shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks PattyCo, I will check that out. I read that in general chemical exfoliation is more gentle than a physical one like a face peel but let me read what you shared and see if it might work for me. Thank you.

Hi momhappy, thanks. I don't like to wear much makeup and like to go without any much of the time though my skin is far from good recently. I miss the days of my flawless complexion. I wear Dermablend Cover Creme when necessary and that is OK for my hyper sensitive skin. I will check out the ingredients in your product recommendation thanks. I know pores cannot be changed to go smaller but what's upsetting is I used to have no visible pores and as the inflammation on my face progressed they are now so visible so I guess I hold out the very remote hope that they will go back to what they used to be? Oh well another new normal for me I guess.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking the milk and gelatin would be more gentle then something with chemicals, and less trauma then a device of some sort. I do hope it works for you, Missy. :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share about an amazing and inexpensive hair product that I found. I have very frizzy, floppy hair which needs root lift and smoothing. I was fed up with using an expensive blow-dry spray - $25 for 100ml, which didn't last long. I know it doesn't sound like much but it is when on top of other beauty products, and the fact that the small amount was soon used up.

I then tried a number of inexpensive ones and none worked. Garnier Root Amp was particularly bad. I couldn't get the brush through my hair so had to tug a lot and ended up going to the hairdresser to get a couple of inches off as it tore my hair so badly. Never, ever use that stuff!

And then I found a blow-dry spray by Suave - a humble brand! It's named Suave Weightless Blow Dry Spray, costs about five bucks for 150ml, and works like a charm! My roots are lifted and yet the brush goes through fine, my hair is volumized and separated instead of one big poodle cloud, so you can see the actual cut, and the style stays for a couple of days instead of one day. And it's so inexpensive! I'd really recommend it. The spray action on the bottle isn't the best but seemed to get better with some use, so bear with it if you try this product.

http://www.suave.com/product/detail/909806/luxe-style-infusion-volumizing-weightless-blow-dry-spray

When I clicked on the above, I saw it had an Allure award, and you may laugh but I've found products which get that award really do work well. No surprise that this product has one!

I also tried Aveda's volumizing spray which is very expensive, and no joke - this cheapie is much better.

Anyway, just wanted to share about a product that works, since I had such trouble finding an inexpensive blow-dry spray that does what it's supposed to. :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also find Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk to be excellent. I smooth it over wet hair after washing it but before brushing, to make it easier to de-tangle after the shower. I avoid the roots. Then I use the Suave spray over the surface of my hair and also at the roots. I have very difficult hair and these two work for me. In addition, I use a moisturizing conditioner in the shower by Aussie.

As you can see, my hair requires a lot of taming! For anyone with the same problem, these three products are very inexpensive and they do the job.

I have to wash my hair every other day and unless I style it, it looks dreadful, so I can only imagine how much it would cost to use the expensive brands.

This is the Garnier product: http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/sleek-and-shine/smoothing-and-shine/sleek-and-shine-anti-humidity-smoothing-milk.aspx

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have been super duper into a lot of Korean brands for skin care and make up recently. Etude House, Holika Holika, 3ce, A'Pieu, BHA and more.

I have really bad combination skin and for the longest time nothing worked. I tried everything from prescription brand cleansers and moisturizers, to prestigious brands Like La Mer and more. NOTHING HELPED! UGH, so I gave some New stuff I picked up at shop a try and its been amazing! Now I am hooked!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1458223919|4006718 said:
I have been super duper into a lot of Korean brands for skin care and make up recently. Etude House, Holika Holika, 3ce, A'Pieu, BHA and more.

I have really bad combination skin and for the longest time nothing worked. I tried everything from prescription brand cleansers and moisturizers, to prestigious brands Like La Mer and more. NOTHING HELPED! UGH, so I gave some New stuff I picked up at shop a try and its been amazing! Now I am hooked!

I was just about to post an update about Korean skin care myself. I started it 2 days ago and the results are obvious the very next day. I don't do the full 10 steps but have most of them - double cleaning, toner which isn't meant to clean or dry the skin, essence, serum(s), eye care, and finish with a cream. My hyper pigmentation seem to not be as prominent, and my skin is dewy and plump all day long. I was very skeptical of layering so much stuff on my face but it seems to work well. Most of all, patting the product on, rather than rubbing it in, seems to allow the product to soak into the skin better.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1458231920|4006803 said:

I was just about to post an update about Korean skin care myself. I started it 2 days ago and the results are obvious the very next day. I don't do the full 10 steps but have most of them - double cleaning, toner which isn't meant to clean or dry the skin, essence, serum(s), eye care, and finish with a cream. My hyper pigmentation seem to not be as prominent, and my skin is dewy and plump all day long. I was very skeptical of layering so much stuff on my face but it seems to work well. Most of all, patting the product on, rather than rubbing it in, seems to allow the product to soak into the skin better.

Ooh what are you guys using as your cleanser and moisturizer. I have dry sensitive skin and so does DH.

Also wanted to let everyone know I am using Grande Lash and Viviscal - will report when I can see if either one works (Grande Lash I should start seeing results in about another 3 weeks, Viviscal 3 months).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ,
Here's the history of my skin care - never needed to slap anything on my face (no cleanser, toner, nor lotion) until I ruined it with Retinol because "everyone" said it's a really great product. My skin showed signs of burn damage and never ever recovered from it, becoming so dry that it looks wrinkly from the dryness.

Tried:
Wilma Schumman - my skin still showed signs of stress, with the occasional breakout but the cystic acne stopped
Murad - seemed more drying that the Wilma Schumann sensitive skin line
Garden of Wisdom - best product thus far, but the skin still shows signs of stress. No breakouts.
LaRosche - Very gentle but not hydrating enough. No breakouts.

Then the Korean skin care stepped in when I visited a H-Mart with a Missha store close by.
Step 1 - Banilca Co Clean It Zero
Step 2 - Neogen Green Tea Fresh Foam Cleanser
Step 3 - Exfoliate (none right now, but am waiting on the Skin Food Black Sugar Mask, which is weekly)
Step 4 - Son & Park Beauty Water
Step 5 - Missha Time Revolution 1st Treatment Essense
Step 6 - Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule
Step 7 - Mask (none right now, but this is done weekly)
Step 8 - Garden of Wisdom (non-Korean) Beautiful Eyes Serum
Step 9 - Missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion
Step 10 - Missha Near Skin Repairing Snail Cream

So the daily night routine is Step 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 = 8 steps
For the day time, it is Step 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, followed by sunscreen = 6 steps + sunscreen

It sounds like a lot but it takes no more than 5 minutes tops. I don't wear foundation nor makeup.

The double cleansing sounds crazy but it works. My skin feels clean but not tight. Next up, are the toner and essense, which instead of stripping the skin, add moisture to the skin and allows the serum and moisturizer to work better. When I skip this step, the lotion and creams do not seem to work as well.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Here is my regime morning and Night routine. At first it seemed like a lot but after doing it for a week or so the time goes by pretty fast. This is only a very basic routine and I have a few more products coming to add to it.

1 Cleanser -Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam from Innisfree. I lather this on and then very gently use a pore brush to lather the last bit. (i use this twice)
2 Toner -Aloe BHA Skin Toner by Benton
3 Essence -BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by Cosrx - I use this generously around my nose, forehead cheek, and bottom of my chin
4 Mask -(I only do this twice a week. Either a sheet mask, Lindsay makes an AMAZING Pull away charcoal mask, or the Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask by Elizavecca
5 Hydration Cream (non korean. I am using a deluxe sample and once I am done I will probably get a korean brand)- Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum by First Aid Beauty
6 Another Serum -Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster by Ole Henrikson, this is another non Korean brand and I do like the results of it, however it makes my face EXTREMELY red right after application and it stays red for 15 minutes, so I don't think I will be rebuying. I am looking for a another serum that has vitamin C thats a bit gentler. I think Etude House or Innisfree has one.
7 Moisturizer - Currently Oil of Olay Anto Aging with spf 30. I am almost out and will probably get a Korean brand as well since all the other brands I have gotten have been awful. This one is bad too. I mean it moisturizes but its so thick and greasy. I only keep using it for the SPF
OK if it is the morning I will use a BB cream primer and do make up and skip this last set
8 Night Cream - Currently I am using Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream by Tatcha. Its a Japanese brand, and they have amazing products, however they get a bit pricey. I might look for something else from Korea to see if it compares, if not I will get this again.

Its weird, when I first learned about products with Snail Secretion Filtrate I was kinda weirded out. but OMG that stuff is amazing! So if I try any new products I generally look for good hydration, Vitamin C, snail stuff, and Aloe Vera.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1458233785|4006834 said:
CJ,
Here's the history of my skin care - never needed to slap anything on my face (no cleanser, toner, nor lotion) until I ruined it with Retinol because "everyone" said it's a really great product. My skin showed signs of burn damage and never ever recovered from it, becoming so dry that it looks wrinkly from the dryness.

Tried:
Wilma Schumman - my skin still showed signs of stress, with the occasional breakout but the cystic acne stopped
Murad - seemed more drying that the Wilma Schumann sensitive skin line
Garden of Wisdom - best product thus far, but the skin still shows signs of stress. No breakouts.
LaRosche - Very gentle but not hydrating enough. No breakouts.

Then the Korean skin care stepped in when I visited a H-Mart with a Missha store close by.
Step 1 - Banilca Co Clean It Zero
Step 2 - Neogen Green Tea Fresh Foam Cleanser
Step 3 - Exfoliate (none right now, but am waiting on the Skin Food Black Sugar Mask, which is weekly)
Step 4 - Son & Park Beauty Water
Step 5 - Missha Time Revolution 1st Treatment Essense
Step 6 - Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule
Step 7 - Mask (none right now, but this is done weekly)
Step 8 - Garden of Wisdom (non-Korean) Beautiful Eyes Serum
Step 9 - Missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion
Step 10 - Missha Near Skin Repairing Snail Cream

So the daily night routine is Step 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10 = 8 steps
For the day time, it is Step 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, followed by sunscreen = 6 steps + sunscreen

It sounds like a lot but it takes no more than 5 minutes tops. I don't wear foundation nor makeup.

The double cleansing sounds crazy but it works. My skin feels clean but not tight. Next up, are the toner and essense, which instead of stripping the skin, add moisture to the skin and allows the serum and moisturizer to work better. When I skip this step, the lotion and creams do not seem to work as well.

I use to use Murad, and it was ok, but the results weren't the best. I used La Mer and the results were better not nearly worth the price for me.

How is Banilica Co? I have heard about their brand and have wanted to try it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh I forgot to add my eye cream which is Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream by Etude house. I use this after my serums

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
A while back there was a thread about hair/hair growth and since I have been dealing with some breakage lately, I decided to give Viviscal a try since it was recommended in that thread. After 3 months of use I would like to add it to the list of beauty products I am loving. It's working! My hair is growing and it's in so much better shape overall. I plan to continue with it for at least another month or so. I also just started drinking a high quality protein supplement called Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin (100% pure collagen). I mix it with a cup of green tea. It's supposed to be excellent for promoting youthful skin, hair & nails (among other health benefits). I'll update if I notice any results (positive or negative).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1458251999|4006992 said:
A while back there was a thread about hair/hair growth and since I have been dealing with some breakage lately, I decided to give Viviscal a try since it was recommended in that thread. After 3 months of use I would like to add it to the list of beauty products I am loving. It's working! My hair is growing and it's in so much better shape overall. I plan to continue with it for at least another month or so. I also just started drinking a high quality protein supplement called Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin (100% pure collagen). I mix it with a cup of green tea. It's supposed to be excellent for promoting youthful skin, hair & nails (among other health benefits). I'll update if I notice any results (positive or negative).
Viviscal (etc) definitely require some time before you see results. I used that one for a while before I switched to the "It Works Hair, Skin Nails" ones. Nearly everyone I know is involved in that racket so it was pretty easy to get a jar to try. I like it better than the Viviscal, and it's cheaper, but in terms of ease in obtaining, Viviscal is way easier to get since you can get it at Walgreens and stuff, plus no hassle of dealing with a multi-level marketing scheme.

Either way, there's definitely something to their blends of vitamins and minerals.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1458232161|4006807 said:

Ooh what are you guys using as your cleanser and moisturizer. I have dry sensitive skin and so does DH.

Also wanted to let everyone know I am using Grande Lash and Viviscal - will report when I can see if either one works (Grande Lash I should start seeing results in about another 3 weeks, Viviscal 3 months).
My dermatologist mentioned GrandeLash today. I usually use Latisse, and they said a lot of people are switching over to that one. I still have a ton of Latisse left so I might try that later. The downside for me of the GrandeLash is that the brush is IN the vial, so if you get pinkeye, the vial is toast.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1458251999|4006992 said:
A while back there was a thread about hair/hair growth and since I have been dealing with some breakage lately, I decided to give Viviscal a try since it was recommended in that thread. After 3 months of use I would like to add it to the list of beauty products I am loving. It's working! My hair is growing and it's in so much better shape overall. I plan to continue with it for at least another month or so.

I'm glad it's working for you! I'm about to finish my 4th month using it and I haven't noticed too much of a difference, which sucks. I'm going to give it a full 6 months before I decide whether or not to quit using it, but I'm hoping it starts working between now and then. My hair needs help!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I hope it starts working for you, star sparkle.
By the way, I love your halo ring - gorgeous!!! =)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1458253161|4007002 said:
CJ2008|1458232161|4006807 said:

My dermatologist mentioned GrandeLash today. I usually use Latisse, and they said a lot of people are switching over to that one. I still have a ton of Latisse left so I might try that later. The downside for me of the GrandeLash is that the brush is IN the vial, so if you get pinkeye, the vial is toast.

How often do you get pinkeye? ;))

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1458256482|4007023 said:
I hope it starts working for you, star sparkle.
By the way, I love your halo ring - gorgeous!!! =)

Thank you, momhappy!! :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chrono and crickett for sharing your beauty routines! That must have been time consuming. Thank you!

I'll take a look through both your beauty routines. I might try one of your cleansers/moisturizers - always looking for something gentle and moisturizing even though I'm happy with what I'm using now (Toleriane Dermo Cleanser - recommended by missy - and Avene cream I have 2 different ones I use.)

And chrono what a coincidence. I just this past week got a prescription for Tretinoin and put it on for the first time Thursday night. I plan on using it only once per week until my skin gets used to it, at least a month or so.

It gave me pause after hearing your experience. I have read others saying that Tretinoin/Retin-a ruined their skin, and others who swear by the results they got. How long have you been off it? Do you think your skin will revert back/get better?

Hopefully I'll be one of the people who are happy with it.

I'll report on this too.

ame I think Grande Lash is working - I can see it in my eyebrows mostly so far. My eyebrows had really thinned out due to age and I had little bald patches that had been there for a while, like a couple of years now. They are definitely filling in. Although come to think of it that could also be the Viviscal (momhappy so happy to hear it's working for you! I am crossing my fingers it works for me too. I have DH taking it too - I wonder if it has too much iron for him though. Anybody have any thoughts on this?)

My eyelashes are definitely looking better. But - that could also be the fact that I stopped curling them. I have EMPTY PATCHES on my eyelashes and I thought it must be old age and then it dawned on me that it could also be the fact that for the past year or so I've been curling my lashes several times a week (momhappy I thought about you here too - I know how you say you always baby your lashes and I never quite "got" that. Is this why? Can curling your lashes actually make them fall out to the point that you have empty spots. It looks terrible.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008 do you use a toner? The toner I use is INCREDIBLE, it moisturizes so well! Other toners left my skin feeling tight (not in a good way) and overtly dry, but this toner leaves my skin super fresh and it feels so plump!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't, crickett to be honest when I hear toner I hear "too many steps" and "dry skin" even though I know both you and chrono say your routines don't take that long at all, and that this toner is the opposite of causing dry skin.

It would take a major mind switch to go from what I do now (wash and moisturize and put on sunscreen, plus the retin-a that I'm doing now) to a multi-step process...not only in terms of time / money (to buy all those products) but also because I'm of the mindset the less I do to my skin the better.

(I feel really bad for saying this for some reason like I'm totally disregarding your experience and recommendations even though I know you won't take it /see it that way.)

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
CJ, I use Retin-A and my skin tends to be dry too (esp since I spot treat with benzoyl peroxide in the morning). My skin care routine is pretty simple I think...

Wash with a gentle Cetaphil type (I use a drug store knock off) cleanser and gently pat dry. Put on a thin layer of Cetaphil lotion and let it dry. If my skin still feels dry, apply a few drops of Zakia's Argan oil (sold on Amazon) to my hands and gently pat into the areas that need it (I thought my skin would break out from the oil but my skin seems to produce less oil when it's properly moisturized.). Final step is to put on sunscreen.

At night, I do the same steps as above but instead of sunscreen, I apply the Retin-A last.

I've been doing this for months and have had no problems with dry skin nor breakouts but I'm sure I'll need less of the Argan oil once it gets hotter.

I also use a little of the Argan oil in my hair to control dryness & frizz and on my elbows (or anywhere that's dry).
On my elbows, I put a moisture lotion over the oil (I've been using Dermasil lotion on hands/elbows - it's only $1 for 10 oz at the Dollar Tree and I think it's great).

I don't wear much makeup but with my allergies going crazy the past few weeks, I can't keep makeup on my teary eyes so I bought a Red Lipstick to give my face some color. The color is so vibrant and smells so yummy like vanilla/chocolate. Has anyone else tried Milani Matte lipsticks? For a matte, I'm not finding it drying and my lips are usually dry (Rosebud Salve is my best buddy). It was about $4.50 at CVS (I had a 30% off coupon - it's usually around $6 full price). I got Matte Confident since I like my Reds "brick-ish", rather than with pink undertones (Matte Kiss) or purple (Matte Iconic). I'm surprised how strongly pigmented the color is for a low cost lipstick. :love:

Zakia Argan Oil:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRI8MLE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=13DPFVPZUJOTX&coliid=IWEJOZKBK6RI7&psc=1

Milani Matte Lipstick:
https://milanicosmetics.com/Color-Statement-Moisture-Matte-Lipstick.html

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah how long have you been using Retin-a and do you see results yet?

I've used it only once so far and already I see a hint of dryness but nothing too bad. I plan on using it once a week until my skin acclimates.

The one beauty item I have not yet found:

a sunscreen lip balm that 1. doesn't have tons of unnecessary junk in it that dry out the lips (I've read conflicting things about vitamin E in lip balms - but I stay with any that have it in case) 2. has more than 15 SPF.

ETA: alexah - if you like red lipsticks some of the inexpensive ones I've found to be non-drying (that's a deal breaker for me too) is Wet 'n Wild 911D (Stoplight Red). Flattering color (sometimes I'll apply just a little bit over Vaseline for a subtle color) and it was like $1.99 or something.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1458490428|4008368 said:
I don't, crickett to be honest when I hear toner I hear "too many steps" and "dry skin" even though I know both you and chrono say your routines don't take that long at all, and that this toner is the opposite of causing dry skin.

It would take a major mind switch to go from what I do now (wash and moisturize and put on sunscreen, plus the retin-a that I'm doing now) to a multi-step process...not only in terms of time / money (to buy all those products) but also because I'm of the mindset the less I do to my skin the better.

(I feel really bad for saying this for some reason like I'm totally disregarding your experience and recommendations even though I know you won't take it /see it that way.)

It took me a few weeks to really get into this routine. I didn't go from wash-moisturize to the 10-12 steps I do now. I did it gradually, adding a new step every few days or week or so. I would HIGHLY recommend adding a toner, they clean so well, and its super easy. I just put some on a cotton swab and swish it across my face after cleansing, then dollop on my moisturizer, thats it! If its the only step you add that would be ok. i really only started noticing an improvement when I added a toner into my routine. I notice more now, but it was a drastic difference.

Heres the toner, its really inexpensive and lasts FOREVER
http://www.amazon.com/Benton-Aloe-Skin-Toner-200ml/dp/B00EHAW7SM

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008,
I've not used any Retinol or Glycolic products for more than 6 months and my skin is only now recovering with my new skincare routine. Without it, my skin remains clear but dry/dehydrated . I can put up with the dryness but I hate the hyperpigmentation it left behind. I'm very pleased with the results of the past few days and hope to see further improvement by a month's time.

Ckrickett,
I jumped in with both feet right away. :bigsmile: I use my hands to apply the toner because it feels wasteful to use a cotton swab; I feel like there's too much product absorbed by the cotton instead of getting most of it on my face. For me, the toner and essence is the key. The toner adds moisture and the essence is healing.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1458566336|4008868 said:
CJ2008,
I've not used any Retinol or Glycolic products for more than 6 months and my skin is only now recovering with my new skincare routine. Without it, my skin remains clear but dry/dehydrated . I can put up with the dryness but I hate the hyperpigmentation it left behind. I'm very pleased with the results of the past few days and hope to see further improvement by a month's time.

Ckrickett,
I jumped in with both feet right away. :bigsmile: I use my hands to apply the toner because it feels wasteful to use a cotton swab; I feel like there's too much product absorbed by the cotton instead of getting most of it on my face. For me, the toner and essence is the key. The toner adds moisture and the essence is healing.

I should use my hands! I do feel like I waste it!

Do you like the mIssha essence. I have the Sk-II essence en route to me but I would LOVE a cheaper alternative

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1458574881|4008911 said:
Do you like the mIssha essence. I have the Sk-II essence en route to me but I would LOVE a cheaper alternative
Reviews say I will see dramatic results in 28 days as that is the time when the cells have fully turned over. As I've only been using it for 4 days, I agree that I haven't seen much of an improvement yet, other than my face looking a little brighter (glowy instead of looking matt).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I follow some beauty bloggers on youtube and they SWEAR by Misshas Essence! Let me know how it turns out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results