5-stone ring?

_29832.jpg

_29830.jpg

_29834.jpg

_29835.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430570882|3871098 said:
:bigsmile: beautiful colour, I am wondering what the end product will look like!

Me too Lovinggems! Doug called it the creme de la creme of natural blue topaz on his Instagram page.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drooling. That is THE perfect color for topaz and I cannot believe it has not been treated - that's a real coup. Your inspiration setting designs are stunning, acinom, all those straight lines and right angles. Love them. With your track record, I have no doubt it will be another beauty.

Edited for grammar

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1430590142|3871226 said:
Drooling. That is THE perfect color for topaz and I cannot believe it has not been treated - that's a real coup. Your inspiration setting designs are stunning, acinom, all those straight lines and right angles. Love them. With your track record, I have no doubt it will be another beauty.

Edited for grammar

Aww, thank you so much Minousbijoux :wavey:
I am so grateful Ricezo posted the photo of Doug's new rough!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1430637668|3871454 said:

Edited for grammar

Yes thank you Ricezo and Acinom. I may or may not have contacted Doug about it too. :shifty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430643194|3871465 said:
Acinom|1430637668|3871454 said:

Edited for grammar

Yes thank you Ricezo and Acinom. I may or may not have contacted Doug about it too. :shifty:

Waaah! You did, didn't you? Tell us all about it!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I sent him an email requesting a cushion or an asscher, I think I'll go with an asscher. ::)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! That's great news! Doug will probably recommend Asscher as well. Any ideas on size and how you will set it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, it will be Doug's Asscher Club!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1430670216|3871559 said:
Hahaha, it will be Doug's Asscher Club!

Whahaha :lol: I can feel a 'How to set Doug's untreated natural top colour topaz Asscher' thread coming up 8-)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1430664908|3871523 said:
Yay! That's great news! Doug will probably recommend Asscher as well. Any ideas on size and how you will set it?

Hi Acinom, the size is not firm depending on the division of the rough, cutting etc. I asked for an approx 10mm stone. Not sure about setting, I was leaning towards a mokume band. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430690064|3871655 said:

Hi Acinom, the size is not firm depending on the division of the rough, cutting etc. I asked for an approx 10mm stone. Not sure about setting, I was leaning towards a mokume band. :bigsmile:

Waah! How exciting!!
It will look beautiful in a Mokume.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1430720353|3871786 said:

Waah! How exciting!!

I can't wait to see what you and Mochiko and others will be doing with the stone! Also I will ask for more advice once it's cut!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, you are so efficient. I have not been here the for about a week, and then you got another 3 beautiful blue stones!!! I love them all. Your post makes me almost call Doug to request an asscher natural blue topaz as well. Maybe I should really email Doug. :tongue:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1430737102|3871820 said:
Acinom|1430720353|3871786 said:

Waah! How exciting!!

I can't wait to see what you and Mochiko and others will be doing with the stone! Also I will ask for more advice once it's cut!

Yes, please do! I can use some advice myself as well. The top colour topaz might be the last one to set, so I want something elegantly spectacular! Simple lines, yet quite some drama :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1430747525|3871883 said:
Acinom, you are so efficient. I have not been here the for about a week, and then you got another 3 beautiful blue stones!!! I love them all. Your post makes me almost call Doug to request an asscher natural blue topaz as well. Maybe I should really email Doug. :tongue:

Whahaha 8-) Well, it is quite rare and the pricing is very reasonable so if you are longing for some blue... Just go for it. And it never hurts to send an email. But - being almost on a total ban - I do not want to enable you. :naughty:

Thank you for your kind words! I have been very efficient indeed! I am glad I could swap the order for the vivid blue topaz for the top colour untreated piece. That way I could stay within my 'only 6 more and counting down' limit 8-)

Let us know whether you have indeed contacted Doug.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1430751223|3871933 said:
shulaibaoma|1430747525|3871883 said:

Whahaha 8-) Well, it is quite rare and the pricing is very reasonable so if you are longing for some blue... Just go for it. And it never hurts to send an email. But - being almost on a total ban - I do not want to enable you. :naughty:

Thank you for your kind words! I have been very efficient indeed! I am glad I could swap the order for the vivid blue topaz for the top colour untreated piece. That way I could stay within my 'only 6 more and counting down' limit 8-)

Let us know whether you have indeed contacted Doug.

I finally emailed Doug and request an asscher cut natural top blue topaz!! During the meanwhile my eyes could not move away from his electric blue roughs too........... Too bad I open this post......... :wall:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, sounds good shulaibaoma! I love that the big piece of rough will be cut into Asscher pieces for PSers: Mochiko, Lovinggems, you and me :D

Do you know how you will set it? The electric indeed looks yummy and I am glad Doug will cut one of these for me as well. That rough pic is like a candy store!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I see a run of epic proportions on Bespoke Gems in the next few months! Get ready for the onslaught, Doug! :lol: :lol:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, I am still debating the size but my eyes has been on your dipped in diamond sugar zircon ring and sparkiesluver's green tourmaline ring for a looooooooooooooooooong time. By the way, what's the size of your untreated topaz going to be? I also like the 5-stone design very much too. I hope sparkiesluver request one too.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1430760842|3872003 said:
Oh wow, I see a run of epic proportions on Bespoke Gems in the next few months! Get ready for the onslaught, Doug! :lol: :lol:

mimousbijoux, you should join us too............ :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

SparkliesLuver

shulaibaoma said:
Acinom, I am still debating the size but my eyes has been on your dipped in diamond sugar zircon ring and sparkiesluver's green tourmaline ring for a looooooooooooooooooong time. By the way, what's the size of your untreated topaz going to be? I also like the 5-stone design very much too. I hope sparkiesluver request one too.

shulaibaoma, I'd totally replicate Acinom's dipped in sugar ring, if I were you! ;-) That was going to be my project had I spoken for some of the rough; I wish I could, but I just can't right now. And thank you for the admiration of my ring. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minousbijoux: :lol: Ah, and Doug is already so busy!
I agree with Shulaibaoma: you should join us :naughty:

shulaibaoma said:
Shulaibaoma: aww, thank you for liking my zircon ring. And I love love love Sparkliesluver's ring :love: :love: I would love to choose that design for the yellow zircon that Jeff White will cut for me. The size of my electric blue topaz is estimated at 10 mm. The untreated top colour topaz is estimated at 11 mm. What are the sizes you are debating?

SparkliesLuver said:
shulaibaoma said:

shulaibaoma, I'd totally replicate Acinom's dipped in sugar ring, if I were you! ;-) That was going to be my project had I spoken for some of the rough; I wish I could, but I just can't right now. And thank you for the admiration of my ring. :)
Sparkliesluver: any updates regarding your beautiful projects? Enjoy the process!!
There will probably be some diamond sugar in your future too 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparkliesluver: any updates regarding your beautiful projects? Enjoy the process!!

I shipped the sapphire rough to Jerry this morning. He expects to cut it in a week to two weeks. And I hope Gene is able to mail my garnet this week. :) Thank you. I was getting a bit caught up in everything, so it's nice to have that reminder. :)

I sure hope so! ;-) :naughty:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1430765497|3872041 said:
Acinom said:

I shipped the sapphire rough to Jerry this morning. He expects to cut it in a week to two weeks. And I hope Gene is able to mail my garnet this week. :) Thank you. I was getting a bit caught up in everything, so it's nice to have that reminder. :)

I sure hope so! ;-) :naughty:

This sounds very exciting. Can not wait to see the outcome.........

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom: I am debating the size of the untreated topaz should be. If I choose the dipped in diamond sugar setting, I should have a small one around 7-8mm, but if I lean to sparkliesluver's setting I prefer a larger size 10-11mm. Maybe I should have a untreated topaz with Sparkliesluver's setting and an electric blue on with your setting. :) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awesome! [emoji7] I'm so glad I asked Doug to source me some natural blue topaz rough! Who knew we were starting a PS topaz Asscher club. If we ever have a PS GTG outside the US we need to have reunion of the Gene green tourmalines and Doug natural blue topazes! The group photos would be stunning [emoji16]

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shulaibaoma, you can still halo a 11m stone, it's never too big. Just saying.. [emoji16] [emoji4]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results