shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats up with empire waist?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

Heres the back of the dress....I love the fuller skirt but fitted on top.

(princess- closest to the Under the Tuscan Sun Dress I could find out there! LOL

1.gif
)

nonempireback.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha ha,
this is hilariously topical for me!
I am wearing an empire waisted dress today, it is knitted cotton up top and has long sleeves, but with a flowy silk skirt - is just above the knee, I was wearing with opaques and my fave calf high leather boots (winter here).
I thought I looked super cute...(well, I did..
9.gif
)

and I go up to Uni to meet with some group members to study for exams - as we''re leaving, one girl asked if I am pregnant, lol!!
Admittedly, I do have a small paunch (and pretty large boobs), but come on?!
I didn''t really mind though - I just put it down to cultural insensitivity - she''s an O/S student and sometimes says some ..funny things
40.gif
5.gif

But the funniest bit about it - I''ve just started exercising again in the last month, so am likely in the best shape she has seen me
20.gif

rofl..

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I''m an hourglass, but empire works for me b/c I am so short waisted.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 9:00:27 AM
Author: NakedFinger
Ladies- Thank you for your feedback. Glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way. I thought maybe I was just so ''out of it'' already at 24! LOL It definitely depends on your body type, so I guess everyone is different. And I by no means wish to make anyone who has an empire cut wedding dress second guess the choice!!

I thought I would share what I did end up getting! I spent about 6 hours at the Short Hills Mall this weekend (for those that live in NYC and/or northern NJ you know the plethora of dress options in that mother-ship of a mall). And I still didnt find ANYTHING that wasnt empire cut. I did find this dress that I adored by my go-to guy Ralph Lauren. I''ve never seen a dress done by him that I havent loved. However, in the store the smallest size they had was a 6 and it was massive on me. Naturally I was irked.

However, yesterday I had the bright idea to check online, and they had it in a 2! Yippie! I am usually true to size with dresses, which is a 0, but since ralph doesnt do 0, I think the 2 should suffice with his stuff as it usally does. Here is a pic. I am proud to say I have a much better rack that the model (hehehe) so I should fill it out on top much better. Its linen, very elegant and casual at the same time, just what I was looking for! Heres the link if you want more info:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3525975&cp=1760782.1760898&ab=ln_women_cs1_dresses&parentPage=family

Ok REALLY mad now! It came in the mail today. Got home from work and saw it, SO excited, and tried it on immediately. IT WAS HUGE!!!! Like I''m a pretty small girl, but what do girls who are REALLY small do??? Like is 2 seriously not what it use to be? LOL Not only was it to big, but the sash/belt shown in the picture didnt come with it, which I was counting on to cinch the waist!! UGH!
29.gif
So now I am back to square one and the party is this Saturday. Grrr.... sorry vent over.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results