shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1458582381|4008968 said:
Chrono, I follow some beauty bloggers on youtube and they SWEAR by Misshas Essence! Let me know how it turns out for you.

Definitely!

I think I've also gone out of control with this new skin care routine. I read of the amazing results for those treating hyperpigmentation with WishTrend Pure Vitamin C21.5 Advanced Serum. Worse yet, it's on sale and with free shipping, which I couldn't resist trying a bottle. The new formulation now has fewer ingredients and the pesky alcohol has been removed. I have a small refrigerator upstairs that I can use to store it between uses at night.

http://www.wishtrend.com/skin-care/1215-pure-vitamin-c215-advanced-serum-c20.html#.VvGgWVUrJD8

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1458675944|4009507 said:
Chrono, I follow some beauty bloggers on youtube and they SWEAR by Misshas Essence! Let me know how it turns out for you.

Definitely!

I think I've also gone out of control with this new skin care routine. I read of the amazing results for those treating hyperpigmentation with WishTrend Pure Vitamin C21.5 Advanced Serum. Worse yet, it's on sale and with free shipping, which I couldn't resist trying a bottle. The new formulation now has fewer ingredients and the pesky alcohol has been removed. I have a small refrigerator upstairs that I can use to store it between uses at night.

http://www.wishtrend.com/skin-care/1215-pure-vitamin-c215-advanced-serum-c20.html#.VvGgWVUrJD8

Oh let me know how that works too. I have been wanting to try something for that because I have issues with that too! I am getting a load of stuff this week. Some from tattoo and SK-II and a few from Cosmetic Love and Memebox so I should have a lot of more fun skincare stuff to try. I am hoping for a really good moisturizer!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tattoo= Tatcha , silly AC

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely!

:appl:

I just started a different vitamin C serum a few weeks ago and love it, except for the alcohol. I may have to buy this one!

I LOVE how soft my skin is after using vitamin C!! I am alternating between Vitamin C and retin A at night, vitamin C in the morning...when my skin can tolerate it. Things are changing. My pores are clearing. My skin is brighter. Texture is getting better. The only drawback is that I am oily as can be, but I know this is reactive oiliness due to what I am doing to it. I hope it will calm down soon enough.

About 15 years ago, I used to use a Korean product by a company named Charmzone. It was called new control cream. You would put it on your skin and continually massage it and you would begin to feel all of the dead skin come off of your face. I'm not sure how it did this because there were no acids or any other harsh ingredients. I loved the stuff! I think I might have to find it again...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1458683374|4009555 said:

Definitely!

I just started a different vitamin C serum a few weeks ago and love it, except for the alcohol. I may have to buy this one!

I LOVE how soft my skin is after using vitamin C!! I am alternating between Vitamin C and retin A at night, vitamin C in the morning...when my skin can tolerate it. Things are changing. My pores are clearing. My skin is brighter. Texture is getting better. The only drawback is that I am oily as can be, but I know this is reactive oiliness due to what I am doing to it. I hope it will calm down soon enough.

About 15 years ago, I used to use a Korean product by a company named Charmzone. It was called new control cream. You would put it on your skin and continually massage it and you would begin to feel all of the dead skin come off of your face. I'm not sure how it did this because there were no acids or any other harsh ingredients. I loved the stuff! I think I might have to find it again...

Was this it?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05HW4QZMQ5YJC3VCAX5D

The vitamin c serum I am using now works but it makes my face super red. I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I do anything else. The results are nice but I probably won't rebut. so I am interested in this one!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine has never made my face red. I use the one from One Love Organics. AND it plays nice with my RetinA.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ame|1458739297|4009784 said:
Mine has never made my face red. I use the one from One Love Organics. AND it plays nice with my RetinA.

I have been using Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster by Ole Henriksen, it makes my face super red!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1458740206|4009792 said:
ame|1458739297|4009784 said:

I have been using Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster by Ole Henriksen, it makes my face super red!
That is weird!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1458698845|4009651 said:
House Cat|1458683374|4009555 said:

Definitely!

Was this it?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05HW4QZMQ5YJC3VCAX5D

The vitamin c serum I am using now works but it makes my face super red. I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I do anything else. The results are nice but I probably won't rebut. so I am interested in this one!
Yes, that's it! The exfoliation is very gentle. The cream becomes a bit grainy under your fingers when you massage it into your skin. It isn't like your skin comes off in sheets. I need to repurchase this. Wow, it is a LOT less expensive than it used to be!

My vitamin C serum does the same thing. I am red and burn for about 10 minutes. Sometimes I skip it because I think I need a break. I wonder if it is the combo of the Vit. C and the alcohol that is causing this.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've made my own vitamin C serum a few times and it always burns when I put it on.

It's kind of expected actually...vitamin C is pretty potent, depending on the concentration. Plus other things you're putting on your skin can make you more sensitive, etc.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mini update:
Just tossed my current cleanser in favour of the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser. It is extremely gentle, doesn't strip the skin of its natural moisture and can actually repair the moisture barrier. Best of all, it is inexpensive and can be found just about anywhere in the US. Best of all, it has 5.5 pH thereabouts, which balances the high pH of dry skin.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CeraVe cleanser looks pretty good chrono. There are a couple of ingredients I don't recognize/know about and didn't feel like looking them up right now but the alcohols are good, and the top 3 ingredients are good.

Purified Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I've beent trying to stay away from products containing parabens but it's hard since most use them - and it seems the research on whether they're "bad" is mixed.

I may try this.

Oh - forgot to say there's a $2 coupon on cerave.com http://www.cerave.com/coupons

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The Face Shop:

Rice Water Bright Rich Cleansing Oil. Very light in texture and rinses away quickly.
Calming Seed Skin Resting Creme.

I also bought some of their face masks--used the Red Ginseng the other night. Interesting!!

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My OST C20 arrived and I've started using it. It's rather sticky and a little goes a long way. It is permanently homed in my little refrigerator upstairs. The upgraded OST C21.5 should arrive in another week.

After playing around with timing and products on hand, I've settled on this morning routine as it's really quick yet effective:

1. Cleanse: Cerave Hydrating cleanser
2. Essence: Missha Time Revolution 1st Treatment Essence
3. Eye: Mizon Snail Repair eye cream
4. Face Oil: Banila Co Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil
5. Lotion: Missha Time Revolution White Cure Radiance Lotion
6. Protect: Missha All-Around Safe Sunblock Waterproof Sun Milk

It's been nearly a week since I changed my skin care routine and I have to say the difference is pronounced. My skin is no longer dry to the point it itches. It is still dryer than what I would like it to be but it's only been a week. I hope to see it improving even more after a month.

The night routine is still extensive but the exfoliation (between #2 and #3) and mask (between #5 and #6) steps are optional. I have to admit to enjoying the masks daily though!

1. Cleanse: Banila Co Clean it Zero
2. Double Cleanse: Cerave Hydrating cleanser
3. Acid: WishTrend OST Vitamin C21.5 Serum
4. Essence: Missha Time Revolution 1st Treatment Essence
5. Serum: Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule
6. Eye: Mizon Snail Repair eye cream
7. Face Oil: Banila Co Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil
8. Moisturize: Mizon Black Snail All-in-One Cream

There are a few things that really impressed or disappointed me:
OST C20 - for a formulation that contains alcohol, it barely stings and this is coming from a person with dry and sensitive skin.
Missha FET Intensive - I had 2 miniscule white pimples but they disappeared the next day and never came back.
Etude House Collagen Eye cream - I'm ditching it because it doesn't spread well.
Banila Essense Oil - a bit sticky but it's not a grease mess. I'm surprised how much I like it.
Missha Snail Cream - too much alcohol in it, so I'm switching to the Mizon Black Snail.
Korean sunscreen - I'm really impressed by Hera's Sun Mate and Missha's Sun Milk. It isn't oily and there is no white cast, which makes it a great base for makeup, if you choose to apply foundation over this sunscreen.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono I love that updated List. I have just added, amended my routine and I am seeing amazing results!

I find etude houses eye cream not easy to spread either, but I am going to use it up. I have been using it at night, and switched to Origins in the am.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1459268111|4012609 said:
My OST C20 arrived and I've started using it. It's rather sticky and a little goes a long way. It is permanently homed in my little refrigerator upstairs. The upgraded OST C21.5 should arrive in another week.

After playing around with timing and products on hand, I've settled on this morning routine as it's really quick yet effective:

It's been nearly a week since I changed my skin care routine and I have to say the difference is pronounced. My skin is no longer dry to the point it itches. It is still dryer than what I would like it to be but it's only been a week. I hope to see it improving even more after a month.

The night routine is still extensive but the exfoliation (between #2 and #3) and mask (between #5 and #6) steps are optional. I have to admit to enjoying the masks daily though!

7. Face Oil: Banila Co Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essencer Oil

OST C20 - for a formulation that contains alcohol, it barely stings and this is coming from a person with dry and sensitive skin.
Missha FET Intensive - I had 2 miniscule white pimples but they disappeared the next day and never came back.
Etude House Collagen Eye cream - I'm ditching it because it doesn't spread well.
Banila Essense Oil - a bit sticky but it's not a grease mess. I'm surprised how much I like it.
Missha Snail Cream - too much alcohol in it, so I'm switching to the Mizon Black Snail.
Korean sunscreen - I'm really impressed by Hera's Sun Mate and Missha's Sun Milk. It isn't oily and there is no white cast, which makes it a great base for makeup, if you choose to apply foundation over this sunscreen.

Chrono, how are you liking the Missha ampoule? I have Sum37 secret serum, but it's too irritating for my sensitive skin (fine on my neck however). I figure I will use up the Sum before trying something else.

I also switched over to a new routine which is slowly helping out my itchy, red and sensitive skin.

Morning:
Sum37 miracle rose cleansing stick
Tatcha rice enzyme exfoliating powder for sensitive skin
May Coop raw sauce essence
Midaskin BOLC A Botulinum Polypeptide facial serum (topical botox)
Midaskin BOLC A Botulinum Polypeptide facial cream
Mizon Snail eye cream
Aromatica calendula juicy cream (just got this and it's the bomb for super sensitive skin all over your body - it's also waterless)
Biore Aqua Rich Sunscreen - but it does have alcohol, so am looking to switch it up.

Evening:
Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover (will probably switch to some oil cleanser though)
Bioderma Sensibio micellar water
Cerave hydrating facial cleanser
May Coop raw sauce essence
Midaskin BOLC A Botulinum Polypeptide facial serum
Midaskin BOLC A Botulinum Polypeptide facial cream
Mizon Snail eye cream
Cerave skin renewing night cream with some drops of pure Argan oil.

Sometimes, I'll use a mask, enzyme peel or exfoliator. And always, "tok, tok, tok" the product into your skin. Pat, don't rub or tug.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1459304194|4012930 said:
Chrono I love that updated List. I have just added, amended my routine and I am seeing amazing results! I find etude houses eye cream not easy to spread either, but I am going to use it up. I have been using it at night, and switched to Origins in the am.

I just noticed a typo - the Propolis Oil comes after the lotion (day) and after the cream (night), not before, due to it being a heavier product.

Crickett,
Do you mind sharing your updated list? I hate to waste product so I'll probably use the Etude House cream for my elbows or something like that.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers,
How long have you been using the Su:M37 SS and what are you seeing? It is normal to have a tiny purge up to a month. If it is red, then yes, it is an irritation but I experienced a couple white bumps that are very minor and resolved within a day or 2, although the bumps kept appearing for several days before disappearing for good.

I love seeing everyone's routine! It's really cool because each person reacts different to the same product so I like to see/read about what others are using and what they think about it.

I love masking but have yet to find the right mask. I can't wait to receive my Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Rice face mask. It's on sale and I bought it for $1.50 each with free shipping. And yes, pat the product!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has so many steps to their routine. Is it worth it?

How long is all of this taking you?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1459429175|4013629 said:

Housecat,

With the revised routine, I can get it done in 5 minutes in the morning. I'm "slapping" one product after another, so it's super quick. The night routine is much longer and there's no avoiding it due to the Vitamin C serum. I let it sit for 20 minutes before the next step to allow it the time to work (and neutralize). I view the night time routine as my "me" time, to unwind and relax before bed time.

Is it worth it? YES! I've tried so many different brands and products which made my dry skin worse or the improvement was marginal. With this, my skin is no longer wrinkled from dryness (it is so dry that it looks wrinkled but they aren't true wrinkles) and no longer itchy from dryness. My skin used to feel tight all the time, even after moisturizing. What is very important is to make sure you select the right product for your skin type. Mine is dry and dehydrated. DH is oily and dehydrated. My skin is also sensitive right now because the moisture barrier is damaged so I have to read the ingredient list carefully.

The various steps can be easily stripped down to this: cleanse, prep the skin, treat, and moisturize. The "treat" part is exhaustive because you cannot expect one product to treat everything. Here's why I use what I use:

1st cleanse: removes tough sunscreen and makeup
2nd cleanse: removes traces of 1st cleanse and regular dirt/grime, and a low pH cleanser preps the skin for any acid treatments
Vit C: hyperpigmentation
Missha FTE: preps the skin and heals
Missha Ampoule: deals with signs of aging
Snail cream: moisturize and heals damaged skin
Oil: seals in all the product and honey is supposedly healing as well.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459430121|4013637 said:

Housecat,

With the revised routine, I can get it done in 5 minutes in the morning. I'm "slapping" one product after another, so it's super quick. The night routine is much longer and there's no avoiding it due to the Vitamin C serum. I let it sit for 20 minutes before the next step to allow it the time to work (and neutralize). I view the night time routine as my "me" time, to unwind and relax before bed time.

Is it worth it? YES! I've tried so many different brands and products which made my dry skin worse or the improvement was marginal. With this, my skin is no longer wrinkled from dryness (it is so dry that it looks wrinkled but they aren't true wrinkles) and no longer itchy from dryness. My skin used to feel tight all the time, even after moisturizing. What is very important is to make sure you select the right product for your skin type. Mine is dry and dehydrated. DH is oily and dehydrated. My skin is also sensitive right now because the moisture barrier is damaged so I have to read the ingredient list carefully.

The various steps can be easily stripped down to this: cleanse, prep the skin, treat, and moisturize. The "treat" part is exhaustive because you cannot expect one product to treat everything. Here's why I use what I use:

1st cleanse: removes tough sunscreen and makeup
2nd cleanse: removes traces of 1st cleanse and regular dirt/grime, and a low pH cleanser preps the skin for any acid treatments
Vit C: hyperpigmentation
Missha FTE: preps the skin and heals
Missha Ampoule: deals with signs of aging
Snail cream: moisturize and heals damaged skin
Oil: seals in all the product and honey is supposedly healing as well.

Yes to all Chrono said.
I had wicked bad skin because I didn't take good care of it, after starting this routine my skin has gotten so much better! It takes 5-10 minutes, so its not bad at all.

also if the 10-12 step routine seems daunting, a shorter one can help get you used to more then just wash-moisturize. This is my super lazy morning routine (and products) and even this is super great, if I do this at night, I will use an oil cleanser first then the foaming cleanser.

Cleanse once – I use either a cleansing cloth or Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam from Innisfree
Toner – Using and loving Aloe BHA Skin Toner by Benton
Essence – Currently using SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Eye Cream – Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream by Etude house
Moisturize – Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Heres my updated List Chrono

1-Oil Cleanser – Clean It Zero From Banila Co. After removing makeup from my face if there is any there I put a small amount on my face and massage for 20-30 seconds then gently rinse off. I just started using this a week ago and I am already in love!
2- Foaming Cleanser –Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam from Innisfree. I lather this on and then very gently use a pore brush to lather the last bit.
3. Toner –Aloe BHA Skin Toner by Benton. I use a cotton swab and gently swipe across my face, I like this one because it is very soothing.
4. Exfoliate – Cure Natural Aqua Gel (twice a week, I love this) or Freeman’s Charcoal Sugar Scrub (this one is ok, just using it up right now since I don’t like to waste product)
5. Essence – SK-II Facial Treatment Essence- Put a small amount in my hands and gently pat into my face. I let it absorb completely before moving on Also after that –BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by Cosrx – I put a fair amount on a cotton pad and dab in on my entire nose and chin.
6.Mask -(I only do this Three times a week. Either a sheet mask, Lindsay makes an AMAZING Pull away charcoal mask, or the Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask by Elizavecca)
7.Serums –ULTIMUNE Power Infusing Concentratefrom Shiseido (I use this first) Then Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster by Ole Henrikson, For the Ole Henriksen serum I do like the results of it, however it makes my face EXTREMELY red right after application and it stays red for 15 minutes, so I don’t think I will be rebuying. I am looking for another serum that has vitamin C thats a bit gentler. I think Etude House or Innisfree has one.
8. Eye Cream –Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream by Etude house – I gently pat this under my eye and gently apply it to my lids
9. Moisturizer –Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ from Clinique. Gently put a small amount on my face and neck
10. Face Oil – Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil by Korres – Alittle goes a long way. I just take the dropper and put 3 drops in my hands and gently apply to face and neckOK if it is the morning I will use a BB cream + primer and do make up and skip this last step
11. Night Cream – Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream by Tatcha. Its a Japanese brand, and they have amazing products, however they get a bit pricey. I might look for something else to see if it compares, if not I will get this again. I do adore this.
12. Sleeping Mask - Good Night Water Sleeping mask (shinchan) by A'Pieu- I ADORE THIS
13.I also apply Nature Republics Aloe Vera Gel all over my body and chest and neck area right before bed.

all this takes between 5-10 minutes depending on how fast products absorb.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am interested in the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by Cosrx, particularly for the nose area. Have you seen any improvement? Does it dry you out?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459454922|4013845 said:
I am interested in the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by Cosrx, particularly for the nose area. Have you seen any improvement? Does it dry you out?

I have seen an improvement, and it doesn't dry me out. I use it right after my SK-II and I put it on my nose, cheeks and under chin area. It has been clearer and my pores have gotten smaller. At first it didn't completely WOW me but overtime I have noticed a vast improvement. Id give it a try!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I thought the same thing, House Cat.
As far as whether or not it's worth it, I think that depends on the individual (and a number of factors). I don't doubt that a good skin care routine is important, but topical products can only do so much. Time still marches on and some things can't be addressed by product alone (genetics, environmental damage, sun damage, etc.). I believe that certain products and/or routines can make a difference in the overall health of your skin, but depending on any number of variables, results might vary. I use a variety of quality products to address different concerns, but I don't follow any specific steps (patting on moisturizer, using a toner, etc.). I cleanse, address specific concerns (like hyper pigmentation for example), and moisturize. I follow a similar routine at night. I think it's great to dedicate a fair amount of time and effort into your skin care routine, but mine needs to be somewhat simple or I won't follow it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1459456372|4013865 said:
Chrono|1459454922|4013845 said:

I have seen an improvement, and it doesn't dry me out. I use it right after my SK-II and I put it on my nose, cheeks and under chin area. It has been clearer and my pores have gotten smaller. At first it didn't completely WOW me but overtime I have noticed a vast improvement. Id give it a try!

This is good to know - I may give this a try too. Thanks:)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1459268111|4012609 said:

7. Face Oil: Banila Co Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil

How do you like the snail eye cream? I keep seeing it and I am intrigued. Does it help with fine lines? I usually use something by Shisedo and it is quite good, but the snail cream is less than half the price.

I admire everyone's beauty routines!! I am always exhausted at night. I am lucky to wash AND get retin A on my face. I am getting better though, aging is a great motivator!!! :)

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chromo: I've had the Su:M 37 for about a month. I immediately had redness. I had to stop using it on my cheek. I still don't use it on my left cheek, which is still inflamed a lot. So, I can't get myself to use it enough to see if I can get past the irritation stage.

As for the entire process, it takes about 10 minutes, but I'm not rushing. It's my time, so I try to savor it.

House Cat: I like the Mizon snail cream. Helps that Target sells it :) My SIL previously gave me the Benefit eye cream, but the Mizon is much more moisturizing in my opinion. I use it under MUFE HD concealer, and I don't have problems with creasing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers,
I would stop applying the Su:M37 since that sounds like you are sensitive to an ingredient in that mixture. Immediate redness is a sign of sensitivity, not purging.

Housecat,
The fine lines are gone from one eye but there is one persistent line under my other eye, probably because it is deeper. I was so tired I fell asleep with my mask on last night. :D There's no right or wrong way in skincare as long as whatever you are doing works for you.

Crickett,
I will order the Cosrx BHA liquid when I am running low on supplies. It sounds like an effective product to add to my routine.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two nights ago I use Spalife Soothing Foot Treatment booties for the first time. They're paper/plastic booties that have a wet-ish goo inside them. You slip your feet into them, leave them on for 60-90 minutes, and then rinse. (I secured the tops of the booties with little clips.) They're supposed to remove dead skin and callouses - but you don't see the results for 7-10 days. I'll let you know how it goes! As for the immediate effect - they weren't uncomfortable to use, but I certainly didn't feel at all like I was being pampered in a spa! :lol: I found them at TJ Maxx - two packages (treatments) at $1.99 each, so I figured why not give it a try! I have to admit though that in retrospect, I am a bit concerned about soaking up something that absorbs into the skin deeply enough to have that kind of lasting impact...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results