shape
carat
color
clarity

A Rubellite for Gailey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
This beautiful stone is making it''s way across the Rockies as we speak from Lisa Elser in British Columbia, to me here in Alberta.

I am so excited!

A Rubellite for Gailey.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
I''m excited for you!! That''s an absolutely beautiful stone.
30.gif
I hope you take pictures of it.
12.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!! It looks beautiful
18.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh! it looks so rich and yummy
3.gif

36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well pictures could be a challenge because of my Nikon Coolpix''s inability to focus indoors and it''s -20°C outside, but I will see what I can do.

Maybe I can get Canuk-Gal to take a picture of it on Sunday for me.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I just bought a stone from Lisa as well and have great hopes for how it will look in real life. She seems like an excellent gem cutter and a great lady!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2009 11:28:18 PM
Author: Gailey
Well pictures could be a challenge because of my Nikon Coolpix''s inability to focus indoors and it''s -20°C outside, but I will see what I can do.

There was just a topic in CS on Nikon coolpix, started by Brandy I think, and some tips in there on how to take good photos.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
23.gif
30.gif

Wow! Stunning! Congrats....

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
beautiful color and cut..good luck

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That is luscious!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the purple.
36.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2009 3:17:03 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Love the purple.
36.gif

me 2
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I knew it won''t be long until someone snatches that one - it''s a beauty!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and a really good size! What are your plans for it?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s one that I had particularly admired in Lisa''s catalogue. What are you going to do with it? And I look forward to seeing yours (or Canuk-gal''s) pictures of it soon!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, what a whopper of a stone! Rubellites are not known for being large. Gailey, is this from the new Nigerian find?

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gailey,
Fabulous gem, love the colour, and great faceting by Lisa, but then you wouldn''t expect any less from her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ll be glad to help! It looks dreamy in the pictures--but the official version wil have to wait for Sunday!

cheers--Sharon

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Gailey!!! What a lovely stone!!! I LOVE the color!!! Can''t wait to see more pictures.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful color, cut and shape!
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puuuuurty!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 11:35:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

There was just a topic in CS on Nikon coolpix, started by Brandy I think, and some tips in there on how to take good photos.
You are correct TL and I was able to get my camera to focus on the stones indoors with everyone''s help and suggestions.
36.gif
I believe my biggest issue was the lighting, mainly lack thereof, and making sure the focus box was green and not red.
9.gif

Gorgeous stone Gailey!!
30.gif
The color and cut on that stone is divine!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. I hope Lisa sees them, because she must take all the credit for this little beauty. She said that this one feels like her child and hopes it is going to it''s forever home. I reassured her that I fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes on it. Bit like I did when I first met Mr Gailey, who wasn''t wearing any socks at the time .....

Don''t know if Lisa has web access in Ecuador where she is headed, so I hope she is feeling the love. I must say, since my love affair with gems was re-kindled I have been so fortunate to get to know some fairly remarkable people in the industry. Peter Torraca, who is, without doubt, just the nicest guy and hugely talented, (you all got his e-mail with details of his pre christmas sale - right). Lisa and Roger, likewise. Not to mention all of you. xxxoooxxx

I am sitting glued to my laptop this morning (so what''s new!), re-freshing my e-mail every 5 minutes to see if there is an update on the tracking from Canada Post.

The snow is falling again on top of the last lot from the weekend, I think I must have about 2 feet out there by now, so of course I am fretting that the Postman won''t be able to get through. Then I remind myself that I''m not back in the UK where the wrong type of snow can bring an entire country to a screaming halt.

I must go and put some tape over the doorbell and a big sign on the front door to say "KNOCK hard, the bell doesn''t work". Better go and shovel the snow off the pathway to the front door as well.

And as I type, someone we know and love, somewhere in the far south is coming up with ideas for a ring, but more of that later. I''d like to set it with spess sides, but I don''t think I am brave enough.

I guess I''d better get dressed, what will the postman say If I answer the door in my PJs!

Can''t you tell how laid back I am about it all!

Laters ................

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:57:36 AM
Author: Chrono
Man, what a whopper of a stone! Rubellites are not known for being large. Gailey, is this from the new Nigerian find?
Chrono, I know it''s Nigerian and un-treated, but I don''t know if it''s from the new find. When Lisa is back, I will ask her - maybe she will see the question.

This is the first time I have fallen in love with a stone that has such a saturated colour. You maybe coverting me from the pastel shades after all.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:54:31 AM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, that''s one that I had particularly admired in Lisa''s catalogue. What are you going to do with it? And I look forward to seeing yours (or Canuk-gal''s) pictures of it soon!
Was this one in the catalogue? I didn''t think it was. That might mean there is another one Austen .......

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:36:25 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I''ll be glad to help! It looks dreamy in the pictures--but the official version wil have to wait for Sunday!

cheers--Sharon
I think it would photograph beautifully next to a glass of bubbly. What say you Sharon?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:25:59 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 12/9/2009 11:35:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

You are correct TL and I was able to get my camera to focus on the stones indoors with everyone''s help and suggestions.
36.gif
I believe my biggest issue was the lighting, mainly lack thereof, and making sure the focus box was green and not red.
9.gif

Gorgeous stone Gailey!!
30.gif
The color and cut on that stone is divine!
I definitely had more success indoors when I set the camera to manual and read the manual.

I''f I am not successful, I will ask a friend of mine who works for Cannon to take some shots on 19th.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s Big, Deep, and a beautiful color and cut!! Please do take lots of photos!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 11:54:24 AM

Date: 12/10/2009 9:36:25 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

cheers--Sharon
I think it would photograph beautifully next to a glass of bubbly. What say you Sharon?
....goes without saying.......
emcocktl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results