shape
carat
color
clarity

when it rains it pours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s been a long time without a message, Storm. How are things going?

AGBF
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 10:03:24 AM
Author: AGBF

AGBF

34.gif

Still having some problems with it but it is much better than it was.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 10:35:39 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 6/11/2009 10:03:24 AM

AGBF

34.gif

Still having some problems with it but it is much better than it was.
That again is excellent news!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Karl!
35.gif

Glad to hear that you''re doing a bit better!

Have you been watching the wild storms in CO?

Lori

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that you''re feeling a bit better Storm! Woohoo! Sending more prayers and dust that it keeps improving.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl,

So glad you are doing better. Still continue to rest though ok??

Linda

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Karl!
35.gif

How are you feeling today?

Lori

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 2:08:27 AM
Author: loriken214
Hi Karl!
35.gif

How are you feeling today?

Lori
Today is going to be one of those days.
But overall its getting better so cant complain to loud.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it is getting better Karl.
36.gif
36.gif
Just continue to rest, until it is completely gone though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is the leg now Karl?
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl, please let us know how you are feeling!!!!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 3:17:31 PM
Author: Linda W
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

panting in the heat, it is miserable here. 95 85% humidity.
asthma is nuts when outside so staying inside as much as I can.

Leg is swollen up from the weather it didn't do that before.
Otherwise it has been pretty good.
There is still some discoloration and the doc thinks it will take a long time to go away.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 3:22:02 PM

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Leg is swollen up from the weather it didn''t do that before.
There is still some discoloration and the doc thinks it will take a long time to go away.
take care of yourself, sorry your leg is swollen. hope you feel better soon and rest that leg.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl, I am sorry to hear that. Hot weather is awful for making legs swell, mine do the same thing.
14.gif
14.gif

You are still going to have to rest and elevate it.

Try some cold ice packs sweetheart, that helps with the swelling. Just use freezer bags with ice in them. That is what I do. It feels good and helps a lot.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2009 3:22:02 PM

35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Leg is swollen up from the weather it didn''t do that before.
I am sorry friend....I was hoping it would be better by now.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about all the troubles for you.
7.gif
Take some time and put that leg up to rest it for a while...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sounds miserable, but hopefully the worst is behind you. You''re still in our prayers!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you a HUGE hug. I am sorry, hoping the weather improves and that you feel better...
12.gif
Prayers outgoing.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Storm - I''m late to this thread, but I am sorry to hear about your DVT. I was diagnosed with DVT on June 9 and am just starting to be able to walk. My clot is below the knee in my left calf. I did the Lovenox 2x per day for 5 days and now I''m on Coumadin for a minimum of six months. Also have the wear the sexy compression stockings. I elevate the leg whenever I can and also heat it regularly and that seems to help the most.

I am so sorry to hear that this is something that you have been struggling with, and as I''ve found, it is not fun. I hope that you are back on your feet real soon. Take care PS friend.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

***readjusts the fan, turns up the air conditioner, hands stormy a cold drink***

get well soon, stormy.

{{{gentle hug}}}

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Karl!
35.gif

I''ve been wondering about you, too....are you caught up in the heat wave we''re having?

Lori

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, please stay inside and out of the heat. It''s been pretty miserable here and sounds like it''s not going to get any better for awhile. Stay inside where it''s cool and try and rest as much as possible.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Karl. How often are you obliged to go out? I know you have appointments with your doctor. I hope you are having groceries brought by a friend or family member or delivered by a store, since you obviously should not be walking in a store or carrying bags! What else is forcing you outside? I am assuming that you have air conditioning? Tell us more about what is going on there.

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 7:43:23 AM

I am so sorry, Karl. How often are you obliged to go out? I know you have appointments with your doctor. I hope you are having groceries brought by a friend or family member or delivered by a store, since you obviously should not be walking in a store or carrying bags! What else is forcing you outside? I am assuming that you have air conditioning? Tell us more about what is going on there.

Hugs,

AGBF

34.gif

Work mostly. some jobs I can't do remotely.
It depends on the day, might go a week without having on site work then have 3-4 days of all on site work.
Seems like the worse the weather the more calls I get. lol
Until this heat spell it was doing pretty good most days.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:41:06 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
Storm - I''m late to this thread, but I am sorry to hear about your DVT. I was diagnosed with DVT on June 9 and am just starting to be able to walk. My clot is below the knee in my left calf. I did the Lovenox 2x per day for 5 days and now I''m on Coumadin for a minimum of six months. Also have the wear the sexy compression stockings. I elevate the leg whenever I can and also heat it regularly and that seems to help the most.

I am so sorry to hear that this is something that you have been struggling with, and as I''ve found, it is not fun. I hope that you are back on your feet real soon. Take care PS friend.
yikes sorry to hear that!!
Be careful and get feeling better.
It can take a long time for it to clear up to the point it don''t effect walking.
Prayers are outgoing.

Where you able to trace it back to an injury or did it just appear?

lol on the sexy compression stockings comment, they are fugly!
I get a lot of questions when I am out and about in shorts around the apartment building.
What is shocking is how many people you run into who have had DVTs or know someone that did.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:04:32 PM
Hi Karl!
35.gif

I''ve been wondering about you, too....are you caught up in the heat wave we''re having?

Lori
Hi!!
35.gif

the heat wave stinks

How are you doing??

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:52:32 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 9:41:06 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007

yikes sorry to hear that!!
Be careful and get feeling better.
It can take a long time for it to clear up to the point it don''t effect walking.
Prayers are outgoing.

Where you able to trace it back to an injury or did it just appear?

lol on the sexy compression stockings comment, they are fugly!
I get a lot of questions when I am out and about in shorts around the apartment building.
What is shocking is how many people you run into who have had DVTs or know someone that did.
Thank you for the prayers Storm. I injured my calf about a week before the clot - from sitting in a chair while setting up a FB account of all things. It seemed to be getting better then one day I was getting ready for work and BAM! My whole calf knotted up and I couldn''t move it. Went to the doc that day, she ordered an ultrasound, got that done a few days later and that''s when they found it. I was taking hormonal birth control pills at the time and the docs are pretty sure that was a contributing factor.

I am still using crutches to get around, but my DH is going to get me a cane, as I really need to return to work on Monday. The doc released me to work for this week, but I wasn''t able to walk enough to go. I may look into getting physical therapy to see if that helps.

Keep us updated and I''m keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/25/2009 10:40:44 AM

Date:
6/25/2009 7:43:23 AM

Hugs,

AGBF

Work mostly. some jobs I can't do remotely.
It depends on the day, might go a week without having on site work then have 3-4 days of all on site work.
Seems like the worse the weather the more calls I get. lol
Until this heat spell it was doing pretty good most days.

I didn't think you were walking around on that leg, Karl. I am actually shocked that you are going to work on it. Does the doctor know? Isn't being on your feet completely prohibited or am I off-base? I thought you were on bed rest!

AGBF
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 7:11:24 PM

I didn''t think you were walking around on that leg, Karl. I am actually shocked that you are going to work on it. Does the doctor know? Isn''t being on your feet completely prohibited or am I off-base? I thought you were on bed rest!

AGBF

34.gif
yea doc knows, what ever I think is fine like he said I know more about it than he does lol
have been up and about on it since after about the first week to varying degrees depending on the day.
Just have to be a little careful some days.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 12:03:25 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 10:04:32 PM
Hi Karl!
35.gif

Lori
Hi!!
35.gif

the heat wave stinks

How are you doing??
Not so hot, well REALLY HOT, but physically not so well right now.
14.gif

Worried about you being out and about on your leg! As long as your doctor knows what''s best for you!
12.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results