shape
carat
color
clarity

The TRR Rescue Thread: Show your treasures!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Inspired by the Costco Finds thread, this thread is devoted to the jewelry we've successfully rescued from TRR. As we discuss our successful rehomes, please share the listing vs reality (if you have it!) and any commentary on the buying experience that's helpful for us all to learn. We've seen some whacky listings, so I'm excited to see what pieces look like in real life!

A few notes:
1) Please move any comments about selling to this thread: Selling on TRR - there's so much to get into.
2) Discussion and chat for items on TRR that have not yet been purchased // are available should go on the Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece thread
3) If you found a TRR item that was sold to an instagram/etsy seller and being resold with a markup (common practice), let's only chat about it if it's interesting. Like, it was misrepresented originally / it's way more beautiful in real life / it's a unique piece that got away, etc.
4) Please try to refer to TRR as TRR. Since we're talking about deals/finds/tips for using the site, let's not make it easier for instagram sellers to grab deals and flip them. Using the full name gets it picked up by search engines more easily (although I did refer to it by its proper name in the seller thread so that's more visible to everyone).

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I'll get us started with one of my favorite finds, my "obsidian" bracelet. :lol: Also note the I1, I2, I3 clarity grade.

Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 6.35.25 AM.png

Here's the appraisal - G, VS2!

Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 6.37.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 6.38.32 AM.png

It's absolutely gorgeous in real life - most people think it's fake because it's so white and sparkly!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only purchased one piece of jewelry from them. This platinum Tiffany band. Website photo made it look pretty dull and grubby.
Screenshot 2024-05-12 110452.png

Here's how it arrived looking better than the photo.

IMG_7378.jpg

I think it's agreed that their photos are generally pretty bad.
Thank so @Mreader for finding this one!

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I've only purchased one piece of jewelry from them. This platinum Tiffany band. Website photo made it look pretty dull and grubby.
Screenshot 2024-05-12 110452.png

Here's how it arrived looking better than the photo.

IMG_7378.jpg

I think it's agreed that their photos are generally pretty bad.

I need cred @Lookinagain ! lol! Also this was a bargain at just under $300 when they retail for so much more :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need cred @Lookinagain ! lol! Also this was a bargain at just under $300 when they retail for so much more :)

Done! Maybe if someone posts something here that they found their piece through the Somebody Needs to Buy this thread, we should all remember to give them credit. Should we post the price as well?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
For me this bracelet which was about $500 and I LOVE. 12g 14k so scrap price. Ugly TRR pic vs my pic. I saw identical bracelet for over $1000 on an antique website. The stones were diamonds, not rubies but still. There is one stone missing, but it’s way more obvious in the ugly photograph than IRL.

IMG_0609.jpeg IMG_0610.jpeg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Done! Maybe if someone posts something here that they found their piece through the Somebody Needs to Buy this thread, we should all remember to give them credit. Should we post the price as well?

I think we just let peeps decide if they want to reveal the price though I always want to know :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me this bracelet which was about $500 and I LOVE. 12g 14k so scrap price. Ugly TRR pic vs my pic. I saw identical bracelet for over $1000 on an antique website. The stones were diamonds, not rubies but still. There is one stone missing, but it’s way more obvious in the ugly photograph than IRL.

IMG_0609.jpeg IMG_0610.jpeg

great score. reminds me of Buccelati…

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @oldcutclubmember - I feel like her score got people really into looking at TRR more.

Thanks for the tag @Mreader !!

Here is my thread on Amelia, and thank you again to @lala646 for posting it!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I can play :wavey: I got my Vhernier cuffs from TRR, although I shopped directly with the store and I had already tried them on so knew what I was getting.

IMG_2003.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh I can play :wavey: I got my Vhernier cuffs from TRR, although I shopped directly with the store and I had already tried them on so knew what I was getting.

IMG_2003.jpeg

I daydream of being able to shop directly at the store. There’s so many things I would just love to see in person.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4) Please try to refer to TRR as TRR. Since we're talking about deals/finds/tips for using the site, let's not make it easier for instagram sellers to grab deals and flip them. Using the full name gets it picked up by search engines more easily (although I did refer to it by its proper name in the seller thread so that's more visible to everyone).

**edited at request of OP**

I think this is why she wants just the initials used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 Yes, @Lookinagain is right. If the Mods want to change it to the retailer name that's fine, I was just hoping to avoid using it so that this thread isn't picked up as much by search engines. I know instagram sellers have to make a living and TRR is a popular flipping source for antique jewels. I just don't want to make it easier for them to find these deals instead of PS'ers who are buying for personal use and not profit. I did make the selling thread with the full name so that would be easier to find, since I think selling vs buying is a whole can of worms.

And yes, I'll share my Erika Winters find!! I need to take some beauty shots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I didnt notice that. I just saw this thread and thought was is TRR? I had to go google because it did not pop into my mind
what it stood for. I will ask admin to delete my other post.

Edit... @Lookinagain you might ask admin to delete your thread too since its got my quote in it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@tyty333 Yes, @Lookinagain is right. If the Mods want to change it to the retailer name that's fine, I was just hoping to avoid using it so that this thread isn't picked up as much by search engines. I know instagram sellers have to make a living and TRR is a popular flipping source for antique jewels. I just don't want to make it easier for them to find these deals instead of PS'ers who are buying for personal use and not profit. I did make the selling thread with the full name so that would be easier to find, since I think selling vs buying is a whole can of worms.

And yes, I'll share my Erika Winters find!! I need to take some beauty shots!

understood =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results