shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, so much for an uneventful trip to pick up my earrings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was rear ended on my way back from Fed ex...only 3 blocks from home. A large service truck decided the light was green and rear ended the BMW behind me, which ran into my mustang (which was just fixed 3 months ago, btw, from that crazy woman drunk driver)...

I had them call paramedics. Car looks OK, but of course must go in the shop again. They were going to take me via ambulance, but I decided to go on my own, so I am off to the ER to make sure the baby is fine. I think I felt it move, but it has been quiet since the accident.

On a good note...I didn''t peek in the box.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TG!!! I hope you and TTot are fine and no worse for wear.

What a bummer. We must be jewelry yin yangs of each other or something...when I went to Fedex to get my bezel earrings, a big huge truck swerved in front of me carrying a dumpfull of rocks and dirt...and rocks came flying at my windshield and one musta been big cuz it dinged my windshield and started a crack that spread all the way across in a matter of hours. So while there was no injury to myself - I totally know how you feel. It was a bittersweet moment for me, as I''m guessing it has been for you.

Hope you guys are okay. *hugs* (looks around for the fedex box
11.gif
)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, TGal, I''m so sorry! I hope that you and the little one are okay!

You really need some good luck to come your way, and I''m thankful that you were not seriously hurt. Please let us know what the dr. says, and we of course need to see those earrings when you''re feeling up to it!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
OMG!

I am wishing you and your unborn the best of health. Please take it easy.

(
29.gif
Stupid stupid drivers. Shame
38.gif
)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh No! Please let us know how you are as soon as you can
38.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Ughh, that stinks. I'm sure your baby is fine.

They are very well protected in there. How far along are you?

Wtih my first pregnancy, I fell down the stairs at 9 months prenant, full staircase landing on my belly. I was very bruised but my son was just fine.

Wtih my 3rd, I was rearended really hard around 8 months of pregnancy. She was just fine too.

Good idea getting it checkout out though. I did with mine. It gives peace of mind.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Tgal, how awful. prayers heading your way that ttot is ok and you are as well.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That is terrible
39.gif
I hope you and your baby are okay and you can start enjoying those earrings soon
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Tgal
I''m so sorry. This is just awful.
I hope everything is okay with the baby.
Let us know.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Dear Lord, take care of TG''s baby!

Prayers and happy thoughts are coming your way.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s awful, I''m so sorry. Hope all is well with you and baby. Take care.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh for goodness sakes!
6.gif
Let them folks in ER look ya over good. Take care on your way home.

kind regards--Sharon

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How awful! Thinking of you TGal. I hope you and TTot are fine. Keep us posted.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please let us know how you and Ttot are as soon as you can! I hope you are both ok!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes ladies....boy, I have bad pregnancy CAR-ma, eh? Hehehehe.

I didn''t feel the baby for awhile...even stayed at home for a bit (when I wrote this thread) to see if it would move. Nothing.

Then I went to the ER. Told triage that I was rear ended and hadn''t felt the baby move.

*kick kick*

Mischievous little bugger!!!
29.gif

The don''t mess with pregnant women, do they? They whisked me right up to OB and monitored me right away. Of course, TTot must have sensed other fetuses nearby because it decided to have a PARTY for the next hour or so. Not that I''m complaining, mind you. But I did kind of tsk tsk it and think, "very funny. Nice scare you gave momma." Everything checked out fine...heartbeat, no contractions, etc.

I told TGuy not to come to the hospital (he was going to leave work) as he is in a new job and I was pretty sure I was going to be fine. I called him after they released me and of course he was relieved. I said, well, maybe I can open my birthday present early to feel better? His response, "Oh, I don''t think so...you''re fine, right?"

HMPH!
14.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, we must be yin and yangs of one another. Maybe we should tell others to stay away from the bezels? Hehe.

Asscherisme, I am nearly 22, weeks. I''ve aged 22 more years today, I think.
2.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
TGal!!! OH MY GOODNESS. Thank my lucky stars you and TTot (cute cute cute hehe) are okay. Phew. Horrible drivers....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you and Ttot are safe!! Nutty drivers.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you and Ttot are okay. What a scare. I think you have earned that early b/d present.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you and the bebe are OK, TGal! Give TTot some extra rubs tonight from your PS buddies
21.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
glad you are ok...I would make a follow up appointment in a few days with your reg OB...just to make sure.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you and Ttot are ok! What a crappy thing to have happen...I hope everything goes smoothly with the car repair.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I just read this thread. How awful!

Screw the car, I''m glad you both are okay. What a story you''ll have for TTot one day!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow...sure makes the rest of us realize that our silly little problems...are just that, silly.

Whew. I am so grateful you got a clean bill of health. I agree, to heck with the rest of the stuff. You and wee one are our main concern.

Will you consider public transit from here on out? Or at least attach rubber baby buggie bumpers all around your stang?

§

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a naughty TTot! This is your first lesson in parenting. Children rarely behave the way you think they should. I''m so glad you are both fine. How is your back feeling? I thought I remembered you having trouble after your last accident. I don''t know how it is that you can be in a car accident, tell the story, and still make me crack up! I love ya TGal. Maybe ham it up a bit for hubby and he''ll let you have those earrings. You know, walk around hunched over and moaning or something like that. Oh yes, if Traveling Baby is too quiet for your liking try drinking some juice. Sometimes the sugar will get them going.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you''re ok, but I think you would recuperate faster with those bezels in your ears! Can''t you get one of the docs to tell TGuy that? Surely TTot would benefit from a little platinum touching YOUR skin!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my TGal, I am just reading this now!!
6.gif
So glad you and TTot are ok. Phew!!!
12.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! I got into a head on yesterday, I totally know how you feel.

I hope you and baby are well! You got eatin to do tomorrow; for two!!!
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a scare! Glad you and baby are okay.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again ladies, you are all so very sweet.

DKS, you are right...health is tops!

Miranda, I'm in quite a bit of pain, actually. I did have trouble from my last accident but have been going to physical therapy and sports massage. They were going to close me out this week because I was doing well. Now everything hurts worse than the first accident. But it usually does, so I will see how the whiplash and everything clears up in a few days. The frustrating thing about accidents and pregnancy is that you can't take xrays and other diagnostic treatments, because no one wants to touch a pregnant lady...even my husband!
3.gif

TTot has been kicking like mad, so no worries there.
36.gif

So you'll LOVE this...normally I am pretty upbeat, and I pretty much was normal when I called TGuy from the hospital. But then I got home and I just ached all over, so I thought, what the heck...I'll tell him how I feel. He felt sorry for me, obviously, and sat by me for awhile. Then he looked at the fed-ex box and asked he could open it. I said, sure, it's your gift to me, what do you want.

So he proceeds to do it in FRONT of me.
6.gif

OK, not quite in front, but in the same room (dining area...I am on the couch in the living area) and asks me not to look. Eh? No speako Engrish. No understando!

Of course, I'm not a peeker, so I don't look. He's going through the contents of my box, and I ask, so I can't see? He says I'll see on my birthday...in a WEEK AND A HALF. I sniff. I ask if I can at least have the loupe I ordered. He does hand me the loop and MAGNANIMOUSLY also hands me the H&A viewing kit, since he doesn't know what that is. Oh boy! So much FUN looking for ARROWS in a BLOODY CUSHION.
32.gif

But I amuse myself with my new toys. He wants to know more about the H&A viewer, and asks me how it works. I tell him to look at my new earrings for the arrows. He goes back over the kitchen and looks...then exclaims, "Nice cut!"
40.gif

Then he closes the box and says, "I can just leave this here, right?" Then goes out to check the mail, but not without doing a surprise POP BACK to make sure I'm not peeking. I just give him this look -->
20.gif

First CAR-ma, now karma...I wanna know what I have done to deserve such vile treatment from the man I married. I ask each and every one you to forgive me if I have wronged you. I am obviously paying the price.

39.gif

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results