shape
carat
color
clarity

What Interests do you have outside of jewlery?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
One of my main loves in life is horses. I love to ride, train, raise, breed, show, own, be around, groom, bathe, and smell horses. I teach lessons part time (dressage based), own two geldings right now, and will be saving for a broodmare again when we get our own place. I''m especially deeply involved in arabians, but I want an anglo to event with someday. I plan to take lessons again when I can afford it.
Some of my other interests:
I have a deep love for reading. I love to learn and I love a good novel too
working out, jogging, swimming, hiking, biking, anything physical
photography, painting, drawing
baking, cooking (mostly baking)
ATVS
Airboats
fishing
most animals, I''m going to school for animal sciences
gardening
blogging and forums
raising pigs and chickens
health

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the jersey shore
i love the yankees
i love travelling
i love being with family
i love reading and writing
i love walking around huge antique stores
and i love going to breakfast on saturday mornings!
1.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 2:18:18 PM
Author: dragonfly411
One of my main loves in life is horses. I love to ride, train, raise, breed, show, own, be around, groom, bathe, and smell horses. I teach lessons part time (dressage based), own two geldings right now, and will be saving for a broodmare again when we get our own place. I''m especially deeply involved in arabians, but I want an anglo to event with someday. I plan to take lessons again when I can afford it.
Some of my other interests:
I have a deep love for reading. I love to learn and I love a good novel too
working out, jogging, swimming, hiking, biking, anything physical
photography, painting, drawing
baking, cooking (mostly baking)
ATVS
Airboats
fishing
most animals, I''m going to school for animal sciences
gardening
blogging and forums
raising pigs and chickens
health
Hi, Dragonfly!
35.gif

YAY, another horse person!!!
9.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fun to read everyone''s interests and hobbies. Great thread! Here are mine...

Jewelry - I love jewelry so much that I started making my own. I use AAA gemstone beads and sterling silver or vermeil. I love creating delicate, simple designs that showcase the beauty of the stones.

Hiking, kayaking & skiing - DH and I love hiking and skiing in Colorado. We also love to kayak and actually have 15'' kayaks in our condo closet... we found a manufacturer that make foldable touring kayaks (Feathercraft). I would love to be able to take them with us and travel around kayaking in different places, but for now the Chicago River (bleh!) and Lake Michigan will have to do.

Interior Design - I''m obsessed with interior design - especially European contemporary design. Ligne Roset is my favorite store... wish I could just move into their showroom!

Auto Racing - My all time biggest passion/hobby is car racing. I''ve been road racing (meaning not oval circuits) for 12 years in a ''69 Porsche 911 and I love it!!! I mostly race in the midwest, but have also been to the southeast as well. One of the most exciting times I had was racing at Daytona. There is a road circuit in the infield that uses the high banks at either end. That was so much fun! One funny compliment I got was after a race I had with a Lotus. We diced back and forth the whole time... him faster on the straights and me faster in the corners. He ended up beating me to the finish line (we were on a 4mi 14 turn track up in WI). After the race he came up to me and said excitedly in his South African accent... ''Wow, you''ve got balls! I''ve never met a woman with balls!''. I''ll never forget that... so funny!! I actually should be up in WI racing this weekend, but work got in the way this time.

39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Travel and tax policy (!).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I love photography, video games, dancing, music, reading, languages, animals, decorating, cooking, and fashion!
5.gif
That''s a long list.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoes.

Yes. My life only consists of shoes and jewelry.

And occasionally, baked goods.

What a weird life I live...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
cbs, where at the Jersey shore do you go?

I love movies and reading. I love sitting on a beach under an umbrella reading.

I love animals.

I love photography, and take a decent picture except of my jewelry!

I love web surfing and being on PS.

I used to like needlepointing and other crafts but I am lacking the time and patience for it now.

I like watching sports more now than I used to.

I love going out for nice dinners and I love sleeping in on a Sunday and having brunch.

I love puzzles and word searches and brain teasers.

I love decorating, being in new interesting places (not getting there but being there) I also love cooking when it is not for kids who are never like the same thing at the same time.

I love fashion and putting outfits together for different events.

I love make up and beauty products in general.

I love going to galleries and museums and botanical gardens.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:55:44 PM
Author: diamondfan
cbs, where at the Jersey shore do you go?

I love movies and reading. I love sitting on a beach under an umbrella reading.

I love animals.

I love photography, and take a decent picture except of my jewelry!

I love web surfing and being on PS.

I used to like needlepointing and other crafts but I am lacking the time and patience for it now.

I like watching sports more now than I used to.

I love going out for nice dinners and I love sleeping in on a Sunday and having brunch.

I love puzzles and word searches and brain teasers.

I love decorating, being in new interesting places (not getting there but being there) I also love cooking when it is not for kids who are never like the same thing at the same time.

I love fashion and putting outfits together for different events.

I love make up and beauty products in general.

I love going to galleries and museums and botanical gardens.

Diamond Fan,
I go to Long Beach Island.. i have since i was a kid.. do you know it???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
cbs, I live in Philly, an L.A. transplant. We love Stone Harbor/Avalon and are renting a house there for a month in August. I think LBI is north of where we are? Near Harvey Cedars and Sea Isle City, right?

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
yes yes.. harvey cedars is on the actual island. i am from North Jersey... Avalon is amazing. i have been there a few times also!!! my sister just moved to LA from philly... funny!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2008 1:20:58 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 7/17/2008 11:48:26 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
imported Japanese koi

Swarovski crystals

rare U.S. coins

American muscle cars

You and my DH both DF. He loves muscle cars. He had a 1957 Chevy that he re-built. Custom paint and all. It was gorgeous. He sold it a few years ago, now he regrets it.
39.gif
4 yrs ago i sold a beautiful 70 Camaro RS/Z28 too cheap.
39.gif
this car only had 9600 original miles. 2 yrs later the car was feature in Hemmings Muscle magazine.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:45:37 AM
Author: jcrow
hum....

traveling
knitting
blogging
designing stationery

i know i design for a living, but i LOVE working on stationery and the chances to do so are few and far between.

oh, and i also LOVE going to garage sales + antique stores!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I moved a while back but love it here!

I forget to add I like bead shopping and making things, though I am not that talented at it!

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 3:38:26 PM
Author: portia

Auto Racing - My all time biggest passion/hobby is car racing. I''ve been road racing (meaning not oval circuits) for 12 years in a ''69 Porsche 911 and I love it!!! I mostly race in the midwest, but have also been to the southeast as well. One of the most exciting times I had was racing at Daytona. There is a road circuit in the infield that uses the high banks at either end. That was so much fun! One funny compliment I got was after a race I had with a Lotus. We diced back and forth the whole time... him faster on the straights and me faster in the corners. He ended up beating me to the finish line (we were on a 4mi 14 turn track up in WI). After the race he came up to me and said excitedly in his South African accent... ''Wow, you''ve got balls! I''ve never met a woman with balls!''. I''ll never forget that... so funny!! I actually should be up in WI racing this weekend, but work got in the way this time.

39.gif

That''s awesome!! Any pics of the Porsche??!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
shop
I cook
I shop
I cook
Haha - other than that I love going to the beach, lunch with girlfriends and working out.
I also play with the kids a lot - they are at such fun ages right now.
Decorating is something I love doing, though I really have to be in the mood.
My cat and dog are hobbies, too. Especially the cat. Just keeping his long hair brushed is a hobby!
9.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 5:54:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Shoes.

Yes. My life only consists of shoes and jewelry.

And occasionally, baked goods.

What a weird life I live...
LOL!! I love it... what more does a girl need? haha

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 7:26:27 PM
Author: lisamarie84

Date: 7/17/2008 3:38:26 PM
Author: portia

39.gif

That''s awesome!! Any pics of the Porsche??!
9.gif
I''ll see if I can find some to post.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love to read... Just about anything I can get my hands on, but my favorite authors are Dean Koontz and JK Rowling. (Harry Potter rules!!) I also love to exercise and be outside. I play multiple instruments and I love to sing as well. I am a teacher, so of course I love kids, but I LOVE babies. They''re just so darn cute and fat...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
My main interests are centered around jewelry...i work with it ,study it ,wear it...but i also enjoy...
1-film and telivision...everything about visual entertainment....history,trivia,the making of films.
2-Art history..-I love art in almost every form and its history and the artists.Studied art history in college.
3-Antiques...anything old...as an appraiser i like anything old and with a story and shopping for them
4-marketing and advirtising...just recieved a degree in Communication and Business...love taking an object or business and building a marketing strategy for it.
5-talking with people...people are so intersting and each one has an interesting story.
6-Study of religions and why people believe the way they do.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:16:04 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 7/17/2008 1:19:07 PM
Author: meresal
Golf is more of a passion than an interest.
I love going to sporting events. Go COWBOYS!!
I love being with my family.
Vacations and last minute getaways.

I GOOGLE everything, and I'm really good at it!!!
My earliest memories of television are of Cowboys games and Roger Staubach. Also, aren't you going to Yankee Stadium later this summer? I was there a few weeks ago (July 4) and had a great time.

I AM!!! We will be in NYC 2 weeks from today, and at the Yankee's game Saturday the 2nd... for Oldtimers Day. I'm so excited!!! Was it hot?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Is this is trick question???

portia

Brilliant_Rock
lisamarie84, I found a couple of racing shots. My DH took both of these. I love this one because it shows the inside wheel off the ground.

Wheels-up2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
And this one is Daytona. It cracks me up because I think we look like little hot wheels cars. LOL!!

Daytona-03.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I admit, I have no life and the my one and only interest in life is animals
3.gif
I''m happy to have found second interest now, shiny stones, to keep me occupied. I''m downright obsessed about my babies, and my special needs kitty takes up most of my time and my heart
5.gif

My FI has been trying to get me interested in various things over the years, and now I own a full snowboarding gear and golfing gear, which I take them out of the storage closet maybe twice a year
2.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I am a figure skater! I haven''t been competitive in years, but I still skate because it''s the one place in the world I feel free.

I am also a HUGE baseball nut and play in a co-ed softball league. It''s how I met my fiance!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 9:45:01 PM

Date: 7/17/2008 2:16:04 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 7/17/2008 1:19:07 PM
Golf is more of a passion than an interest.
I love going to sporting events. Go COWBOYS!!
I love being with my family.
Vacations and last minute getaways.

I GOOGLE everything, and I''m really good at it!!!
My earliest memories of television are of Cowboys games and Roger Staubach. Also, aren''t you going to Yankee Stadium later this summer? I was there a few weeks ago (July 4) and had a great time.

I AM!!! We will be in NYC 2 weeks from today, and at the Yankee''s game Saturday the 2nd... for Oldtimers Day. I''m so excited!!! Was it hot?
when you go to the game you must must must go to the bars across the street from the stadium... that is my favorite part! when it is SO hot we go there for the first part of the game and drink until we don''t notice the heat!!
18.gif

you are going to LOVE it!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:26:32 AM
Author: cbs102

I AM!!! We will be in NYC 2 weeks from today, and at the Yankee''s game Saturday the 2nd... for Oldtimers Day. I''m so excited!!! Was it hot?
when you go to the game you must must must go to the bars across the street from the stadium... that is my favorite part! when it is SO hot we go there for the first part of the game and drink until we don''t notice the heat!!
18.gif

cbs: I can''t wait!! We are actually going to take the Yankee Clipper to the game. It''s going to be a blast!! C''s sister lives in Manhattan, so it will be fun to do the non-touristy stuff. I''ll have to remember about the bars. Do you have any favorites?

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:09:03 AM

Date: 7/18/2008 9:26:32 AM
Author: cbs102

18.gif

cbs: I can''t wait!! We are actually going to take the Yankee Clipper to the game. It''s going to be a blast!! C''s sister lives in Manhattan, so it will be fun to do the non-touristy stuff. I''ll have to remember about the bars. Do you have any favorites?
not really any favorites. truthfully we go to the least crowded one! i grew 20 minutes outside of the city and it still awes me... i am so excited for you!!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
You ALL have great interests. I''m sure if I lived somewhere hot and sunny, I''d be more interested in water sports, and the beach (in fact I know I''d be a professional beach bum). BUT living where I do in Canada, hockey is big, as is snowmobiling, downhill and X-coutry skiing,and snowboarding. You kinda learn to love doing those things!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results