shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love to see your fur-babies... please post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 3:54:40 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
He''s 17.1 hh and about 1275lbs.... HUGE. lol He is a 97 model and I have had him simce he was 3 yrs.
That is one large paint! I''m a big fan of the 17+hh guys. You''re so lucky to have been able to bring him up and train him since he was a young guy.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 1:54:22 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 11/13/2008 1:49:13 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 11/13/2008 10:21:25 AM

Date: 11/12/2008 3:34:28 PM
I have to pop in and say that this has quickly turned into one of my favorite threads. I''m currently dying to get a puppy, but it won''t happen until my work schedule changes
39.gif
... so I''ll have to oo and ahh over all of your adorable dogs!
9.gif
I''m not even a cat person, but some of you have adorable kitties as well.

The horses are also gorgeous. Emm, Red has such a beautiful face! What kind of riding do you do? (I see an English saddle there I think) I rode jumpers for a long time and played a little polo and I can''t wait for the day I can get a horse of my own. We''ve talked about how cheap boarding is where you live ... I may just have to move down there some day
2.gif

IWPO, what''s your horse''s name? He''s stunning. He does look big for a paint, but I rode a 17+ hand guy for 6 years, so I don''t even remember what an average size horse looks like ... haha. Anything above 16hh seems normal to me now. What kind of riding do you do? My only foray into Western riding was a barrel riding lesson I took once and it was a blast.

My only furbabies are gerbils ... what can I say, I needed pets that could be left alone for days at a time.
1.gif
Maybe I''ll post a picture of them when I get home. I think they''re pretty adorable.
Thanks, El! He''s such a ham for the camera!
9.gif

I ride hunt seat, and I also teach hunt seat lessons. Polo sounds like fun, though! I''ve always wanted to give that a try!
21.gif

ETA: Your gerbils are PRECIOUS!!!
30.gif

Polo is a ton of fun! I played indoor, so it''s like hockey on horseback. I''m not very good ... but that doesn''t make it any less fun!

And thanks, I think my gerbils are pretty darn cute too
9.gif
Wow, I never knew there was such a thing as indoor polo! That''s awesome! And the ''hockey on horseback'' analogy is a good one . . . DH looooves hockey (he''s a Penguins fan), so maybe I can talk him into playing polo with me sometime!!!
31.gif

Go Penguins! I grew up in Pittsburgh, so I''m a bit of a fan. I can''t say I follow it that closely on tv ... but I love going to live hockey games (mostly college games, but I''d go to more Penguins games if they weren''t so darn expensive).

Indoor polo is a lot like hockey because it involves checking your opponent as hard as you can, one of my favorite parts
11.gif
Plus the ball is like a soccer ball the size of a grapefruit (maybe a bit bigger?) which is helpful because my hand-eye coordination is not good enough to hit a small outdoor ball from the back of a gaolloping horse
41.gif

I found a barn near me that offers indoor polo and provides horses for a fee, so they''re out there. You should look around your area and see if you can find anything. I know Valley Forge Military Academy has a pretty good college team, so they might offer stuff to adults like my college did (not sure how close that is to you ... my eastern PA geography isn''t very good). Some places offer polo-crosse which I''ve heard is very fun though I''ve never tried it.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 1:54:44 PM
Author: steph72276
Here is our pup, Bailey. She is 5 years old now and is a tan and white beagle
1.gif
Adorable!!! Beagles are the sweetest and happiest dogs and I love the tan and white color.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 4:49:06 PM
Date: 11/13/2008 1:54:44 PM

Author: steph72276

Here is our pup, Bailey. She is 5 years old now and is a tan and white beagle
1.gif

Adorable!!! Beagles are the sweetest and happiest dogs and I love the tan and white color.

Thank you! We think she is pretty lovable
2.gif

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my little Marley
30.gif
He''s a 3 year old black lab mix. FF and I adopted him from the local humane society when he was about 5 months old. He''s the funniest dog... I''ve never had a dog that sighs as much as he does. He also snores REALLY loud and burps a lot!
3.gif

mylilangel.jpg

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
He loves playing in water..but runs as soon as you say the word bath lol.

sprinklersquint.jpg

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
And this is what he does most of the day...
24.gif

lazydoggy.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
amber_312, sorry just saw your post.

The two cats pictured together are Bengals - one spotted and one marbled. The other cat is our 2 yr. old F2 Savannah. She''s so funny... kind of like half cat/half dog. She prefers lying sprawled out on the floor to perching up high on a counter or cabinet, she dug up the carpet in our 2nd bedroom when she was younger (bad kitty!) and loves to play in the bathtub with her toys... when it''s filled with about 8" of water!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I really enjoy this thread. All your babies are very cute.

Lisa, your dog is funny.

clop

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Everyone''s babes are adorable! Here''s mine doing what he does best

nappingb.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
AAWWW...I love EVERYONE'S posts!!! Your babies are sooo sweet!! I want to cuddle ALL of them!!! LOL I have to admit I'm partial to kitties myself, but always grew up with dogs. Anyway, here are my two babies...both of which I've had since 2002.

This is DeLorean. He's a 7 year old Seal point Siamese and I got him similar to another story on this thread...I was driving home late one night and almost ran him over!! He had no collar or identification and he was just so scared and sweet when I pulled over (thinking I had hit him) and he actually CAME TO ME when I called to see if he was okay, and just jumped into my car! So, after putting an ad in the newspaper's lost & found and hearing nothing, I decided to keep him. :) His name is in ode to my favorite movie at the time: Back to the Future. Of course, he's gotten A LOT of other names since then. One that has stuck is "Little Bear" because he's been 22 pounds forever (though now finally down to 19!), and he looks just like a black bear cub!! :)

dellydo.jpg
beautifulblues.jpg

Deloreansitting4.jpg
(he's just so funny when he sits like this)

And this is Bouncer. He's 8 years old and he's a mix (his coloring is more accurate in the first photo). I got him because I wanted a companion for DeLorean and I found an ad in the newspaper in the town my then-boyfriend, now-fiance was living in. Anyway, I called the guy up, went to see him and fell in love with him...and took him home that night! I guess the guy (or someone from his local shelter) found the poor little guy living in an alley or something in and out of garbage cans to survive.
7.gif
He was so scared and skittish when I first got him, and although he's still a bit skittish, he's soo much better than before!! :) (He actual didn't freak out at ALL when he went to the vet this summer, although he did pee in his carrier on the way home. LOL) And, his name really fits since he literally BOUNCES sometimes...it's more like a jump, but sometimes they're SO gigantic that I swear he can fly. LOL!!

awwbounce.jpg
brighteyes.jpg

bouncetree1.jpg
(if i could fit under a christmas tree, i'm sure i would, too ;-) )

So sorry I've given you a long post about them...but they're like children to me (no, I don't have any actual children yet..LOL)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 4:42:01 PM

Date: 11/13/2008 3:54:40 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
He''s 17.1 hh and about 1275lbs.... HUGE. lol He is a 97 model and I have had him simce he was 3 yrs.
That is one large paint! I''m a big fan of the 17+hh guys. You''re so lucky to have been able to bring him up and train him since he was a young guy.
How fantastic to have such a large and beautiful horse! I am 5''8" as well and for some reason, I always got stuck riding 15-16HH horses and I always felt strange. Then my instructor bought a 17HH+ warmblood, which I was able to ride in her lessons and I was in heaven.

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
Here''s my baby, Jackson. He''s a long-haired mini daschund, chocolate and tan.

phptvJbvOPMjax.jpg

jbazz

Rough_Rock
I had an afghan hound for many years until she passed, her name was gracie. In the photo she is begging for attention. I was in bed, playing with my laptop when she hopped up and laid her nose across my keyboard. How could I resist giving her some love?

I miss her dearly. Her and I went thru an aweful lot together. She was nursing a broken pelvis when I was diagnosed with heart failure.

gracieibook.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww! Everyone''s babies are SO cute!
face23.gif

Keep ''em coming!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s our latest furbaby. We just got him on Saturday. He''s a 3mo old chow chow and his name is D.O.G. (DeeOhGee)

DOG Domenico 1.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one

DOG Domenico 2.JPG

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my baby girl. We adopted her when she was 6 weeks old and she just turned 5 this past July!

Her name is Isabel. After hurricane Isabel. Haha. When we first got her she was a complete terror (hence the name!) but she''s getting quite lovable in her old age (haha). She sleeps with us EVERY night and has to be close to our faces which really is no fun for me b/c I itch and get all blotchy when she is in my face for a long period of time. But I deal with it b/c she''s my baby!

Other names include: Bel-Bel, Izzy, Iz, Bel-B (guess what that B stands for! lol) and the ever so funny Izzy Ma Nizzy!
3.gif

Iz.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2008 9:51:32 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Here''s our latest furbaby. We just got him on Saturday. He''s a 3mo old chow chow and his name is D.O.G. (DeeOhGee)
LOL! Hudson, my parents'' old neighbors had a dog with the same name! Too cute!
9.gif

Here are my babies from last night :) It''s a terrible picture from my iPhone with limited lighting, but you get the picture... they are in a clothes basket :)

awryb.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Lisamarie, your pup is adorable and I have to mention that your pictures are gorgeous. The colors are so vibrant and they look so clear! They look professional.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Louie, my beautiful tabby, always does this! It is the funnies thing I have ever seen. Me and my boyfriend just sit there and laugh. It''s from my phone, but you will def. get the idea. He is licking his belly!!!
6.gif
6.gif
4.gif
4.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

1227066990.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Check out Pearls as a pirate for Halloween!! Haha this picture kills me.

pearlspirateangry.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my other cat (she is 15!) with a frog my husband found outside! Jump frog, jump, while you can!
2.gif

froggykitty.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 10:17:47 AM
Date: 11/17/2008 9:51:32 AM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

LOL! Hudson, my parents'' old neighbors had a dog with the same name! Too cute!
9.gif

we used to have a shar pei with the same name but spelled diogie. really confused the veterinarian, haha!

here''s pictures of my kitties (well, technically, they''re my mom''s but i lived there when all of them were there, so i still claim them!). first, here''s zaleigh. i got her as a gift for my little sister a few months after one of our other cats passed away. she''s a humane society baby, and we call her the sausage because she looks like a fat little sausage link!

zaleigh.JPG

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
here''s gyrefalcon (my brother named him after a mech warrior game piece; it was that or "beer-battered fish stick" so we figured we could at least call him falcon! my brother''s goofy!). he''s also a humane society baby. when i went to get him, it was right before halloween, so they were giving me a hard time about wanting a black cat. the lady working bent over to pick up something she dropped, and he hopped on back, hopped over her and onto the book they use to keep the animals'' records on file, and started flipping the pages with his paw. we fought for him!
9.gif
he''s a little skittish with sudden movements or noises but is the sweetest thing, and he can jump from flat on the floor to level with my face! VERY athletic boy! we call him big man.

gyre.JPG

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
this is bentley, another humane society rescue. my friend adopted him but couldn''t keep him when she moved, so we got him. he was super-afraid of people at first, but now he''s mr. social butterfly and gets in the middle of everything. when you talk to him, he turns his head all the way sideways and does this tiny little meow, which is hilarious because he''s HUGE...the coffee table he''s sitting under in this picture comes up above my knees, and he fills the space!

bentleytkitty.JPG

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
this is melvin. mom went to take gyre and bentley to the vet one day for a checkup, and melvin and his sister, minga, were in a cage in the office. the vet conned mom into bringing both of them home--he knew my mom couldn''t stand seeing two little kittens in a cage! both of them are getting gigantic already, and they''re not even a year old yet. needless to say, melvin likes sleeping on the bed, and if he thinks you''re taking up too much space, he''ll kick you to get you to move over, haha!

melvin.JPG

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
last one, i swear! this is minga (same pic as my avatar but without the santa hat). she''s our resident trouble-maker and has recently taken to climbing things she shouldn''t, like the shower curtain. if you get after her for it, she just tries to do the same thing again but in warp speed so she can accomplish her mission before you can catch her. the cats have a baskey full of kitty toys that stays stashed in the corner; minga is the one who has to dig out at least five toys at one time to play with. she''s a hooligan, but she''s very sweet and at least she keeps us amused!

minga.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results