shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best way to set a grayish yellowish green stone?

Which setting will showcase the greenish color of the stone best?

• Three-Stone With White/Warm Pears: platinum shank, 18K RG center basket

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Halo with White/Warm Round Melee: all-platinum halo, prongs and shank

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 12:51:35 AM
Author: tsavvy
I agree with the rose gold suggestions (this thread has me yearning for an RG halo after seeing TL''s photos....). That said, I also think Ma Re''s suggestion of other green stones is a good one. Leon Mege has a ring with a peridot center with diamond and tsavorite halos that is beautiful AND he just put up a rose gold ring w/ blue-green diamond center and pink diamond halo. Both color combos would look good with your stone, IMHO.

I was also considering whether a RG halo may look good w/ a spess hence the tweaking of color in the pic below -- I tried adding in the color of your stone (lower left) but had a hard time copying the color in the picture...
WOW, Tsavvy!!! Your photoshop skills are amazing! How in the world did you capture the greenish-yellow-green tone of this stone? Thank you so much for taking the time to show us such gorgeous possibilities, especially with the Leon Mege RG and halo settings. Maybe in my next life, I''ll either win the lotto or have royal family kin to be able to own that heart-stopping blue-green diamond ring in RG. YOWZA!!!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

I am a mere mortal after all who works for a living. Without the gray and yellow modifiers, I''d never be able to own a diamond with a somewhat greenish color. And I am salivating over that orange diamond ring too!!!

Good lord, woman, you make me want to sell my house just to get my greasy hands on that beauty!
27.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL and PR, you are both my colored diamond heroes. Absolutely gorgeous orange diamonds, ladies! It baffles me that they are just laying around and not being worn in a setting. Come on, get these projects going!
11.gif
Ooooh, maybe you can both get together and make a matching pair of dangle earrings. Then you can wear them alternately, with joint custody. Now I want an orange cleftless heart!!!
emcry.gif

Chrono, how about resetting your L OMC with a rose gold halo???
31.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Mochi, thank you!! You have amazing photo skills, and you inspired me to think outside the box, especially outside in the sun. Who would have thought an empty Clinique foundation''s mirror would do the trick?
35.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 5:45:01 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 11/7/2009 5:26:52 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 11/7/2009 11:52:02 AM
Author: Chrono
Tsavy,
Awesome pictures.

Wow, TL and PR both have orange diamonds. I take it they are not yet set?
I have lots of colored diamonds that aren''t set yet. My biggest quandry is how to set a greyish lilac diamond I have (60 points). I don''t think it would work with any color gold, but it''s so pretty!!

Well PR,
I can''t wait to see what you come up with. This thread is so much fun, and thanks again to Tsavvy for her wonderful photoshopping. Can you imagine that one vivid green diamond in the Leon pink halo? If anyone ever had such a ring and put it in SMTR, it would probably cause PS to come crashing down due to all the looks and comments. WOWZA
30.gif
I set mine in rose gold and white gold! It was the only combination that worked! :)

We have orange twins! I''ll take some more photos tomorrow because mine''s not as brown as the photo suggests but if you''d like to send me yours .................. no? Oh well!
9.gif
Like you, I''ve got quite a few coloured diamonds unset. Perhaps we should combine and create one mammoth piece lol!
How about a MAMMOTH diamond tree? I can see it now...diamond fruits of all shapes, colors and flavors....

Sighhh......if only diamonds grew on trees....we get to carry our diamond baskets and pick them when they''re good and ripe....
30.gif

Then we can have diamond season, like Fall and Summer!
31.gif

Oooh, and they would grow from different types of metals, like the Platinum tree, Rose Gold Tree, Yellow Gold tree....

Okay, getting carried away. I go away now.

diamondtree.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful new pictures PR. Your stone is really well cut for a colored diamond. Love those arrows!!! Keep us posted on your plans for your beautiful new gem.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR - WOW look at those arrows! I totally agree with TL that finding a coloured diamond that''s as well cut as that is incredible! Well done you!

TL/PR - Rather than threadjack here, I''ve taken a few photos of my loose coloured diamonds that you might like to see so I''ll start a new thread.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your help and feedback, ladies!!!
36.gif

I have decided to keep it classic with the cathedral setting but with a RG head, if possible. I love the contrast of the green and red/pink.

I will try to see if my jeweler can create the head in 18K RG. If not, all-platinum wouldn't be bad either.

I think the white metal will also help accentuate the greenish hue of the stone.

Hopefully I will be able to get this project started by the end of this month.

I will definitely keep you guys posted if I have any updates!
1.gif

ETA: TL and LD, thank you for your kind comments and suggestions about my stone! You are both my colored diamond heroes..and possibly twins!
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR,
Is it me or is your new diamond showing some pink too? As for the L OMC, before I even think about a rose gold halo, I need to decide when I''m done with all the upgrades first.
11.gif
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 7:19:15 PM
Author: Chrono
PR,
Is it me or is your new diamond showing some pink too? As for the L OMC, before I even think about a rose gold halo, I need to decide when I''m done with all the upgrades first.
11.gif
9.gif
Chrono, the diamond "appears" to have some pink tones in the photo. It''s so tricky to photograph the true greenish color because all sorts of colors and hues come out instead. The lighting, angle and background influences how it appears in photos.

Seriously, I can see you sporting a 3 ct. L or M OMC in the future! Maybe even a colored diamond...
11.gif

How does your hubby feel about the upgrades?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see, so your camera is capturing the dispersion? As for my upgrade, I''m thinking of stopping at around the 2.5 ct mark. Hubby just rolls his eyes.
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
PR, I saw your post in the upgrade thread and had to seek out this diamond of yours! Wow, it is so unusual, I am sure pictures don''t even begin to capture what it really looks like. I would LOVE to see it in person, I am having a hard time imagining what bright white light return looks like against the backdrop of that ever changing, peachygreenyellowbrown body color. It must be awesome!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 5:02:22 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
PR, I saw your post in the upgrade thread and had to seek out this diamond of yours! Wow, it is so unusual, I am sure pictures don't even begin to capture what it really looks like. I would LOVE to see it in person, I am having a hard time imagining what bright white light return looks like against the backdrop of that ever changing, peachygreenyellowbrown body color. It must be awesome!
Haha..Dreamer, I love this word.
3.gif
That's exactly what I see when it's unset, especially in shaded sunlight. When she was set in a rose gold head, the green just came alive. It was like magic! Her color also became deeper. Sometimes I'd see blue-green, forest or teal green. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the workmanship of the ring, so I'm back to square one.

You are absolutely right, colored diamonds do need to be seen in person. Sometimes pictures can't capture their true beauty...they can be very elusive, especially the green hues.

Tourmaline_Lover has a 1.5 green diamond similar to mine, and hers is set in rose gold. It's quite beautiful!

Thanks for your post!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results