shape
carat
color
clarity

What's Old Is New! My 3.33 K SI2 OEC.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339381289|3213487 said:
My 1.4 was a loose stone, wonder if it was the same one, Inna! Though I am thinking of selling the pendant...not sure. It is really big on (sacrilege I know) and I think I may need a tad bit less warmth on my neck...maybe more in the N/O category. I'm used to wearing a GIA K so it's like a white dot. I set this in rose gold to help play up the pinky brown tone to the stone (pink instead of yellow). But it's really beautiful and BGD did a fantastic job on the setting. I'll dig out a pic.

Mara yours was loose and an SI2 then? Not the one I was thinking of. Still must see a photo please!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the 1.4c in the pendant. I did a rose gold bezel and a white gold chain. It's beautiful, great work by BGD and this was a custom piece...similar to my .78c K ACA pendant I did with WF years ago. The stone's table is just slightly off center, but it throws a lot of colors and in low light is simply amazing, moreso than my ACA for sure. When I put my son to bed and his night light is on the pendant winks at me in his closet doors, hehe.

1point4cinBGDRGmilgrain-1.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Your pieces are all outstanding -- love them all!! I knew you'd end up with a 3 ct sooner or later! Can't wait to see how long it takes you to get to 4! You did good, lady! And your pics are amazing, too!!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Mara|1339365845|3213324 said:
did a little mini photo shoot with a few of my OEC/OMC's to give my new bauble some company...

3.33c OEC
1.5c OEC in vintage ring
5 stone ~1ctw OEC/OMC ring
4 stone ~1.75ctw OMC ring
.60 OEC ring

the .60 OEC is one of my most favorites in terms of patterning, i often joke if i could clone it and grow it to be 9mm (well now it'd have to be 9.5mm!) that i'd do it in a heartbeat. i plan to put it in some type of pendant at some point.

you can also see some color disparities here...the 3.33 being the warmest of the bunch at a EGL K (i think more like L/M). the 1.5c is a GIA GG eyeball graded J (with grey tone), the 5 stone is a mix of stones from estimated colors H-K; the 4 stone is estimated to be G/H's (and these stones are so lovely, hoping to find a 5th to make a 5 stone at some point); and the .60c is about a J'ish.

i also have a 1.4c S/T OEC which i set into a BGD bezel milgrain rose gold pendant not pictured here, it just wouldn't play nice and hang out with the others (maybe it felt shy about it's rose gold color)...kept rolling off and falling over! all my other OEC/OMC's are loose.
:shock: :shock: :shock: your collection is TO. DIE. FOR. !!!! They're all so gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

This stone continually amazes me with the way it picks up so many surrounding colors around it. It's my first biggie solo OEC...my 1.5c is in a vintage diamond setting and while it does pick up colors around it, it also picks up the diamonds around it probably moreso than the actual surroundings, this stone, maybe because it's a solitaire just picks up anything..! It's so fun.

Snapped this shot in the car yesterday with my iPhone. Just love how it looks here. With my pink sapphire rose gold band.

3point33ring-1-2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, resisting the urge to buy more OECs! Yours are amazingly gorgeous.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
You have such an amazing collection :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
InnaR|1338589857|3207537 said:
Adam has an amazing trade policy (had no idea up until yesterday). Too bad I got my stone back in 2009. I searched his inventory and realized that I would have to pay an extra $2000, to get to the size/color combo I have now. Of course....I can always go lower then I color. Much lower... :twirl:

Do you mean trade-UP (as in upgrade) or trade-IN? or both?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1339688505|3216091 said:
Thanks everyone!!

This stone continually amazes me with the way it picks up so many surrounding colors around it. It's my first biggie solo OEC...my 1.5c is in a vintage diamond setting and while it does pick up colors around it, it also picks up the diamonds around it probably moreso than the actual surroundings, this stone, maybe because it's a solitaire just picks up anything..! It's so fun.

Snapped this shot in the car yesterday with my iPhone. Just love how it looks here. With my pink sapphire rose gold band.

Mara, this is one of the best shots. AMAZING!! Your new ring is just simply gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

You and the other old-cut lovers are responsible for my new passion (more like obsession, lol). I happened to see in person some beautiful beautiful OEC's recently and almost bought one, but didn't (long story)! ;(

May I ask you: what Polish does your stone have? Is it Very Good or Good? I ask because I look up OWD inventory and there are quite a few stones on there that may potentially be candidates, but they only have Good Polish.

May I also ask how you decided that this was "the one"? (aside from size, I guess, lol).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara WOW. It's amazing. And it suits your hand, that size. Great pictures as always. Congratulations on your new honker.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339688505|3216091 said:
Thanks everyone!!

Um, maybe because it's HUGE, it picks up anything! :rodent:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies..!!

Phoenix, it's a G/G polish and symmetry. Which I find interesting because the symmetry to me seems quite good. It's EGL graded.

In terms of how I decided...well size was a huge factor, I really wanted as big of a bang for my buck, and I already had 8.6mm in my previous MRB. I knew I wanted at least 9mm, but I was lucky enough to find a few 9mm's and then this beauty..thankfully (actually I was thinking this today), the pattern on this thing is so freaking beautiful and it had the size I wanted, it just seemed like it was meant to be. It could have just as easily had size but not the pattern or vice versa. There really aren't that many stones that I were able to find that fit all my requirements quite so well, so I feel really lucky to have captured this beauty for a while!

marym

Shiny_Rock
Late to this thread, but I just have to say that this stone is SO incredibly gorgeous! I'm soooo jealous!! :love:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339730234|3216676 said:
In terms of how I decided...well size was a huge factor,

OMFG - I'm DYING here. This has to be the single biggest understatement on PS ever! LOLOL :naughty: :naughty:

But that's what makes us love ya, M! LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAAAAAAAAAAA. So true.

Oh and Phoenix, forgot to say that the OWD trade policy is trade-in or trade-up...doesn't matter. Your value is what you paid towards your new purchase. Considering their massive inventory, I figured they'd be the best bet for finding a future upgrade...whether it's size or color/clarity etc.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your thorough answers, Mara. Glad to hear that OWD has a great upgrade policy. Yes, their inventory is huge. I don't know why I didn't seriously consider them before.

Enjoy your :love: :love: :love: beauty in great health.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, congrats on your new stone, it is stunning! I have been reading your informative posts for years, and always remember you saying that your goal was to have a 3ct, you did it!!! Plus .33 extra. I love it! OEC's are fabulous! Keep posting those wonderful pictures, your photographs are amazing, you really capture the essence of the diamond in all your shots. Congrats again!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wowwww!!!! what gorgeous rings you have, and I love your newest addition!!!! that 3.33 is tdf, truly. what kind of setting are you going to put it in eventually? the temp/solitaire you have it in now looks great already!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pheonix I would hesitate to suggest you buy an OEC except in very particular cicumstances... perhaps start a thread about it? I dont want to thread jack here. OECs are really not the right type of cut for everyone! Mostly low colors, wonky, Good polish is really great polish etc...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bumping with a few iphone photos, since i'm obsessed with taking pics of Maku.

a flash photo just for fun! an awesome photo at my salon ...i was getting a pedicure and looked at my ring and went "holy crap"..!! and then the pic i posted in Tacori's thread as well taken under an outside patio table during daylight. so yummy. i just love how this stone performs. i could stare at it all day (and often i spend a lot of time doing just that!).

I also have some stackers that I love wearing with the ring....the simplicity of a solitaire is so fun to pair with diff bands!

a few people asked about the ruby band in the last pic, it's a french cut antique platinum natural ruby band. i got it on ebay a little while ago. i'm looking for a sapphire one but a tough thing about these old vintage bands and the fact they are eternity is that it can be really hard to find one in exactly the right size! so many of them seem to be sizes 7-9, but i need a 5.75 or 6.

3point33flashbeauty-1.jpg

3point33undersalonlights-1.jpg

_340.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found some other pics I guess I never posted!

3point33thirdroundpics-1-2.jpg

3point33thirdroundpics-1-3.jpg

3point33thirdroundpics-1-7.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: I especially love the one on his little hand!

OK, maybe I'm crazy because I SWEAR I do not suffer from DSS on my own stuff, but...

This no longer looks massive on your hand to me. Looks perfect. Which means you have my blessing to go bigger. :devil:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Wowwie Mara, the pic with the little one is such a beauty! How is it you can get those pastels so well in those pictures! It looks painted! Jealousy!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1343429183|3241627 said:
:love: I especially love the one on his little hand!

OK, maybe I'm crazy because I SWEAR I do not suffer from DSS on my own stuff, but...

This no longer looks massive on your hand to me. Looks perfect. Which means you have my blessing to go bigger. :devil:

Ha ha ha - I was thinking the same thing. It looked massive at first, now it looks normal. And perfect. :wacko:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha right ladies?!!??! I swear it looks normal now and not too big.

Pastels..diffused lighting with a lot of colors around me seems to be the best for picking up those colors. Then just play them up with editing software! I love playing around with photos and seeing what can pop out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the recent pictures, Mara!!! :love: That is a gorgeous stone and I also think it looks like a nice size on you! I think trying on that 3 ct. OEC last weekend totally reoriented my size perspective! I think I have DSS for the first time! :lol:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Have I posted already? Perhaps I was only lurking before...but this is one amazing solitaire!!!!!! OH my and your pictures are so clear!!!! So so so beautiful...I think it is the perfect size for your hand :D :D :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Mara, how do you capture those amazing colors in your OEC? I can see them in person but can't seem to capture them on camera. After attempting some pictures myself, I am even more in awe of yours!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new pics are stunning!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just noticed this got bumped. Thanks ladies..!! I still count my lucky stars that Adam found me this stone.

DS...haha hang around PS long enough and you eventually get DSS!!

AW... just keep taking pics and you'll get the hang of it. I take a lot of pics, whenever I feel like the stone looks really amazing I'll just take some iPhone pics or if I have my Canon I'll macro it, and I get a few good ones eventually. The colors in these old stones with the big facets are just soooo amazing. The pic with the pastels where I have the pink sapphire and ruby bands on was just with my iPhone under a patio table at work! You never know when you can get a great shot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results