shape
carat
color
clarity

A great way to clean diamonds.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

togal

Shiny_Rock
A while back I posted a questions asking if the Jewel Jet jewelry steam cleaner worked as well or better than the steam feature on a capuccino machine. Well, I just received the Jewel Jet, which I ordered off e-Bay, and let me tell you that between my ultra-sonic and the Jewel Jet, my diamonds have never sparkled more
10.gif
. It''s an amazing product and works as well as the professional steamers that the jewelers use. It''s quite a bit more powerful than the steam feature on the capuccino machine. I would recommend it to anyone who is as anal as I am
9.gif
when it comes to keeping their diamonds clean and sparkly all the time. My husband thinks I''m a bit nuts (I go through the ritual of the ultrasonic and now my steamer every morning before I go to work)...but what the heck....you only live once...why not enjoy your jewelry!
9.gif

....by the way...this is an ubiased opinion....I have no affiliation with the product.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I got one a few weeks ago and love it!!! It gives my diamonds the ''cleaned from the jeweler'' look without leaving my home. I use it once a week or sometimes more if we are going out for a special occasion or something. I agree...it rocks
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use my Jewel Jet every Friday night (can you say anal......I thought you could......LOL). In between, my rings get brushed with a soft toothbrush and jewelery cleaner every night and then it''s tucked in it''s velvet night house for a nice restful sleep.

I agree. The Jewel Jet is an amazing value and works wonderfully.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey you guys... do you clean the ring first - then steam it? Or can you just "steam it clean"???? Thanks!

Lynn

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Togal,

Thanks for the info on the jet steamer. Hope you don''t mind me asking, from which ebay dealer did you purchase your steamer?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2006 8:18:54 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hey you guys... do you clean the ring first - then steam it? Or can you just ''steam it clean''???? Thanks!

Lynn
Hey Lynn........I clean my ring first, then steam it. I''m not sure if it''s necessary given that I clean my ring daily, but that''s the way I do it none-the-less.

Cheers!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Lynn B,

In answer to your question, I clean first, then use the steamer....that''s the way the professional jewellers do it, and that''s what it recommended in the Jewel Jet instructions, although just steaming it, without cleaning first, still works pretty good, although, to be honest, my diamonds never really get a chance to get dirty.

Jelly,

In answer to your question, I bought my Jewel Jet off a vendor named "Jensid". Her real name is Fay Cullen, and she''s an excellent vendor.....100% positive feedback. I got my unit for $69, whereas, on the Jewel Jet web they sell for $99. Also, you don''t have to wait for the auction to end, you can just purchase it at the $69 price. Believe me, it''s worth it. The ultransonic just doesn''t give the stones that finishing touch.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 10:01:42 AM
Author: Rod

Date: 4/10/2006 8:18:54 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hey you guys... do you clean the ring first - then steam it? Or can you just ''steam it clean''???? Thanks!

Lynn
Hey Lynn........I clean my ring first, then steam it. I''m not sure if it''s necessary given that I clean my ring daily, but that''s the way I do it none-the-less.

Cheers!
Same here...I think the jewel jet directions suggest you clean it first but there are some pieces that I just steam weekly since I dont'' wear them often.

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 9:14:23 PM
Author: Jelly
Hi Togal,

Thanks for the info on the jet steamer. Hope you don''t mind me asking, from which ebay dealer did you purchase your steamer?
Jelly, You can also try diamond-rolex on ebay.(Power-Seller)
36.gif

SEJJ.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 11:14:48 AM
Author: Tool Guy

Date: 4/10/2006 9:14:23 PM
Author: Jelly
Hi Togal,

Jelly, You can also try diamond-rolex on ebay.(Power-Seller)
36.gif
I would recommend diamond rolex (ebay).
36.gif
I got mine for $69.99. Shipping was quick even to Canada and it was well packaged. I love the Jewel Jet steamer.

I usually soak my rings in a jewellery cleaner then I steam clean them. Then can air dry them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$69 sounds cheap. i paid $99 for mine.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Jewel Jet and I just love it! It''s a very close second to the steam cleaner professional Jewelers use! Certainly better than any other jewelry steamer I have ever used or that is available for home use.

My weekday ritual is:
Take my rings off when I get home from work.
Put them in jewelry cleaner jar, let them soak overnight.
In the morning I take them out, rinse, spray some SparkleSparkle gold and scrub with the isty, bitsy, little brush my Sparkle Sparkle came with.
Rinse
tissue paper dry and go!

On the weekend my ritual is:
Ultrasonic for about 3 minutes (solution of amonia and dishwashing liquid)
Rinse
Jewel Jet steam
Tissue paper dry and go!

The Jewel Jet is really the icing on the cake. It is amazing! I paid $99
8.gif
direct from their online website. It was worth it even at $99. I use distilled water, even though they say you can use regular tap water.

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 8:28:19 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I have a Jewel Jet and I just love it! It''s a very close second to the steam cleaner professional Jewelers use! Certainly better than any other jewelry steamer I have ever used or that is available for home use.

My weekday ritual is:
In the morning I take them out, rinse, spray some SparkleSparkle gold and scrub with the isty, bitsy, little brush my Sparkle Sparkle came with.
Rinse
tissue paper dry and go!

Rinse
Jewel Jet steam
Tissue paper dry and go!

8.gif
direct from their online website. It was worth it even at $99. I use distilled water, even though they say you can use regular tap water.
Even at $99.00 Suzy, they are a great deal compared to what the big commercial steam sytems cost. For the money its a great way to clean your ring.
1.gif

It sounds like you have your own system for cleaning your ring.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 8:28:19 PM

My weekday ritual is:
Rinse
tissue paper dry and go!

Rinse
Jewel Jet steam
Tissue paper dry and go!

8.gif
Suzy.........I too paid $99 for mine, and I agree it''s amazing, even at $99. But, more importantly.........Thank you for posting your daily/weekend ritual and helping me feel even an "itsy bitsy" less anal about my own rituals..........LOL LOL
31.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Tool Guy/Rod:

Believe it or not, I have to restrain myself from cleaning more. If I were to let myself completely go, I would clean my rings several times a day. I admit I have secretly done that
31.gif
But the Jewel Jet does make a fair amount of noise so that my husband and my kids can hear me using it. Then they yell to me "Oh my gosh, are you cleaning your rings AGAIN!!!" "Hey", I say "You can never be too thin, too rich, have too many diamonds, or have them be TOO CLEAN!!" So there!

Hey, really. I just love looking "into" my diamond and seeing all those gorgeous sparkles. It''s an addiction! The cleaner they are, the more spectacular they look. I''m hooked. What can I say, it''s almost like having OCD. Sometimes, I just can''t help myself!
19.gif

PS''ers are the only ones who understand me.
26.gif

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

this Jewel Jet thing sounds pretty cool. I just bought my stone and haven''t had it set yet(man, I''m starting to sound like a broken record...I keep saying that, he he he), but I was already thinking about how my gf will be able to keep and maintain her ring when she gets it.

Do you guys use that jewel jet so you don''t have to go to the professional or local jeweler to clean it? Or do you still do that too?

just wonderin...gettin prepared for what to tell her about keeping her ring nice and shiny!

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 1:37:20 PM
Tool Guy/Rod:

Believe it or not, I have to restrain myself from cleaning more. If I were to let myself completely go, I would clean my rings several times a day. I admit I have secretly done that
31.gif
But the Jewel Jet does make a fair amount of noise so that my husband and my kids can hear me using it. Then they yell to me ''Oh my gosh, are you cleaning your rings AGAIN!!!'' ''Hey'', I say ''You can never be too thin, too rich, have too many diamonds, or have them be TOO CLEAN!!'' So there!

Hey, really. I just love looking ''into'' my diamond and seeing all those gorgeous sparkles. It''s an addiction! The cleaner they are, the more spectacular they look. I''m hooked. What can I say, it''s almost like having OCD. Sometimes, I just can''t help myself!
19.gif

PS''ers are the only ones who understand me.
26.gif
Suzy, you can clean your ring as much as you like. You can''t hurt it.
36.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question: what is the point of using the steamer if you have to clean it first? I''m not sure how the steamer works.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Tool Guy can probably give you a more scientific answer.

But from a layperson''s view... When I just clean my rings in jewelry cleaner and/or in the ultrasonic, they look really good. But the steamer applies hot steam with pressure, so your ring is like "blasted" to get every last little speck of dirt and oil off of it. Diamonds by nature attract dirt and especially grease and oil from your skin and cosmetics. The hot steams gets your rings squeaky clean. Also, they dry without any water spots whatsoever!

So to answer your question, cleaning w/solution and US gets them looking 90% great. Cleaning with a steamer really gets that extra 10% of sparkle to show!

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 1:49:08 PM
Author: Kim N
Question: what is the point of using the steamer if you have to clean it first? I''m not sure how the steamer works.
Hi Kim, you can clean your ring with just the steamer. If you really had an old beat up piece that was covered in dirt you could start by soaking it over night in Jewelry cleaner. Foe everyday cleaning the Jewel Jet is quick.

The steamer is fine for cleaning by itself.
35.gif

Tool Guy

Rough_Rock
Good answer Suzy
36.gif

I''m working on a video for the Jewel Jet and the Sparkle Spa that will show how both units work and it will listed on Pricescope soon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 1:49:08 PM
all depends how dirty my wife''s ring gets. if the rings are really dirty
14.gif
i use the heated US first and then the steamer.my wife loves the steamer b/c she can''t take the smell of ammonia.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Looking forward to the video Tool Guy. They say a picture (video) is worth a thousand words!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 2:00:41 PM
Tool Guy can probably give you a more scientific answer.

But from a layperson''s view... When I just clean my rings in jewelry cleaner and/or in the ultrasonic, they look really good. But the steamer applies hot steam with pressure, so your ring is like ''blasted'' to get every last little speck of dirt and oil off of it. Diamonds by nature attract dirt and especially grease and oil from your skin and cosmetics. The hot steams gets your rings squeaky clean. Also, they dry without any water spots whatsoever!

So to answer your question, cleaning w/solution and US gets them looking 90% great. Cleaning with a steamer really gets that extra 10% of sparkle to show!
until the next time you use the restroom.there just no way to avoid water spots.
38.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Suzy, Tool Guy, and DF!

Does that mean that if I were to buy only one thing, an ultrasonic OR a steam cleaner, I should get a steam cleaner? Because it cleans fine by itself, dries the ring, and doesn't require ammonia? I'm trying to choose among the Jewel Jet, the Sharper Image, or the GemOro Sparkle Spa.

ETA: Or if I just buy an ultrasonic, is the SI better or the Sparkle Spa?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire:

Ok, promise you won''t laugh?. When I wash my hands in a public restroom I am very careful to wash my fingers and palms of my hands but try to keep the water off the back of my hand so I don''t get water spots on my rings. When I''m at home, I take off my rings when I wash my hands.

Hope you are not laughing!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim I''d get the jewel jet. Does a nice quick job. I have one also. Then down the road buy a US.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 2:24:08 PM
Dancing Fire:

Ok, promise you won''t laugh?. When I wash my hands in a public restroom I am very careful to wash my fingers and palms of my hands but try to keep the water off the back of my hand so I don''t get water spots on my rings. When I''m at home, I take off my rings when I wash my hands.

Hope you are not laughing!
I''m not laughing, I do the SAME thing. I have become a pro at it, hehe.
31.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 2:25:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
Kim I'd get the jewel jet. Does a nice quick job. I have one also. Then down the road buy a US.
Thanks, Kaleigh. Since the Jewel Jet is kind of pricey right now, if I get only a US would you suggest the SI or the Sparkle Spa? I've seen excellent reviews of both here on PS, so I guess it doesn't matter?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 2:22:16 PM
Thank you, Suzy, Tool Guy, and DF!

Does that mean that if I were to buy only one thing, an ultrasonic OR a steam cleaner, I should get a steam cleaner? Because it cleans fine by itself, dries the ring, and doesn''t require ammonia? I''m trying to choose among the Jewel Jet, the Sharper Image, or the GemOro Sparkle Spa.

ETA: Or if I just buy an ultrasonic, is the SI better or the Sparkle Spa?
Kim
you need all the toys.
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cleaning-toys.37657/=

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results