shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1459525295|4014180 said:
Two nights ago I use Spalife Soothing Foot Treatment booties for the first time. They're paper/plastic booties that have a wet-ish goo inside them. You slip your feet into them, leave them on for 60-90 minutes, and then rinse. (I secured the tops of the booties with little clips.) They're supposed to remove dead skin and callouses - but you don't see the results for 7-10 days. I'll let you know how it goes! As for the immediate effect - they weren't uncomfortable to use, but I certainly didn't feel at all like I was being pampered in a spa! :lol: I found them at TJ Maxx - two packages (treatments) at $1.99 each, so I figured why not give it a try! I have to admit though that in retrospect, I am a bit concerned about soaking up something that absorbs into the skin deeply enough to have that kind of lasting impact...
I want to try those things, the baby foot style things. And since I kickbox, and am barefoot 2-3 nights a week to do that, I am like...terrified of it, because your foot basically comes off in sheets!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1459529017|4014205 said:
Two nights ago I use Spalife Soothing Foot Treatment booties for the first time. They're paper/plastic booties that have a wet-ish goo inside them. You slip your feet into them, leave them on for 60-90 minutes, and then rinse. (I secured the tops of the booties with little clips.) They're supposed to remove dead skin and callouses - but you don't see the results for 7-10 days. I'll let you know how it goes! As for the immediate effect - they weren't uncomfortable to use, but I certainly didn't feel at all like I was being pampered in a spa! :lol: I found them at TJ Maxx - two packages (treatments) at $1.99 each, so I figured why not give it a try! I have to admit though that in retrospect, I am a bit concerned about soaking up something that absorbs into the skin deeply enough to have that kind of lasting impact...
I want to try those things, the baby foot style things. And since I kickbox, and am barefoot 2-3 nights a week to do that, I am like...terrified of it, because your foot basically comes off in sheets!

Yeah, I'd read that. This being a knock-off, I'm rather skeptical that it will do anything at all. But I guess I'd better have some socks on hand in case it does work as advertised!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1459535193|4014243 said:

Yeah, I'd read that. This being a knock-off, I'm rather skeptical that it will do anything at all. But I guess I'd better have some socks on hand in case it does work as advertised!
I know some ladies who did the baby foot things..

They said they were AWESOME, but... you have to watch what kind of shoes you wear afterward, because the skin on your feet is brand new. Your feet will hurt with tight shoes.

I imagine that kickboxing might hurt too?

They also said to do them in VERY early spring because your feet will be disgusting for a little while. Definitely not sandal worthy until the peeling is over.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've read about the skin peeling off in sheets and that made my imagination run wild. As much as I want pretty feet, I'll hold off on them for now. :bigsmile:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1459539599|4014271 said:
I've read about the skin peeling off in sheets and that made my imagination run wild. As much as I want pretty feet, I'll hold off on them for now. :bigsmile:
Did you do a google image search? The photos are.........

Amazing.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459512336|4014106 said:
Yimmers,
I would stop applying the Su:M37 since that sounds like you are sensitive to an ingredient in that mixture. Immediate redness is a sign of sensitivity, not purging.

Housecat,
The fine lines are gone from one eye but there is one persistent line under my other eye, probably because it is deeper. I was so tired I fell asleep with my mask on last night. :D There's no right or wrong way in skincare as long as whatever you are doing works for you.

Crickett,
I will order the Cosrx BHA liquid when I am running low on supplies. It sounds like an effective product to add to my routine.

Let me know how it works for you. I have sampled other products from Cosrx and have really enjoyed them

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1459543580|4014295 said:
Chrono|1459539599|4014271 said:
Did you do a google image search? The photos are.........

Amazing.

I looked at the photos and was like OMG, now I want to try them out but I am also slightly terrified. (I primarily wear flip flops)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I first started taekwondo the bottoms of my feet were about raw from running on the crazy outdoor type carpet on the floor...I don't want to start over again like that, much as I'd like pretty feet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update on the OST C20 Vitamin C Serum.

It looks like my skin is indeed sensitive to alcohol in facial products. It hated the denatured alcohol in The Face Shop masks (listed as the 5th ingredient) and broke out near my eye brows. This is further confirmed with a clustered breakout to the right of my mouth after 2 days of the OST C20 serum. Fortunately, the alcohol-free updated version C21.5 arrived a few days later and there's no reaction after using it over the weekend. I also like that it is less sticky and hardly stings/tingles upon application.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459775853|4015195 said:
Update on the OST C20 Vitamin C Serum.

It looks like my skin is indeed sensitive to alcohol in facial products. It hated the denatured alcohol in The Face Shop masks (listed as the 5th ingredient) and broke out near my eye brows. This is further confirmed with a clustered breakout to the right of my mouth after 2 days of the OST C20 serum. Fortunately, the alcohol-free updated version C21.5 arrived a few days later and there's no reaction after using it over the weekend. I also like that it is less sticky and hardly stings/tingles upon application.

I am glad to hear!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just started using a product from Tatcha, their cleansing rice enzyme powder. Its alittle weird to use, but it works like a dream! Might be my new favorite cleanser, but I want to use it for a few more weeks to really see if its all I am hyping it is.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1459776675|4015200 said:
I just started using a product from Tatcha, their cleansing rice enzyme powder. Its alittle weird to use, but it works like a dream! Might be my new favorite cleanser, but I want to use it for a few more weeks to really see if its all I am hyping it is.

Ckrickett: I use the soothing rice enzyme powder and I love it!

Chrono, yes, sadly the only place that doesn't seem to cause redness is on my neck. And I waited two months for that serum to be delivered!!! I suspect I have an overall sensitivity to Su:m 37 products because I've stopped using the rose stick and immediately noticed less redness. Argghhhhhh

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett,
Is it a second cleanse product?

Yimmers,
So to hear about that. Su:M37 is not an inexpensive brand. Comparing the 2 products, are you able to narrow down the culprit ingredient?

Coconut is an acne / sensitivity trigger for me.
Lauric Acid is a trigger for some but I think it's not an issue for my skin.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I haven't been able to narrow it down yet. The Secret Repair Concentrate has a crazy long ingredient list, and it's just easier to post a link to it: http://skinandtonics.com/sum37-secret-repair-concentrate-review/ Notably, it has dimethicone...

The rose cleansing stick is thankfully much shorter: Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Water, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Betaine, Rose (0.5%), Fragrance, Camellia Oil, Tocopheryl, Green Tea Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Seed Oil, Yeast/Fermented Rose Extract Filtrate (0.01%), Basil Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lime Oil, Pot Marjoram Oil, Orange Seed Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil.

I recall awhile back trying out coconut oil on my face b/c my MIL swore it was the best thing since sliced bread. Apparently she ran into someone with youthful skin who used it. I quit using it b/c coconut oil dried out my skin. Argan oil is fine, however. She made some snarky comment at Christmas when my husband gave his sister some skin care stuff about how coconut oil was still the best. Sorry lady, doesn't work for me.

Has anyone found medication to make their skin go out of whack? Ever since a past ob-gyn made me go on Metformin (diabetic med; she claimed that I had PCOS and that it would help me get pregnant) my skin drastically changed to ultra dry and sensitive. I've been off the Metformin for a year, (new fertility doc said get the hell off of it) but my skin has never changed back.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459790021|4015284 said:
Ckrickett,
Is it a second cleanse product?

Yimmers,
So to hear about that. Su:M37 is not an inexpensive brand. Comparing the 2 products, are you able to narrow down the culprit ingredient?

Coconut is an acne / sensitivity trigger for me.
Lauric Acid is a trigger for some but I think it's not an issue for my skin.

I am using it as a second cleanse at night. I Just started it a few days ago and I am very impressed. It is a little hefty in price but works like a dream. I even got a special cleansing brush to use with it, mostly because I thought the set up was so darn cute!

Its very very gently, and it cleans inside the pores so well. My skin feel super duper squeaky clean. I doubt I will need it in the mornings, but at night after a face full of makeup it seems to get thew job done well.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yimmers|1459792087|4015298 said:
Chrono, I haven't been able to narrow it down yet. The Secret Repair Concentrate has a crazy long ingredient list, and it's just easier to post a link to it: http://skinandtonics.com/sum37-secret-repair-concentrate-review/ Notably, it has dimethicone...

The rose cleansing stick is thankfully much shorter: Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Water, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Betaine, Rose (0.5%), Fragrance, Camellia Oil, Tocopheryl, Green Tea Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Seed Oil, Yeast/Fermented Rose Extract Filtrate (0.01%), Basil Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lime Oil, Pot Marjoram Oil, Orange Seed Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil.

I recall awhile back trying out coconut oil on my face b/c my MIL swore it was the best thing since sliced bread. Apparently she ran into someone with youthful skin who used it. I quit using it b/c coconut oil dried out my skin. Argan oil is fine, however. She made some snarky comment at Christmas when my husband gave his sister some skin care stuff about how coconut oil was still the best. Sorry lady, doesn't work for me.

Has anyone found medication to make their skin go out of whack? Ever since a past ob-gyn made me go on Metformin (diabetic med; she claimed that I had PCOS and that it would help me get pregnant) my skin drastically changed to ultra dry and sensitive. I've been off the Metformin for a year, (new fertility doc said get the hell off of it) but my skin has never changed back.

I don't use medication because none of them have worked. But when my skin goes bonkers I always cleanse it in the middle of the day as well as morning and night. I just use a gently foaming cleanser, just do a pass of toner, and essence and moisturizer again. Its a pain if I am wearing makeup but after a few days my skin calms down, and feels very soothed.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers,
That's a long list! Gosh, I don't even know where to start looking. :-o

If anyone keeps up to date with the KBeauty Bloggers, I have to agree with their review of Holy Snail's Shark Sauce. It arrived last night and after a single application last night, I woke up to a face without any redness! My cheeks have always been red since the moisture barrier was damaged and even though it isn't as dry as it used to be, it remained reddish. However, this morning, I was surprised to see my normal skin tone in the mirror. I haven't seen my cheeks without any redness for so long that I'd forgotten what it looks like. I'm so happy that it works so quickly. And yes, I was too excited upon receiving the product that I deliberately skipped the patch testing. :devil:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking for a good body lotion/cream with SPF and I thought of this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't mean a sunscreen product (I use heavy sunscreen everywhere if I'm at the beach, pool, etc.) - I mean a body lotion/cream that has sun protection and is meant for daily use. I want a good body lotion, but I also think it's important to have the extra little bit of sun protection on my exposed skin when wearing shorts, t-shirts, etc.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1459864848|4015652 said:
I'm looking for a good body lotion/cream with SPF and I thought of this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't mean a sunscreen product (I use heavy sunscreen everywhere if I'm at the beach, pool, etc.) - I mean a body lotion/cream that has sun protection and is meant for daily use. I want a good body lotion, but I also think it's important to have the extra little bit of sun protection on my exposed skin when wearing shorts, t-shirts, etc.
How high of an spf are you looking for?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1459536428|4014251 said:
VRBeauty|1459535193|4014243 said:

I know some ladies who did the baby foot things..

They said they were AWESOME, but... you have to watch what kind of shoes you wear afterward, because the skin on your feet is brand new. Your feet will hurt with tight shoes.

I imagine that kickboxing might hurt too?

They also said to do them in VERY early spring because your feet will be disgusting for a little while. Definitely not sandal worthy until the peeling is over.

packrat|1459648175|4014786 said:
When I first started taekwondo the bottoms of my feet were about raw from running on the crazy outdoor type carpet on the floor...I don't want to start over again like that, much as I'd like pretty feet.
We are on mats so thankfully none of that, but it gets steamy and gross in there, which I HATE--I do not want to be in a hot or humid place, ever, especially when I am already hot and sweaty--so it gets slippery and sticky and nasty on the floor.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459859781|4015625 said:
Yimmers,
That's a long list! Gosh, I don't even know where to start looking. :-o

If anyone keeps up to date with the KBeauty Bloggers, I have to agree with their review of Holy Snail's Shark Sauce. It arrived last night and after a single application last night, I woke up to a face without any redness! My cheeks have always been red since the moisture barrier was damaged and even though it isn't as dry as it used to be, it remained reddish. However, this morning, I was surprised to see my normal skin tone in the mirror. I haven't seen my cheeks without any redness for so long that I'd forgotten what it looks like. I'm so happy that it works so quickly. And yes, I was too excited upon receiving the product that I deliberately skipped the patch testing. :devil:

Oh OOH I will have to try this! I have had such an issue with redness lately!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono, which blogger is this? Most of the K beauty bloggers I follow are video bloggers, so it would be good to expand my list. I also want to try out that shark sauce as well. I am intrigued!!!

Where do you usually get your K beauty products from? Soko glam, Peach & Lily, Glam Glow, Memebox, Amazon?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1459879153|4015773 said:

Most of the lotions I've seen so far are in the SPF 15-20 range. I have seen a couple with an SPF of 30, but then it sounds like it is more like wearing sunscreen (meaning a heavier product) as opposed to a moisturizing body lotion.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1459889476|4015853 said:
House Cat|1459879153|4015773 said:

Most of the lotions I've seen so far are in the SPF 15-20 range. I have seen a couple with an SPF of 30, but then it sounds like it is more like wearing sunscreen (meaning a heavier product) as opposed to a moisturizing body lotion.
Yes, that's been my problem too. I absolutely need something that is more than an SPF 30.

Last year, I found a product by DeVita that is rather nice. It isn't too thick, but it isn't light. It was acceptable. If you have a Sprouts Market nearby, you can try the sample.
https://devitaskincare.com/store/solar-protective-moisturizer-spf-30-25-oz75ml-p-17534.html

I plan to try CeraVe's body lotion with SPF this year. It has SPF 30 and 50.

Last year, I ended up buying a very light weight, spf 30 physical sunblock spray that I applied after I applied lotion. I just couldn't find anything that I truly loved.

If you want an spf 15, Alba Botanica makes a lotion called "very emollient" that seems very popular. I would buy it, but I am fair and I live in 100 degree heat. I need the strong stuff.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks House Cat. I saw the Alba lotion on Amazon and even though I'm not sure that 15 SPF is enough, I might give the smaller bottle a try. I suppose 15 or 20 SPF might be okay for just daily wear on arms and legs - I wear at least 30 on my chest and usually between 30-50 on my face daily. I don't really want to slather myself in sunscreen daily, but I realize that over time, the sun exposure does add up (and by does it show, the older you get.... :blackeye: ).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers|1459888962|4015849 said:
Chrono, which blogger is this? Most of the K beauty bloggers I follow are video bloggers, so it would be good to expand my list. I also want to try out that shark sauce as well. I am intrigued!!!

Where do you usually get your K beauty products from? Soko glam, Peach & Lily, Glam Glow, Memebox, Amazon?

The main 3 that I check out are:
Kerry at Skin & Tonics
Snow White & the Asian Pear
50 Shades of Snail

I find pricing from the US based vendors to be extremely high and the risk for counterfeit products on Amazon are also very high. Depending on what I purchase and how much I purchase, I use these vendors:

KoreaDepart - shipping is costly because it is based on weight but if you order a huge haul, you still make out better than the US shops because the prices are a fraction of the US shops. I use the slowest mail which is Registered Mail. It was shipped out within the week and I received my package 2 weeks later. It's good for items that are not heat / light sensitive and mainly for restocking. The benefit of KD is that they carry a huge variety of items.

Jolse - my new favourite shop because shipping is already built into the price and if you spend > $40, shipping is free. Their pricing is very competitive in spite of the built in shipping cost. Products are somewhat limited in range but all the well known favourites are easily available. Shipping times seem reasonable - items are shipped within the week. Cosrx items are 20% off on one day every week.

WishTrend - I take advantage of their free shipping item to tack on whatever else I need. Shipping is surprisingly quick but I guess they know it has to be prompt because their Vitamin C serum is time and temperature sensitive.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
another great place for k beauty is Cosmetic Love. They have free shipping with no minimum purchase.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1459947164|4016102 said:
Yimmers|1459888962|4015849 said:

The main 3 that I check out are:
Kerry at Skin & Tonics
Snow White & the Asian Pear
50 Shades of Snail

I find pricing from the US based vendors to be extremely high and the risk for counterfeit products on Amazon are also very high. Depending on what I purchase and how much I purchase, I use these vendors:

KoreaDepart - shipping is costly because it is based on weight but if you order a huge haul, you still make out better than the US shops because the prices are a fraction of the US shops. I use the slowest mail which is Registered Mail. It was shipped out within the week and I received my package 2 weeks later. It's good for items that are not heat / light sensitive and mainly for restocking. The benefit of KD is that they carry a huge variety of items.

Jolse - my new favourite shop because shipping is already built into the price and if you spend > $40, shipping is free. Their pricing is very competitive in spite of the built in shipping cost. Products are somewhat limited in range but all the well known favourites are easily available. Shipping times seem reasonable - items are shipped within the week. Cosrx items are 20% off on one day every week.

WishTrend - I take advantage of their free shipping item to tack on whatever else I need. Shipping is surprisingly quick but I guess they know it has to be prompt because their Vitamin C serum is time and temperature sensitive.

I really love KoreaDepart. Shipping is high but they do have a great selection. Memebox, Cosmetic Love, Soko Glam, Yesstyle, and others are really good too

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did buy a couple items to test Cosmetic_Love.
I also went for the Joseon Beauty Cream from MemeBox since it was on sale, 20% off first purchase, free shipping and other shops did not have it in stock.
YesStyle is WAY overpriced, which I only discovered after I found other shops.

But that's not why I am here. I am here to announce that my PIH spots are fading!!! Sure, there's still a lot of spots but they are noticeably lighter. The unfortunate part is that I'm not sure which product is doing the heavy work for this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say congratulations to all who have found products that work well for you.
Chrono, woohoo on those fading marks!

I am completely lost when reading this thread however. It's like a foreign language for me and a complicated one at that. :oops:
I wish my skin wasn't so hypersensitive to everything and I clearly have no clue about beauty products aside from my narrow niche. Very interesting reading what you girls are using successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results