shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Names for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loyd Boyd, I got a call from someone name that today. I wanted to laugh but didn''t. hehe
Mike Michaels
Steve Stevens

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:47:33 PM
Author: musey
I know this thread is sort of old, but I had to add my friend''s evil plan to give her kids names that sound like speech impediments... her favorites are:

Thuthan (Susan)
Kewwy (Kelly)
Thebathtian (Sebastian)
Wachel (Rachel)

And of course my other friend who is a seafood enthusiast, and wants to name her children Lobster and Scallop.

Good thing these women are nowhere near having children.

EVIL! That is evil! I had to do a speech in high school on a writer named Alethea Surname (I can''t even remember her last name!) It was so awful, I felt like I had a horrible speech impediment. I made a big poster with her name written out on it so people wouldn''t think I was mispronouncing "Alethea".

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
When I worked at a hospital a few years ago, somebody had named their twin boys Johnny and Walker. Nice! Also, my mom used to babysit chilrdren for a lady named Christy Christy. The best one I''ve most recently heard would be a person I know named Patrick Fitzpatrick.
And the last one-
My dad and his brothers names are Harold, Lawrence and Jerald. But they have always gone by Harry, Larry and Jerry!

kaori

Shiny_Rock
I once worked with a guy named B. J. Dick. According to him, he also has a brother named Harry, and a sister named Harian.

B.J. is quite a character and even made jokes about his failing marriage; B.J. believed his three month old marriage failed because his last name did not go will with his ex''s first name. By the way, the first name of the ex is "Anita".

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
There was a girl on the track team at my college named L''Orangerie. I don''t know if it was supposed to be said phonetically, or like lingerie...
20.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I work in a school. Here are some of the ones I''ve seen so far this year.

Jus''Us. Like Just Us because the father left when the mother was pregnant, so it was just us.

Jim''Too. Exactly how it sounds. A girl, with her fathers name Jim.

And the best so far. La-A. Sound this out for me..... I thought La A, Laa. But no. It''s pronounced La DASH a.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
DH and I were tempted with Ammonite (girl) or Velociraptor (boy) as middle names if I''d got KTFU on our mini-honeymoon - we spent it fossil hunting on the Jurassic coast in England.

Sadly, it took us another couple of weeks - but I still reckon it would be cool to have Velociraptor....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I just heard about twin girls named brianna and briana. Not sure of the spelling, but they''re identical twins and you pronounce the "a" sound differently.

And my grandmother knew a lady named Rita Booke. And one of my late great aunts was named "Dorkus." Poor thing.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh how could I forget? I also know a Sandra Butts who goes by Sandy. But her granddaughter called her "grandma Butts"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results