shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ring do you covet most on Pricescope????

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Valmanin; infact You are twice in this list :D . Your beauty is on my top 2 list (link posted a couple of days ago) :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashleigh|1382011755|3539389 said:
backwardsandinheels|1381497278|3535798 said:
Sigh. From Dreamer and Demelza's GTG Part Deux.
Sorry for the threadjacl. But what stone is that in the centre? OEC? Tranny? Thank you.

ETA: Photo wouldn't load. I think the stone i'm referring to is Demelza's old cut. But what cut is that? Thanks.

Demelza's diamond is a European Cut, just not an old one ;)) It is very symmetrical and shows clear arrows, but has other features of an OEC. Some might call it a transitional, but I think it looks more like an OEC in person.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1382022326|3539487 said:
Valmanin; infact You are twice in this list :D . Your beauty is on my top 2 list (link posted a couple of days ago) :wavey:

Awww...sorry I didn't see that. Thanks, confection! :twirl: That is so flattering! It is making it hard on me to do a new setting though.. :lol: !

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1382026365|3539534 said:
Ashleigh|1382011755|3539389 said:
backwardsandinheels|1381497278|3535798 said:
Sigh. From Dreamer and Demelza's GTG Part Deux.
Sorry for the threadjacl. But what stone is that in the centre? OEC? Tranny? Thank you.

ETA: Photo wouldn't load. I think the stone i'm referring to is Demelza's old cut. But what cut is that? Thanks.

Demelza's diamond is a European Cut, just not an old one ;)) It is very symmetrical and shows clear arrows, but has other features of an OEC. Some might call it a transitional, but I think it looks more like an OEC in person.

DD, thanks for your response. I can't place her stone as tranny, to me, is like yours. OEC usually shows flower and not arrows, hence my confusion. Do you know where I can find her diamond specs? I like her faceting very much. DD, do you mind sharing your specs? I also like your faceting. Thank you.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love ts44's Beverly K plain shank.

beverly_k_plain_shank_halo.jpg

Etoile1688

Rough_Rock

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this thread as there a few beauties I missed.

There's no way I could pick just one but PS members really do have the best bling I've ever seen.

sunshine0808

Rough_Rock
The sun is shining said:
yssie_5_stone.jpg
I am in love with the profile!

Whoa that is gorgeous!! I agree, the profile is stunning. This is probably my dream RHR!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I like many rings on PS and many of these have already been mentioned. I'll mention a few of the lovelies that I saved in my inspiration folder from yesteryears.

Love this but no idea to whom it belongs.

Might be one of the first unplate WG I see on PS. I only remember she was an author.

No idea to whom it belongs but SS made the setting.

I only know the center one belongs to LTP, no idea who owns the top and bottom one. If I had to venture a guess, I'd think the bottom one belongs to Kenny since there aren't many tension set asscher around.

bezel_6.jpg

bezel_19.jpg

asscher_7.jpg

bezel_ss.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashleigh|1382028569|3539558 said:
DD, thanks for your response. I can't place her stone as tranny, to me, is like yours. OEC usually shows flower and not arrows, hence my confusion. Do you know where I can find her diamond specs? I like her faceting very much. DD, do you mind sharing your specs? I also like your faceting. Thank you.

Since your questions are about coveting Dem's diamond, I'll answer them here :)) But there is more information in our threads about our diamonds if you look.

Our diamonds have similar proportions. Mine is 1.89ct and 8mm and hers is about 2.5ct and 8.8mm I believe. Hers is a J VS1 and mine a K Si1. Both have tables in the 48-50% range, both have depths in the 60% range. Her stone has a slightly lower crown and bigger table than mine which shortens the kite facets on her stone a little compared to mine, and her diamond has slightly shorter lower halves than mine which creates a bit more of a fatter arrow pattern in hers, more flowery, and a thinner arrow pattern in mine. In macro photos our diamonds look quite different. In person in real life, we both agree they are almost twins (as far as old cuts go). I have seen a few stones offered for sale with cuts like ours, but not many. I suspect it is one of the more rare varieties of old cut, just like really early OMC are quite rare. I wager that diamonds with cuts like ours are rare partly because a) it takes a very skilled cutter to create such a symmetrical cut that produces such obvious arrows, and few people would have been able to manage that before modern technology; and b) many of this variety would have been recut into MRBs because such a recut would not result in much loss of weight, given how similar the overall proportions of our cuts are to MRBs.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1382206669|3540722 said:
Since your questions are about coveting Dem's diamond, I'll answer them here :)) But there is more information in our threads about our diamonds if you look.

Our diamonds have similar proportions. Mine is 1.89ct and 8mm and hers is about 2.5ct and 8.8mm I believe. Hers is a J VS1 and mine a K Si1. Both have tables in the 48-50% range, both have depths in the 60% range. Her stone has a slightly lower crown and bigger table than mine which shortens the kite facets on her stone a little compared to mine, and her diamond has slightly shorter lower halves than mine which creates a bit more of a fatter arrow pattern in hers, more flowery, and a thinner arrow pattern in mine. In macro photos our diamonds look quite different. In person in real life, we both agree they are almost twins (as far as old cuts go). I have seen a few stones offered for sale with cuts like ours, but not many. I suspect it is one of the more rare varieties of old cut, just like really early OMC are quite rare. I wager that diamonds with cuts like ours are rare partly because a) it takes a very skilled cutter to create such a symmetrical cut that produces such obvious arrows, and few people would have been able to manage that before modern technology; and b) many of this variety would have been recut into MRBs because such a recut would not result in much loss of weight, given how similar the overall proportions of our cuts are to MRBs.

Dreamer, thanks for the reply, especially the comparison between the 2 diamonds. It has been helpful though I've no idea if I can put this knowledge to good use since I haven't come across any like both of yours for sale. I won't thread jack anymore and will look for your threads instead.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashleigh|1382204885|3540710 said:
I like many rings on PS and many of these have already been mentioned. I'll mention a few of the lovelies that I saved in my inspiration folder from yesteryears.

I only know the center one belongs to LTP, no idea who owns the top and bottom one. If I had to venture a guess, I'd think the bottom one belongs to Kenny since there aren't many tension set asscher around.

I believe the bottom is Kenny, middle LTP and top is... urg, its on the tip of my tongue. Blue-something...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashleigh|1382207513|3540726 said:
Dreamer_D|1382206669|3540722 said:

Dreamer, thanks for the reply, especially the comparison between the 2 diamonds. It has been helpful though I've no idea if I can put this knowledge to good use since I haven't come across any like both of yours for sale. I won't thread jack anymore and will look for your threads instead.

JBEG actually have 2-3 stones right now with similar cuts. They look different loose so its hard to spot them if you don't know what to look for. If you start a thread in Rocky Talky I can tell you more or point them out for you.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww dangit Stepcutgirl! I'd forgotten about Coati's JM...and Uppy's JM three stone that someone else has now. ARGH. So..three rings for me.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
There are so many beautiful rings to love on Pricescope. I really love LALove's (40 point) and Kimber's (5.67 ct) big IDJ eternities. Also, these had me at Hello -- PreCiouSJeWeL's GOG 3 ct round solitaire with 10 point WF eternity, Joxxelyn's gold Tacori 2299 with GOG AVC OEC 1.18 M VVS2, Bliss' IDJ 3.98 RB in Vatche U113 transformer, Ponyo's 3 stone with pears, and Cellentani's set.

_232.png

_233.png

_11143.jpg

_11144.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results