carat
color
clarity

WOMEN!! (c''mon gals, fess up....)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:14:11 PM
Author: lizzyann01

''her hair is all over the bathroom (worse right after the pregnancy) and for some reason ends up stuck to the shower wall. I have asked her about this and she says that it is because when she washes her hair, it gets stuck to her fingers, so the only way to get it off is to stick it to the wall. I refuse to clean this and make her do it!''

"Oh man, that happens to you too? Isn''t it the worst to have your eyes shut while you are washing your face and then freak out because you think there''s a huge spider crawling on your leg when really it''s just her hair?"

9.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
oh, one more...

"I''ll ask my wife something and she''ll say ''what?'' but then answer my question. Why does she bother asking ''what'' if she obviously heard my question. So annoying"

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:18:29 PM
Author: fiery

''her hair is all over the bathroom (worse right after the pregnancy) and for some reason ends up stuck to the shower wall. I have asked her about this and she says that it is because when she washes her hair, it gets stuck to her fingers, so the only way to get it off is to stick it to the wall. I refuse to clean this and make her do it!''

''Oh man, that happens to you too? Isn''t it the worst to have your eyes shut while you are washing your face and then freak out because you think there''s a huge spider crawling on your leg when really it''s just her hair?''

9.gif
Um, what would they rather have...a wall full of hair or have it go down the drain and then have us nag them to unclog it?

(guilty wall hair splayer here....)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
fiery, oh yah, it is a major flaw of mine. Hair on the shower wall dates back to when I was a teenager, my mom used to get annoyed too.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

''Oh man, that happens to you too? Isn''t it the worst to have your eyes shut while you are washing your face and then freak out because you think there''s a huge spider crawling on your leg when really it''s just her hair?''

9.gif
"Great, I''m not the only one that has to suffer through this! Princesss not only pastes her hair to the shower wall, she swirls it around until it looks like a nest and just leaves it there because ''It''s easier to clean that way.'' Last I checked, she never cleans it, so how would she know???"

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
HA! Princesss, I often do the same thing!!!! Happy to know I''m not the only weirdo out there!!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:19:41 PM
oh, one more...

''I''ll ask my wife something and she''ll say ''what?'' but then answer my question. Why does she bother asking ''what'' if she obviously heard my question. So annoying''

haha. I do this too. And it led me to another one.

"I tell her or make a statement about something, and she''ll say "yea" or acknowledge it. Then turn again, and make the same statement to me. Duh. That''s what I just said."

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:25:13 PM
HA! Princesss, I often do the same thing!!!! Happy to know I''m not the only weirdo out there!!!!

Me too!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:23:53 PM
Author: princesss

9.gif
''Great, I''m not the only one that has to suffer through this! Princesss not only pastes her hair to the shower wall, she swirls it around until it looks like a nest and just leaves it there because ''It''s easier to clean that way.'' Last I checked, she never cleans it, so how would she know???''
"This one time, I collected all of the hair on the wall, put it on a napkin, and then put it on her lap.

Don''t do that. It didn''t go over as well as I thought it would unless of course you enjoy someone collecting all of the socks, cups, paper plates, and mess you leave around the house and dumping it on your lap.

P.S. Why does she always have to one-up me?"

9.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I asked him.

He''ll get right back to you when the list is done.
9.gif

Some spoilers:
She never cleans or tidys up
she''s bone idle
she doesn''t get up before 8am unless the bed is on fire
she hasn''t changed a diaper in living memory (actually, I''m rather pleased about this one. They''re gross and he does it so much better than me bwahaha)
she doesn''t pull her weight financially, domestically or in any other way
she doesn''t remember birthdays, holidays, anniversaries or other significant dates (I sort of do, in the abstract, it''s just that I don''t realise that date is tomorrow or whatever...)
she gets bored easily
she''s clumsy and knocks over / breaks / spills stuff then pretends it hasn''t happened so I have to clear it up
she never does laundry (hello, we have a Laundry Fairy)
she wasn''t grateful when I baked cupcakes...

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
God. I just realised - he must love me a lot.
3.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Ha!!!! FIery, that is awesome!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Another one guilty of the hair on the shower wall, and I seriously thought I was a minority with that! Yay for the next time DH gets on my case about that one--I can just go, "DON''T JUDGE ME! I''M NOT ALONE IN THIS!!!!" Ya know, because THAT''S not overly dramatic at all...
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:36:34 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I asked him.

9.gif

Some spoilers:
she''s bone idle
she hasn''t changed a diaper in living memory (actually, I''m rather pleased about this one. They''re gross and he does it so much better than me bwahaha)
she doesn''t remember birthdays, holidays, anniversaries or other significant dates (I sort of do, in the abstract, it''s just that I don''t realise that date is tomorrow or whatever...)
she gets bored easily
she''s clumsy and knocks over / breaks / spills stuff then pretends it hasn''t happened so I have to clear it up
hahahahahahaha!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. She's incapable of watching a movie. She'll find some cool colour on the screen or start analysing what the characters are wearing - anything unrelated to the plot, which she'll blither about for a while before realising she has no idea what's going on and we have to pause it so I can summarise for her. And movies in movie theatres are a total waste - I once asked her how she liked it and got an in-depth rumination of why they always poured more butter on one side of the popcorn than the other.

2. She loses her chapstick a few hundred times a day and whines at me until I find it for her. And when I give it back she smiles sweetly and ten minutes later I hear "Daaaaviiiid... where's my chapstick?!

3. All glasses and mugs must go in the sink for rinsing, at once, after ten seconds of inattention. Whether you're finished or not. If I've got half a cup of soda on the table and she sees it, I know I'd better finish quickly 'cause if I get up it's a goner.

4. Somehow it's always my turn to clean the litterbox. I don't think she even knows where the scooper is, though she'd deny it vehemently if you asked.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I am not a neat freak, but it drives me crazy when DH or DD cannot put their dirty laundry in the hamper. They leave it all over the bathroom floor. I don''t pick up DD''s clothes, they stay there until she puts them in the hamper, but I drive DH crazy saying you were going past the hamper and you couldn''t throw the dirty clothes in there?

Also, (I''m on a roll!) once he opens the mail, I want him to make a decision to save or toss. He has a ton of mail on his side of the kitchen table and I take it off and put it on his nightstand. That drives him crazy. Him: The mail is not that important. I''ll read it and make a decision when I get the time.

I am not allowed into his closet, because I am apt to reorganize, but he has slacks stacked on the floor. Well at least it is his closet and I can close the door, Him: I know where everything is. All she wants to do is make me search for things when I already know where everything is.

I do not like to hold onto clutter and he will save everything. When he is out of town I will make the decision to throw this stuff away without telling him. To this day he doesn''t know it. I have a basement full of old dustbusters and tvs that don''t work. When I keep asking him to get rid of them he gets annoyed, Finally he took one tv to a recycling event and a bunch of other stuff when I broke down crying on how messy the basement was. Him: I might want to see if I can fix the darn thing, but it is not high on my priority list. All she wants to do is throw something out as soon as we stop using it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
She sheds a lot so at any given moment I have a random Missi hair stuck in my goatee or to the side of my head or hanging out of my mouth. How it gets there I don''t know. I tell her she sprays. She calls it marking her territory.

She freaks out about spiders. According to her, they are all Brown Recluses and all are plotting the spider revolution against her. She has radar for spiders in the house and if I don''t get rid of them immediately, she makes snarky comments that question my love for her and question if I will live to see the next day.

She puts her cold feet on me and her cold hands under my shirt and if I try to get away, she smiles and tells me it was in our marriage vows that I have to warm her extremities when they''re cold.

There are a lot of things in our wedding vows that SHE remembers hearing and I don''t.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She leaves coffee cups all over the house.

She leaves empty boxes in the pantry.

She ends discussions with the words "I''m just sayin..." because she absolutely must have the last word.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I asked him.

9.gif

Some spoilers:
she''s bone idle
she gets bored easily

23.gif

His results are in and I stand corrected.

The only thing I do that annoys him is leave the front door open for fresh air. Apparently, I''m going to attract fieldmice and I should be opening a window instead.

I realise that I need to keep my ''men'' list far, far from his line of vision at this point.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:26:23 PM

I asked him.

9.gif

Some spoilers:
she''s bone idle
she gets bored easily

23.gif

His results are in and I stand corrected.

The only thing I do that annoys him is leave the front door open for fresh air. Apparently, I''m going to attract fieldmice and I should be opening a window instead.

I realise that I need to keep my ''men'' list far, far from his line of vision at this point.
Oooh, you are so busted.

And you need to eat those salmon frosting cupcakes with a SMILE, missy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I realized I totally left off what Thing does that annoys me the MOST.

She cannot just say something once, or mention that something bothers her once. She has to repeat herself and really hammer the point home. I blame her family...her older sister just taught her a new saying: "If it''s worth saying once, it''s worth saying a hundred times!" Yeah, she really does say it a hundred times.
20.gif

12.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 12:41:18 PM
Author: Haven

- There are long dark brown hairs all over our house. I have to rod out our drains regularly. She sheds like a Newfoundland.
I loved your entire list, Haven, but this obviously made me laugh out loud.

My husband''s list would be variations on a familiar theme:

She''s BOSSY!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:23:53 PM
Author: princesss

''Great, I''m not the only one that has to suffer through this! Princesss not only pastes her hair to the shower wall, she swirls it around until it looks like a nest and just leaves it there because ''It''s easier to clean that way.'' Last I checked, she never cleans it, so how would she know???''

Haha...guilty.
I do the same thing and occasionally forget.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 4:04:57 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Date: 5/13/2010 12:41:18 PM
Author: Haven
- There are long dark brown hairs all over our house. I have to rod out our drains regularly. She sheds like a Newfoundland.
I loved your entire list, Haven, but this obviously made me laugh out loud.
My husband''s list would be variations on a familiar theme:
She''s BOSSY!!!
Haha--I actually thought of you when I chose to use "Newfoundland" in that example.

I love your theme, that''s funny.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband would say that that I'm nit-picky and too demanding at times (especially when I'm stressed/anxious).

He tells me occasionally that he *never* asks me to do anything, so he doesn't understand why I feel the need to *demand* that he do certain things. We could round and round with this one. He has no problem saying that he hates housework and he's not good at it. I have no problem saying too bad -- it needs to be done and I'm not the only one who lives here. He DOES help; I just wish it was more even.

He says that I have a very hard time relaxing and he finds that frustrating. My mind is always going. If we're watching a movie or something on TV, part of me is paying attention, while the other part is thinking about things I have to do for work or home.

I know there are other things but I can't think of them. Conveniently, perhaps!

ETA: I thought of another one. My husband gets so annoyed with me (joking around) when we're at a restaurant and I say that I don't want X (an appetizer, dessert, whatever). Well, the minute it arrives, I can't help myself and I take some of his. It's a bad habit, I know, and I don't do it to anyone else.

ETA2: Oh yeah, and he doesn't understand how I need to plan everything in advance. I'm *trying* to become more laid back, I really am.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:11:16 PM
Author: packrat

She puts her cold feet on me and her cold hands under my shirt and if I try to get away, she smiles and tells me it was in our marriage vows that I have to warm her extremities when they''re cold.

Haha I hope he actually puts that in our vows when we get married because I would LOVE to hold him to that. He is very patient of me warming extremities on his body, but I know he HATES it. It''s not my fault he''s so warm and cozy all the time...

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Oh also would you believe that in our relationship, HE is the one leaving hair on the walls of the shower. Granted their only a few inches long and it really doesn''t bother me that much but I just think its funny how many of your men would complain about that about all you ladies. If it ever starts to bug me I''ll just grab some hair from the drain and show him... I think he''d die on the spot. The guy is fearless with two exceptions: being unsteady at heights (i.e. ladder) and wet hair... he''s weird.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Radiantquest would complain about my memory.

He actually gets angry with me sometimes. He says that I do not remember anything. The thing is I remember stuff that seems important to me at the time. If it doesnt seem importnant I let it go. I dont bother memorizing information that seems to be importannt when there are so many things that are important that I need to remember. Then he swears that something was said or done and I KNOW that isnt true. He thinks he can sneak things in on me because I have a bad memory.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
She never gets the mail. It's right down the street, and she's going to her car anyway, but she is incapable of picking it up.

She's unable to get toilet paper for the bathrooms. Sure, she'll change the roll if there is a new one sitting right there, but is it really so hard to go to the basement to get more?

I know it's my job to take out the trash, but if she's home all day and it's so full she's smushing things down with the lid, why doesn't she just empty it? It's not that hard and the basement isn't that far away.

When she makes fajitas, it really annoys me when she doesn't get the orange bell peppers (obviously the best kind) or cut up the onion and pepper in small enough pieces. It just doesn't taste the same with large pieces of red or yellow pepper!

Oh, and she nitpicks the science or logic in movies I just want to enjoy. There is a time and place for nitpicking these things and that is Mythbusters! Every other show or movie should be taken at face value. Sometimes I do agree with her that particular shows are stupid, but I don't tell her that
41.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So I'm sure I have more than a few, but all I could get out of DH that he finds annoying is that he says I'm too loud when I brush my teeth??? Then I asked him which one out of us has never had a cavity and told him I must be doing something right
9.gif
. But when we get ready for bed, I'll check my email or something till he's out of the bathroom as not to annoy him....unless he's done one of the things I mentioned in the MEN thread and then I use my Sonic toothbrush and make sure I get really close to him while I brush happily away
11.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results