shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather have one stunning jewelry piece, ten nice pieces or fifty costume-ish pieces?

Would you rather have one stunning jewelry piece, ten nice pieces or fifty costume-ish pieces?

• One stunning piece

• Ten nice pieces

• Fifty costume-ish pieces

• Other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off hand my immediate inclination was 10 nice fine jewelry pieces. Thinking of it in terms of money, if I had $100,000 to spend, I'd far rather have ten $10k items over one item worth $100k. I have no real desire for a single item worth that much. And if that one item was a ring, that would mean no earrings, no pendants and no bracelets! So no way would I choose just one piece of jewelry!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Agree with this…

Plus I genuinely love most of the stuff I have so I wouldn't replace it with "one piece to rule them all" because I don't think I've found that one piece that I'd be willing to give up everything for.

Which bands should I get rid of? Silver, yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, platinum, carnelian, hematite, rubber, enamel, copper? That’s ten right there. What karat gold never to wear again?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not getting this pricescope thing of referring to silver jewellery as costume. To me it’s semi precious jewellery at the least. Lots of fine Victorian and Georgian pieces feature silver as platinum had not been discovered. Now admittedly for years I was in the gold and platinum camp but I realised I was missing out. I now wear an inherited silver bangle all the time and a Victorian silver anchor brooch has become a favourite.
So in short get yourself some more silver Daisy!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
this makes me think of all the talented local artists and young (and old and established) jewlers here who make absolutly stunning pieces in silver

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose "other" because I need more than 10 nice pieces lol. I like to match my jewelry to what I am wearing so I need variety. Plus I like rings, bracelets, pendants, brooches/pins, and recently watches.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
If I had one stunning piece, I would never wear it because it would be too precious to me. I'd probably keep it behind museum glass inside of a vault!! Therefore, I'd rather have ten nice pieces. I can't imagine the enormous responsibility of keeping a rare and extremely valuable piece.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I had one stunning piece, I would never wear it because it would be too precious to me. I'd probably keep it behind museum glass inside of a vault!! Therefore, I'd rather have ten nice pieces. I can't imagine the enormous responsibility of keeping a rare and extremely valuable piece.

your comment makes me wonder what the Queen's top 5 or 10 pieces would be

im getting 3 treads mixed up so forgive me :lol-2:
i think she'd choose family pieces given to her by her father and husband ...but then she would bow to duty and choose the historically important ones or symbolic gifts from the commonweath...

who am i kidding
she'd choose one of her Cullinan's :lol-2:

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
your comment makes me wonder what the Queen's top 5 or 10 pieces would be

im getting 3 treads mixed up so forgive me :lol-2:
i think she'd choose family pieces given to her by her father and husband ...but then she would bow to duty and choose the historically important ones or symbolic gifts from the commonweath...

who am i kidding
she'd choose one of her Cullinan's :lol-2:

Holy moly I just looked up the Cullinan diamond haha

I don't think I've seen even a chunk of glass that big.

I sure hope someone does a Q&A and show & tell with the royal jewels some day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not getting this pricescope thing of referring to silver jewellery as costume. To me it’s semi precious jewellery at the least. Lots of fine Victorian and Georgian pieces feature silver as platinum had not been discovered. Now admittedly for years I was in the gold and platinum camp but I realised I was missing out. I now wear an inherited silver bangle all the time and a Victorian silver anchor brooch has become a favourite.
So in short get yourself some more silver Daisy!

I agree! I don’t get it either..I LOVE my silver jewelry!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is basically what I do, I have about (currently) twelve very nice pieces of jewelry. If I had waited over the last decade and saved, they would all total one honkin pricey piece. But I really enjoy them, and while I wouldn’t want to lose anything from my collection it wouldn’t be irreplaceable or financially devastating if I did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results