color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429697090|3865731 said:
Blue Australian skies!!!
Yay! There is blue in my future. The charming mr Doug Menadue agreed to cut two Topaz stones for me. They will be ready by the end of May. I am so excited about this!!! I cannot wait to admire the results.

Here are the pics of the rough. One is electric blue and the other a medium coloured vivid blue. I like!!!
Both stones will be about 10 mm.
Please let me know if you have any ideas about settings

I feel like one of these would be great for a necklace

S

SparkliesLuver

I can understand how nerve-wracking shipping stones can be, but hang in there, Acinom. I'm sure all is well and they'll end up with David safe and sound, no thanks to lousy tracking information.

Oooooo, the topaz looks great! :love: You must've had some idea of what you wanted to do with them when you contacted Doug. :Up_to_something: Will they both be the same cut? Did you pick a specific piece of rough for each? How fun! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429697853|3865735 said:
First off all, how scary regarding the shipping details! But I have faith that they'll reach David safe and sound. International shipping information can be unreliable so I wouldn't worry. I usually have trouble tracking my orders from Barry and Gene from the U.S. ( Gene doesn't even bother sending me the tracking number, the info is that unreliable!) and also from Jeff in Thaiand. However Ive never had a parcel go missing!

Secondly, yay!! That rough looks so promising! Please post lots of photos - as an Aussie I'm very interested in seeing Doug's work! Does he have a lot of rough/inventory not listed on his site?

Thank you for your words of comfort Ricezo. Hopefully they will find out what's wrong once they start the investigation.

My assumption is that Doug has quite a large inventory and that not all rough is listed. I would advice you to contact him. He is a very pleasant person with great customer service.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The roughs are so pretty, do you want a bracelet or a bangle?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: thank you for your words of comfort!

And yes, I agree with what you say about working with Doug!!
Unfortunately the photo of your stone will not load. Hopefully it will load eventually as I am eager to see it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
niel: I usually wear the same OEC pendant or a pearl strand. I am a ring girl at heart 8-)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, Acinom, great minds must think alike! :) I had contacted Doug last week to enquire about custom cutting a large (11-13mm) Asscher in light blue unenhanced topaz, but he needs time to source the rough. [emoji16] the rough that you chose looks divine, will you ask him to cut Asscher or cushion shapes? Doug cuts very nice Asschers!

The pink tourmaline is the step-cut one that I posted in another thread that I'm going to put in a 3-stone ring, somehow Tapatalk doesn't let me repost previous images,or I can't figure it out on the app. Doug's link is here http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_Tourmaline_Sold_2.php#image_503

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429703838|3865768 said:

Thank you Lovinggems! I love the roughs too. This will be the last rings before the Big Ban :twisted:

S

SparkliesLuver

Deleted. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1429705126|3865780 said:

Thank you Lovinggems! I love the roughs too. This will be the last rings before the Big Ban :twisted:

Big Ban? Just coloured stones? Do you need more pearls? :halo:

I always loved mokume and thought about doing a light blue ring with a mokume band. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429703286|3865764 said:
I can understand how nerve-wracking shipping stones can be, but hang in there, Acinom. I'm sure all is well and they'll end up with David safe and sound, no thanks to lousy tracking information.

Oooooo, the topaz looks great! :love: You must've had some idea of what you wanted to do with them when you contacted Doug. :Up_to_something: Will they both be the same cut? Did you pick a specific piece of rough for each? How fun! :)

Whahaha! It's so much fun we begin to read each other's minds!
They will both be Asscher cuts! Based on the numerous photo's I love Doug's Asschers. I did not pick a specific piece. So it will be a surprise cutting process 8-)

Example of an Asscher in the mid vivid blue:

For the electric blue I want something special, perhaps more eleborate. And for the lighter one I am thinking about the Trueste / Boston Jeff. Finally!! I am a blingytaire kind of girl so I am always looking for some oomph and something 'extra'

_29307.jpg

_29308.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

:D Ah, okay. I should have known it was time for some asschers!

I honestly think I just drooled on my desk looking at those pictures. :drool: :love: Wow. Incredible! I think the Trueste would be an excellent pairing with the lighter one, but for the electric blue one I can understand wanting to do something special. I'll keep my eye out. :) Oh, and ignore the pictures I posted above! haha I'll see if I can delete that post.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429705203|3865781 said:
I put on my Acinom-thinking hat and went to work. :) Here's what I came up with that I think feels very much like you. Oh, and also, this might be a good time to do the Trueste. ;-)

You should become a jewelry advisor!!! Thank you so much for these inspiration rings SparkliesLuver. A big hug for you.
I love love love the third design as it is so simple and elegant with oomph. Love the first one as well but I do not want to halo the stones. Perhaps it's possible to create a design without the halo based on this. Thank you!!!!

Edit to add that I will definitely will not ignore your post. I can already see the lighter one in the third design you posted. Either with a defining bezel or with prongs. I like!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the sapphires turn up eventually, fingers crossed!

As for the topaz, looking forward to seeing the finished stones and rings.

I prefer the colour of the roughs in the second pic, paler and with more green myself.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429705953|3865785 said:

I always loved mokume and thought about doing a light blue ring with a mokume band. :bigsmile:

It will be a BIG overall ban, including pearls :twisted:
I am not familiar with Mokume. Could you post pics?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1429704838|3865779 said:
Also, Acinom, great minds must think alike! :) I had contacted Doug last week to enquire about custom cutting a large (11-13mm) Asscher in light blue unenhanced topaz, but he needs time to source the rough. [emoji16] the rough that you chose looks divine, will you ask him to cut Asscher or cushion shapes? Doug cuts very nice Asschers!

The pink tourmaline is the step-cut one that I posted in another thread that I'm going to put in a 3-stone ring, somehow Tapatalk doesn't let me repost previous images,or I can't figure it out on the app. Doug's link is here http://www.bespoke-gems.com/SacredGeometrics_Gemstones_Tourmaline_Sold_2.php#image_503

Ah we will be stone sisters!!! Both roughs will be cut into Asschers for me.
I am looking forward to see yours as well.

Your pink is gorgeous!!!

_29312.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1429706465|3865789 said:
I hope the sapphires turn up eventually, fingers crossed!

As for the topaz, looking forward to seeing the finished stones and rings.

I prefer the colour of the roughs in the second pic, paler and with more green myself.

Thank you for chiming in DK!
You seem to have a preference for softer blues in general? I hope your elegant aqua ring is rapidly growing on you. It's amazing.
When will your green tourmaline be cut by Gene?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429707343|3865794 said:
You seem to have a preference for softer blues in general? I hope your elegant aqua ring is rapidly growing on you. It's amazing.

For Aquamarines, I definitely prefer the paler blue-green shades, and I notice Jeff W has one for sale which is too narrow for my liking. However, he may still have roughs available. :Up_to_something:

Not sure re: green/blue tourmaline. I am not in a hurry, as I have a boiler to replace in the house first before I have any money to spare for anything else.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1429708017|3865800 said:
Acinom|1429707343|3865794 said:

For Aquamarines, I definitely prefer the paler blue-green shades, and I notice Jeff W has one for sale which is too narrow for my liking. However, he may still have roughs available. :Up_to_something:

Not sure re: green/blue tourmaline. I am not in a hurry, as I have a boiler to replace in the house first before I have any money to spare for anything else.

You are always up to something! And so am I :lol:
I inquired about aqua's as well but could not find the colour I was looking for.

Jeff does have this sapphire available.
The finished gem will be lighter than this. Jeff expects a 1.5 to 2.1 ct. finished gem... It looks like a beautiful and soft denim blue.

Hopefully your boiler will be prepared soon. Much more important compared to stones.

_29313.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1429706770|3865790 said:
Lovinggems|1429705953|3865785 said:

It will be a BIG overall ban, including pearls :twisted:
I am not familiar with Mokume. Could you post pics?

Oh hope the big ban is short in duration!

Sample image and links

http://www.krikawa.com/jewelry/body-of-work/details.aspx?style=12

http://www.krikawa.com/mokume/what-is-mokume/mokume-gane-choices

_29316.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this robust style Lovinggems! Thanks for posting.

Here are examples of cut electric blue stones:

_29317.jpg

_29318.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They have many alloy mix you can choose from. This is a ring with a light blue stone.

However, I am seeing your electric blue stone in a halo and blingy type of ring. :love:

_29322.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah ha ha ha snort! I laugh at your "ban" Acinom! I think you will have timed your ban perfectly so that there will be no stone unturned, so to speak, when you finally impose it! :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429715342|3865857 said:
They have many alloy mix you can choose from. This is a ring with a light blue stone.

However, I am seeing your electric blue stone in a halo and blingy type of ring. :love:

Thanks for posting Lovinggems! I love how the alloy and colour of the gem determines the look.

No halo this time. I have one - dipped in diamond sugar - halo ring from Victor Canera which I love and wear often. I am not a halo girl at heart though. I see a vision of quiet elegance where the center stone takes center change. Or a more ornate vintage inspired ring, but still no halo. :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429705203|3865781 said:

Noooooo! Please post them again Sparkliesluver!!! At least the third design with delicate halo and split shank. I was looking for it to save it in my inspiration folder. You know how I always value your ideas :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1429717338|3865869 said:
Bah ha ha ha snort! I laugh at your "ban" Acinom! I think you will have timed your ban perfectly so that there will be no stone unturned, so to speak, when you finally impose it! :lol:

:lol: You'll see! It's just a matter of timing.
Perhaps one more blue and maybe a second yellow, but an Asscher cut this time :twisted:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Ok. Here you go, Acinom. :)

round.jpg

_29326.jpg

_29327.jpg

cushion_sides.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429721069|3865916 said:
haha Ok. Here you go, Acinom. :)

What a relief 8-) Thank you so much for reposting!
I see the split shank in my future and a more bare version of the first :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I am not into halos for myself too, but I do like the look of SparkliesLuvr's photos.
I like the sound of a vintage inspired setting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1429737745|3866054 said:
I am not into halos for myself too, but I do like the look of SparkliesLuvr's photos.
I like the sound of a vintage inspired setting!

Thanks for chiming in Lovinggems :wavey:
Sparkliesluver is an excellent setting consultant!! I love her taste.
Ah, the endless possibilities!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results