shape
carat
color
clarity

A Rubellite for Gailey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Drop dead beautiful - cutting, colour, everything about it is lovely, can''t wait to see how you''re gonna set this puppy ! Is this the first Lisa Elser stone you''ve bought Gailey ? It''s good to know we have a quality gemologist in this neck of the woods !

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:52:36 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 12/10/2009 7:54:31 AM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, that''s one that I had particularly admired in Lisa''s catalogue. What are you going to do with it? And I look forward to seeing yours (or Canuk-gal''s) pictures of it soon!
Was this one in the catalogue? I didn''t think it was. That might mean there is another one Austen .......
I thought I had, or maybe there was a different rhodolite in there that I really admired. I''m at work now and don''t have access to the catalogue, but I''ll try and remember to check when I get home. Regardless, absolutely lovely!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, gorgeous color and a great size. What do you plan to do with it?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 12:45:22 PM
Author: chamois
Drop dead beautiful - cutting, colour, everything about it is lovely, can''t wait to see how you''re gonna set this puppy ! Is this the first Lisa Elser stone you''ve bought Gailey ? It''s good to know we have a quality gemologist in this neck of the woods !
Yup, this is my first Lisa stone. I''ve had my eye on one or two but always managed to hold out until now.

I must admit it is nice to know Lisa is on this side of the border.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, that is beautiful! I love the shape and colour, and the SIZE!!!! Can''t wait to see your pictures of it! Congratulations!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:07:10 PM
Author: Kay
Ooh, gorgeous color and a great size. What do you plan to do with it?
Like as not it wil be a ring. Trouble is, I keep spending my setting budget.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:12:18 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Gailey, that is beautiful! I love the shape and colour, and the SIZE!!!! Can''t wait to see your pictures of it! Congratulations!!
Thanks Lauren. This size is at the upper end of a stone I would wear as a ring. I can hear Canuk chuckling. She''s a tiny little thing and her rocks are huge.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:43:28 AM

I''d like to set it with spess sides, but I don''t think I am brave enough.
Holy cow, that''s bold
23.gif
But if you can pull it off, why the heck not! And if you''re feeling really crazy, set it all in 22k YG
9.gif

P. S. Just in case you''re not sure about that idea, how about something purplish for the sides (amethyst/purple sapphire/rhodolite) in the form of traps (assuming you''ll set it N/S), and with even smaller traps of white diamonds next to them - just a thought.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
AHEM .......There will now be a short intermission whilst Gailey collects her jaw from the floor, dons appropriate clothing for the weather and heads outside (in -10°C) with the camera to take some photos of a little something the postman just delivered. Gotta love overnight delivery!!!

Normal service will be resumed just as soon as thawing takes place......

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need some hot chocolate?

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''m sitting in the airport in Houston, and AM feeling the love :)

The stone is from an older find. It''s been in my rockbox for about 18 months now so I don''t think it''s the latest stuff. It was in a mixed colour parcel and by far the nicest pink.

Now off to vacation!
35.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:15:48 PM

Date: 12/10/2009 1:12:18 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Thanks Lauren. This size is at the upper end of a stone I would wear as a ring. I can hear Canuk chuckling. She''s a tiny little thing and her rocks are huge.
LOL - I''m with you, though. I thought coloured stones would be where I''d parade around my inner size queen. Apparently I like things "medium sized".

And - now I''m curious - pics in -10 degree weather?!?!?!
6.gif

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2009 1:50:54 PM
Author: ma re

Holy cow, that''s bold
23.gif
But if you can pull it off, why the heck not! And if you''re feeling really crazy, set it all in 22k YG
9.gif

P. S. Just in case you''re not sure about that idea, how about something purplish for the sides (amethyst/purple sapphire/rhodolite) in the form of traps (assuming you''ll set it N/S), and with even smaller traps of white diamonds next to them - just a thought.

Or Chrome Tourms. I love green and pink and am having a ring made up now that''s a 10mm square cushion in medium pink with light green chrome pears as side stones.

Now I need to go fly and just let the baby go to its new mom.

Lisa

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 3:28:53 PM
Author: lelser

Date: 12/10/2009 1:50:54 PM
Author: ma re

Holy cow, that''s bold
23.gif
9.gif

Or Chrome Tourms. I love green and pink and am having a ring made up now that''s a 10mm square cushion in medium pink with light green chrome pears as side stones.

Now I need to go fly and just let the baby go to its new mom.

Lisa
You enjoy your holiday Lisa, you''ve earned every minute of it. Please make a point of posting your ring when you get home.
Hugs.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
So here''s the first one. Thankfully Mr Postman did knock! I must get that bell fixed. Lord knows how many parcels I miss because of it.

Now I warn you, my photos are no where near the quality of Tom''s (Lisa''s husband). And these are all indoors. The battery promptly died, so outdoor ones will be later.

A rubellite for Gailey 01.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
My photos don''t even come close to how lovely it is. It flashes purple, red and orange. How cool is that.

A rubellite for Gailey 02.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely seeing orange in there. Love the 22kt gold idea too.

A rubellite for Gailey 03.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m seeing a bit of a tilt window in the photos, but trust me there''s no window (not even a port hole) in this baby. The first 3 shots were taken in front of a north facing window. The enormous bank of snow outside is giving a grey/blue cast.

The next few are under the halogen lights in the kitchen.

A rubellite for Gailey 04.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
These are a bit more representative of the colour. The focussing gets worse, but it does show the colours that dance of the stone.

A rubellite for Gailey 05.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Bored yet?

A rubellite for Gailey 07.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Trying to tilt it a bit to show you the flashes. Not very good at it. I need Ellen. Where is Ellen?

A rubellite for Gailey 08.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The requisite handshot to show you perspective

A rubellite for Gailey 09.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The hand shot and this one were taken under my bedside halogen lamp.

A rubellite for Gailey 010.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Next into the bathroom which is very bright with natural north facing light. The electric lights are also on. These next shots are all taken with the stone sitting on top of a make-up mirror.

A rubellite for Gailey 011.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I included the last one and there''s one more that''s grossly out of focus. The stone itself is not glowy like a Mahenge spinel, but it does throw out these neon pink colours. I haven''t re-touched the photos, just re-sized them.

A rubellite for Gailey 012.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
those last two pictures-
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

*swoon*
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
You get a bit of a hint at Lisa''s superb cutting in this one.

A rubellite for Gailey 013.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Nearly done.

A rubellite for Gailey 014.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Trust me, there''s a rubellite in there somewhere. Look at that colour!

That was the last one before the battery died. More later

Thanks for looking.

A rubellite for Gailey 015.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic color!! I love that stone.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
OMG between your rubellite and Chrono's Mahenge, I think I'm sitting in puddles of drool. That stone has it all, vivid color, great cutting, nice size. You are soooooo lucky!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results