shape
carat
color
clarity

A great way to clean diamonds.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 12:24:06 AM
Author: Wink

Date: 4/12/2006 11:04:26 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I try to remember to take off my rings when I get home from work, but I DEFINITELY take them off before I go to bed too. I put them in my jar of jewelery cleaner that has no amonia. It''s more like a sudsy water solution. My jeweler gave it to me when I bought my ring. But I think it would even be okay to leave it overnight in a solution of say 1/4 amonia mixed with 3/4 water and a little dishwashing soap.

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don''t do it. Often the ammonia tarnishes the silver in the metal and leaves a horrible black stain on the gold, especially white gold. NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER leave your ring in ammonia overnight. Sometimes, no problems, but sometimes BIG problems!

Wink
You''re totally right, Wink. I can attest to the tarnish. When I was very young- like 12 yrs. old or so, I ruined a white gold ring by leaving it in this jewelry cleaner solution that my mom bought at the drugstore. I will never repeat this horrible mistake again.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2006 12:30:00 AM
Author: Small
Date: 4/13/2006 12:24:06 AM

Author: Wink

Date: 4/12/2006 11:04:26 PM

I try to remember to take off my rings when I get home from work, but I DEFINITELY take them off before I go to bed too. I put them in my jar of jewelery cleaner that has no amonia. It''s more like a sudsy water solution. My jeweler gave it to me when I bought my ring. But I think it would even be okay to leave it overnight in a solution of say 1/4 amonia mixed with 3/4 water and a little dishwashing soap.

NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don''t do it. Often the ammonia tarnishes the silver in the metal and leaves a horrible black stain on the gold, especially white gold. NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER leave your ring in ammonia overnight. Sometimes, no problems, but sometimes BIG problems!

Wink

But it is ok to clean with ammonia right? (lord I hope so because I clean my rings with ammonia and water every night). I never leave them in there very long...5 minutes maybe...if not ammonia and water then what??? There are so many threads and that''s what I found the majority of people to be using.

I NEVER sleep with my rings on at night. I may nap with them on occassionally but never to bed all night. I''m anal too Rod LOL...I am too busy tossing and turning all night to worry about what I would be doing to my ring. It''s in a safe place while I sleep
2.gif

Yes, clean away, but do not leave them soaking in the ammonia for hours. Sometimes you will get away with it, but if your ring has the right mix of alloys you will be VERY cranky!

Wink

togal

Shiny_Rock
Rod:

You are very funny.....do your rings wake up well rested and refreshed? LOL

Not to worry.....I''m just as obsessive. In fact, before I got my Jewel Jet and ultra-sonic, I used to go into one of those very high-end poshy-posh jewellery stores to have my rings cleaned as often as I could, until one time they suggested that I might like to purchase something.
5.gif
....I.left feeling embarassed and never went back.....thank gawd for the JJ and US!
41.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 11:13:05 AM
Author: togal
Rod:

You are very funny.....do your rings wake up well rested and refreshed? LOL

Not to worry.....I''m just as obsessive. In fact, before I got my Jewel Jet and ultra-sonic, I used to go into one of those very high-end poshy-posh jewellery stores to have my rings cleaned as often as I could, until one time they suggested that I might like to purchase something.
5.gif
....I.left feeling embarassed and never went back.....thank gawd for the JJ and US!
41.gif
Thanks for brightening my day togal!! I used to have two rings, but I upgraded them into one pretty fantastic ring, so it''s a single these days. But yes, I suspect it wakes up more refreshed than I do!!
4.gif

What I did to ensure I have perpetual cleaning rights (shhh.....don''t tell) is I bought myself a really good watch from a higher end store and then I''ve bought a few smaller items to keep in good stead. They are really gracious to me and when I stop by for a bling fix, they actually offer to steam and polish my ring at no charge ever.

Thanks.........

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wink:

I hear ya! I''ve been doing a real no no
38.gif
I have stopped soaking my rings overnight as of this very moment. Better safe than sorry
2.gif

So now I think I''ll follow Rod''s routine
9.gif
I''ll put my girls to bed everynight in their velvet ring box so they will be bright-eyed and bushy tailed in the morning!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 12:07:29 PM
Wink:

I hear ya! I've been doing a real no no
38.gif
I have stopped soaking my rings overnight as of this very moment. Better safe than sorry
2.gif

So now I think I'll follow Rod's routine
9.gif
I'll put my girls to bed everynight in their velvet ring box so they will be bright-eyed and bushy tailed in the morning!
36.gif
Your girls will be ever so grateful. Poor things, I bet they thought they had done something wrong and believed they were being punished. So sad, being made to drown in amonia for hours and hours on end. You're lucky they haven't turned on you!! There........enought guilt for 'ya??!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 12:24:23 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 4/13/2006 12:07:29 PM
Wink:

I hear ya! I''ve been doing a real no no
38.gif
2.gif

So now I think I''ll follow Rod''s routine
9.gif
I''ll put my girls to bed everynight in their velvet ring box so they will be bright-eyed and bushy tailed in the morning!
36.gif
Your girls will be ever so grateful. Poor things, I bet they thought they had done something wrong and believed they were being punished. So sad, being made to drown in amonia for hours and hours on end. You''re lucky they haven''t turned on you!! There........enought guilt for ''ya??!!
LMAO
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Rod:

Hey, I''m toughening them up so they will be able to withstand all the pollutants, oils, grease and dirt that is out there in the real big bad world. Compared to an amonia bath, the rest is a piece of cake! See my logic?
2.gif

Ok, seriously now. When I soaked them overnight, it was in the jewelery cleaner the jeweler gave me which did not contain amonia. It was a sudsy soapy liquid, no amonia at all!
12.gif

That said, let the berating continue!
11.gif
My BAD! Mia culpa! I done WRONG!!! Oh, what an unfit mother I am! Woe is me! I promise to pamper them from now on!

Hey, It''s all good. Remember... I really, really like you! I can take it!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 12:43:50 PM
Rod:

Hey, I''m toughening them up so they will be able to withstand all the pollutants, oils, grease and dirt that is out there in the real big bad world. Compared to an amonia bath, the rest is a piece of cake! See my logic?
2.gif

Ok, seriously now. When I soaked them overnight, it was in the jewelery cleaner the jeweler gave me which did not contain amonia. It was a sudsy soapy liquid, no amonia at all!
12.gif

That said, let the berating continue!
11.gif
My BAD! Mia culpa! I done WRONG!!! Oh, what an unfit mother I am! Woe is me! I promise to pamper them from now on!

Hey, It''s all good. Remember... I really, really like you! I can take it!
9.gif
I''m glad you took your "scolding" with the humor that was intended. I''m sure you meant well, but you must have missed the appropriate chapters in the "How to Care For Your New Darling Pet Rock" book!!!

Thanks to you and Kaleigh for making this a VERY enjoyable thread to exercise my humorous side!!

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
You guys are too funny!

But I bet my girl will be the same way! I haven''t given it to her yet, but right now, I call it "my precious," he he he

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results