shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most amount of money you’d spend on a non-bling wearable item? Eg - handbag, shoes, scarf, clothes etc.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Like so many others on this thread, I’m not a bag person. I must have my emotional support water bottle with me at all times, so I carry a Longchamp Le Pliage and it gets beaten to hell. So far I think I’ve gone through (literally, through) four of the large black ones.

Shoes, though…..shoes are interesting. I have hard-to-fit feet and a collection of foot issues as I’ve gotten older. My feet are literally almost too wide for Birkenstocks. So if I find a pair of shoes that fit and feel good? I am buying. Unfortunately that is actually pretty rare. Right now I live in P448 sneakers, and if you had told me ten years ago I would happily plonk down $300 per pair I would have laughed.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
So I was shopping for a coat and came across this $1800 handbag I thought you might all appreciate :lol:
https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/Balenciaga-Trash-Bag-Large-Pouch

IMG_1244.png

This reminds me of the first time I was introduced to a friend’s Goyard tote bag. It was this giant vinyl looking bag with skinny handles that looked seriously cheap. It was part of her carry on luggage that I helped her with when picking her up from airport and I set it on my kitchen floor, thinking it was packed with food items from a market….she gasped and said: you can’t put my $2000 bag on the kitchen floor! But it honestly didn’t look much better than this Balenciaga bag!

PS apologies to those who own those Goyard totes….

Attachments

• IMG_3203.jpeg
    IMG_3203.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 52

Octave

Shiny_Rock
You just need to choose the right brand and it is possible to spend a fortune even on sneakers. But I just could not resist to spend 1k for them! :lol-2:

IMG_1603.jpeg

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reminds me of the first time I was introduced to a friend’s Goyard tote bag. It was this giant vinyl looking bag with skinny handles that looked seriously cheap. It was part of her carry on luggage that I helped her with when picking her up from airport and I set it on my kitchen floor, thinking it was packed with food items from a market….she gasped and said: you can’t put my $2000 bag on the kitchen floor! But it honestly didn’t look much better than this Balenciaga bag!

PS apologies to those who own those Goyard totes….

This made me LOL. The St. Louis GM was originally meant to be a beach bag. I used mine as a beach tote last summer, even brought it on a boat outing. The young captain (def Gen Z) recognized it immediately. In the show White Lotus, Alexandra Daddario’s character carries her green St. Louis everywhere, including the pool/on boats. Maybe if your friend knew that was their intended use, she’d be less freaked out.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This made me LOL. The St. Louis GM was originally meant to be a beach bag. I used mine as a beach tote last summer, even brought it on a boat outing. The young captain (def Gen Z) recognized it immediately. In the show White Lotus, Alexandra Daddario’s character carries her green St. Louis everywhere, including the pool/on boats. Maybe if your friend knew that was their intended use, she’d be less freaked out.

Oops, I knew there would be a few PSers that have this tote. I’m into bags….but this was years ago when they first became popular, pre-Kardashian carrying era.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was shopping for a coat and came across this $1800 handbag I thought you might all appreciate :lol:
https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/Balenciaga-Trash-Bag-Large-Pouch

IMG_1244.png

This so reminds me of this Balenciaga bag.

1493297235-ikea-blue-bag-hed-2017.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I might be cheaper than kenny. I wear other people's old clothes from the 80s and I wash out and re-use ziploc bags. I figure if you save on the things that don't bring much pleasure, you might be able to buy something that does. I just bought lovedogs' CBI.
Better go turn the thermostat down.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, I knew there would be a few PSers that have this tote. I’m into bags….but this was years ago when they first became popular, pre-Kardashian carrying era.

No worries! I knew you didn’t mean anything negative towards people here!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I might be cheaper than kenny. I wear other people's old clothes from the 80s and I wash out and re-use ziploc bags. I figure if you save on the things that don't bring much pleasure, you might be able to buy something that does. I just bought lovedogs' CBI.
Better go turn the thermostat down.
But that stuff is good for the planet too! I hardly ever use plastic storage bags. I asked my son to buy me a 48pc Rubbermaid storage set for Christmas a while back.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But that stuff is good for the planet too! I hardly ever use plastic storage bags. I asked my son to buy me a 48pc Rubbermaid storage set for Christmas a while back.

I was going to reply the same way, except that I use silicone storage bags instead of ziploc plastic ones.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Update:
It took me a couple of months but I scored the Kiziks I missed out on. I am not generally a white sneaker person at all, but I love these!

A49D60CB-C023-417F-BC75-6A8E82A053E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I am here to update with my latest splurge (lol) - it doesn’t beat my most expensive purchase ever (that honour still rests with my Chanel), but I did recently purchase the most expensive piece of clothing I own - a custom outfit for my best friend’s wedding by my favourite designer, which set me back an eyewatering $3500!! No pictures because it’s completely custom (and it’ll take a few months to come in anyway) but eeeek I can’t believe I actually did this!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am here to update with my latest splurge (lol) - it doesn’t beat my most expensive purchase ever (that honour still rests with my Chanel), but I did recently purchase the most expensive piece of clothing I own - a custom outfit for my best friend’s wedding by my favourite designer, which set me back an eyewatering $3500!! No pictures because it’s completely custom (and it’ll take a few months to come in anyway) but eeeek I can’t believe I actually did this!!!

Oh-can we have peek after the wedding, pretty please?

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

thats soooo exciting!! I hope you'll share pics eventually!

Oh-can we have peek after the wedding, pretty please?

thats soooo exciting!! I hope you'll share pics eventually!

Thank you!! I am a tiny bit hesitant because I never share pictures of myself on the internet… but I’ll definitely consider it, or post a picture of a similar outfit by the same designer if there’s interest so you get an idea!

B

Betty Baguette

On a more serious note, I don't have any designer handbags, but would love a Stella McCartney. But even the pre-owned ones are kinda pricey. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
On a more serious note, I don't have any designer handbags, but would love a Stella McCartney. But even the pre-owned ones are kinda pricey. :(
I have bought several, all on sale. Still not cheap but they do wear extremely well. I like hardware on bags so the chain on the Falabella bags looks really cool. They are heavy though!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im a sucker for handwoven textiles, crystal, handmade clothing and fine art. Long fabric i use to wear my babies and as a tablecloth for my events.

IMG_1092.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0530.jpeg
    IMG_0530.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1084.jpeg
    IMG_1084.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2765.jpeg
    IMG_2765.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9885.jpeg
    IMG_9885.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 17
B

Betty Baguette

I have bought several, all on sale. Still not cheap but they do wear extremely well. I like hardware on bags so the chain on the Falabella bags looks really cool. They are heavy though!

Good to know that they wear extremely well. I'll have to save my pennies and look for them on sale. I love Stella's style! :)

000Ed

Rough_Rock
I thrift alot so boots and shoes are what I buy and spend more for new and jewelry. I do wear more high end jeans but most of those I got for a fraction of the new price

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
A way to avoid travelling - spend all your money on travel gear! :lol-2:
Maybe I'll give hitchhiking a try!

IMG_2474.jpeg

Expensive… But gorgeous!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A way to avoid travelling - spend all your money on travel gear! :lol-2:
Maybe I'll give hitchhiking a try!

IMG_2474.jpeg

it's funny, I also spend money on travel gear, but it's all weird life-hack travel type stuff that looks the opposite of glamours haha. Like a compression sack so I can pack more clothes, packing cubes, multi use tools... I'm low key obsessed with fitting all the things into one Osprey backpack

Home73

Rough_Rock
$10000

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results