color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
ricezo|1428139892|3856791 said:
It's a beautiful colour! I think platinum and rose gold would both work so you can't really go wrong. Just go with your gut feeling! Looking forward to seeing the CADs. :wavey:

Thank you Ricezo! I love the color, as well as the chubby sugarloaf shape.
I was heading back to platinum, but seeing the stone I indeed think that RG could work. With platinum the ring will be more seabreeze fresh while RG will add warmth and tropical flavor. If I would indeed choose RG, would you recommend 14K or 18/20K?

Here are the CAD's, adjusted for the shape of the cab:
I will not opt for two-tone though. It will either be RG all the way or platinum.
Aaahhhh ! I don't have anything constructive to add here, except that I'm impatiently waiting to see the final result. It looks like it will be gorgeous. [emoji7]

Ooh wait, maybe I do have two cents to add here. My cuprian ring is in 18k rose gold.. It's definitely warmer and less rosy than my 14k rose gold but only when compared side by side. I would go for either 14k or 20/22k rose gold (if you have the option).. 18k rose is not worth the price difference from 14k. I'm confident that with 20 or 22k you would see a stronger yellow gold tint.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochiko :wavey:
I appreciate your two cents on the RG colors!

Still undecided on the engraving: do you think I should opt to keeping it plain or fully engraved?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I think a soft buttery gold with a hint of rose would look lovely with your stone. Various rose gold alloys will look different, some richer and redder than others - even two 18ct rose gold rings might not look alike due to different proportions of silver to copper so its something to consider!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428223296|3857121 said:
I think a soft buttery gold with a hint of rose would look lovely with your stone. Various rose gold alloys will look different, some richer and redder than others - even two 18ct rose gold rings might not look alike due to different proportions of silver to copper so its something to consider!

Thank your for sharing these considerations Ricezo!!! Really helpful.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, I guess YG could also be an option. It goes well with blue or green stones.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1428325108|3857478 said:
Acinom, I guess YG could also be an option. It goes well with blue or green stones.

Thanks for chiming in shulaibaoma! YG is not really in my comfort zone, but I can indeed see how it would combine really nice with this stone :appl:
Still two decisions to make: final metal color and adding engraving or not!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THE NON COLOR MATCHING SAPPHIRES

Yesterday afternoon I came home from work to take my youngest to his sports lesson. I was quite surprised to see a small package on the table from the US. I opened it, enjoying the spring sun next to the tennis court and my mouth fell open!

It turned out that my sapphires had been sent to me instead of directly to David Klass as agreed. The good thing is: I love the stones!!! And it's great to finally be able to see a stone prior to setting. The vendor photo's proved to be spot on!!!

I only remembered to take photo's when it was already late, with crappy light. The photo's do not do the stone justice, but will post them anyway:

_28915.jpg

_28916.jpg

_28917.jpg

_28918.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I love them!! And they are a fantastic size on you!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness the pastel gorgeousness, will you make a moi et toi style setting with those ?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
Ooh I love them!! And they are a fantastic size on you!
Thank you Ricezo :wavey: I have a preference for big honking stones but these are perfect for the setting I have in mind!

mochiko42 said:
Oh my goodness the pastel gorgeousness, will you make a moi et toi style setting with those ?
[*]
Mochiko: thank you!!! I usually prefer darker tones and vivid colors but I was immediately mesmerized when I saw the listing for this set :love: And they do not disappoint in real life.
This is the inspiration setting that Sparkliesluver found for me and the CAD's from David Klass. Mine will be made in platinum and instead of using melee, engraving will be added.

_28924.jpg

_28925.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outside, slight drizzle

_28926.jpg

_28927.jpg

_28928.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous! Given they look so good in a dirty shovel just image how beautiful they'll be in the ring! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphires look nice, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ricezo and DK!!
:lol:
In the outdoor pics the blue looks more intense compared to the pink. I real life the stones have the same intensity. It's unbelievable. Looking forward seeing these back, set in a beautiful setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love bypass rings and I love hot and warm colors together. I'm really looking forward to the completion of this project, the stones are lovely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1428761068|3860368 said:
I love bypass rings and I love hot and warm colors together. I'm really looking forward to the completion of this project, the stones are lovely!

Thank you so much TL! I just delivered the stones to the post office. I hope they will atrive safely in the US. Fingers crossed.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
The stones are really gorgeous and I cannot wait to see that bypass ring! :love: I am so glad you chose the bypass style. It is going to be so incredibly elegant - just as I imagine you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1428767038|3860396 said:
The stones are really gorgeous and I cannot wait to see that bypass ring! :love: I am so glad you chose the bypass style. It is going to be so incredibly elegant - just as I imagine you!

Aww, thank you Sapphirestyle! I regard that as a huge compliment coming from you!! Especially since I have seen your fabulous collection. :love: :love:

Initially I had planned to have Cartier style stackers made. I am glad some PSers brought up the idea of a bypass ring. It will be my first!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures make me want a bypass ring...can't wait to see how it comes out!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1428771553|3860414 said:
Your pictures make me want a bypass ring...can't wait to see how it comes out!

Me too!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love your thread Acinom, thank you for blogging and sharing your gem and jewerly journeys!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lilmosun, Ricezo and Lovinggems :wavey:

Lilmosun and Ricezo: I must say I was quite unfamiliar with the concept of a bypass ring. I cannot wait to see how it turns out! My hope is that it can be very flattering and elegant.

lovinggems: aww, thank you for your kind words. I saw enjoy reading the stories and looking at photo's from other PSers and I enjoy sharing as well. I love how we share the fun here on PS.

_28984.jpg

_28985.jpg

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, just wanted to pop in and say thank you for sharing your lovely collection! All of your stones are beautiful, and I can't wait to see ALL of the finished rings! Also, I am just loving the cab and sugarloaf! :love: Keep the photos coming!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non colour matching sapphires have disappeared?
The colour matching sapphires have been sent directly to me by the vendor instead of directly to David Klass. So... after admiring them I send them to the States. Insured, with Tracking and Tracing etc. But according to the Dutch Tracking and Tracing the are 'send to the receiving country' (but the status is not changing since April 14th. And the US Tracking and Tracing says 'the sending country is about to dispatch'. Mmm, wonder if I will see these stones again... The Postal Service can start an investigation on Friday and I will try to keep the faith.

But there are nice developments as well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DecoDaze|1428888998|3861039 said:
Acinom, just wanted to pop in and say thank you for sharing your lovely collection! All of your stones are beautiful, and I can't wait to see ALL of the finished rings! Also, I am just loving the cab and sugarloaf! :love: Keep the photos coming!

Aww, thank you DecoDaze :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Australian skies!!!
Yay! There is blue in my future. The charming mr Doug Menadue agreed to cut two Topaz stones for me. They will be ready by the end of May. I am so excited about this!!! I cannot wait to admire the results.

Here are the pics of the rough. One is electric blue and the other a medium coloured vivid blue. I like!!!
Both stones will be about 10 mm.
Please let me know if you have any ideas about settings

_29300.jpg

_29301.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
First off all, how scary regarding the shipping details! But I have faith that they'll reach David safe and sound. International shipping information can be unreliable so I wouldn't worry. I usually have trouble tracking my orders from Barry and Gene from the U.S. ( Gene doesn't even bother sending me the tracking number, the info is that unreliable!) and also from Jeff in Thaiand. However Ive never had a parcel go missing!

Secondly, yay!! That rough looks so promising! Please post lots of photos - as an Aussie I'm very interested in seeing Doug's work! Does he have a lot of rough/inventory not listed on his site?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
First off all, how scary regarding the shipping details! But I have faith that they'll reach David safe and sound. International shipping information can be unreliable so I wouldn't worry. I usually have trouble tracking my orders from Barry and Gene from the U.S. ( Gene doesn't even bother sending me the tracking number, the info is that unreliable!) and also from Jeff in Thaiand. However Ive never had a parcel go missing!

Secondly, yay!! That rough looks so promising! Please post lots of photos - as an Aussie I'm very interested in seeing Doug's work! Does he have a lot of rough/inventory not listed on his site?
Acinom, stay positive! USPS tracking site is usually slow to update... I've received shipments from the US before but the USPS site still says "preparing to ship"! Lol. And then there was the time I bought a pink spinel from Gem line (I no longer own this stone, sold it on LT) which ended up in Honduras for two weeks before it eventually arrived in Hong Kong.. But I've never lost any shipment to or from the US, it just seems the USPS can be a bit slow sometimes..

Ricezo, if I lived in Australia I would buy all the time from Doug. I have a pink tourmaline from him that I like very much. His cutting is amazing. He also specializes in Australian stones such as natural topaz. He's also a friendly & gracious guy and has great service. I follow his Instagram all the time. He also has a high end line as well as a regular range of gems.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the information Mochiko! Okay, a Doug gemstone is now officially on my wish list! Do you have a thread on your tourmaline?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo, no thread per se but I posted it somewhere else before... Here's a photo. It's a 3ct Afghan. Doug also prices his gems in AUD, not USD which might be advantageous for you.. I think his prices are very reasonable. (sorry for the thread jack Acinom! )

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429699154403.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 238
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results