shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your Achilles Heel? (food related)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Homemade cookies right out of the oven.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chipotle, double meat (chiken and steak), my DH and I split it, and their chips and guacomole. Can't resist it. If anyone even suggest we go there, I'm in.

Donuts. Don't even say the word to me. Although, I am getting better at this. i haven't had one in many months.

Panera Bagels, everything.

Except the Chipotle, i can avoid the other.

Oh, and a place in Atascadero, called Hush Harbor cafe. To Die For sourdough bread and pretty much everything they make there. If you live anywhere close, you must go. Your welcome.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
O
R
E
O
S

Can't not eat them. If I see the bag... I EAT THEM ALL! I will eat your kids' oreos if they are left unattended. Your grandma's too... I just can't not eat them. Just. CAN'T.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
Chipotle, double meat (chiken and steak), my DH and I split it, and their chips and guacomole. Can't resist it. If anyone even suggest we go there, I'm in.

Donuts. Don't even say the word to me. Although, I am getting better at this. i haven't had one in many months.

Oh, and a place in Atascadero, called Hush Harbor cafe. To Die For sourdough bread and pretty much everything they make there. If you live anywhere close, you must go. Your welcome.

Are you on the central coast?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
A big piece of spicy fried chicken skin. The crispier, the better. And also spicy tuna with avocado slices on top of rice. Mmmmm!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gummy type candies.

Pizza.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... this list might be a bit random and long, I am going to blame that on being pregnant. haha.

Lay's Dill Pickle Chips

Filled Long John Donuts from our local bakery

Krave Cereal

White Chocolate Oreo Hershey Bars

Soft Preztels

Chipotle...chicken, extra rice, extra cheese, hot salsa burrito. And their chips and salsa. mmmm.

Panera...cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese for breakfast, broccoli cheese bread bowl for lunch/dinner

Sour Gummy Candy

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A million things. When I crave, I crave, and I will go through anything to kill my craving.

Chocolate, coffee, bread (yes, just plain ol' white bread itself!), pasta, melted cheese, pho, ketchup (specifically the one at Umami Burger. I will wait an hour to eat there just to get their ketchup on my fries), steak!!, vinegar, lemon, pepper, ice cream, thai tea, earl grey anything, taro anything, boba, truffle oil anything, sandwiches with an egg with runny yolk.. oh gosh… see what I mean?

And when I crave something, it's super specific. Sometimes I just crave crave crave something sour, and I'll want dumplings so I can dip something and eat vinegar. Sometimes I really really really want something super chewy, so I'll want udon noodles or boba.

Sometimes I crave a flavor (matcha green tea ice cream, a latte, a dessert?) and sometimes I crave a specific type of food (dessert vs. savory entree). Sometimes I crave a theme/cuisine. Sometimes a specific item (pickles). Sometimes a texture (chewy, soft, liquids… usually chewy). It's so weird.

If I'm like this on a day-to-day basis, I really fear for how I'll be like when I'm pregnant!!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
What can I not say no to? As in, " here Jane, eat this" as someone offers a tray of tasty food to my face?

Hmmm, even if I was really full from a delicious meal, I'd still eat:
Warm fresh baked bread with lashings of butter.
Really good chocolate, like gianduja.
Stilton.
Pineapple.
Fresh shucked oyster with mignonette.
Hand made ramen in savory broth.

But not all at once. Because then I'd be like Mr Creosote from The Meaning of Life. :knockout:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1371076529|3464572 said:

YES! Me too! My husband has to literally hide it from me or hide his share. Otherwise it's gone! A giant bag of Doritos doesn't last a day. Seriously I have major chips addiction.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
When we lived in Japan we use to always buy the flavored kit Kat bars. They have over 500 flavors like Green Tea, Purple potatoe, Pepper Flakes etc. Some are horrible but the Green Tea Kit Kat Bars are to die for!!!! I still have friends that during the winter months will ship over a carton or two to me. I try to conserve them and make them last but it never works. :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1371080723|3464605 said:
Dee*Jay|1371077115|3464574 said:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups :twirl:
How could I forget Reese's Peanut Butter Cups???? Numnumnum..

Anything peanut butter. The kicker is that I really cannot eat it because it causes my face to break out so usually I resist. But sometimes I just can't. Especially because we keep a lot of it in the house as my dh likes pb too and has it for a snack at least a few times a week and sometimes I even make him a pb&j sandwich for lunch. I amaze myself sometimes with my willpower. If the pb didn't cause my face to flare I would eat it every day. It's the most delicious food to me. And when added with dark chocolate, well, watch out!!! :lickout:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1371091034|3464706 said:
luv2sparkle said:

Are you on the central coast?

Only in my dreams, amc. My in-laws live in Santa Maria, and we have spent every summer for about 25 years in Pismo. We have three trips planned for this summer, and we are going up this weekend for Father's Day.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Almost any kind of cheese and potato chips. I went to a homepathic doctors some yrs ago, and he explained to me that most people are either sweet eaters or salt eaters. I am a salt eater. I accept and enbrace my fate.

Annette

amc80

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
Only in my dreams, amc. My in-laws live in Santa Maria, and we have spent every summer for about 25 years in Pismo. We have three trips planned for this summer, and we are going up this weekend for Father's Day.

Ah I see. My parents are in Grover.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so here is a list, but I know it's more than this. Mostly my cravings are for savory things and not so much with sweets.

Pickles...anytime, I just need them! It's been this way since I was a kid and my Grandmother had to keep them in the house for me lol

Salsa, but I only really crave it from one particular restaurant and when I need it, I need it. My mom has this same addiction and when we go to lunch there, she buys two of their salsa's to go lol

Any carb. I really just can't help myself.

Birch beer. They don't have it many places, so when I get it, it is a treat. Sometimes DH and I will hit up this really great little pizza place solely for getting their birch beer and (gasp) friend pickles. Thankfully it isn't a regular occurrence...oh and their brick oven pizzas are pretty damn fabulous too!

Damn it. It's 10am and what i wouldn't give for some La Paz salsa, with a giant birch beer!!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I cant believe Only One Person Said This...

BACON!!

huge swipes of salted butter on a freshly toasted bagel.

dark, DARK chocolate, typically 83+ percent. I telll myself that because it's dark chocolate, I'm actually doing my body a favor :appl:

might explain my recent 10lb weight gain :(sad

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red Vines. Oh goodness, they are like crack for me.

Thank goodness my son's little league season is over. I HAD to have a bag or two of those things each game!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1371096595|3464754 said:
A million things. When I crave, I crave, and I will go through anything to kill my craving.

Chocolate, coffee, bread (yes, just plain ol' white bread itself!), pasta, melted cheese, pho, ketchup (specifically the one at Umami Burger. I will wait an hour to eat there just to get their ketchup on my fries), steak!!, vinegar, lemon, pepper, ice cream, thai tea, earl grey anything, taro anything, boba, truffle oil anything, sandwiches with an egg with runny yolk.. oh gosh… see what I mean?

And when I crave something, it's super specific. Sometimes I just crave crave crave something sour, and I'll want dumplings so I can dip something and eat vinegar. Sometimes I really really really want something super chewy, so I'll want udon noodles or boba.

Sometimes I crave a flavor (matcha green tea ice cream, a latte, a dessert?) and sometimes I crave a specific type of food (dessert vs. savory entree). Sometimes I crave a theme/cuisine. Sometimes a specific item (pickles). Sometimes a texture (chewy, soft, liquids… usually chewy). It's so weird.

If I'm like this on a day-to-day basis, I really fear for how I'll be like when I'm pregnant!!!!
Madelise,

There is never a time when one has to say no to coffee!

Coffee is the juice of the Gods!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1371142058|3465052 said:

Thank goodness my son's little league season is over. I HAD to have a bag or two of those things each game!

Yes! My husband thought he would be nice and by me one of those giant cylinders of red vines. Which meant I had to eat all of them. Eek.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Goldfish. There is something magical about them.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Popcorn. Anytime. Anywhere.

Once that aroma hits my nose it's game over. I am running to the source of that scent, throwing people out of my way to buy a nice big bag, for myself (I don't share)... I don't even dare buy the microwave kind to keep at home... only for special occasions.

Oh and popcorn dipped in that fake nacho cheese you get in the movie theaters. Dip. OMG HEAVEN :lickout:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1371072156|3464504 said:
Cheetohs. The soft puffy kind. Fried air. Love. them.

I can't believe I forgot this. Haagen-Dazs Carmel Cone ice cream. Carmel ice cream, carmel swirls, chocolate covered cone pieces, just the right amount of salt to balance. Sweet Perfection.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starbucks peppermint white mochas. I CANNOT pass a Starbucks without wanting one. I can sometimes resist going in and actually getting one, but...

And they have to be in the disposable cups, not proper mugs - they don't cool as evenly I think and I swear they taste different! And they have to have whipped cream and chocolate flakes on top. The local Starbucks folk see me coming down the walk and start making a Venti, no need to even order :-o

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
French fries. I can't believe no one's listed them yet!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1371124691|3464878 said:
When we lived in Japan we use to always buy the flavored kit Kat bars. They have over 500 flavors like Green Tea, Purple potatoe, Pepper Flakes etc. Some are horrible but the Green Tea Kit Kat Bars are to die for!!!! I still have friends that during the winter months will ship over a carton or two to me. I try to conserve them and make them last but it never works. :nono:

Ack, I want to try all those flavors! Here in Asianville, we have multiple supermarkets and quicky-mart shops that have the green tea ones! They're soooooo good, but so expensive!!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny|1371148024|3465132 said:
French fries. I can't believe no one's listed them yet!

Oh man, with vinegar and ketchup? YES!!! I can't say no. I may only have a few, but I WILL have at least one!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not much of an ice cream person, but I do love Baskin and Robbins peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. If we have some in the freezer, I can hear it talking to me upstairs. So I don't buy it very often.

Amc, I would love to live in Grover. Maybe some day. Although we loved Lake Arrowhead and when we moved there it was awful. I would hate to ruin another favorite vacation spot. My kids did love the mountains though.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1371096595|3464754 said:

i think we're the same person! and now i'm hungry....

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1371142593|3465062 said:
House Cat|1371142058|3465052 said:

Yes! My husband thought he would be nice and by me one of those giant cylinders of red vines. Which meant I had to eat all of them. Eek.

When I am at Costco, I can't even look at those tubs. They're so inexpensive. I will come home with three or four of them!

Then, I will live on them.

Then, I will be 700 pounds and they will have to cut a wall out of my house... just so that I can go to Costco to get more Red Vines!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results