carat
color
clarity

What's the story behind your avatar?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64 said:
I'm not active on the colored stones subforum but I wanted to play anyway!

Mine is a pic of my niece at 2 years old (she's now 2.5 y/o) making "silly" faces for her papa, my brother. Her facial expression was just so cute and clear in that pic that I wanted to make it my avatar. She's the first baby of my immediate family and omg what a ham she is...

I've really enjoyed reading all of your avatar stories!

See! I thought that was your little girl :wink2: She's very cute!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
No interesting story behind to my avatar but..

Nashville - thanks for clearing up my confusion. I thought that was you in the pic. I was very intrigued because you have mentioned your husband and child and I thought you have an interesting family! I'm sure you do, but a different one to the one I was imagining.

Baby Nurse - I love your avatar and the way rabbit's legs point in one direction and it's looking in the other direction - it looks to be doing a cartoon double-take.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
klewis said:

Nashville - thanks for clearing up my confusion. I thought that was you in the pic. I was very intrigued because you have mentioned your husband and child and I thought you have an interesting family! I'm sure you do, but a different one to the one I was imagining.

Baby Nurse - I love your avatar and the way rabbit's legs point in one direction and it's looking in the other direction - it looks to be doing a cartoon double-take.

Haha yeah, I'm a girl! The actor in the photo is Jack Nance.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love shoes. And blue. And these happen to be one of my favorite pairs. I don't think anyone would recognize me if I changed it....

BN, have you ever read the thread (it's old) where certain members started hijacking other member's avatars? It got very confusing...but was hilarious.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:
My avatar is obvious - my wedding set. I worked hard on that ring so I'm very proud of it.

My screen name was made up long, long ago (some kind of weird cross between a lava lamp and a giant cup of tea like in the video for Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More"), and it's my alias on just about any website or forum that requires one. So if you run across a lavatea, yeah, it's probably me.

Your wedding set is lovely!

I don't know if I'm the only one who spends time wondering about the significance of peoples' avatars and screen names... I know it's a little odd but each time I saw yours I thought "Well, maybe she just really likes hot tea :confused: "

Funny, and to me your name always resembled a lavender fairy. One of these that come to the crib with gifts. I don't even know why.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nashville said:
klewis said:

Funny, I also thought you were a man and wondered why you were discussing pad with such a passion. But then you mentioned your husband and a child, and it became clear. Then I started thinking that the man in avatar was your husband...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is from my hubby's first graduation into military collage. He'd spent 3 long tough months out bush to be accepted. I've never been so proud of him as when I saw him on the parade ground in his uniform! :love:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems said:
B.E.G. said:
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

B.E.G your two cats are gorgeous, I have been reading your cat thread in Hangout, I was going for a ragdoll now I'm not so sure.

My avator is a Malaya garnet from Barry (ACSTONES), one of my first gem purchases.

Thank you Lovinggems! I love raggies as well but my allergies kind of made most cat breeds impossible. I've been super fortunate with Bengals - not allergic to my boys at all! I would get a Bengal (or two)! :)

baby nurse said:
B.E.G Your gemstones are gorgeous but the kitten avatar is so sweet!

Thanks Baby Nurse!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Coco is my angel shelter cat and I adore her. She gives me this look when peeking out of the curtain after laying in the sun. This photo was taken at night just before she wanted me to go to bed.

Lori

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems said:
B.E.G. said:
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

B.E.G your two cats are gorgeous, I have been reading your cat thread in Hangout, I was going for a ragdoll now I'm not so sure.

My avator is a Malaya garnet from Barry (ACSTONES), one of my first gem purchases.
Love my Raggies. However BEG your kitty is soooo sweet

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I am a Montessori teacher. The Pink Tower is one of our earliest exercises, and I love the way it looks in my classroom, like a work of art. In Montessori, isolation of difficulty is key. So, the only difference in the cubes is their dimension. The tower also reminds me of my now 16 yo daughter. She was given a lesson on the Tower at age two when she went on her interview for Montessori school. It reminds me of her everyday: structurally grounded (the tower) yet loving (the color).

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
crasru said:
Nashville said:
klewis said:

Funny, I also thought you were a man and wondered why you were discussing pad with such a passion. But then you mentioned your husband and a child, and it became clear. Then I started thinking that the man in avatar was your husband...

It's so funny how much we might guess about a person based on their avatar. I thought Tourmaline Lover was a guy for a long time because of the tone of her posts (tenacious, to the point, shoots from the hip). Yes, I'm a wife and mom who just loves independent film.

austin-powers-man-baby.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nashville said:
It's so funny how much we might guess about a person based on their avatar. I thought Tourmaline Lover was a guy for a long time because of the tone of her posts (tenacious, to the point, shoots from the hip). Yes, I'm a wife and mom who just loves independent film.

I have been told, by many guys as a matter of fact, that I think like a man. I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult!! :o :lol: I also work with mostly men and most of my friends are men. I am a married female with children, so I can't be that masculine minded. ;))

My avatar is derived from my great love of math and science, in particular physics. It's two dimensional representation of a three dimensional projection of a four dimensional cube rotating in four dimensional space. This object is known as a hypercube.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Nashville said:

I have been told, by many guys as a matter of fact, that I think like a man. I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult!! :o :lol: I also work with mostly men and most of my friends are men. I am a married female with children, so I can't be that masculine minded. ;))

My avatar is derived from my great love of math and science, in particular physics. It's two dimensional representation of a three dimensional projection of a four dimensional cube rotating in four dimensional space. This object is known as a hypercube.

I also loved your former avatar.

I guess we are both "cubists" now..... They are just so cool. Mine got all the crispness taken out of it when the new PS came along. But I don't dare mess with it.PS2 is not user friendly yet for me. Just now, for example, I tried to link to this from the home page, under the new postings link. It took me to a page that said 403 forbidden.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild said:
I love shoes. And blue. And these happen to be one of my favorite pairs. I don't think anyone would recognize me if I changed it....

BN, have you ever read the thread (it's old) where certain members started hijacking other member's avatars? It got very confusing...but was hilarious.

I haven't read that thread. That sounds really funny! How did they hijack their avatars?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine is an aquamarine that I cut and sold, but wish I had kept. I was just yesterday saying to my wife that I wish I had kept a lot of stones over the years. This one is concave cut and was a lot of work, but worth the effort. I actually don't own a single one of my stones. Someday I'll have something made into a piece I could wear, just not sure what.

Von03

Shiny_Rock
Can I play? Mine is a pic of my 5 year old Papillon, Wrigley. She is my furbaby and I love this photo of her.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
Aoife, thanks for the explanation. Love roses but we don't have any. My husband has a huge vegetable garden instead. Someday, sigh...

:

Roses can be a lot of work, but wow, the colors and the scents make up for it. And, unlike a vegetable garden, you never have to sneak up on your friends' houses in the middle of the night to leave a paper sack of extra roses on their doorsteps like you do with zucchini during zucchini season! :cheeky:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem said:
Mine is an aquamarine that I cut and sold, but wish I had kept. I was just yesterday saying to my wife that I wish I had kept a lot of stones over the years. This one is concave cut and was a lot of work, but worth the effort. I actually don't own a single one of my stones. Someday I'll have something made into a piece I could wear, just not sure what.

I never would have guessed that that was an aquamarine. With my limited knowledge, I assumed it was something more exotic like paraiba tourmaline, but I suppose it would have to have more green in it?

As for never having kept any of the stones, that's really too bad ;( From my occasionally selfish perspective, I'm sorta glad .

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is my JW sapphire that is now my ering. I switch between it and the love of my life, my dog!

My SN is because when I joined I was thinking in terms of a diamond for my ering and before I discovered old cuts the only diamonds I liked where step cuts.

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock
The writing reads: "Teddies don't hug back, but sometimes they're all you've got."

Those cartoons fit my personality and humor, kinda happy/kinda sad/kinda funny/kind of morose. They're really cute and somehow those faces are super expressive.
:))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my tattoos, my favorite. I dig froggies.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That is an excellent question as mine appears to be the only one on the forum that just says USER AVATAR. Some have NO IMAGE, most have a picture, so I must have done something wrong. Once you click on the text it shows the avatar in my profile. I reloaded different pics in differing sizes to see if one will work but so far no luck. Started reading the thread on trouble shooting, have waded thru numerous pages but so far have found no fix. Best regards, Lee

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine's my green diamond.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
baby nurse said:
FrekeChild said:

I haven't read that thread. That sounds really funny! How did they hijack their avatars?

Maybe I should not tell you how but I will anyways. Right click on the pic, choose SAVE IMAGE AS and you have the pic stored in your computer. I tried it on yours, I now have the bunny! MU-AH-HA-HA he said as he rubbed his hands together.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a shot of my husband in his military tux and a "real life perspective" shot of my ring. Kind of a his hardware (medals) and my hardware shot taken in May for our 13th anniversary.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a Mahenge Spinel that is on it's way (I hope) to me from Thailand.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a ring I found in a jewelry shop. I walked by it, saw it and without thinking a bit bought it. I worked with them on the price, was able to get them down 30%.

I have and have seen tons of rings, but I have NEVER seen a ring like this one. I keep hoping I will find a coordinating pendant and/or earrings.

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ruffy ( the one without the hat) is a shelter dog, an Akita mix of some kind and my partner in competition livestock herding. Since we're team and neither can do it without the other in the field, we're probably a bit more in tune than a lot of pet owners. Anyway, he's my best bud :mrgreen: and this was just a good shot of us both just back from the field. Btw, This avatar has become almost a trademark. I pop up on different forums and networks but the avatar's always this one.

Pete

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine's so boring. It's my e-ring.

I should add some colour to my avatar on occasion . . .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results