shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love to see your fur-babies... please post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is Leo. He is my biggest baby. He was a stray that we found and took in. He weighs 17 lbs and is the biggest cat I have ever seen. Everybody swears he has Maine Coon in him. Who knows. But he is ALL muscle. My little line backer. *ETA this pic is from when we had first gotten him and he was so emaciated he was 11 lbs! I don't have any recent pics that show his whole body. Bad mommy.

Leoou3r.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is my reptilian baby. He is a red-eared slider and his name is Ronan. Here he is enjoying his turtle beach and basking in the "sunlight".

ronanbaby937.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love this thread. This is emmi, she is 6 yrs old and is such a cutie!
(I am not good in attaching pic, so I hope it works)

emmi1.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2008 11:54:52 PM
Author: portia
IWPO, how many hands is your paint? He's gorgeous!! What a beautiful coat!! I love Irishgrrrls chestnut, too! I'm so jealous of you girls!!! I used to have horses before I went off to college. They were my life... did the show circuit stuff... I was just completely immersed in it! It was my dream since childhood to have a horse. After college I couldn't afford it so just never got back into it (probably still couldn't afford it! LOL!!). I recently went riding with my cousin (first time in twenty years... yes 20!!! Yikes!!) and I had so much fun! I would love to start riding again.
Hi, Portia!
35.gif

I totally feel your pain! I've been riding since I was tiny, and I had always wanted my own horse. Red is my first horse, and I got him a little over two years ago . . . when I was 28! LOL!
9.gif

I took some time off from riding too, and I was miserable. I used to dream about riding, and I'd wake up with all of the same aches and pains you'd get after a good ride. I guess I must have been flexing those same muscles in my sleep! LOL! So, I have found that I just can't NOT ride! I think you should definitely get back into it . . . at least take a few lessons! I bet you'd have a great time!
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Irishgrrrl! That''s so funny to hear about waking up with aches and pains from riding in your dreams. I actually have had that happen but totally different hobby of mine that I was dreaming of... I''d wake up and tell my hubby I have throttle-foot again and he knew exactly what I was talking about. LOL! (story for another thread).

I think you''re right... just taking lessons for now would be great. I may look into that this spring.

Would love to see more horse pics!
36.gif

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Our five weeks old Picasso....

DSCF0708.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, all these furbabies are adorable!!!
36.gif

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Puppies, sleep like humans... How existential!!

existential.JPG

kaori

Shiny_Rock
In love and un-separatable...

DSCF0735.JPG

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Prove? French kiss....

DSCF0753.JPG

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Seasick or morning sickness? What did I say about boys?

DSCF0741.JPG

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Then comes Picasso.... Peek-a-poo...I found you...

DSCF0745.JPG

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 2:17:34 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
This is my second baby. Her name is Belinda, more commonly referred to as ''Beautiful Girl''. In retrospect we should have named her Elizabeth Taylor. She''s a very special personality. She''s a Seal point Birman.
All of your cats are gorgeous, but I am especially in l
30.gif
ve with Belinda!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 5:23:59 PM
Author: amber_312

Date: 11/10/2008 10:33:00 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
Here''s Butch aka Butchie. When I first met Butch, he was straight off the track. I immediately named him Willie because his fur was so slick. I proceeded to call him Willie for several months, but it never really took. One day, we looked up his track name, which was Bello Butch, and called him Butch. He responded immediately! He was at the track for nearly five years because he was a very successful racer. He''s a very sweet boy, and a total momma''s boy! So sweet.

Loves_vintage, Butch is my dream pet!! He has such a sweet little face! You must be a proud parent.

If I ever stop traveling for my job, the first thing I wanna do is adopt a retired greyhound.
1.gif
Awww, Amber, that''s greyt that you''ll adopt a GH one day! Chances are you have a greyhound rescue group nearby. We have four groups in our small state, and we don''t even have racing here any longer!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
AWWW!! I am so loving all the pictures!

Just an updated version of Vicki and Max (THE SHRINER)...

SSCN1033.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I have to pop in and say that this has quickly turned into one of my favorite threads. I'm currently dying to get a puppy, but it won't happen until my work schedule changes
39.gif
... so I'll have to oo and ahh over all of your adorable dogs!
9.gif
I'm not even a cat person, but some of you have adorable kitties as well.

The horses are also gorgeous. Emm, Red has such a beautiful face! What kind of riding do you do? (I see an English saddle there I think) I rode jumpers for a long time and played a little polo and I can't wait for the day I can get a horse of my own. We've talked about how cheap boarding is where you live ... I may just have to move down there some day
2.gif

IWPO, what's your horse's name? He's stunning. He does look big for a paint, but I rode a 17+ hand guy for 6 years, so I don't even remember what an average size horse looks like ... haha. Anything above 16hh seems normal to me now. What kind of riding do you do? My only foray into Western riding was a barrel riding lesson I took once and it was a blast.

My only furbabies are gerbils ... what can I say, I needed pets that could be left alone for days at a time.
1.gif
Maybe I'll post a picture of them when I get home. I think they're pretty adorable.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Loves Vintage! Belinda is a truly beautiful cat. Every time I see her I just want to pick her up and squeeze her. Most of the time I refrain.
27.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love everyone''s babies - so cute!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And red faery - I am also partial to Miss Belinda, perhaps because she looks a bit like my Ollie cat (pictures in the Ragdoll thread)

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one of my Lhasa Apso, Maddie. She''s 12 years old, and she''s still as spunky as when she was a puppy.

MaddieLhasa.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
And, here''s my Shetland Sheepdog, Sarah. She''s the sweetest dog that ever lived! She''ll be 11 years old in a couple of weeks.

SarahSheltie.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here are my gerbils, as promised. The white one is Rory, the medium brown one is Oliver, and the dark one is Sebastian - all brothers a little more than 2 years old (though Sebastian is not from the same litter as the other two). Oliver passed away a few months ago, unfortunately
8.gif
. Seb and Rory then decided that they hated each other and I had to put them into separate cage, so I won't be getting any cute cuddling pictures anymore (which still boggles me, because gerbils are normally very social and love having a buddy; I'll never figure out why they decided to hate each other after 2 years of living together).

Also, I took this pic when they were still babies, so they're now much bigger and (in Sebastian's case) chubbier. I can't have a home without some sort of pet, so these little guys keep me company until I'm in a position to get a dog. FI suprised me the other day when he said he wanted to get more gerbils when these ones are gone ... their personalities kind of grew on him I think.
1.gif

lf gerbils1.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2008 3:34:28 PM
Author: elrohwen
I have to pop in and say that this has quickly turned into one of my favorite threads. I'm currently dying to get a puppy, but it won't happen until my work schedule changes
39.gif
... so I'll have to oo and ahh over all of your adorable dogs!
9.gif
I'm not even a cat person, but some of you have adorable kitties as well.

The horses are also gorgeous. Emm, Red has such a beautiful face! What kind of riding do you do? (I see an English saddle there I think) I rode jumpers for a long time and played a little polo and I can't wait for the day I can get a horse of my own. We've talked about how cheap boarding is where you live ... I may just have to move down there some day
2.gif

IWPO, what's your horse's name? He's stunning. He does look big for a paint, but I rode a 17+ hand guy for 6 years, so I don't even remember what an average size horse looks like ... haha. Anything above 16hh seems normal to me now. What kind of riding do you do? My only foray into Western riding was a barrel riding lesson I took once and it was a blast.

My only furbabies are gerbils ... what can I say, I needed pets that could be left alone for days at a time.
1.gif
Maybe I'll post a picture of them when I get home. I think they're pretty adorable.
Thanks, El! He's such a ham for the camera!
9.gif

I ride hunt seat, and I also teach hunt seat lessons. Polo sounds like fun, though! I've always wanted to give that a try!
21.gif

ETA: Your gerbils are PRECIOUS!!!
30.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 2:21:01 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
This is my reptilian baby. He is a red-eared slider and his name is Ronan. Here he is enjoying his turtle beach and basking in the ''sunlight''.

omg, your baby is ADORABLE!!!

1.gif

would love to see more pics if you''ve got ''em.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:30:02 PM
Date: 11/10/2008 5:23:59 PM

Author: amber_312

Date: 11/10/2008 10:33:00 AM

Here''s Butch aka Butchie. When I first met Butch, he was straight off the track. I immediately named him Willie because his fur was so slick. I proceeded to call him Willie for several months, but it never really took. One day, we looked up his track name, which was Bello Butch, and called him Butch. He responded immediately! He was at the track for nearly five years because he was a very successful racer. He''s a very sweet boy, and a total momma''s boy! So sweet.

Loves_vintage, Butch is my dream pet!! He has such a sweet little face! You must be a proud parent.

If I ever stop traveling for my job, the first thing I wanna do is adopt a retired greyhound.

1.gif

Awww, Amber, that''s greyt that you''ll adopt a GH one day! Chances are you have a greyhound rescue group nearby. We have four groups in our small state, and we don''t even have racing here any longer!

yes, we do! it''s just a matter of time.
36.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 11:31:44 PM
Author: portia
Awww, everyone''s babies are so cute!!!! Here''s ours... Ghengis and Haley sleeping together...

Portia, your cats are beeeeauuutiful! what breed are they?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 10:21:25 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

I have to pop in and say that this has quickly turned into one of my favorite threads. I''m currently dying to get a puppy, but it won''t happen until my work schedule changes
39.gif
... so I''ll have to oo and ahh over all of your adorable dogs!
9.gif
I''m not even a cat person, but some of you have adorable kitties as well.

The horses are also gorgeous. Emm, Red has such a beautiful face! What kind of riding do you do? (I see an English saddle there I think) I rode jumpers for a long time and played a little polo and I can''t wait for the day I can get a horse of my own. We''ve talked about how cheap boarding is where you live ... I may just have to move down there some day
2.gif

IWPO, what''s your horse''s name? He''s stunning. He does look big for a paint, but I rode a 17+ hand guy for 6 years, so I don''t even remember what an average size horse looks like ... haha. Anything above 16hh seems normal to me now. What kind of riding do you do? My only foray into Western riding was a barrel riding lesson I took once and it was a blast.

1.gif
Maybe I''ll post a picture of them when I get home. I think they''re pretty adorable.
Thanks, El! He''s such a ham for the camera!
9.gif

I ride hunt seat, and I also teach hunt seat lessons. Polo sounds like fun, though! I''ve always wanted to give that a try!
21.gif

30.gif

Polo is a ton of fun! I played indoor, so it''s like hockey on horseback. I''m not very good ... but that doesn''t make it any less fun!

And thanks, I think my gerbils are pretty darn cute too
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 1:49:13 PM

Date: 11/13/2008 10:21:25 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

I have to pop in and say that this has quickly turned into one of my favorite threads. I''m currently dying to get a puppy, but it won''t happen until my work schedule changes
39.gif
... so I''ll have to oo and ahh over all of your adorable dogs!
9.gif
I''m not even a cat person, but some of you have adorable kitties as well.

The horses are also gorgeous. Emm, Red has such a beautiful face! What kind of riding do you do? (I see an English saddle there I think) I rode jumpers for a long time and played a little polo and I can''t wait for the day I can get a horse of my own. We''ve talked about how cheap boarding is where you live ... I may just have to move down there some day
2.gif

IWPO, what''s your horse''s name? He''s stunning. He does look big for a paint, but I rode a 17+ hand guy for 6 years, so I don''t even remember what an average size horse looks like ... haha. Anything above 16hh seems normal to me now. What kind of riding do you do? My only foray into Western riding was a barrel riding lesson I took once and it was a blast.

1.gif
Maybe I''ll post a picture of them when I get home. I think they''re pretty adorable.
Thanks, El! He''s such a ham for the camera!
9.gif

I ride hunt seat, and I also teach hunt seat lessons. Polo sounds like fun, though! I''ve always wanted to give that a try!
21.gif

30.gif

Polo is a ton of fun! I played indoor, so it''s like hockey on horseback. I''m not very good ... but that doesn''t make it any less fun!

And thanks, I think my gerbils are pretty darn cute too
9.gif
Wow, I never knew there was such a thing as indoor polo! That''s awesome! And the "hockey on horseback" analogy is a good one . . . DH looooves hockey (he''s a Penguins fan), so maybe I can talk him into playing polo with me sometime!!!
31.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Here is our pup, Bailey. She is 5 years old now and is a tan and white beagle
1.gif

bailey1.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
He''s 17.1 hh and about 1275lbs.... HUGE. lol He is a 97 model and I have had him simce he was 3 yrs.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 3:54:40 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
He''s 17.1 hh and about 1275lbs.... HUGE. lol He is a 97 model and I have had him simce he was 3 yrs.
WOW, he''s a big boy!!!
23.gif

Red is 16.2 hands and about 1150 pounds, and he''s a ''91. Your boy is just a baby compared to mine! LOL!
9.gif

Red just had his teeth floated and his sheath cleaned yesterday, so I''m SURE I''ll be getting the "stink eye" when I go to the barn tonight! The grumpy old man!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results