shape
carat
color
clarity

What's Old Is New! My 3.33 K SI2 OEC.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG MARA!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: That is pure beauty. And HUGE! 8) I absolutely love it and you are making me crave a big ole honkin' old cut myself!!! Enjoy it. She is just unbelievable! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori said:
It's embarrassing but I just wet my pants from excitement. It's beautiful!!!!!!

:lol:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KD...don't you have a giant honking old cut??? Is my memory failing me?

Sharon, I hope so too!!

Pinky finger...yes that is what happens when I cut my son's hair in the bathtub and am trying out new thinning shears. I try to thin my finger. The day before my new ring came, lol. Fail.

YayTacori... :lol:

This reminds me I need to get those other pics off my camera!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339126031|3211587 said:

Sharon, I hope so too!!

Pinky finger...yes that is what happens when I cut my son's hair in the bathtub and am trying out new thinning shears. I try to thin my finger. The day before my new ring came, lol. Fail.

YayTacori... :lol:

This reminds me I need to get those other pics off my camera!
OW.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
few more pics of the ring. i obviously love diamonds in flowers! :love: :naughty:

dare I say that after a week with this lovely, it looks 'normal' on my hand now? DSS is a cruel taskmaster. :lol:

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-4.jpg

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-7.jpg

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-9.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last ones, for now! thanks for looking!! ::)

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-10.jpg

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-11.jpg

3point33 OEC temp setting 2nd round-1-13.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

I just had a mini o. Can I say that here? Hahaha

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339169550|3211844 said:

file.jpg

This one is badass.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mara, it's drop dead gorgeous :love: :love: :love: I am so happy you've found such a beautiful stone with the size you've been craving! It looks so amazing on you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
onedrop|1338559016|3207226 said:
Mara, your new/old OEC is stunning!!!! Even better than in the pictures you posted on the other thread. I just love the personality of the stone. The old cuts we are seeing around PS these days are just awesome. Thanks for sharing yours!

this.

imo, white/colorless diamonds are for the most part boring.....this diamond has PERSONALITY plus. :appl:

congrats, Mara. the road was long but you enjoyed the journey. i'm betting you're still not at the end of the road, though.......

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1339169881|3211851 said:
Mara|1339169550|3211844 said:

file.jpg

This one is badass.

lol ditto :love: :love: :love:

Mara this should be your AVATAR :love: :appl: :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

I have a question though Mara, do you post produce the pics? I never post mine, but I think I should as it makes for a fab picture and clearer contrast of facets, etc. Or is this what your canon 850 is taking?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I post produce everything... even iPhone photos using Camera+. I love post production. Plus there are so many fun things you can do with making the subject look dreamy or high-contrast or high-color. Things like how much sunlight or light can really affect how the SOOC looks so post production is my best friend.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1339178634|3211938 said:
Oh I post produce everything... even iPhone photos using Camera+. I love post production. Plus there are so many fun things you can do with making the subject look dreamy or high-contrast or high-color. Things like how much sunlight or light can really affect how the SOOC looks so post production is my best friend.

I really need to get off my lazy a** and post. But it's too much work for me to sort though photos, resize, and upload!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1339179745|3211949 said:
Mara|1339178634|3211938 said:

I really need to get off my lazy a** and post. But it's too much work for me to sort though photos, resize, and upload!

I have a system I worked out using Lightroom and it's super easy. I can edit like 30pics within an hour. And the upload happens regardless so it's the same time.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am terrible with technology - it never even occurred to me that your photos didn't look like that when you took them! I was thinking, "HOLY MOLY, I need a camera like Mara's!" Those photos are flat amazing. :naughty:

And yes, I hear you about the DSS - funny (in a non-haha sort of way) how something that originally looks like a crown jewel can appear right at home on your finger a few short days later... :sick:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha...well the camera DOES take really fantastic pictures, you can't create something out of nothing. For comparison, here's one of the images, the rose red one so many liked SOOC before editing...all i did was resize so that PS could take the upload. I use the Canon 850 which a few PS'ers have, it takes the BEST macro pictures, I got it used on eBay for $75 with free ship, totally awesome, I use it just for diamond/gem photos. I love playing around with images in general and I love 'vibrance' especially in gem photos.

IMG_2236.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My new OMB cushion is my one "honking" stone and according to my husband it's more than enough diamond for me right now. ;( I do have 2 dainty little old cut rings - one from Lang's, one from Fourtane's - they're cute and delicate but the stones are very petite and it's nothing like your collection of giant rocks!!! I'm soooo jelly of your treasures!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling|1339260591|3212559 said:

My new OMB cushion is my one "honking" stone and according to my husband it's more than enough diamond for me right now. ;( I do have 2 dainty little old cut rings - one from Lang's, one from Fourtane's - they're cute and delicate but the stones are very petite and it's nothing like your collection of giant rocks!!! I'm soooo jelly of your treasures!!!

We need to get together soon and do a show and tell!!! :naughty:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1339263113|3212600 said:
KristyDarling|1339260591|3212559 said:

We need to get together soon and do a show and tell!!! :naughty:

yes please. :D

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning stone and beautiful photos, Mara!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, thanks for the before and after photos. I can usually get software for free, so I will have to lightroom to the list! I think you take better pics than I do with the same camera...I do not have a steady hand and am too lazy to use my mini tripod!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
did a little mini photo shoot with a few of my OEC/OMC's to give my new bauble some company...

3.33c OEC
1.5c OEC in vintage ring
5 stone ~1ctw OEC/OMC ring
4 stone ~1.75ctw OMC ring
.60 OEC ring

the .60 OEC is one of my most favorites in terms of patterning, i often joke if i could clone it and grow it to be 9mm (well now it'd have to be 9.5mm!) that i'd do it in a heartbeat. i plan to put it in some type of pendant at some point.

you can also see some color disparities here...the 3.33 being the warmest of the bunch at a EGL K (i think more like L/M). the 1.5c is a GIA GG eyeball graded J (with grey tone), the 5 stone is a mix of stones from estimated colors H-K; the 4 stone is estimated to be G/H's (and these stones are so lovely, hoping to find a 5th to make a 5 stone at some point); and the .60c is about a J'ish.

i also have a 1.4c S/T OEC which i set into a BGD bezel milgrain rose gold pendant not pictured here, it just wouldn't play nice and hang out with the others (maybe it felt shy about it's rose gold color)...kept rolling off and falling over! all my other OEC/OMC's are loose.

3point33thirdroundpics-1-5.jpg

3point33thirdroundpics-1-6.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gasp / jaw drops to floor... OMG!!!! I even brought my DH over to look at those photos!!! um.... YUMMY!!!! :love: :love: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, that is one heck of an old cut collection! :love: :love: :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your collection! Swoon...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MARA YOU bought the 1.4 ST? I need to see some photos, I had a serious crush on that. Was it the one in the bezel mount on ebay?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara--I'll be in my usual spot in Aug....you bring that vintage 1.5 OEC ring and I'll bring cash..... hehheheeeee :bigsmile: ;))

cheers--Sharon

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
Love your collection! Can you place all of them under a tree with some son coming through the leaves and take another family picture? I would love to see the rainbow of colors from all of them. And please show us your S-T (how about a separate picture, so she won't feel shy? ). I was eyeing a S-T diamond about a month ago but somebody else won it. I'm stalking now a S-T 1.4 cushion from Erica/Grace, but doubt it will wait for me till December bonuses time. :twirl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 1.4 was a loose stone, wonder if it was the same one, Inna! Though I am thinking of selling the pendant...not sure. It is really big on (sacrilege I know) and I think I may need a tad bit less warmth on my neck...maybe more in the N/O category. I'm used to wearing a GIA K so it's like a white dot. I set this in rose gold to help play up the pinky brown tone to the stone (pink instead of yellow). But it's really beautiful and BGD did a fantastic job on the setting. I'll dig out a pic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results