shape
carat
color
clarity

Will people stop making assumptions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DF- I cannot say anything nice, I typically will not post. But that is only because I am not "thick skinned" and don''t want to hurt anyone who is "thin skinned" like me.

p.s.-Diamondfan, I think I once wrote a year ago or so that I didn''t want a diamond as big as yours :) I think it was envy
27.gif
31.gif
I would happily take it and wear on special nights :) hehe

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, I do not even recall that! And no worries, I like ''em huge, but that is not what all people like, and it takes nothing from my love of my ring to hear that. Too bad you moved away, I could have shared it with you!!! I would not take it to heart if someone said something about it being too big or Tiffany''s being silly (and they have many times), because I am happy with it and at the end of the day that is all that matters. I also have seen some of the most lovely rings, which are not large, and I think they are so beautiful. I think as long as we know our own wants etc, our comments come from the right place.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Pandora has succinctly summarised the points relevant to her thread. She has also expressed a desire that her thread end sans pie. Please may we respect her wish? She has been a helpful member of our community, especially on the Coloured Stones forum. Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/5/2008 12:30:25 PM

Author:
Harriet

Pandora ... has also expressed a desire that her thread end sans pie. Please may we respect her wish? She has been a helpful member of our community, especially on the Coloured Stones forum.

Just because she is a goody-goody means we have to obey her? I thought this was a democracy. Oh, wait! I knew it wasn't. I learned it was a dictatorship by the owners and administrators back when Leonid and Irina were here. I think Irina put it something to the tune of, you can either be charming and courteous or you can get out of here ;-).

Just fooling around in the spirit of Independence Day in the United States. I believe in dictatorship by the owners of the website.

Deb
17.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,

I hope you were kidding with me. Didn''t you see my jest about Marks and Sparks bikkies earlier?

PS. Apparently, PS is neither a democracy nor a dictatorship. According to some, it''s run by a coven / an inside club / a clique / a cabal or what-have-you. ;-)

PS. It''s been a contentious few days. Let''s just enjoy the holiday!

Harriet, the non-goody-goody

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/5/2008 2:27:40 PM

Author:
Harriet

Deb,

I hope you were kidding with me.

Harriet, the non-goody-goody

Yup. I have a dry sense of humor, Harriet. It gets me in trouble. I make many fewer jokes now than I used to because I have come to realize that most people do not understand my brand of humor. I apologize. ;-)

I love ya, gal. You even got me to like huge diamonds.

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, Deb, Deb,
You needn''t have apologised! I love a dry sense of humour myself. Feel free to josh with me anytime.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DF- I agree 100%. I also hear the Tiffany comments all too often. Even though mine is 2nd hand, I would have bought it (of course, a smaller version) at the store. I have come to LOVE the customer service, and sorta like the blue box :)

You probably don''t remember my comment because it was posted in a thread about rings we personally thought were too big. HOWEVER, at Costa Mesa I saw a 7-8ct emerald cut (yesterday) and thought "that would look mighty fine on my hand!)
36.gif
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, must have missed that thread! And honestly, I can wear it, I really do not think it appears so big on me as I do not have tiny petite hands. A friend of mine tried my ring on and it looked like a ring pop on her hand, but she wears maybe a 4 or under. Meanwhile, her 4 carat looks great on her (I think it is a radiant) and suits her well.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 5:57:18 PM
Author: UCLABelle
DF- I agree 100%. I also hear the Tiffany comments all too often. Even though mine is 2nd hand, I would have bought it (of course, a smaller version) at the store. I have come to LOVE the customer service, and sorta like the blue box :)

You probably don''t remember my comment because it was posted in a thread about rings we personally thought were too big. HOWEVER, at Costa Mesa I saw a 7-8ct emerald cut (yesterday) and thought ''that would look mighty fine on my hand!)
36.gif
31.gif
What? What? Tiff''s at SCP has a 7-8 ct. Emerald cut????? *Miranda runs off to SCP tomorrow*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It says this in the Forum Policies...

Everyone who participates in this forum is "in it together", Treat others the way you wish to be treated. Don’t start flaming or personal attacks. One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your response before you post it.

Be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators. Please use the forum in good faith.

We need to stick to this. Respect for other users is so important. I think if an opinion is asked for then the poster should be willing to hear someone doesn''t like something about their ring or jewellery. I don''t agree with being nasty though. I don''t see that very often though.

As for the Queen Bee comments..... I don''t think I am a Queen Bee - I don''t have my own thread in Who''s Who.
9.gif
Mind you, I go on about my life so much I probably don''t need one.. everyone knows everything about me now!!

(That was a joke and I am not implying that anyone who does have a thread there is a Queen Bee!)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I hope we can be honest with each other without being unkind. We care about our rings and don't like to see them picked apart--at least I don't. I have seen some rings on SMTR that are not to my taste, but that is not the thread for critical comments, unless the OP specifically asks for them. There was a recent thread about choosing a ring. One of the rings had a peg head. My ring does, as well. I realize that the comments were not directed towards me, but they did feel unkind. From it looks "meh" to it's "awful," I don't think are helpful to the OP. According the comments I've read on this forum, I've done everything wrong in choosing my rings--again, not directed toward me, but through those giving general advice. I think we need to remember that we all have different tastes and try to respect that. My rings are beautiful and I do own that [tm Diamondfan]. These are things I try to remember when offering advice...

1. Not everyone wants a halo
2. Not everyone wants the thinnest band ever made
3. Not everyone wants the most elaborate and intricate design
4. Not everyone wants a lower color and clarity to get a larger stone

I support those that do desire these things and I support those who do not. We all have different priorities and should be respected for them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results