shape
carat
color
clarity

Is yellow gold popularity coming back ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your rose gold band :) BEAUTIFUL!!! You are a trend setter
emteeth.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I love yellow gold, but particularly the high carat yellow gold. It is so, so rich. I would love to have a 24 karat ring, just the gold without any gemstones.

I really like the white metals, too, though. I think so much depends on what gemstones are being used, the art period, etc. I can''t imagine all the Egyptian jewelry in white metals. Nor can I imagine all the art deco in yellow gold. KWIM?

But anyway, I don''t understand all the contention that metal color is causing! I can''t imagine throwing a fit because I had to wear either color -- if it''s pretty and sparkles, let me at it!
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:58:09 AM
Author: monarch64
I just HAD to.
9.gif
35.gif

No, where''s the chocolate? I want chocolate pie! I won''t eat lemon, it''s icky, I want CHOCOLATE!!!!

(Okay, where''s the kid throwing a tantrum on the floor icon???)

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
could someone please explain the references to lemon pie???
emcrook.gif
I''ve read them before and am confused!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
lol I dont know why but this thread is giving me the giggles
4.gif

Anyhow I dont know that either metal has ever really been OMGIHAVETOHAVEITCOSMOSAYS....blah blah blah I mean when your following a mindless trend your really not doing much of anything.

When I worked at Kays we have a very large korean population and they despise white metals. I mean they would put down anything in the store that had white metal and tell my boss (a korean) how awful it was to have to sell white metal in a ''upscale'' store.

Thats conviction
2.gif

Carly signing off to say wear whatever the heck you want because someone will always hate what your wearing and someone will always love it so please yourself.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 2:57:46 PM
Author: Officers girl

Carly signing off to say wear whatever the heck you want because someone will always hate what your wearing and someone will always love it so please yourself.
Carly, you are a wise, wise woman!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ya know, platinum and white gold have grown on me, but I still just love yellow gold. One of my friends at work got engaged and married within the last year. She has the simplest set -- thin four-prong round diamond, maybe half a carat, and thin plain band -- and I am always staring at it. It's funny that it appeals to me so much since I made such a stink about replacing my plain band with a diamond band. My other friend at work has a princess cut in platinum and a diamond band, and it doesn't appeal to me at all.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 2:26:43 PM
Author: diamondsrock
could someone please explain the references to lemon pie???
emcrook.gif
I''ve read them before and am confused!
Did I miss my serving of lemon pie? I hate when that happen.

Diamondsrock, I haven''t read thru the thread yet, but it''s an inside joke where we serve up lemon pie (and sometimes tea), when the ''debating'' gets a little out of control.
37.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 1:36:25 PM
Author: lumpkin
Date: 1/25/2007 2:58:09 AM

I just HAD to.
9.gif
35.gif

No, where''s the chocolate? I want chocolate pie! I won''t eat lemon, it''s icky, I want CHOCOLATE!!!!

I want CHOCOLATE too, but I''m afraid that everyone else will think it''s tacky and out of date. Waaah!

Diamondsrock - Link to original lemon pie thread. Look at the later pages.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 7:41:17 AM
Author: AdaBeta27
I hate to say it, but here in Hicksville, the white metals are just starting to appear in local stores. My pave'' halo and collar rings are very exotic and just not ever seen here.

Which reminds me: I need an insert for this diamond & YG piece. It''s huge. The area with diamonds is 1'' top to bottom and 3/4'' across. Plus, it has height, maybe 1/8'' off the finger. Thus, whatever band drops in there will have to be built up to bring it up to the same level as the top of the guard. Center stone will need to be 7mm to 8mm to stand up to this thing. Any ideas for how old this is, and what style of ring might have been used in there originally?
Not sure how old it is, maybe ''80''s? But, it''s a ring guard for a marquis. You can see the tips for the marquis on the top and bottom.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I don''t feel welcome on this board at all. I feel attacked, mocked, and insulted. Say whatever you want about my "offensive" and "immature" comments and opinions, but I NEVER personally demeaned anyone, and I did NOT deserve that kind of treatment in retribution. IMO, that''s what''s truly immature and offensive.

Buh bye.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Colorkitty come back
7.gif
We all like different things. Your white gold and platinum loves are you and that is all that matters. I love both and wanted to see if I should be looking that way again or not..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hang in there. This board is very fun and all of the people are honestly VERY VERY supportive and nice :) I have been slammed a couple of times too. I went through a period where I was changing my mind daily and got knuckled by a couple of people but they didn''t know me or my reasons sooooooo I just went on about my business till I found what I loved. HANG IN THERE :)

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:05:36 AM
Author: woobug02
Colorkitty come back
7.gif
We all like different things. Your white gold and platinum loves are you and that is all that matters. I love both and wanted to see if I should be looking that way again or not..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hang in there. This board is very fun and all of the people are honestly VERY VERY supportive and nice :) I have been slammed a couple of times too. I went through a period where I was changing my mind daily and got knuckled by a couple of people but they didn't know me or my reasons sooooooo I just went on about my business till I found what I loved. HANG IN THERE :)

We do all love different things. That's not what I'm upset about, of course. It's that I stated an opinion, admittedly poorly, apologized for it, and that opinion is now apparently being seen as perfectly okay justification to insult me on a personal level. If someone can rationalize that behavior that's fine. I'm just not meant for internet boards, maybe :). And you're right that most people here are very helpful and super nice :).

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo, I totally understand. Like I said before, I have been smacked on the board for changing my mind (hehehehe).... Anyone who really knows me knows I have lots and lots of jewelry and lots of different looks I love. I just couldn''t get happy with my wedding set because I was trying to do it kinda cheap but girl in the end I got EXACTLY what I want from my hubby..wooooooooooooooooooooo and now I am so happy I just smile all the time :) WOOOOOOO you were very sweet :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 10:19:34 AM
Author: colorkitty
We do all love different things. That''s not what I''m upset about, of course. It''s that I stated an opinion, admittedly poorly, apologized for it, and that opinion is now apparently being seen as perfectly okay justification to insult me on a personal level. If someone can rationalize that behavior that''s fine. I''m just not meant for internet boards, maybe :). And you''re right that most people here are very helpful and super nice :).
Exactly WHAT was an insult on a personal level, CK? The implication that you might grow out of your insecurity over trends?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Colorkitty, you were treated a bit harshly. I think you should stick around though. I think you have gotten your feelings hurt by one person on the board who got upset by something you wrote and it''s gone back and forth too far. There are a lot of people on the board, lots of diversity, and many opinions and personalities. Ignore posts that ruffle your feathers and focus on the opinions and members you click with. Don''t take it personally if someone else doesn''t share your taste or preferences. By the same token, take care with how emphaticly you state your dislikes so that others won''t be hurt. This is pretty much a place where you get what you give, IMO.

Woo, I''ve changed my ring several times, too, and I''m sure some people have thought I am indecisive and flighty or something else (I''ve certainly thought it myself). Fortunately, no one has called me out on it in a way that made me uncomfortable or bad, and I''m grateful for that. I''m glad you''ve stuck around.
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lumpkin :) You are sweet. I love your new setting because it is two toned :) You have the best of both worlds. Plus your wedding band would go great with my set.....hhehehehehehe
face20.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 1:14:19 PM
I think you should stick around though.
I think you should too. I have no hard feelings against you OR your dislike for yellow gold ;-)

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 1:45:27 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I think you should too. I have no hard feelings against you OR your dislike for yellow gold ;-)

9.gif
No hard feelings, here, either. I disagreed with some of your points, and you express them in a stronger manner than I'm accustomed to, but you didn't offend me or upset me at all.

It was the mock fits over the pies I thought had little taste (pun not intended). I'm over it. I hate pie, though. Can we get some ice cream next time? Mint chocolate chip? Cookie dough?

It was stupid of me to get involved in the thread in the first place. I'm more of a bead bracelet kind of girl, anyway. Who knows, maybe increased demand of other metals will decrease price of platinum, and I can afford to reset my e-ring sooner!

edited to improve sentence structure

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
To answer the orginial question... I have an aunt who is a model (still, even in her 50''s she models though for different audience) and lives and breathes ''high fashion''... last time she was visiting she bought red shoes and a red cashmere sweater even though SHE hates red because ''red is in''....

As a result of this exposure to her and the whims of fashion... I''m probably more pragmatic than most. I''ve never stopped wearing my two tone crystal pave pendant from swarovski-- that everyone thinks is real-- though I switched from a YG chain to a platinum chain. I have a LOT of high carat gold... 22K from the middle east, some of it just gold, some of it with semi precious and precious gems, and some of it enameled. I''ve never stopped wearing it and everyone is always STUNNED at how beautiful the pieces are (they are QUITE stunning. I will post them when I get around to pulling them and all my jewelry from the safe deposit box they were put in when I started the move). I do prefer white gold for MY e-ring but that''s because, even when YG was IT, I loved vintage/antique white gold and platinum peices. I''ve wanted a WG and jet set ever since I was a child in the eighties. But at the same time I ADORE high carat enameled YG.

I do agree about the way YG makes diamonds pop... I was actually sorry to see my mother change her setting from YG with Platinumhead to all WG and pave.... And one of the things I like about my asscher is that against pave it still stands out. If it were for the fact that with a vintage cut stone (asscher) I REALLY want a more vintage style setting... honestly, I''d seriously consider two tone.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
yea back on topic :) Woo I agree that I too have always loved the look of the vintage wedding set. When I upgraded I went modern vintage (if there is such a thing) wooooooooooooooooooooooooo I agree Two tone is sooo great :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 2:36:00 PM
Author: colorkitty

Date: 1/26/2007 1:45:27 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

9.gif
No hard feelings, here, either. I disagreed with some of your points, and you express them in a stronger manner than I''m accustomed to, but you didn''t offend me or upset me at all.

It was the mock fits over the pies I thought had little taste (pun not intended). I''m over it. I hate pie, though. Can we get some ice cream next time? Mint chocolate chip? Cookie dough?

It was stupid of me to get involved in the thread in the first place. I''m more of a bead bracelet kind of girl, anyway. Who knows, maybe increased demand of other metals will decrease price of platinum, and I can afford to reset my e-ring sooner!

edited to improve sentence structure
did you read the thread harriet posted - where kenny got a few girls riled up and there was a pie fest? It''s actually meant as a peace making thing - not making light of how anyone feels. On another forum I post on (totally unrelated) this one poster would always start talking about wearing fishnet stockings whenever the tension started to break so everyone would talk about bringing out the fishnets - and from there of course it would get into whips and stilletos and.... well... like I said that was another forum ;-) Here people eat lemon pie LOL But if you don''t like yellow (hahaha) maybe you''d prefer coconut? hehe

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 4:21:43 PM
Author: woobug02
yea back on topic :) Woo I agree that I too have always loved the look of the vintage wedding set. When I upgraded I went modern vintage (if there is such a thing) wooooooooooooooooooooooooo I agree Two tone is sooo great :)
I never liked two tone... I always thought it was like someone couldn''t make up their mind and now I''m leaning toward it because I can''t make up my mind ROFL!!! I traded in my gold(tone) watch for a two tone watch.... having my ring done in white gold and having one of my gold bracelets rhod plated (I think) and keeping the other gold... and of course my wedding band is yellow gold...

There''s this little thought in my head that my ring would be fun to make in rose gold but I don''t think I can commit to that fully LOL I''m a little too matchy for that and I''ve yet to see a rose gold COLORED watch that wasn''t several thousand dollars LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra, thanks for bringing up the story behind the pie! I WAS totally playing peacemaker by bringing it up in the first place, Colorkitty...I hope you didn''t take my posts as being directed at you personally. I just wanted to poke some fun at the whole debate that was going on. Next time you see a thread getting heated, you can be the server of the pie now that you''re in on it, see?
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 4:56:56 PM
Cehra, thanks for bringing up the story behind the pie! I WAS totally playing peacemaker by bringing it up in the first place, Colorkitty...I hope you didn''t take my posts as being directed at you personally. I just wanted to poke some fun at the whole debate that was going on. Next time you see a thread getting heated, you can be the server of the pie now that you''re in on it, see?
9.gif
no crow pie please!!!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock

I want CHOCOLATE too, but I''m afraid that everyone else will think it''s tacky and out of date. Waaah!

Those weren''t peace offerings. Totally over it, but I didn''t want those who genuinely offered pies to think I was talking about them!

Okay, that''s all. I''m taking a jewelry break for a few months! I''ve thought a lot about diamonds for the past few months, and I''m just kind of bored with it, KWIM? I don''t know if other people have this problem, but I can only stay enthusiastic about something for so long, esp. when it''s a product.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think you are being too sensitive and are seeing digs where there are none intended. I'm sorry if my post offended you -- I thought it was pretty funny, but....

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhhhhh, lemon pie, anyone??????????
9.gif

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Hey, I''ll say that I am hoping and HOPING yellow gold comes back in...because I loathe it on ME! Just rotten on my skin tone, although rose gold is bearable.

And because it looks so bad on me I do have a harder time appreciating its beauty; that''s quite silly of me but there ya go.

So come on back around, YG -- and hopefully a fair number of people will decide to swap out their white metals. I''ll be the one waiting like a vulture to snap up secondhand WG/plat pieces.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 5:17:56 PM
I think you are being too sensitive and are seeing digs where there are none intended. I''m sorry if my post offended you -- I thought it was pretty funny, but....

Anyway, I''m done with this.
maybe she thought you were saying that she was throwing a tantrum? ''cause I could see plain as day that the chocoholic in you was acting like a 2 year old!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results