shape
carat
color
clarity

What are things you’ve taken OFF your bling list because you just don’t want it anymore?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve taken a VCA diamond bangle off my list cause it’s just not worth the money for how much wear I will get out of it. Even if I do have a windfall I’m not sure I would get it. But I did have it on my list for 3-4 years.

Anyone else? And why?

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I was about to purchase the VCA diamond Perlee WG bangle and then decided not to. I’m in between sizes and would hate not being able to wear it because it’s too snug. Over the years I’ve realized my Cartier love bracelets are one size too small. My right wrist is bigger than my left . I will not make that expensive mistake again, and from now only purchase bracelets that can be resized.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At one point I wanted a big Diana sapphire cluster. I still think those rings are beautiful but I know I would never wear it.

I have also wanted a very nice long harvest strand of pearls. I go back and forth on this. One day I want it, the next day not. So it's probably a not, at least today.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice diamond :o(i.e. at least 1 1/2 carat, G-H, well cut and eye clean...conservative by PS standards)

The one thing that I actually have the money for and never bought.

As a test, I purchased a lovely moissanite in CVB's Astrid setting. As much as I love it and the numerous compliments elicited, once the newness wore off, it went into rotation with my other pieces. The reality is that I like changing up my jewelry too much to spend that kind of money on one piece.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For years I really, really wanted an Art Deco diamond brooch, you know the style, with 2-3 carats of diamonds. I looked at so many online but never quite pulled the trigger. I still see the odd one on IG and get a frisson of that “need” but when would I ever wear it?? I don’t have proper coats or jackets with lapels, I’m not the Queen! Sometimes common sense must prevail!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond tennis necklace.
Thought I wanted it. Realized I didn’t.

You can read the journey here.:)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cartier trinity ring. I don’t like it on me. Gold bangle, I realize it just gets in the way.

I wanted a Rolex for a long time. But recently decided there are other watches I like more. And I don’t want to create an endless watch collection. So I’m going to give up on the Rolex dreams especially since I wanted a two tone one with some diamond in it (so it would be major $$$). But it was on my list for a long time.

Other things that I’ve moved off my list is some coloured stone stuff that I’d been thinking about.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A giant unheated ruby. I always thought I wanted The Precious Colored Stones in their pure form (unheated/untreated sapphire, emerald and ruby). Now that I've got two of the three (underway, anyway) I started looking to complete the triumvirate and realized I just don't want it. Plus, the chances of me having the right polish on when I wanted to wear it are really about ZERO.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a grand idea to have a bail made with 2 x 9mm gemstones, one a Rubellite and another a white Topaz, both cut by Jeff W, for them to be interchangeable. This bail will have interchangeable pearl drops hanging from it, and have bought a few pearls for this project.

This project has been shelved as the opportunities to wear grand necklaces and pendants are far and between.

I have recently set the Rubellite in a ring, and am likely to set the white Topaz as a slider pendant.

DK :))

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VCA Frivole single pave yellow gold bracelet. I’ve wanted this for about 2 years now. I like the idea of a small discreet bracelet I can wear just for me and stack with another vca sweet. I can’t get over the price for something so very small. . .

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baroque SS pearl necklace. I decided I loved them in pictures but probably would like, not love wearing one.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For ages i lusted after Prasiolite
It would seem most of it is just artificially heated amethyst
Kate the Dutchess of Cambridge has some Kiki earings
When i finally got to see some i was so so disappointed

Now i'm kind of going off Morganite because its all so pale

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Pearl anything. Adore them, but don't wear them.

OEC diamond studs. Adore them but not enough funds.

A carved platinum pinky ring. Wanted one, now I don't.

A great little ruby. Can't have that and a great little sapphire.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond tennis bracelet, like photos of them but I don’t think I’d end up wearing one consistently enough.

Large white 1+ ct diamonds. Much more a fan of lower colored antique cuts or fancy colors. If I’m going large and white I’m happy with moissy or lab grown as it turns out.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the thread of broken dreams ?

Not at all. I think this thread shows that it sometimes pays off to be patient. Things have gone both ways for me. There have been pieces that were "the one that got away" for me. But there are also other pieces that I have held off getting. And then when it came to the time to plop down the money, I discovered I didn't want/need/covet it as much as I did before, or not enough for it to be worth it for me. Life happens. Circumstances change. Sometimes pieces are right for a certain time of your life, and then no longer. And more often than not, I have discovered that I am glad I didn't buy the pieces that I thought I had to have.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For years I really, really wanted an Art Deco diamond brooch, you know the style, with 2-3 carats of diamonds. I looked at so many online but never quite pulled the trigger. I still see the odd one on IG and get a frisson of that “need” but when would I ever wear it?? I don’t have proper coats or jackets with lapels, I’m not the Queen! Sometimes common sense must prevail!

Enabler alert - I don’t wear coats or jackets either. Love them on plain tops, at the waist of a dress, on a chain as a pendant and in my hair. Someone on the brooch thread wears hers on a velvet bracelet so I’m going to try that next. Because brooches can be worn a variety of ways they feel more “special” than some of my other jewelry.

On topic - An asscher diamond. They are so beautiful and I love the light play, but struggle with the price since they face up small and need to go up in color.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enabler alert - I don’t wear coats or jackets either. Love them on plain tops, at the waist of a dress, on a chain as a pendant and in my hair. Someone on the brooch thread wears hers on a velvet bracelet so I’m going to try that next. Because brooches can be worn a variety of ways they feel more “special” than some of my other jewelry.

On topic - An asscher diamond. They are so beautiful and I love the light play, but struggle with the price since they face up small and need to go up in color.

This.

I got an antique brooch for Christmas and am shocked at how often I've worn it. It's not cold in Texas so coats aren't needed very often. I will wear a scarf though and use my brooch as a scarf pin. I get sooo many compliments!

I also wore it with a sweater twin set. I felt like Jackie Kennedy lol!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There’s a brooch thread? How’d I miss that? :D

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
A Cartier trinity ring. I wanted that forever, but now not so much any more. I‘m well off without.

Pomellato jewellery. Saw it on a friend and wanted it sooooo bad. Until I realised I‘m more of the individual and antique jewellery type. And not willing to spend such enormous amounts for what it is.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I wanted an asscher. But at the size I'd need to see the pattern and enjoy it, it's really cost prohibitive unless I do a lab diamond. Plus, I have an emerald cut and it gets worn sparingly.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My holy grail band that sparkles (though by tomorrow I reserve the right to have a changed my mind).

For ten+ years I've wanted a band that sparkles, I have a big birthday coming up and thought this was the time to just buy the thing. But the real search isn't as much fun as I thought it would be - for all the sparkly bands out there there just isn't one that says 'buy ME' ( maybe 10 years is just too long to wait) and I wanted super ideals without realising that diamonds have a 'height' and with 4.5 fingers I'm not sure my imaginary band will be comfortable. So now I dunno.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted an asscher. But at the size I'd need to see the pattern and enjoy it, it's really cost prohibitive unless I do a lab diamond. Plus, I have an emerald cut and it gets worn sparingly.

I adore step cuts. But I think they might bring out some of my OCD tendencies trying to keep them clean. But oh I adore them. Elegance to the max. ❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of it. The more time that goes by, the more I just want my plain metal bangles, my plain metal hoops, my pearl studs, a nice OEC for my outer ear piercing, my wedding ring and my 3 stone ring. The rest of it is pretty, but I could live without it.

ETA And my enamel bracelet. After all the time, work and money that's gone into that thing, I'm being BURIED in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results