shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the meaning behind your SN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:02:09 PM
Author: Miscka
Mine is a rearranging of the name I use for all other things (email, AIM, other forums). I changed it to be less recognizable but now I dont care so much. It is funny because no one spells it right. Oh well. My real name is Amanda, by the way. Nice to meet you all
9.gif
Nice to meet you too Amanda.
Your name is very close to my mother's maiden name.
Grandma used to have a wooden contraption on the wall for mail, spare keys, etc and it was labeled MISC
I thought it was because of their name.

And by the way, thank you sweetjettagirl and TravelingGal
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:49:11 PM
Author: ang3199
Aw man. I wish I would have put more thought into my SN when I registered. Now I feel dumb. Haha.

ang = my name
3199 = cell digits

sooooo original.
I''m with with you, Ang! I should have given it more thought.

isa = first three letters of my first name

ku = first two letters of DH''s name (Kurt)

5 =???

Can we change our usernames as I''ve got one picked out? If that''s allowed, do you got back to 0 posts and Rough Rock status? Anybody know?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is pretty easy. April= my birth month, Cait= a nickname (my first name is Caitlin).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked Kaleigh because I love the name.

My tag line, piece of cake and a candle is a bit of a long story. It was my Husband''s birthday, and I called the restaurant to see what they could do for him that was special. He said Lady, it''s a piece of cake and a candle. It got me to thinking what else in life do you really need??

**NG gift** Refers to Nan, she''s been a gift to me. She has **ls gift** on her''s referring to me. Aren''t we sappy??

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:17:13 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04

Mine is a rearranging of the name I use for all other things (email, AIM, other forums). I changed it to be less recognizable but now I dont care so much. It is funny because no one spells it right. Oh well. My real name is Amanda, by the way. Nice to meet you all
9.gif
Miscka - I always see yours and pronounce it ''mishka'' - but it really reminds me of my grandparents old cat - her name was Mutchka and was Polish for ''cat''. I guess that''s why I''m always drawn to reading your posts. Seriously, I''m not a stalker...
3.gif
tee hee, at least someone is reading my posts! And I dont care if people mess up the spelling. I think it sounds kinda Russian!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
People always ask about mine, and since it''s not my last name anymore, I tell them.

But, yeah - Partier is my maiden name.
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:47:57 PM
Author: Kaleigh

My tag line, piece of cake and a candle is a bit of a long story. It was my Husband''s birthday, and I called the restaurant to see what they could do for him that was special. He said Lady, it''s a piece of cake and a candle. It got me to thinking what else in life do you really need??

**NG gift** Refers to Nan, she''s been a gift to me. She has **ls gift** on her''s referring to me. Aren''t we sappy??
Lisa, I always thought that Kaleigh was the name of your pet cat or dog!! I was way off on that one.

The**NG** I actually figured out because you and Nan are close friends, but Nan''s **is gift** I didn''t get the connection. Btw, not sappy at all!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:02:00 PM
Author: isaku5

Lisa, I always thought that Kaleigh was the name of your pet cat or dog!! I was way off on that one.

The**NG** I actually figured out because you and Nan are close friends, but Nan''s **is gift** I didn''t get the connection. Btw, not sappy at all!!!
36.gif
Hehe, my dogs name is Callie, so you aren''t off quite close actually. Nan has ls gift, those are my initails.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I like pirates...and I am a lady. I know, not super creative.

My signature is slightly more interesting. I'm in a (geeky rock) band with some friends and we have a song called Hot Chocolate--my signature is the lyrics to the chorus.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:17:13 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04

9.gif

Miscka - I always see yours and pronounce it ''mishka'' - but it really reminds me of my grandparents old cat - her name was Mutchka and was Polish for ''cat''. I guess that''s why I''m always drawn to reading your posts. Seriously, I''m not a stalker...
3.gif

My aunt and uncle named their cat that as well!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:51:41 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
People always ask about mine, and since it''s not my last name anymore, I tell them.

2.gif

I remember seeing that on your wedding invite, or STD, and thought it was so cool.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wait wait! Partier is your maiden name? For real? That''s awesome. And you gave that UP?!?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:36:36 PM

Can we change our usernames as I''ve got one picked out? If that''s allowed, do you got back to 0 posts and Rough Rock status? Anybody know?
There must be a way because I remeber Maisie as Maisiebelle, and I finally looked it up and she was! Maybe email Andrey or something?

Mine is Italian for Wednesday. I think it''s a cool word. I had no idea it would be as confusing as it obviously was back when we had the live tv/chat sessions. Of course the one time someone called me Wednesday in return I kept scrolling through the thread trying to find this Wednesday person and her rings
20.gif
. Whattachagonnado?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted in the last thread about our screen names, but I didn''t give the full explanation for my name, just the abbreviated version, which is that I love the word "haven".

The REAL version, which I''m willing to share now that I''m more comfortable with PS, is that my mother and I have been planning to open up a retreat type of place that we''ve dubbed "The Haven". It won''t be a typical retreat, and it will be wonderful when we can actually get it together. Basically, The Haven is the dream that keeps me going every day, and I pretty much spend a lot of my time making big plans for it.

I love learning people''s real names, it''s funny how surprising they are. I''m Lori, by the way, nice to meet everyone!

As for my signature, it''s a line from one of my favorite movies, Elf. It''s the apology letter that Buddy the Elf leaves on an Etch-a-Sketch for his human family, and I think it''s hiLARious.

Elmorton--I always thought your real name was "Lauren Morton" or something.

MatildaWong--I thought that was your full name! Ha!

LaurenthePartier--Every time I see your screen name I think of a girl who recently graduated from some Big Ten school and spent four years partying, I don''t know why! I can''t believe you let that name go!

Starset--After I saw the picture you posted of your haircut I remember thinking "HOLY COW! That gorgeous woman in her avatar IS HER! You''re just as beautiful as that avatar picture, honestly.

Isaku--I always thought you were Hawaiian, for some reason "Isaku" just sounds Hawaiian to me.

Miscka--I always thought that was your name and you were Russian! How funny the way our screen names shape our perceptions.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I was simply too uninspired/uncreative the day I chose a screen name. Didn''t even give it a thought.

Oh well, I can''t stay incognito anyway when you know where I live (state), and what I look like!!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:30:52 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Well, my story''s sort of twisty-turny, but not really interesting, I don''t think...

J and I posted on a forum together--my name there was ''gwenhyvaer,'' one way to spell ''Guinevere,'' from the Arthurian legends and (at the time) one of my cats. To tease me, he''d call me ''gwendolin,'' because it was close but not quite to my SN. Well, my cat ended up dying, so ''gwenhyvaer'' wasn''t quite as lovely and fun to me anymore, and I quite like J''s version. So that''s the name I used when I signed up here, with the slight adaption to make it the Celtic spelling (with a ''y'' instead of an ''i''), because I think it looks prettier and because it drives J nuts to have Celtic anything, since he''s English.
11.gif
3.gif

It''s much prettier than my actual name, Kristin (which no one in England can pronounce correctly!!!
11.gif
)
Kristin - I totally feel you. I always got "Kirsten" in the UK (I''m a Kristen, too).

My s/n is Krissie - just short for Kristen - and what my parents and some friends call me. The photo on my avatar is of my feet and my fiance''s feet at a bed and breakfast in Bath last May. That''s the last time I felt truly relaxed, so looking at the photo makes me smile
28.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:06:08 PM

36.gif
Hehe, my dogs name is Callie, so you aren''t off quite close actually. Nan has ls gift, those are my initails.
Even better, Lisa!

I didn''t notice the uppercase "I". I wouldn''t make much of a dectective, would I?
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread! I almost started the same one whenI read that post about fisherofmengirly too!

My name also is pretty self-explanatory. I have two longhaired dachshunds, Seamus and Dreamer. I figured that Seamus doesn''t care about diamonds but Dreamer is a very girly girl type dog, so Dreamer it was!

My real name is very very very unusual (never met another one in person, though there are a few on facebook), so I won''t share it because people could very easily identify me with the name and the information I have given on posts, since my job is sort of a public job. If anyone guesses my name I will buy them a .25ct ACA diamond! haha... Kidding.

DD
35.gif

Here is Dreamie-pants

dreamiepants.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
If "isaku" sounds Hawaiian, I''d better keep it!
36.gif

I had the same idea when I saw a post by Lauren the Partier.....too funny
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:01:52 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I picked mine because I originally signed up on PS to ask whether people thought it was weird for me to buy my own diamond as an RHR. Why shouldn''t a gal who was, at the time, independent - since FI and I weren''t dating exclusively yet - have a diamond too? After everyones'' encouragement (so not so independent after all!) I bought a Tiffany Legacy from Signed Pieces with a 0.3 ct center.

So, for me it was the specific context of my initial question - about being on my own but still wanting a diamond - that made me choose my PS nickname.
Indy I read some of your back posts and thought your screen name was totally ironic since you started dating your FI like 2 weeks after joining PS and taking that name! I love it! Cosmic humour!

DD
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:34:25 PM
If ''isaku'' sounds Hawaiian, I''d better keep it!
36.gif
I assumed you were Japanese! Isaku totally seems Japanese to me!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Mine is sort of a long story. In high school, there were a group of us who never had boyfriends and to be tongue and cheek about it, we gave each other questionable nicknames like "American bimbo, Singaporean slut, Russian (russian word for prostitute, I ca''t begin to spell it)" Because we had so many people from other countries that was added in. I didn''t have one until we watched "matchmaker". My family is Irish and during the movie, which took place in Ireland, e an old guy calls his granddaughter a "brazen hussy" and so there is was.

Well, none of the other girls'' names stuck but for reasons that still ellude me, I kept getting the part of the whore is school plays. Salon girl, prostitue, mistress, etc it never failed. The final straw was a school trip to London. When we were watching a stage performance of "my fair lady", Dr Higgins called Eliza a "brazen hussy". The theater people from school laughed so hard the performers actually stopped until they finished and we were on the upper tier!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 4:51:41 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

Oh.. I thought it meant that you liked a lot of parties...?
10.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
mine is a nickname that i had when i played sports in high school. "mim" are the first three letters of my last name and 'zy' is sort of from my first name (Lexi). i actually am not all that fond of it because my sister had the same nickname......as have most of our cousins for that matter....but i was feeling pretty unoriginal the day i signed up. oh well!

for the record, i have no idea what a "mimzy" is, or why there was only one of them left (see box office circa spring 2007)

my tagline is from one of my favorite songs by Limbeck.

i love this thread!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:59:14 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Mine is sort of a long story. In high school, there were a group of us who never had boyfriends and to be tongue and cheek about it, we gave each other questionable nicknames like ''American bimbo, Singaporean slut, Russian (russian word for prostitute, I ca''t begin to spell it)'' Because we had so many people from other countries that was added in. I didn''t have one until we watched ''matchmaker''. My family is Irish and during the movie, which took place in Ireland, e an old guy calls his granddaughter a ''brazen hussy'' and so there is was.

Well, none of the other girls'' names stuck but for reasons that still ellude me, I kept getting the part of the whore is school plays. Salon girl, prostitue, mistress, etc it never failed. The final straw was a school trip to London. When we were watching a stage performance of ''my fair lady'', Dr Higgins called Eliza a ''brazen hussy''. The theater people from school laughed so hard the performers actually stopped until they finished and we were on the upper tier!
I always wondered "why on Earth would anyone call herself that?" but didn''t know how to ask. Now I know--too funny!

Don''t you just love old nicknames? My sister and I call each other Moose and The Weasel. It started when my sister was little and I used to say that she can weasel her way in or out of anything, which is still true. Then I started calling her The Weasel, and for her 13th birthday my mother put me in charge of going out and buying the cake, which I did. It read "Happy Birthday to The Weasel" on it. Nobody else was amused, but I thought it was hilarious.

Well, around that time it became apparent that I was going to be much taller than everyone in my family, so The Weasel started joking about how big I am in comparison to everyone else. Thus, I became Moose. Ah, yes, every young woman dreams of being called Moose. Repeatedly. She even brought a big, mushy moose hat for me from Disney World this year. I like to wear it when I''m grading papers into the wee hours of morning, drinking a glass of wine. It makes me feel eccentric.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:06:08 PM

My tag line, piece of cake and a candle is a bit of a long story. It was my Husband's birthday, and I called the restaurant to see what they could do for him that was special. He said Lady, it's a piece of cake and a candle. It got me to thinking what else in life do you really need??

**NG gift** Refers to Nan, she's been a gift to me. She has **ls gift** on her's referring to me. Aren't we sappy??

The**NG** I actually figured out because you and Nan are close friends, but Nan's **is gift** I didn't get the connection. Btw, not sappy at all!!!
36.gif
Hehe, my dogs name is Callie, so you aren't off quite close actually. Nan has ls gift, those are my initails.
That's MY name! Spelled differently, but pronounced the same
3.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:37:08 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 2/20/2008 6:34:25 PM
If 'isaku' sounds Hawaiian, I'd better keep it!
36.gif
I assumed you were Japanese! Isaku totally seems Japanese to me!
Japanese or Hawaiian, either is good. Actually my ancestors were from Scotland and Ireland. I'm about third generation Canadian; that's good too. When you figure in my hubby (German/Danish) and our DD's husband (Greek), we definitely have no in-breeding
31.gif

ETA: Mustn't forget DDIL who was born in Scotland.
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My screen name is from Dr. Suess''s "The Cat in the Hat." There are two naughty "Things," Thing 1 and Thing 2. (With the red bodies and turquoise hair.) I have a twin sister and my mom used to call us Thing 1 and Thing 2, probably because we were crazy and would run around making messes just like the Things! I was born second, so I''m Thing 2 and my sister is Thing 1. My twin sister actually invented the name Thing1of2, and I liked it a lot so I took Thing2of2.

As for quotes, I used to have a signature but it somehow went away...it was "Diamonds on my neck, di, diamonds on my neck..." because there''s an amazing rap song by Smitty and that''s the hook. My friend told me it was my theme song since I love diamonds so much!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
OU- I attend the University of Oklahoma! I was Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead! Rah-klahoma!!! Hahah I have a lot of school spirit...

Pearlgirl- My real name means pearl so that is my original reasoning behind the name. Second, I absolutely adore pearls.. I seriously can't decide which I like better.. pearls or diamonds. That's probably why my favorite ring incorporates both!

ETA, 10 points for whoever can figure out what my first name is!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:12:41 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 2/20/2008 6:59:14 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Mine is sort of a long story. In high school, there were a group of us who never had boyfriends and to be tongue and cheek about it, we gave each other questionable nicknames like ''American bimbo, Singaporean slut, Russian (russian word for prostitute, I ca''t begin to spell it)'' Because we had so many people from other countries that was added in. I didn''t have one until we watched ''matchmaker''. My family is Irish and during the movie, which took place in Ireland, e an old guy calls his granddaughter a ''brazen hussy'' and so there is was.

Well, none of the other girls'' names stuck but for reasons that still ellude me, I kept getting the part of the whore is school plays. Salon girl, prostitue, mistress, etc it never failed. The final straw was a school trip to London. When we were watching a stage performance of ''my fair lady'', Dr Higgins called Eliza a ''brazen hussy''. The theater people from school laughed so hard the performers actually stopped until they finished and we were on the upper tier!
I always wondered ''why on Earth would anyone call herself that?'' but didn''t know how to ask. Now I know--too funny!

Don''t you just love old nicknames? My sister and I call each other Moose and The Weasel. It started when my sister was little and I used to say that she can weasel her way in or out of anything, which is still true. Then I started calling her The Weasel, and for her 13th birthday my mother put me in charge of going out and buying the cake, which I did. It read ''Happy Birthday to The Weasel'' on it. Nobody else was amused, but I thought it was hilarious.

Well, around that time it became apparent that I was going to be much taller than everyone in my family, so The Weasel started joking about how big I am in comparison to everyone else. Thus, I became Moose. Ah, yes, every young woman dreams of being called Moose. Repeatedly. She even brought a big, mushy moose hat for me from Disney World this year. I like to wear it when I''m grading papers into the wee hours of morning, drinking a glass of wine. It makes me feel eccentric.
Actually, my friend who started the whole nickname game, (american bimbo, they called her that because she was pale like bimbo bread when she lived in mexico) was always the best with nicknames. When her sister was little she had a lot of health problems and had to take suppliments including asedopholus and bifidus (sp). To make her sister feel better she called her asedolpholus and my friend was bifidus, still is to her sister.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results