shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was thinking of a set sphalerite for a long time, possibly a pendant since it is so soft. Are you on the list of vendors? Will you give me a hint when you cut one that could be set and worn?

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to mention I also dislike zircons and peridots. They''re just boring, IMO.
10.gif

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 10:39:09 AM
Author: Christiana
I forgot to mention I also dislike zircons and peridots. They''re just boring, IMO.
10.gif
Peridot has decent dispersion, but it mostly comes in nuances of chartreuse, and if that''s not a colour that appeals to you, then I can understand why it''s not a favourite.

But is zircon boring? With its high dispersion, it tends to have much fire, which should count for something. Much natural zircon, be it pink, red, or orange, does have a brownish tone - maybe that''s what you dislike?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thing I really dislike is ugly stones in beautiful mounts. My trip to the Field Museum really emphasized that to me!!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
I tend not to like the following:

* Stones which wash out / go brown / etc
* Square / rectangular stones (except I like marquise & trillion, so I don''t hate everything with points - go figure!)
* Diamonds, and other white / pale stones - I find them too boring

It''s interesting - I didn''t think there would be so much people didn''t like, but clearly they do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results