shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the meaning behind your SN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Lauren I thought your name meant you were a partier too, but I was always like gosh she seems so subdued for a party girl!

My name is just my name. When I first came onto PS, it was tiny, and most people used their real names it seemed because the community was so small. So it never really occurred to me to register with a made-up name. I just had some questions and figured it'd be easier for people to address me as Mara.
5.gif

My current sig is from this cool pillow I saw in a boutique shop window at holiday. I thought...I LOVE IT! I haven't changed it because I haven't found one I like better. But I might be close.
12.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 4:29:53 PM
Author: marvel
Mine is the first three characters of my first name (MARia) and first three characters of my last name. No, I''m not a comic book fan like some people thought...sorry
2.gif
Hehe, your screenname reminds me of my first home I purchased as a single gal.

2222 Marvel. What a cool address that was, and as such, love your name!
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 2:29:30 PM
Author: curiopotter
Back when I was still majoring in ceramics and jewelry in college, I got my tax ID so I could sell all my ''test'' pottery.
I had made a series of coffee mugs, tea cups, tea pots, honey pots, canisters, and perfume bottles to test my glazes. When the annual student sale came around, I had to set up a business tax ID so I could legally sell my work. CurioPottery was the quickest thing I could think of at the tax office. The stuff I had made was utilitarian. Everything had comfortable handles, perfectly pourable spouts, great lids, basically things people would use or put in their curio cabinets. The name was supposed to be a joking response to the work I was, well, most of us were selling. I thought it was funny, we were all art students. We should have been selling ''art'', but we had to keep all of it for our portfolio reviews, so go figure. Although I don''t have the business anymore, the name stuck and I still use it.
That''s soooo interesting! I never knew you were a potter, but thought the name had something to do with it.

Very cool, Maria!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:36:48 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Wait wait! Partier is your maiden name? For real? That''s awesome. And you gave that UP?!?
Sorry, IG, I totally missed this.

But no, Partier is now my middle name.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:01:49 PM
Author: Sha

Date: 2/20/2008 4:51:41 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
People always ask about mine, and since it''s not my last name anymore, I tell them.

But, yeah - Partier is my maiden name.
2.gif

Oh.. I thought it meant that you liked a lot of parties...?
10.gif
I was raised in Las Vegas, after all . . .
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 8:11:41 PM
Author: coatimundi

Kristin! Well-how do you like that?!
3.gif

You look like such a Gwendolyn to me. Very disconcerting.
9.gif

My real name is Erika. How do you do?

Sometimes I want to change my ''coatimundi'' name, because I think I must seem like some kind of animal freak or something (not that there''s anything wrong with that, of course)

Ah! These spur of the moment username decisions!

I am actually becoming fond of ''Coati,'' though.
1.gif

eta: Lauren--I too thought you must be a ''Big-Ten'' rip-roaring PARTY Girl!
3.gif
I would have never guessed that to be your last name.
It''s funny, because your elegant jewelry and wedding photos (which I love) so strongly juxtapose what I originally thought!
1.gif

Haha, I love the fact that all of you love;y ladies I have posted with over the past 4 years seemed to think I was such the drunkard party girl. Too funny!

I think I was raised to like high-end jewelry, because despite my name being spelled Partier, it''s pronounced like Cartier - so I''ve been saying that since I was about 5 or 6.

"Hi, I''m Lauren Partier, pronounced like Cartier".
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 12:33:52 PM
Author: Mara
LOL Lauren I thought your name meant you were a partier too, but I was always like gosh she seems so subdued for a party girl!

My name is just my name. When I first came onto PS, it was tiny, and most people used their real names it seemed because the community was so small. So it never really occurred to me to register with a made-up name. I just had some questions and figured it''d be easier for people to address me as Mara.
5.gif

My current sig is from this cool pillow I saw in a boutique shop window at holiday. I thought...I LOVE IT! I haven''t changed it because I haven''t found one I like better. But I might be close.
12.gif
LOL - this is awesome.

I should have never come clean with the actual origin of my SN. The irony is that I''m such a huge light-weight that I''m pretty "happy" after one glass of wine, asleep and drooling on the couch by the conclusion of the second.
4.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 7:53:15 PM

Date: 2/24/2008 12:33:52 PM
Author: Mara

My name is just my name. When I first came onto PS, it was tiny, and most people used their real names it seemed because the community was so small. So it never really occurred to me to register with a made-up name. I just had some questions and figured it''d be easier for people to address me as Mara.
5.gif

My current sig is from this cool pillow I saw in a boutique shop window at holiday. I thought...I LOVE IT! I haven''t changed it because I haven''t found one I like better. But I might be close.
12.gif
LOL - this is awesome.

I should have never come clean with the actual origin of my SN. The irony is that I''m such a huge light-weight that I''m pretty ''happy'' after one glass of wine, asleep and drooling on the couch by the conclusion of the second.
4.gif
Lauren- HA! A one-glass-of-wine-non-partier-Par-tee-ey! Never woulda thunk it! I thought it meant what everyone else did!

I thought Isaku was Japanese and Miscka was Russian too!

Brazen Irish Hussy... nice to meet you, I''m The Sweden Heathen!
(Long story short: in youth group, C started calling T (half East Indian) India (she stood out in the 99.9% Hispanic city)... I started calling C "Keebler" (short like the Keebler Elves)... one day I wear a hoodie that has an H on it (for Hollywood) and C says, "What''s that for? HEATHEN?!" So, they start calling me Sweden Heathen (white like a Swede and also standing out there). Later (at a Dodger game) I got the nick Cracka Jax... guy selling Cracker Jacks is yelling "Cracka Jacks! It''s Cracka Jack time!" C tells me, "Hey, he''s callin'' you, Cracka!" From then on we would break into an MC Hammer "Hamma Time" dance and song with the alternate lyrics "Uh-oh uh-oh uh-oh uh-oh. Cracka time!"

This is a funny nick (kinda like Moose)... a co-worker had been nicknamed Lurch because she was so much taller than everyone in her family... I doubt she was even 5 foot!!!

So, ok... my name is not Sera. It''s short for Seraph (also not my name). Seraph is Hebrew (not that either) that means "burning one" and refers to the Seraphim angels in Isaiah 6 of the Bible. They have 6 wings... 2 to fly, 2 to cover their feet and 2 to cover their eyes; they have a fiery countenance and burning passion to praise God... so it''s just a neat reminder to me to always put God first.
1.gif
Now, the word Seraph also appears another place in the Bible refering to a serpent with a fiery bite... this can also apply to me on rare occassions.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Lauren, you get part of Cartier!

I want that flipping paved rolling ring so badly all this talk of Cartier is making me koo koo!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2008 7:45:56 PM

I think I was raised to like high-end jewelry, because despite my name being spelled Partier, it''s pronounced like Cartier - so I''ve been saying that since I was about 5 or 6.

''Hi, I''m Lauren Partier, pronounced like Cartier''.
2.gif
That would be a great screening tool!

Any guy who gets that deer-in-the-headlights look -- or runs! -- at that pronouncement is probably not good PS SO material!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elmorton and DKS,

I am still in the dark. Please, someone, tell me the story of Door Knob Solitaire''s name and/or ring in a really simple, easy to understand fashion. I must be a dim bulb, but I still do not understand exactly what her husband did when he proposed: brought a crystal doorknob along with him? I am anxious to know the story. Have pity on one who is slow!

Deb
34.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 10:35:04 AM
Author: AGBF

Elmorton and DKS,

I am still in the dark. Please, someone, tell me the story of Door Knob Solitaire''s name and/or ring in a really simple, easy to understand fashion. I must be a dim bulb, but I still do not understand exactly what her husband did when he proposed: brought a crystal doorknob along with him? I am anxious to know the story. Have pity on one who is slow!

Deb

34.gif

deb..here''s the link to dKS''s recent saga...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/door-knob-has-something-funny-to-share-it-is-a-whopper-hope-you-are-strapped-in.72819/

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2008 10:52:19 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 2/25/2008 10:35:04 AM
Author: AGBF

Elmorton and DKS,

I am still in the dark. Please, someone, tell me the story of Door Knob Solitaire's name and/or ring in a really simple, easy to understand fashion. I must be a dim bulb, but I still do not understand exactly what her husband did when he proposed: brought a crystal doorknob along with him? I am anxious to know the story. Have pity on one who is slow!

Deb

34.gif

deb..here's the link to dKS's recent saga...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/door-knob-has-something-funny-to-share-it-is-a-whopper-hope-you-are-strapped-in.72819/

Thanks mrssalvo, but I have actually followed the terrible story of the diamond that was inadvertently thrown out! I am trying to get to the story of what happened when her husband proposed. I really appreciate your taking the time to dig out the thread on the how the doorknob solitaire diamond went missing, however!

Deborah
34.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never copied and pasted on here before, so I don''t know if this will come up in the blue box, haha - anyway, this is what DKS said:

Hubbub asked friend to help him find a DOOR KNOB as he was really to present me with a ring. Dang friend who knows everything about diamonds convinced him a girl of my YOUTHFUL age, and stature could only pull off a 2 carat. Anything beyond that size would not be believable. Man, if only he said it ain''t a DoorKnob until it is 3.5 to 4 carats. Oh well. (how ungrateful did that sound? Oh how ugly! Ashamed of that I am.)

-- "door knob" is just referring to the large size of the diamond DKS''s sweet hubby wanted to purchase for her when he proposed (which, in turn, I think is a ref to the old style door knobs like the one I have in my house - lol, the closest thing I''ll ever get to having one!). I believe she''s said before that the stone was affectionately called "the door knob" and thus why she chose her SN - she had been looking for a new setting for "the door knob solitaire" when she joined.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Mine is just a contraction of my middle name.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 4:53:37 PM
Author: diamondfan

OU, my middle name is Margaret. NEVER got how you get Peggy or Peg from it? Maggie, even Meg, yes. But there is NO P in Margaret. Add that to my first name which no one spells or pronounces right even when I say it many times...ugggghhh. And my name is NOT a complex one, in my opinion!

I never really understood how Peggy came from Margaret either.. I did learn that some people call Margaret''s Daisy because Margaret in German means daisy.. I don''t mind when my friends joke and call me any nickname of Margaret. I just HATE being called Megan (it''s a fine name, don''t get me wrong) but it is NOT my name!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 6:21:23 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

Date: 2/21/2008 4:53:37 PM
Author: diamondfan

OU, my middle name is Margaret. NEVER got how you get Peggy or Peg from it? Maggie, even Meg, yes. But there is NO P in Margaret. Add that to my first name which no one spells or pronounces right even when I say it many times...ugggghhh. And my name is NOT a complex one, in my opinion!

I never really understood how Peggy came from Margaret either.. I did learn that some people call Margaret''s Daisy because Margaret in German means daisy.. I don''t mind when my friends joke and call me any nickname of Margaret. I just HATE being called Megan (it''s a fine name, don''t get me wrong) but it is NOT my name!
That''s funny that people would call you Megan. It''s a totally different name! I don''t get the Peggy/Margaret thing either.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Zoe.. I actually go by Meg, so the Megan thing is pretty common and easy to do. I just makes me mad!

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Ausable has been my one and only screen name for 10+ years.

When I was 13, I was chatting over the computer via clunky, slow, dial-up modem on various BBS (bulletin board systems) before Prodigy, AOL, and the web existed. My favorite bulletin board only allowed 4 people on at a time so I''d sometimes spend hours dialing to get on. I was one of the few girls on those systems so I wanted a name (they were called handles back then) that was not a dead giveaway.

Growing up my family spent summers in the Adirondack Mountains where we visited the Ausable Chasm and other "Ausable"-named places. I loved the name, and that it had a French origin. The literal translation in French is "in sand".

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:57:11 PM
Author: thing2of2
My screen name is from Dr. Suess''s ''The Cat in the Hat.'' There are two naughty ''Things,'' Thing 1 and Thing 2. (With the red bodies and turquoise hair.) I have a twin sister and my mom used to call us Thing 1 and Thing 2, probably because we were crazy and would run around making messes just like the Things! I was born second, so I''m Thing 2 and my sister is Thing 1. My twin sister actually invented the name Thing1of2, and I liked it a lot so I took Thing2of2.

As for quotes, I used to have a signature but it somehow went away...it was ''Diamonds on my neck, di, diamonds on my neck...'' because there''s an amazing rap song by Smitty and that''s the hook. My friend told me it was my theme song since I love diamonds so much!

My sisters are identical twins and I got them "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" t-shirts for Christmas one year. How funny.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:09:18 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ha...funny, I was just thinking YESTERDAY I need to get rid of the quote of the week thing!

I was changing them weekly for a (short) while, but this one I really liked, so I never changed it. So I think now I'll leave the quote of the week part there. Neener neener!

And obviously my screenname is self explanatory...I'm a gal who loves to travel...until I got tied down with TGuy. Wah!
I love your quote Tgal because I think it is so true. My aunt passed away a few months ago and in the hospital she spoke affectionately about her travels and adventures.

My screenname came to me because the ones I decided on were taken so this was "crap I need a screen name so I can get some help quick!!!!" Then there was another Skippy so I added the 123; I didn't put much tought into it. I still wonder why I picked Skippy but it works but I think I chose it because it sounded fun and easy going.
37.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I have been using this same screen name for about 10 years. Pepper has been my nickname since 5th grade (because of the way my first name is spelled many people mispronounce it as a form of pepper). The "posh" part (no not from the spice girls!) I used because I wanted the screen name to have two parts with the same first letter, so I was looking for adjectives that started with p and I thought at the time (hey I was a teenager) that posh sounded neat. So poshpepper it has been ever since
25.gif

ETA -- I choose my current signature ("If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
- Mario Andretti) because I have so many things going on in my life right now and I think this really applies to me at this point.... oh, and I am also a car fanatic!

diamonddz

Rough_Rock
Ooh this thread is a musing!
1.gif

My name is Intan which literally translate to diamond in Malay!
Guess my parents picked the right one
9.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My is kinda nerdy... I''m a nuclear engineer and a female, hence nclrgirl

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
When I first tried to register I chose a ''sparkly'' type name but it was already used. Then I tried another variation, and it was used too......until I finally came up with one that wasnt ''sparkster''.

The one name that always ''got'' me at the beginning was ''strmrdr'' Couldn''t think of what it meant or how to pronounce it at first.....completely bamboozled me!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is my cat''s name "crystal" and heart is because I love her.. My youngest son named her that because he said her eyes looked like crystals
30.gif

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Mine is because of my SO...I have blue eyes, and he often calls me Pretty Blues, so it just fit.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
*bump* for princessplease

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I just love porridge and I have it for breakfast every morning
3.gif
nothing intriguing there...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"What''s the meaning behind your SN?"

Um . . . it''s my name . . . ??

I was spectacularly unoriginal in my choice of a screen name. And uninspired. And, really, not too smart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results