shape
carat
color
clarity

3rd Anniversary Bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary Mara!
36.gif

The bracelet is wonderful! I can hardly believe that''s only 1.5 ctw! It looks MUCH bigger. Great bling!
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Mara, on yr 3rd wedding anniversary and yr new blling!
36.gif

I want one btw!!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara that picture with your wedding set and braclet is incredible! Awwwwww, you guys are so cute!!! I am glad you had a wonderful anniversary
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for your new bling! Most importantly, congratulations on a happy marriage!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect with your rings. Very sparkly! How sweet Greg wanted to get you the larger carat size. I love it! Men can really surprise you.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning and looks beautiful with your rings!!! Happy anniversary.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Happy belated anniversary!

The bracelet is gorgeous!
Those diamond bangles are fantastic!

Also the 2 of you are an adorably good-looking couple!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Mara, it''s beautiful! Congrats!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary, and congrats on the addition to the jewelry wardrobe!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh is fabulous mara, seriously, it''s looks perfect on you and great with your rings. now i''ve got another thing to add to my ever increasing wish list..Happy anniversary too...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Everyone!! Greg IS sweet do do the auto-upgrade which I was totally not expecting. I was just secretly hoping he'd be open to something bauble related this year...and when he was I was so jazzed. I was joking around and telling a friend that I think he is just happy to not have to pony up for any sort of massive $$$$ diamond upgrade to my large stone this year...so he was like 'Sure a bracelet?! Works for me!!' haha.

Sundial it's so funny because I think you, I, and jcrow are maybe the only 3 who have this bangle so far on PS?? I was looking around for pictures but really couldn't find anything other than your guys's threads. I think Wonka MIGHT have gotten it for an anniversary gift for his wife but never posted pictures. So I was really happy to see some 'real life' shots on the arms of you and jcrow for sure. Funny because yours is 3ctw and jcrow's is I think about .85ctw, so mine is kind of in the middle!

I was looking around on all the vendors for a few days to try to find something that was around what I thought he might spend ($500ish) and there wasn't much...I thought maybe I should just get 'anniversary credit' for the future when I really do find something I do want or use the $$ to upgrade my earrings this fall. But then he told me the budget and it was like double what I had been thinking so I thought oh now I might be able to find something! Signed Pieces had a 1.15ctw diamond line bracelet from Raffi that was in the budget but when I emailed them to ask about it, literally I guess it had been sold that morning! I was like jeez what timing, I had been looking at it for about a week. So I guess it wasn't meant to be mine. So I was thinking bracelet more than pendant and then I thought of the shared prong bangle from WF. I showed Greg the solitaire one too which I really do like and have tried on before...but he said it was 'too subtle'...haha.

I was actually a little unsure about the 1.5ctw vs 1ctw because I really do not wear that much jewelry and my daily wardrobe is pretty understated, and I thought it might be too much but when Greg called me a diamond chicken I was like BRING IT ON!! haha. Plus I really want this to be a long-term piece I can always wear so as I age I might start to wear more bling and not even think about it! But in reality it is a perfect size actually. And the 1ctw was 2.2mm and this one is 2.6mm so it's really hardly much of a difference in width which made me think that the jump up would be subtle enough. I don't think I'll be wearing it hiking or anything like I do my rings everywhere but I will definitely wear it on a mostly daily basis.

Irina, LOL...I told Greg what you said and he likes the idea of looking 10 years younger. hahha.
Ellen, it's a top and thanks!! hehe. I actually got it in NYC at the cutest store for like $15...they had all these different colors so I got 4...and I wear them all the time out with jeans and heels, they are so versatile.

Linda, my necklace is actually just a silver piece from White House Black Market. It used to have 7 disc circles in graduated sizes with a mother of pearl-ish smaller disc circle on top of each silver one, but when I got home after buying it I realized that the one I chose only had 6 discs. Since I am horrible about returning things, it just sat in my jewelry box for months unused since it looked wrong with only 6. Finally one day I thought, what if I just cut off the other circles and trimmed it down to 3. Then no one would know it was supposed to have 7! hahaa. So I cut off the circles (they are all attached with little rings so it was perfect) and now I really love it with 3 anyway, because I don't wear a lot of jewelry and this is just the right amount of 'stuff' going on for me on the neck without it being too overwhelming. So now I wear it way more often!

For those who asked, the bangle has 24 diamonds for a ctw of 1.5c so that is what, about 6.25 pointers I guess? Or do they round down to say 6 pointers? Not sure. And it's 2.6mm wide. So it's actually a little thinner than my e-ring if you can believe it. The shared prong is such a different look than my rings, but I am glad that this is on my wrist and not my hand, I think I will hopefully bang it about less. I will try to take some more pictures today if I get any cute or unique ones. I can post a profile too but it's very low to the wrist thank goodness because I'm clumsy!
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniiversary! WOW I love that bangle! *coveting coveting coveting* It looks perfect with your rings.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
So classic and delicate. Looks perfect on your wrist! Wear it in good health!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the picture that your ering was in!
They make a beautiful set together! *Bling*

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it looks lovely on your wrist- just the right amount of bling and I love how close fitting it is. Can''t believe how there doesn''t seem to be any difference in colour between the monster stone and the 6 pointers. Absolutely gorgeous!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love your new bangle.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That bangle has been on my diamond jewelry wish list! However, I don''t wear much jewelry on a daily basis so I''m not sure if I can get used to wearing a bracelet. It''s beautiful though! And how nice of Greg to get a size larger! Calling you diamond chicken...that''s funny! You two look awesome. Such a cute couple!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE the size of the bracelet! With your e-ring and wedding band I think it''s tasteful and very, very, elegent. Congrats on the 3rd year!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet is stunning (as are your rings). Happy Anniversary!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I love it. The diamonds in your bangle look so big!!! It looks amazing with your rings.

So, what do you have in mind for your next anniversary? A matching bangle? Heeheehee

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the new bling and you two look SO cute and happy!!!!!! you look tiny and very pretty!!

M~

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are sooo cute!!! I love the new bangle, it''s just gorgeous. Talk about sparkle galore!!! Glad you guys had a fab anniversary!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
You guys look so nice and Mara you are glowing!
I love that bangle, it has always been a fav WF piece.
What a nice memorable gift.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You are such a staple on this board...so it is thrilling to go for the ride with you! The bling ride that is. Congrats on the gift, the three years and for finding the fountain of youth!!

Oh, and you too make a beautiful couple...one could actually say...
Mara-valous!!!!

DKS

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Mara! On the 3 yrs and the bling! I''m loving that bracelet, very good choice. I think that will be a classic piece. And that pic of you two is great!

FYI - we went to Carmel yesterday and had a blast! I thought of all of the ps''ers when I walked by all of the many jewelry stores. They had some yummy pieces. Maybe in the future we should do a Carmel get together :) hehe

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girlfriend, you get the BEST STUFF!!! I
30.gif
it! Bling-tastic! Are you hypnotizing Greg in his sleep, and, if so -- can you send some tapes to me to play for DH.
31.gif

You guys looks so happy & summery & glam! Happy Anniversary!
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 7:24:30 PM
Author: decodelighted
Girlfriend, you get the BEST STUFF!!! I
30.gif
it! Bling-tastic! Are you hypnotizing Greg in his sleep, and, if so -- can you send some tapes to me to play for DH.
31.gif

You guys looks so happy & summery & glam! Happy Anniversary!
9.gif
Yes, please do tell us your secrets!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bracelet on a beautiful girl, who is part of a beautiful couple!! Many many more Happy Anniversaries to you both!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Awww, you guys look so good in your picture! Congratulations on 3 years. Enjoy your pretty bracelet!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
You guys look happy
9.gif

Congratulations on your anniversary, it always kind of shocks me bc they seem to come quickly....

I love your bangle, it is definately sparkle but not gaudy. Something that can be worn tastefully with jeans or with a nice dress...good choice!
My only question is, what will you get for Portia to match??
31.gif
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww thanks everyone!! i love this thing...i wore it tonite to mother''s day dinner. i could practically see my dad''s thought bubble going ''damn greg, you''re making the rest of us look bad!!''...hehee.

lol re: the brainwashing tapes while he sleeps...what an idea!! i wonder if it would work hmmmm.
31.gif
i have to say i was surprised too at how eager my darling hubby was to buy a sparkly for me...i seriously think after they have to go through the big upgrade at year 2 that anything after that seems like a bargain? haha. maybe that''s the trick?!?! have i discovered it?!

anyway, couldn''t leave PS''ers hanging without some of my typical bauble flower shots...and the garden is blooming right now, so today i snapped a few...here are my favorites!! the bangle is not as easy to stage as the rings are hehehe...but i think i got a few good ones.

new anni bangle 07 a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results