shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you rather have one stunning jewelry piece, ten nice pieces or fifty costume-ish pieces?

Would you rather have one stunning jewelry piece, ten nice pieces or fifty costume-ish pieces?

• One stunning piece

• Ten nice pieces

• Fifty costume-ish pieces

• Other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go:

DK :))

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need some variety hence 10 nice pieces seems a good fit for me. I have some costume stuff but it’s mostly just colourful earrings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One stunning piece since I don't wear a lot of jewellery and more often than not, barely any jewellery on a daily basis. This stunning piece doesn't even have to be a ginormous stone, just something unique / bespoke with superb detailed craftmanship and design.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have to go with 10, because I love variety but want things to be good quality.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ten!

I get bored with one piece! Plus I genuinely love most of the stuff I have so I wouldn't replace it with "one piece to rule them all" because I don't think I've found that one piece that I'd be willing to give up everything for.

Take my jade bangles. They are not perfect but I love the variation between them and change them quite regularly so definitely need more than one.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of jewellery, but only really wear Bella and Marilyn on a daily basis, so I voted for 1 stunning piece.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a hard time with this question. I had been regretting buying a few dozen meh pieces over the years. Not costume, but chain store items that I find for < $100 and a few for < $500 on clearance or whatever. Pretty, but nothing fancy. Realistically, enough $$$ that I could easily have had 2-3 nice pieces. Now I am not sure what I want or what I would wear. My beautiful pendant that I designed with the jeweler fell off and is still missing. Likely at a grocery store. No hint of it anywhere. I'm having a hard time wanting to wear my other couple of nice pieces because I love them so much I don't want to lose them. (One I wore for our wedding.) Then I can't decide what of my meh pieces to wear and can't decide if I feel like wearing it or not. Trying to sort through a tangle of emotions and things.

So, I can imagine any of those answers depending on my mood at the time. One stunning piece to wear and never have to take off would be great. 10 pieces of nice stuff to rotate through and swap up depending on what I was wearing or what I was doing would be practical and allow some fun changes. 50 costume pieces that are just fun and inexpensive enough to just wear without worrying about has an appeal too. I feel like I will probably settle into some combination of those last two. Maybe 5 nice pieces and 25 inexpensive/costume pieces?

(Yes, we can afford to replace the pendant if I choose to. It wasn't $$$$$. It is just that it was special for me and that it could so easily just disappear and never be seen again is hard.)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to think about this overnight and now that I've cast my vote (I'm the 1 who needs 50 pieces) I'm still not sure.

They don't include my wedding set so that's good, and there's no price limit implied, so that's good.

On a daily basis I normally wear my 0.70tcw something studs, which I realise I might now need to give up if I'm held to this poll, but also -
gold ball studs or gold skulls in second piercing
silver bangle bracelet - I have two I swap between
ombre gemstone bead necklace, often layered with a gold chain
big turquoise ring on my right hand

I like the variety that my turquoise and Native and First Nations jewellery has. I want to only want 10 pieces but I'd get bored so quickly and end up buying more. I really want a Tiffany bone cuff (it's silver so I'm sure it counts as "costume"). And a turquoise pave pendant. And little star studs with diamonds and and and
There's so much you can do with non-fine jewellery, more variety, that I realised that having 10 pieces would be like only getting to wear neutral clothes when I'm really into bright colours. I'll take 50 (more please!) of "costume".

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I had to think about this overnight and now that I've cast my vote (I'm the 1 who needs 50 pieces) I'm still not sure.

They don't include my wedding set so that's good, and there's no price limit implied, so that's good.

On a daily basis I normally wear my 0.70tcw something studs, which I realise I might now need to give up if I'm held to this poll, but also -
gold ball studs or gold skulls in second piercing
silver bangle bracelet - I have two I swap between
ombre gemstone bead necklace, often layered with a gold chain
big turquoise ring on my right hand

I like the variety that my turquoise and Native and First Nations jewellery has. I want to only want 10 pieces but I'd get bored so quickly and end up buying more. I really want a Tiffany bone cuff (it's silver so I'm sure it counts as "costume"). And a turquoise pave pendant. And little star studs with diamonds and and and
There's so much you can do with non-fine jewellery, more variety, that I realised that having 10 pieces would be like only getting to wear neutral clothes when I'm really into bright colours. I'll take 50 (more please!) of "costume".

Yay! Finally someone picked the fifty pieces. :)

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
10 nice pieces, please! :lol: I have 3 daughters to pass them down to!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Why only ten nice pieces? Seems a bit restrictive to me...

My wife has at least two dozen nice pieces and I still have nearly ten that I own. I keep selling some of my treasures, or I would have more than ten.

My granddaughters are going to be very blessed someday after their mothers finish wearing what Resa and I leave to the next generation...

;)2

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

My wife has at least two dozen nice pieces and I still have nearly ten that I own. I keep selling some of my treasures, or I would have more than ten.

My granddaughters are going to be very blessed someday after their mothers finish wearing what Resa and I leave to the next generation...

;)2

I agree. I realized my mistake too late. I am not sure I want to know exactly how many nice pieces I really have though. :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

;)2

Ooops...my answer was on how I like to spend my being budget "relatively speaking" as opposed to a fixed number of items.

I couldn't limit my collection to 10 pieces...not sure I could even do 50

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm having a hard time with this question. I had been regretting buying a few dozen meh pieces over the years. Not costume, but chain store items that I find for < $100 and a few for < $500 on clearance or whatever. Pretty, but nothing fancy. Realistically, enough $$$ that I could easily have had 2-3 nice pieces. Now I am not sure what I want or what I would wear. My beautiful pendant that I designed with the jeweler fell off and is still missing. Likely at a grocery store. No hint of it anywhere. I'm having a hard time wanting to wear my other couple of nice pieces because I love them so much I don't want to lose them. (One I wore for our wedding.) Then I can't decide what of my meh pieces to wear and can't decide if I feel like wearing it or not. Trying to sort through a tangle of emotions and things.

So, I can imagine any of those answers depending on my mood at the time. One stunning piece to wear and never have to take off would be great. 10 pieces of nice stuff to rotate through and swap up depending on what I was wearing or what I was doing would be practical and allow some fun changes. 50 costume pieces that are just fun and inexpensive enough to just wear without worrying about has an appeal too. I feel like I will probably settle into some combination of those last two. Maybe 5 nice pieces and 25 inexpensive/costume pieces?

(Yes, we can afford to replace the pendant if I choose to. It wasn't $$$$$. It is just that it was special for me and that it could so easily just disappear and never be seen again is hard.)

im so sorry to hear you lost your pendent
i hope it turns up in the car or down the back of the couch

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought about this a lot (had / have a nice budget to spend) . Ultimately where would I wear the tiara???
So I'm currently hunting for an antique cluster ring + a bracelet ( antique? Cartier juc RG ? Tennis? Can't make up my mind)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have between 200-300 lower-priced pieces of fine jewelry. A typical example would be a pair of large 14k rose-gold knot earrings that I bought years ago for approx. $250. I also have about 40 pieces in the $600-$1500 range. My most expensive pieces would be my old e-ring, my diamond necklace, and my diamond studs, all worth approx. $4-5k, but those ae definitely the exception, not the rule.

So basically my collection is the opposite to many here. That is, it's many, many pieces and not much that's really expensive. I have found that over a price range of $1,000, I don't get commensurately more enjoyment, and I get a LOT of enjoyment out of lower-priced items. In other words, I've often found that the bulk of the enjoyment is concentrated in the first couple of hundred-to-one-thousand dollars.

I also have a large collection of silver jewelry, a large collection of Swarovski, and some seriously fun CZ fakes that look amazing.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having such an enormous jewelry wardrobe to choose from. I have something for every occasion, from being inside a glacier to attending a horse show (I never attend horse shows, but you never know). And some of my favorite pieces are on the lower price end.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im thinking about the 50 pieces
but nice pieces mind
i really love silver and would like some more silver pieces
i know some here view stirling silver as not fine jewlery

althougj i regret some of my mall pieces i do still love some of them and they are mostly 9-10 carrot
ive had a lot of fun with $1000 and i have a number of rings that cost $999 ( yes i know, ripped off down the mall)

10 fine pieces are not enough - sounds like a capsule kind of thing - i have 3 pairs of ear piercings so that would only leave 7 other pieces and i love my 18 carrot inherited pieces (nicer quality that the mall but small by PS standards)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely choose 50 stunning pieces! Why isn't that an option? Lol!

... because we are not Oprah or Jeff Bezos. :cry2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
im thinking about the 50 pieces
but nice pieces mind
i really love silver and would like some more silver pieces
i know some here view stirling silver as not fine jewlery

althougj i regret some of my mall pieces i do still love some of them and they are mostly 9-10 carrot
ive had a lot of fun with $1000 and i have a number of rings that cost $999 ( yes i know, ripped off down the mall)

10 fine pieces are not enough - sounds like a capsule kind of thing - i have 3 pairs of ear piercings so that would only leave 7 other pieces and i love my 18 carrot inherited pieces (nicer quality that the mall but small by PS standards)

I am not getting this pricescope thing of referring to silver jewellery as costume. To me it’s semi precious jewellery at the least. Lots of fine Victorian and Georgian pieces feature silver as platinum had not been discovered. Now admittedly for years I was in the gold and platinum camp but I realised I was missing out. I now wear an inherited silver bangle all the time and a Victorian silver anchor brooch has become a favourite.
So in short get yourself some more silver Daisy!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have between 200-300 lower-priced pieces of fine jewelry. A typical example would be a pair of large 14k rose-gold knot earrings that I bought years ago for approx. $250. I also have about 40 pieces in the $600-$1500 range. My most expensive pieces would be my old e-ring, my diamond necklace, and my diamond studs, all worth approx. $4-5k, but those ae definitely the exception, not the rule.

So basically my collection is the opposite to many here. That is, it's many, many pieces and not much that's really expensive. I have found that over a price range of $1,000, I don't get commensurately more enjoyment, and I get a LOT of enjoyment out of lower-priced items. In other words, I've often found that the bulk of the enjoyment is concentrated in the first couple of hundred-to-one-thousand dollars.

I also have a large collection of silver jewelry, a large collection of Swarovski, and some seriously fun CZ fakes that look amazing.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having such an enormous jewelry wardrobe to choose from. I have something for every occasion, from being inside a glacier to attending a horse show (I never attend horse shows, but you never know). And some of my favorite pieces are on the lower price end.

I would like to know what options you have for the horse show? All sorts of things are running through my head! Do you have a box full of equestrian inspired pieces, the mind boggles!

I am in the 10 fine pieces camp but my Mum is the same as you, she loves her bling and has many beautiful pieces for under a $1000. Your logic makes perfect sense! would love to see a photo of your collection Jambalaya!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One stunning piece since I don't wear a lot of jewellery and more often than not, barely any jewellery on a daily basis. This stunning piece doesn't even have to be a ginormous stone, just something unique / bespoke with superb detailed craftmanship and design.

Oh gosh. Your stuff is SO beautiful--I wish you'd wear it more!!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty much describes my collection as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results