shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse -- You're a master at capturing the colors in your pearls. I don't how you do it. Those Tahitians are gorgeous. Wear them in health!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Hi Baby Nurse :) I was thinking last night that we hadn't seen you in a while ... glad to see you and your lovely pearls; that dark strand stands up so well to that pretty striped jacket; strong neutrals with a punch of color from the Tahitians ... nice mix. And I agree, you seem to get the BEST color photos of your pearls!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A casual day today, and wearing my 24kt woven gold and pearl necklace by T Lee. Earrings are new 8.5mm white metallic freshwaters from the Pearls of Joy recent Hong Kong trip. I'm adding a couple of shots of my multicolor Tahitian necklace purchased at the ruckus this summer. In the bright sun you can see the body color and some of the brilliant overtones on some of the pearls. I find these Tahitians endlessly fascinating.

today_9467.jpg

today_9471.jpg

today_9458.jpg

today_9461.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
FlyGirl, that T Lee pendant is beautiful and fascinating! Of course, it's always a pleasure to see your Tahitians :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Your Tahitians are so yummy!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
renwea - Gorgeous white pearl layering! So feminine and classy!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse - Your Tahitians look beautiful on you!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I really like that pendant - it takes casual up a notch!!! And what can I say about those Tahitians - globes of color!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
fullsizerender-22.jpg

inexpensive peach strand from TPO, great as a thrown on when I am doing mostly errands today

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First work-day run of the new metallics. It's funny, because in the hand, I can't say that I think the luster on these is that great. But in all the photos they glow! I'm going to choose to believe that they magically come to life on the neck in a way that they just don't seem to do when I am holding them and looking at them.

neck_small.jpg

neck_21.jpg

neck_and_earrings.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - I love your casual peach strand with the flower print - what fun!

cmd2014 - You're right, those metallics just pop on you! Pearl magic indeed!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Love those metallic whites!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd - your metallics look amazing - and so glossy! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett - I love that long strand! So very pretty!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl - all your pieces are lovely, but whoa, that strand of Tahitians is to die for!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd -- they do have great luster in the photos. I'm sorry they don't seem that way to you in real life. Puzzling. Anyway, they look absolutely gorgeous in your photos!

Fly Girl -- your pearls are so varied and all amazing. Always a pleasure.

crickett -- great rope Ms. Newlywed!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1416275519|3785506 said:
cmd -- they do have great luster in the photos. I'm sorry they don't seem that way to you in real life. Puzzling. Anyway, they look absolutely gorgeous in your photos!

You know, I don't think it's a question of them being disappointing IRL....I think it's more that they just seem to come to life when they are on, and aren't shown to full advantage off the neck. When they are on me, they really pop. They look whiter and brighter and rounder and just what I was hoping for. Off me, they are nice, but not wow, if that makes sense.

I think sometimes with pearls there is this magic combination of drape, size, colour, length, skin tone, hair colour, and clothing choice that makes them come alive somehow, and it takes wearing them for a bit to know whether or not that is going to happen. I find that with my muticoloured Tahitians too. In the box they are ok, but once they are on, they are wow.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls everyone! This thread makes me smile at the end of a tiring work day. So nice to see everyone in their pearls. :D

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Today I'm wearing my purepearls long (48") Tahitian and blue topaz rope. I usually wear this doubled but decided with this cowl neck top to wear it long.

Question for you fashionistas out there. When wearing a large cowl neck does anyone wear a small pearl pendant on a short chain or small mm necklace up by the neck? Just looking for a little variety in my pearl styling!

_24329.jpg

_24331.jpg

_24332.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is absolutely lovely! Seriously, one of the prettiest outfits I've seen on you.

Personally, I would not detract from that styling by adding anything at all. I love that it's a solid color with a wonderful collar and then one long necklace with so much cheerful stuff going on. Great color combo and superb styling to my eye!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
A few more shots

_24335.jpg

_24336.jpg

_24337.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a grey suit day, with my multicolour Tahitians from the Tahitian sale and my new metallic white drop earrings. I love how the pearls play with the grey in my suit, and the freshwater drops seem to go ok with the whites in the strand.

neck_and_0.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Pkinnew, LOVE that rope with that cowl sweater :) I think it looks perfect exactly the way you're wearing it in most of the photos. There is one photo where the cowl is lower on your neck; you could wear a small simple Tahitian pendant high on the neck, if the cowl falls away often, but otherwise, I'd stick with what you've done; it looks lovely. Interestingly, I tried on my own new ivory cowl sweater yesterday (looks very much the same) and had the same questions for myself ... spent a bit of time playing with beads, necklaces, pearls etc. ... nothing looked as good as your rope LOL ... Enjoy!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1416324879|3785766 said:
Today is a grey suit day, with my multicolour Tahitians from the Tahitian sale and my new metallic white drop earrings. I love how the pearls play with the grey in my suit, and the freshwater drops seem to go ok with the whites in the strand.

These are perfect together! I love mixing and matching pearl types and I think you have done a fabulous job pairing these!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1416321329|3785736 said:
A few more shots

Pure perfection pkkinew!!! :love: :love: :love: I wouldn't wear that cowl neck with any other necklace! Just lovely!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1416157274|3784679 said:
A casual day today, and wearing my 24kt woven gold and pearl necklace by T Lee. Earrings are new 8.5mm white metallic freshwaters from the Pearls of Joy recent Hong Kong trip. I'm adding a couple of shots of my multicolor Tahitian necklace purchased at the ruckus this summer. In the bright sun you can see the body color and some of the brilliant overtones on some of the pearls. I find these Tahitians endlessly fascinating.

Mmmmmm those multicolor Tahitians are yummy!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Classy combination!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, CRDKeshi & LitGeek - Thanks! I've found I have a few cowl necks in my fall/winter wardrobe and I love wearing them! If the cowl is long my 36" ropes just don't work so this is a fun choice! Let's see more cowl and turtlenecks now that the temperatures have dropped in most places!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a top I was thinking of wearing to a holiday party and thought rather than long I could go short? Thoughts?

Attachments

• cowl.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 43

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew and bsomlo, thanks!

pkinnew, I love Your dainty T rope. It's delicious :love:. Your sweater is VERY nice! And I like that style as long one...

Frost Me, lovely Tahitians :wavey:

baby monster, dreamy, glowing ripples. Yummy!

renwea, glmorous look with Your whites :love:

baby nurse, gorgeous T's :lickout: :love:

Fly Girl, cute pearl pendant! But Tahitians are :love: :love: ...I think I have got overdose of Tahitians today and gone T heaven....

ckrickett, super feminine look with roses :love:

cmd2014, stunning look! Your metallics are dreamy! And more Tahitians...I'm drooling.... :loopy:

Today just black freshwaters

_24395.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results