shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I going to do!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GAUD KITTYKAT!!!! MY heart is BREAKING FOR YOU!!! I hadn''t seen you on in a while and was SHOCKED to hear what had happen.!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!! Please keep me updated. :*( WOO

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your homeowner''s insurance company will cover something like that, I don''t think it matters where you were. It is definitely worth a call to see. Depending on how much the mounting cost, your deductible may make it not worthwhile to make a claim. Doesn''t hurt to check though!

At least your stone is OK - that''s very good news!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
I hope you are feeling a bit better...sorry you have to go thru the agony! At least you have another ring to wear while it gets fixed/replaced. Your homeowners may cover a small portion, like $1,000..check and see. I know with mine it doesn''t matter where you were when it happened. Best wishes!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 10:09:08 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
If your homeowner''s insurance company will cover something like that, I don''t think it matters where you were. It is definitely worth a call to see. Depending on how much the mounting cost, your deductible may make it not worthwhile to make a claim. Doesn''t hurt to check though!

this is true. it would be covered on your homeowners policy no matter where it happened. But i''m pretty sure jewelry has to be scheduled as a rider on a homeowners policy. I don''t think it''s automatically covered. It''s sure worth a phone call to ask. Just another example of why insurance is a must..

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 10:07:40 AM
Author: woobug02
OH MY GAUD KITTYKAT!!!! MY heart is BREAKING FOR YOU!!! I hadn''t seen you on in a while and was SHOCKED to hear what had happen.!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!! Please keep me updated. :*( WOO
Well Woo I''ve had a couple of heart breaking days. My rb is ok but who knows what I''m going to do about the setting. I''ve talked to Kevin again since I spoke to him this morning. He said that his dad said that they had , had problems with the jewelry manufactor before with breakage and loose stones he said that the ring should have withstood more then it did. He said he was really thinking about taking his buisness somewhere else after this. I guess they aren''t happy with them either. I could have died when I seen what it had done myself. He said that he could get another setting but we would have to pay for it. Hubby would have to pay for it because my stash is really low right now, since the rhr.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 10:09:08 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
If your homeowner's insurance company will cover something like that, I don't think it matters where you were. It is definitely worth a call to see. Depending on how much the mounting cost, your deductible may make it not worthwhile to make a claim. Doesn't hurt to check though!

At least your stone is OK - that's very good news!
Well thanks for the tip MissGotRocks, but hubby called and we both spoke with them and our deductible wont even cover the ring. So me and hubby are going to set down and decide if we are going with the style mounting like I had that hubby will pay for and by what my jeweler said that they may not be dealing with anymore , or just put the stone in a solitaire for now and pick something else out around fall when I get my jewelry fund back up.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so sorry to hear about your ring, kittycatsmac!! What a terrible thing to have happen.
39.gif
At least, though, your center stone is ok. I hope your jeweler can either fix or replace your setting.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Catmom, Time will tell what we are going to do...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Oh poor thing! I know you looked for so long to find that setting it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I know you will find something just as pretty. Going with a plain setting for now is not a bad idea. You must wear the HUGE RB!!!!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
gosh Woo I know I looked forever it seemed like to find that setting. I don''t know what I''m going to do . I have the money to set the stone in just a plain setting for now but I''m going to see what my jeweler can do. I don'' t know,,,,, and I had posted earlier that my 2mm band will be here today.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Kitty,

I''m glad to hear that your stone is well, that is the most important thing! I guess the only way to look at it now is a learning experience that you can never be too careful.

I myself have the habbit of being careless where I put things somewhere, but my FI is so careful (or as I call it paranoid
14.gif
) about my ring that he makes me have only two places I can put my ring (my jewelry box and my makeup caboodle in the bathroom - if its somewhere else, he gets pretty upset.
29.gif
I guess its kind of a good thing, especially since I am so irresponsible. I though it may be a good suggestion for you too - dicipline yourself to only have one or two places to put the ring. If not just hold it in your mouth!
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm - I think a big ole man stomping unawares on a ring isn''t considered normal wear and tear - I can see how the baggs fell out. You should definitely thank your lucky stars your rb wasn''t chipped since you have no insurance on the ring! Get those rings insured!!! At first I was going to suggest just replacing the same setting at the jeweler''s - I still don''t think that there was a defect knowing the ring was stepped on, but it is you and your DH that have to rebuy the setting so if he''s not comfortable with the same jeweler, maybe it''s best just to get a temp platinum solitaire setting and take some time to find another setting you love.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooo kittycat, if he doesn''t have something in mind then do a nice heavy plain setting or maybe one with a couple of side stones for temp. You could always reset the side stones eventually. I am sooooooooooooooo happy your RB is ok. I love that stone.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty -- OMG I am SO sorry this happened! Very understanding why you collapsed into tears...I would''ve done the same. Thank goodness your center stone came through unscathed. I really hope you find a setting you like and that everything works out with insurance. Hang in there!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well me and hubby have talked on and off all day today and we think that we will just get a plain setting and let it be that way for awhile and go from there. So Kevin is getting some plain settings out for me to look at I told him my budget and he promised that he wouldn''t go over it so its off to the jewelers for me. Oh and my baby 2mm band just arrived fedex just knocked on my door !!!!! so I have to go ... wish me luck...

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kitty,
I am sooo sorry this happened! I am glad your center RB is ok.....whew!
Try to stay positive, I know it must be hard. At least you have us here to vent to .....my friends would think I was crazy if I was so upset about something like that.....

Your story also terrified me, I just got my ring, and I have been wearing it for about 2 days....and its not insured yet...I''m corresponding with Chubb as we speak to get it covered. So....until I get the ok, it will sit in my jewelry box.....

keep us posted as you search for a setting.
hugs!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Quick question, Do you have all of the stones that fell out of the ring? Will your jeweler give you credit on those stones maybe to go towards your solitaire setting? What will become of those stones since they are yours, that is what came to my mind anyway. I just picture this bent broken metal and stones in a ziploc, so that is why I ask. Seems you have a pretty good jeweler who has bent over backwards for you, so maybe you should get some credit on these stones. Again, just my .02 cents!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kitty, I am so sorry! I know what a process it was for you to find your setting! Keep us updated. (((hug)))

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well Kitty, I''m glad the RB is okay!!

Good luck at the jeweler''s today, let us know what you decide!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry.
7.gif
It really must be a bad week for us PSers rings. I too am ringless due to my ring being damaged. I''m glad the big guy is ok.
2.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 2:03:20 PM
Author: Mokey
Quick question, Do you have all of the stones that fell out of the ring? Will your jeweler give you credit on those stones maybe to go towards your solitaire setting? What will become of those stones since they are yours, that is what came to my mind anyway. I just picture this bent broken metal and stones in a ziploc, so that is why I ask. Seems you have a pretty good jeweler who has bent over backwards for you, so maybe you should get some credit on these stones. Again, just my .02 cents!

Well Mokey that''s pretty much how it all worked out. After I got to the jewelers he had my little table all set up for me and as soon as I set down he was like well I''ll start with what your loose stones will pay for if you are really wanting to go this route... I was like OMG I hadn''t even thought of that . ( He''s a really good guy to work with ) So I went through them regular solitaires. Then he showed me some that I could get for almost nothing and so that''s what I went with. The less I have to put into it the better for me right now. I''ve spent so much money on my ering that I feel stupid....

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Jetmal, insure that bad boy. I was looking at your ring the other day and thought how beautiful it was... Please get some insurance on that thing !!!! Me and hubby goes tomorrow ....

Tacori.... It was a very long hard process that I went through to get that setting, but it''s going to be okay I just know it. Thank you so much for your support. I guess I can say the only thing about it is , is that my stone is so much more prettier setting up in the setting then it was in that lower basket setting. I would just love to have the money back that was spent on that basket setting....
7.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 2:20:54 PM
Author: moon river
I''m so sorry.
7.gif
It really must be a bad week for us PSers rings. I too am ringless due to my ring being damaged. I''m glad the big guy is ok.
2.gif

moon what kind of damage did your rock get into??? Will he be okay??? I''m so so sorry. (( HUG )) !!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well here is my rb set in a plain setting with two little .16 ct diamonds on each side.... So what do you think???
emotion-18.gif

okfn006.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
It looks even bigger than before!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The thinner band and side stones look really good. It makes your center look HUGE!!!! OH KITTYCAT are you going to be ok ????

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
here''s another... these pics were took with my new 2mm band from e-weddingbands.com...

lasttime67483.JPG

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 3:55:09 PM
Author: woobug02
It looks even bigger than before!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The thinner band and side stones look really good. It makes your center look HUGE!!!! OH KITTYCAT are you going to be ok ????

I think I''ll be fine.... and the thinner band really does make it look bigger then before doesn''t it!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I think this pic makes it look way huge!!!!

aobtdkdk8899.JPG

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
all of these pics a pretty blurry were I took them in such a hurry...

babyband231546.JPG

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
here is my baby 2mm by himself...

jajammm334.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results