shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I going to do!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Why does stuff like this keep happening to me. This evening me and hubby was at my mothers and we were working in her yard with flowers. I had took my 1.98rb off and had layed it in my moms ring dish beside her kitchen sink. Well I don''t know who of us it was that had used the sink since all of us had but one of us when we used the towel by the sink , it had snagged the ring and had slung it on the rug by her kitchen table. Well since there was three or four of us in and out of the kitchen so many times one of us stepped on the ring and pretty much crushed it. It bent the band really bad and bent four of the six prongs were I could even take the stone out myself. There was like little diamonds ever where from my side baguettes and basket. So my hubby had to pick me up and pack me crying with what I could pick up of my ring and took it straight to the jeweler who was going out the door when we got there. So he said that he doesn''t know just by looking if it can be saved or not. I can''t believe that it was just crushed. My mom told me that , that was a ring that I would have to be really carefull with in how I would treat it and where I should wear it. I just don''t know what I''m going to do. My rb wasn''t harmed by what I can tell but I''ve lost .60ct almost in baguettes. I don''t know what I''m going to do...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kitty, I''m so sorry!!!
39.gif

But I am so glad that at least your RB wasn''t damaged!

Do you have insurance on the ring?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Oh god! How terrible! Whenever I have my ring in a dish by the sink, I envision that happening and move it a little further away. Yes, thank goodness your RB wasn''t chipped. Did the jeweler confirm this, or are you just guessing that it is okay? Make sure it is looked over very very carefully. There could be a teeny tiny chip that you can''t see too well. Please say you had it insured!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh no KCM! When will you hear from the jeweler? I am so sorry that this happend. (((Hugs)))

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well Kevin my jeweler said that they would make sure that the rb is ok and do what ever I wanted them to to make sure of it. But he said that he doesn''t know if the setting will make it or not. My hubby said that it had to be either him or my brothers boots that crushed the ring , but I told him that it really could have been any of us and that we just stepped on it just right to do the damage. So if the setting can''t be fixed back like it was or if it may take some time I might just get them to set the rb in a solitaire setting for me for now. I don''t know what I''m going to do.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Matatora I should hear from him after he goes over everything with his dad tomorrow ( family owned jewelers ) and to check and see if my rb is ok or not and to see if anything can be done about my setting. I just wish that I could stop busting out crying. Hubby can''t stand it when I cry, I feel numb, I just hope that my rb is ok.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Oh no kittycatsmac!
23.gif

What an awful thing to happen! I always underestimate how easy it is to break an e-ring - I never though that just by stepping on it, one can break it.

It must be such a stressful sitation for you. However, you must not drive yourself crazy over this and look on the bright side: you are so fortunate that nothing bad happend to your center RB! The situation could have been a lot wost so try and make the best out of it, if you can
16.gif

Do you have insurance on the setting? Keep us updated!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well Kaleidoscopic, me and hubby didn''t insure the ring but I do know one thing I will be taking out insurance on my ring when it gets fixed well I hope that when it gets fixed.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Oh I didn''t realize that you are still not sure if anything happend to your center stone. I hope you will not have any problems with the RB center.

How is your fiance taking it? Is he really upset or supportive? Are you a lot more upset?

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I hope everything works out- I am sure you are crushed. Keep us posted.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Boy, these last few days have been drama filled here on PS (and not in a good way)
39.gif
39.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
My husband said that the setting is important but the center stone is what means the most. Kevin said that he thought that everything was ok with the center stone but he would make sure tomorrow . I just don''t know what to do about the setting. Hubby just keeps telling me to stop crying and just be thankful that the rb is ok, as much as we know anyway, but kevin took it in the back and looked it over and said he just wants to make sure with his dad so that way we will know for sure.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Your husband is right, the stone is most important (well, really your husband is most important, so really just be thankful he wasn''t hurt
31.gif
). If you really liked this setting, I''m sure Kevin can get you the same one.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 10:45:54 PM
Author: Rascal49
Your husband is right, the stone is most important (well, really your husband is most important, so really just be thankful he wasn''t hurt
31.gif
). If you really liked this setting, I''m sure Kevin can get you the same one.
1.gif

That''s a bummer! I''m sure the same setting won''t be at all hard to get.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, that''s just the most terrible news!
Keep your chin up, I''m betting your rb is just fine.
Take a deep breath and try to be strong until you hear back from the jeweler.
Keep us posted on what he says.
We''ll all keep the positive vibes going until we hear back from you!
((hug))

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Kitty that is SO awful!!! What a thing to happen. I hope your center stone at least checks out okay. Keep us posted. Hugs going your way.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that stinks. I hope the center stone is fine. Probably if it was something really bad you would have seen it.
If you end up getting a solitaire I think that would look exquisite, and be more durable for every day wear.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well, I''ve been up since 4:30 I guess I slep about an hour an hour in a half. I just keep thinking how it almost was my radiant ring but I had took it off the night before cleaned it real good and placed it in hubby''s safe. It and my rb are so important to me. Now that I''ve got up so early it will seem like it will take for ever to here from Kevin today.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry to hear about the accident - the mounting can be replaced - I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the RB stone is unblemished!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
It''s an hour and 55 min. until my jeweler comes in......

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty please try not to worry, these things are rarely as bad as you think !
35.gif
I know it will be fine!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry this has happened to your ring. I hope it can be saved. If it wasn''t crushed my a mammoth, I think they could do something but if you are not happy with the end project, then by all means change it.

If you have insurance, maybe they can help with a new setting.

I have a lower set 1ct but when I''m doing things like that, I keep latex gloves on my hands and keep my rings on. I put them on when I smear lotion all over too. I never take mine off but I don''t have as big of ring as you do.

Jaime

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Hey Kitty,
Wish I had turned on my computer and we could have written our IM's on here. I've been up all night since some little booger decided he wasn't going to sleep. DH was up til 2:30 cuz I was lying in daughter bed (with a bed rail) and I finally got up and gave him a BOTTLE and that still didn't work (I'm nursing LOL). He slept another hour and was up again. He's crawling around chit chatting mama dada right now and it's so cute but I'm so mad at him LOL How can you get mad at a little cutie like that. GRR I'm going to mom's house today and when he takes a nap, I will too...........although my 7yo might have different plans for me. Hope it's a good day here........I'll send her outside to sidewalk chalk my mom's driveway, my mother just loves all the mess LOL

Sorry OT but thought I'd give you a laugh.........I'm marriahlyn on AIM and marriahlyn2 at hotmail.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock

And it has been a tough week for jewelry. I had my trusted jeweler remove my 1.48 J from the Whiteflash pave bezel setting that I sold to Patty. The ring was then sold to Pookie and we just found out my jeweler royally messed up that piece of art and it can''t be reset. I have to buy it back from her and I just used the money she paid to CLOSE my credit card. See I have my own jewelry money (I don''t work, I sell on Ebay) and I don''t tap into dh''s funds. I have to buy the ring back from her and at first she was raving mad but I calmed her down. My jeweler will fix the ring or make me something for free. I''m gonna raise hell because I was just about to talk dh into a 1ct center ruby, F side stone beautiful 3-stone for $2100 for my birthday GONE!! So I also have a work of art that can''t be fixed, and also too many rings now because I have been gifted 3 synthetic BEAUTIFUL beauties that are being set into RHR''s. I''ll just wait until I can afford a 7.5mm ruby and have it set into this platinum band. The ultimate RHR. I''m sad here with you and I have to open a credit card again to pay back the ring. I spend my last $1300 on Cobra because dh isn''t working (we have plenty of savings and no house payment so we''re fine, but I hate to make lunch LOL). I have to have a partial hysterectomy as soon as we decide no more kids which is within the next month.

Another hijack but I know how you feel. I think I''m glad my engagement ring is simple simple and low and that I can''t get it off my finger. It has sizing balls then my hands swelled. I''m off to the jeweler this morning too!!

Jaime.

This is the piece that''s ruined.

jaime3025876.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Marriahlyn, that ring was/is one of my all-time favorites! How did he mangle it so badly that it cannot be reset? Do you have a picture of that? Is it possible to properly dismount a bezel-set stone and reset a new stone in the bezel?

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh God ! marriahlyn. Your kids are very very cute... I don''t have any of my own yet but I have 6 nephews and nieces all together. 2 girls and 4 boys. and my oldest niece is married and about to make me a great aunt !!! hehehe
5.gif
to just think of that makes me feel so much better. Well my jeweler has already called me this morning. I told him that I thought that he came in a 8 and he told me that the store opens at 8 but he is there by 7 always ( he shouldn''t told me that
27.gif
) . But my diamond is fine !!! Thank God! But he said that he just doesn''t think that the setting would hold up to all of the bauettes that set down the sides the way the band was broke and bent. So he said that he could try and reshape and reset everything but he couldn''t promise that it would be as nice as it was. I do have to admitt that the ring had alot of work to it in the first place. So he also said that he had had that setting for awhile and would see if he could reorder it, but the place where that setting came from is a big manufacture and that they move settings like crazy and that they may have more or I might have to pay for them to remake it for me. Either way it''s going to take awhile. So I told him to work with the setting and see if he might be able to do some good and check with the factory and see about the setting and that I might also just want to set my rb in a solitaire and just take awhile and find another setting. He said that it would only cost a couple of houndred dollars to set in a plain setting if that''s what I would want to do until I knew something else about the setting and I told him that I was going to let that be last resort. So my rb is fine I just have nothing to put it in....
7.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 10:13:07 PM
Author: kittycatsmac
Thanks Matatora I should hear from him after he goes over everything with his dad tomorrow ( family owned jewelers ) and to check and see if my rb is ok or not and to see if anything can be done about my setting. I just wish that I could stop busting out crying. Hubby can''t stand it when I cry, I feel numb, I just hope that my rb is ok.
Oh KCM, I know how you feel...and my fiance knows how your hubby feels.
32.gif
Nothing like a weeping woman eh?

I am so glad that your mothers stone is allright.
4.gif
I hope that the jeweler will be able to work with the setting and make it yours again. Again I am so sorry that this happened to you. (((Hugs))).

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well Virginia, if it would have happened at my house mine and my husbands home owners insurance would have covered it. But I was at my moms house and I don''t know if hers would cover it or not were the ring was mine ? Would it ? I guess I just should have insured the ring when I got it... My hubby always does the same as your FF. But I don''t know how my mom does.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure glad that my rb is ok Matatora, that''s just what I was really worried about was what if my stone is chipped or that it burst into flames after me and hubby left it ????? ( Anything is possible when it comes to me !!! ) The bad thing is , is that I just last thursday ordered a beautiful 2mm wg band to wear with it from
e-weddingbands.com . I had wanted a 2mm so Woobug gave me the webpage and I thought they were great. I said if I liked the 2mm that I would order me another to wear on both sides. So I''ll get my 2mm band today and have no rb to wear with it. I guess I will just have to try it with my emerald shaped radiant cut ring with the side trillions.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 9:53:02 AM
Author: Virginia

Date: 4/4/2006 9:47:05 AM
Author: kittycatsmac
Well Virginia, if it would have happened at my house mine and my husbands home owners insurance would have covered it. But I was at my moms house and I don''t know if hers would cover it or not were the ring was mine ? Would it ? I guess I just should have insured the ring when I got it... My hubby always does the same as your FF. But I don''t know how my mom does.
I have no idea, but I guess it is worth a phone call to ask, dont you think? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!
35.gif
I think I will call my mom and ask her when she gets in from her morning work out. Maybe she can tell me if it will cover it or not and if she can''t I know she can give me the info I need to contact her insurance company. I sure hope that it works... and keep your fingers crossed for me ....
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results