shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the story behind your avatar?

Astra

Rough_Rock
...I'm just in love with Cape Cod... even my husband asked me to marry him in Chatham =)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17, your rose painting is beautiful. My artistic talent is at the level of my 4 year old :lol:

crasru, I think the picture of your kitten is much more appealing than the previous avatar; she is very pretty!
If you wanted to change it to a picture of your demantoid (pendant?), I wouldn't complain about that either :naughty:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
My Avatar is this, because I s**k at figuring out how to set up Avatars.... :oops:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mine is just my wedding set.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I change out my avatar periodically but this one is special, it is what got me into gemstones/custom jewelry to start with, before I even found PS. I bought the Oregon sunstone trilliant off a mine owner's truck bumper in the field, it stood out like a fireball and said YOU MUST BUY ME. But then I found out how hard it can be to work with trilliants after talking to several jewelers. I got this idea for the design and realized that the emerald-cut stone had to be a Four Peaks Ammie, at least 17 carats. That search, and it was a long one because the crystal structure of ammies do not lend themselves to emerald cuts and certainly not ones of that size, ended with Colorado Gems & Minerals/Jack Lowell. The diamond is the engagement stone from my brief first marriage and throws a nice bit of sparkle to the end of the arrangement, I think. Better than to sit in my jewelry box.

"Stoniegrl," well my husband's a geologist, we started collecting minerals, going to the Tucson show, then after I bought the Oregon sunstone trilliant we decided we better take the GIA courses so we did, learned a lot. Rocks=stones and "grl" because I love those saucy in-your-face "grrl" types.

Some star ruby/spessie/white topaz/red spinel/lavender spinel/peridot and some JKT designs later, I'm BROKE!!!!But happy :D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is my original e-ring that my husband picked out when he proposed to me, in one of the roses he gave me.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StonieGrl said:
I change out my avatar periodically but this one is special, it is what got me into gemstones/custom jewelry to start with, before I even found PS. I bought the Oregon sunstone trilliant off a mine owner's truck bumper in the field, it stood out like a fireball and said YOU MUST BUY ME. But then I found out how hard it can be to work with trilliants after talking to several jewelers. I got this idea for the design and realized that the emerald-cut stone had to be a Four Peaks Ammie, at least 17 carats. That search, and it was a long one because the crystal structure of ammies do not lend themselves to emerald cuts and certainly not ones of that size, ended with Colorado Gems & Minerals/Jack Lowell. The diamond is the engagement stone from my brief first marriage and throws a nice bit of sparkle to the end of the arrangement, I think. Better than to sit in my jewelry box.

"Stoniegrl," well my husband's a geologist, we started collecting minerals, going to the Tucson show, then after I bought the Oregon sunstone trilliant we decided we better take the GIA courses so we did, learned a lot. Rocks=stones and "grl" because I love those saucy in-your-face "grrl" types.

Some star ruby/spessie/white topaz/red spinel/lavender spinel/peridot and some JKT designs later, I'm BROKE!!!!But happy :D

Thanks for all the detail, Stoniegirl! That's really interesting. And I love the story behind your latest JKT pendant! How cool that you and your husband know so much about stones.

You are sooo lucky to live close to Tucson; I would love to go to the Tucson gem show in Feb :appl:

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
These Barbie dolls belong the my friend's daughter and were lying on the floor up against a wall sort of discarded and definitely well used. I laid down on the floor to shoot them and loved their dishevelled, worn, "bad" look. I guess they reflect my current state of mind - worn, tired, but still pretty fabulous! My name - well I take lots of pix so...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse said:
junebug17, your rose painting is beautiful. My artistic talent is at the level of my 4 year old :lol:

Thank you so much baby nurse! You made my day!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
klewis, I know I don't need to tell you how beautiful that stone is, and your ring is one of my top 3 favorites on PS.

HotPozzum, what a great avatar picture. That's the sweetest story! Isn't it nice to take pride in your partner :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
loriken214 said:
Coco is my angel shelter cat and I adore her. She gives me this look when peeking out of the curtain after laying in the sun. This photo was taken at night just before she wanted me to go to bed.

Lori

Lori, every time I see your avatar I think "That is the BEST cat picture!" What an expressive little face :D

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
cemrn said:
Lovinggems said:
B.E.G. said:
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

B.E.G your two cats are gorgeous, I have been reading your cat thread in Hangout, I was going for a ragdoll now I'm not so sure.

My avator is a Malaya garnet from Barry (ACSTONES), one of my first gem purchases.
Love my Raggies. However BEG your kitty is soooo sweet

Aww thank you! Do you have any pics up on PS of your Raggies? Would love to see them!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
klewis, I know I don't need to tell you how beautiful that stone is, and your ring is one of my top 3 favorites on PS.

HotPozzum, what a great avatar picture. That's the sweetest story! Isn't it nice to take pride in your partner :appl:

Thanks BN - I really should change my screen name :snore: to something more pleasant and imaginative.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I'm one of those mildly annoying types who changes their avatars reasonably regularly..
My last one I had for quite some time, which was my JW sapphire.

This current one is really just a silly one - I saw these customised Nike airforce sneakers online, and I must have been feeling nostalgic for my favourite video game when I was a youngster (Mario World) as I dig the Yoshi ones ::)

99% of the time I have something gem or jewellery related though, usually my current favourite piece..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney! said:
My Avatar is this, because I s**k at figuring out how to set up Avatars.... :oops:

LMAO!!! :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
klewis said:
baby nurse said:

Thanks BN - I really should change my screen name :snore: to something more pleasant and imaginative.

I hate my screen name now too, because I don't just love tourmalines. I don't know what was going through my head when I picked it, and it seems so dorky. Oh well, at least I have a cool avatar. LOL!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar is my baby dog Newt. She is a Jack Russell, Beagle, pointer mix. My uncle who is deaf has loved her since she was a puppy, so as a christmas card we dressed her up (we never dress up dogs but this was an exception) and put a pink bow on her head and took Olin Mills photos of her! He still has the card hanging up in his house.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Newt is so sweet! I love her name.

TL, at least you're not stuck w/Packrat! Gah. My husband was like "what kind of name is THAT??" I should start calling myself "Can't make up my dang mind"

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I chose my sn because even though I now live in MA, I consider Nashville my true home.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower, I have a friend whose daughter is in a Montessori school-- I think it's a great approach.
I bet that day your 16 yr old was 2, playing with the pink tower feels like yesterday. I can't believe my four year old is four!

TL, I never thought that you were a man, just that you REALLY thought like one :lol: (absolutely no insult intended)
Your avatar is really neat to look at.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Von3, your papillion Wrigley, looks so sweet! Great name =)

stepcutgirl, your engagement ring turned out beautifully :love: You must be so pleased! How are the wedding plans going?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
klewis said:
baby nurse said:

I hate my screen name now too, because I don't just love tourmalines. I don't know what was going through my head when I picked it, and it seems so dorky. Oh well, at least I have a cool avatar. LOL!

Not dorky at all TL, and I could never imagine you with any other screen name.
I have disliked my screen-name ever since someone in an RTW thread political discussion acerbically called me Klewless :-o ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( during a heated discussion. That'll teach me to venture into those kinds of forums. There! I've said it now and now I can cancel my therapy appointment.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Avatar is one of my Padparadscha Sapphires, it is set into a ring. The stone is certified.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G. said:
cemrn said:
Lovinggems said:
B.E.G. said:
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

B.E.G your two cats are gorgeous, I have been reading your cat thread in Hangout, I was going for a ragdoll now I'm not so sure.

My avator is a Malaya garnet from Barry (ACSTONES), one of my first gem purchases.

Aww thank you! Do you have any pics up on PS of your Raggies? Would love to see them!
UGH no. I shot some right before PS2 and then never loaded them. I know there is a ragdoll thread. I need to do that maybe tonight

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
cemrn said:
B.E.G. said:
cemrn said:
Lovinggems said:
B.E.G. said:

UGH no. I shot some right before PS2 and then never loaded them. I know there is a ragdoll thread. I need to do that maybe tonight

Yay! Hope you do! here's the thread :) https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ha...ou-brag-and-post-photos-here-t64808-1260.html

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with this photo from Pala Gems a long time ago. I love green, and I loved the cushion shape. However, when it came time for me to buy my first demantoid, this particular stone turned out to be too deep for what I wanted so I went with another stone. I think it still makes a good avatar, though. :naughty:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SereneSolange, your avatar is hilarious! It's so true! When I'm at my wits end because one of my kids is having a tantrum, sometimes I feel like all I have left is "...um... here's teddy."

packrat, I wondered if that was your tatoo! It's really nice, but didn't it hurt? I considered getting one when I felt like my youth was slipping away :rolleyes: , but my husband wasn't into it. Pain was also a concern but I've been through labor twice since then so I guess it wouldn't be a big deal now ;))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, it hurt. After a while it went numb. The one around my upper arm hurt too, especially on that really thin skin under your arm. :o

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most people know what my avatar is (its a sphene) its one of the favorites in my collection. as far as my screen name? lol its not what some people may be thinking.

-A

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian said:
Most people know what my avatar is (its a sphene) its one of the favorites in my collection. as far as my screen name? lol its not what some people may be thinking.

-A

It's a beautiful stone... I remember when your avatar changed, although I don't recall what it was before. Have you done anything with this stone?
I have no idea what Arcadian might mean; can you say? If you would rather not, that's OK, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results