• 13. Fill in your own

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And why?

My favorite color (and I suspect this is many people's favorite color) is Blue. I love all kinds of blue but if I had to choose I would choose turquoise blue but I love them all. BLUEtiful, Bluelicious and bluerrific.

blueheart.gif

What's your favorite color and why?
Sharing examples if you want would make it a pretty thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some examples of my blue bling that I love.

antiquesapphireearrings.png

aquamarinesapphirediamondnecklace.jpeg

aquamarinenecklaceonmyneck.png

My french cut sapphire eternity that I can never capture the true blue color of

bubbalahandfrenchcutsapphirebandinbedroom.png

Lastly a ring I don't own. But oh so bluelicious.

aquamarinebeautyparkplace.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All shades of blue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hands down cornflower blue. It used to be purple when I was a kid, but morphed into lilac & then a true cornflower. Some of the spinels I see in the CS forum make me weak at the knees. I am always browsing ebay on the eternal chase for the perfect stone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK added a poll.
I couldn't add all the colors in the world but did my best. Last category is if your choice isn't in my poll.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple, a deep royal purple.

That used to be my favorite color. When I was little my entire room was purple. I had purple shag carpet and purple flower ceiling wall paper. It was beautiful or should I say purpleicious. Wish I had photos of my purple bedroom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh forgot about this beautiful sapphire from DBL. I tried it on 4 years ago when @LLJsmom and I were visiting David. Bluelicious.

sapphiredbl.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and who could forget this bluemazing piece of art we saw at the Met exhibit when the JAR exhibit was in town. SWOON!

sapphiredangles.jpg

Blue butterflies...swoon again!

bluebutterflies.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Green no doubt!

It can have blue in it and in fact that is preferred my favorite color being blue -green. Love turquoise. No straight blue though except for navy in winter. But I do love all green. Emerald green is my love.

Runner up would be pink but mainly corals such as strawberry. Nude pink is nice too.

Second runner up yellow. I have always loved color.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can have blue in it and in fact that is preferred my favorite color being blue -green. Love turquoise. No straight blue though. But I do love all green.

Runner up would be pink but mainly corals such as strawberry. Nude pink is nice too.

As an aside, I love pink with green. A TDF match IMO. ❤

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Electric Blue, always has been.... followed by pink and red.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red-orange!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
For me it's green closely followed by orange. I find green a very calming colour and like nothing more than woodland walks.
Orange for me is a happy zesty colour, maybe a bit quirky, reflecting I like to do my own thing and don't mind standing out from the crowd.
Funnily enough I do not use orange for my interiors but i do use green. I love charcoal and grey shades at the moment for interiors.

images.jpeg-2.jpg images.jpeg-4.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Red. Without a doubt. Where I was born and have fond childhood memories of, the flowers grew tall and beautiful, and I especially loved the red flowers. They looked the best in the photos back then. Blue, to me as a child, seemed unnatural, and I'd only see people wearing blue or see a playground apparatus painted blue. I didn't see flowers that were naturally blue until many years later. To me, red represented life and beauty, and was not a half-@$$ed color like pink or a pastel blue. I was very decisive and exuberant as a child. Years later, I would say my second favorite color is purple, partly because purple symbolizes the mysterious and spiritual aspects of life, partly because it's another color that looks good against my skin. I don't like any half-@$$ed pinkish purples, but a deep aubergine purple, though I am appreciating lavenders with some pink in my gemstones nowadays.

Anybody else think like me in suspecting that what colors we like partly has to do with what colors we look good in? I like orange in gems, but would never cite that color as my favorite because it's not flattering on me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue reds such as magenta, fuchsia etc., they just appeal to my eyes.

DK :))

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purple is my favorite color. For stones I like red.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love purple, I have a purple suite in my orangery, and a purple striped suite in the sitting room. I don’t know why, I just love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red. Without a doubt. Where I was born and have fond childhood memories of, the flowers grew tall and beautiful, and I especially loved the red flowers. They looked the best in the photos back then. Blue, to me as a child, seemed unnatural, and I'd only see people wearing blue or see a playground apparatus painted blue. I didn't see flowers that were naturally blue until many years later. To me, red represented life and beauty, and was not a half-@$$ed color like pink or a pastel blue. I was very decisive and exuberant as a child. Years later, I would say my second favorite color is purple, partly because purple symbolizes the mysterious and spiritual aspects of life, partly because it's another color that looks good against my skin. I don't like any half-@$$ed pinkish purples, but a deep aubergine purple, though I am appreciating lavenders with some pink in my gemstones nowadays.

Anybody else think like me in suspecting that what colors we like partly has to do with what colors we look good in? I like orange in gems, but would never cite that color as my favorite because it's not flattering on me.

Yes I think you may be right. I love the way blue looks on me and rich royal colors. I am a winter in color. Do you guys remember the color analysis from a long time ago? Hmm let me see if I can find it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's green closely followed by orange. I find green a very calming colour and like nothing more than woodland walks.
Orange for me is a happy zesty colour, maybe a bit quirky, reflecting I like to do my own thing and don't mind standing out from the crowd.
Funnily enough I do not use orange for my interiors but i do use green. I love charcoal and grey shades at the moment for interiors.

images.jpeg-2.jpg images.jpeg-4.jpg

I agree though I have a favorite color it does depend on where I am enjoying it. For example I also find green calming and we chose it for our library room where we read and relax. It's the perfect color for that. And blue is perfect for sleeping so our bedroom is blue. But generally I love and choose blue when I am picking clothes and accessories. So overall Blue is it for me. There are so many bluetiful shades of it too. And I love them all. :love:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted Pink because I've been drawn to it the most since I was little. I didn't have any traditional pink toys either, lol. Second to that would be green. I love green.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy so according to colour analysis I am a soft autumn I think. :think: And autumn is my fave time of year. It does fit with the colours I tend to choose. Interesting, thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy so according to colour analysis I am a soft autumn I think. :think: And autumn is my fave time of year. It does fit with the colours I tend to choose. Interesting, thanks!

Winter is definitely not my favorite time of year lol but winter I am...I do prefer the winter colors over the others so that makes sense. I look best in those colors.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes I think you may be right. I love the way blue looks on me and rich royal colors. I am a winter in color. Do you guys remember the color analysis from a long time ago? Hmm let me see if I can find it.

I find the four season color typology problematic, as I like none of those palettes, and my skin is rather on the border of cool vs warm. If I had to pick, I'd say winter. I got the book Life in Color by a pair of stylists, where the color types were Sun, Moon, Earth and Stars, and I'm a Star in that typology (I look good in all "jewel tone" colors).

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Teal! Pretty much any blue-green is my favorite. I sadly have no teal jewlery. It's so hard to judge the colors online, what looks teal may end up as just green or just blue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the four season color typology problematic, as I like none of those palettes, and my skin is rather on the border of cool vs warm. If I had to pick, I'd say winter. I got the book Life in Color by a pair of stylists, where the color types were Sun, Moon, Earth and Stars, and I'm a Star in that typology (I look good in all "jewel tone" colors).

It's been a long time since I did this eval but IIRC they have a way of determining which you are even if you are not clearly one or the other. And I believe you can be a cool winter or a warm winter and same with the other "seasons"... Though it really makes no matter because if you know what colors you look good in you are already where you need to be and the "season" palette you are is not of consequence.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Purple. Although I seem to wear a lot more blue now than ever before.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results