shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Names for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
So, there''s a child that came in to work today, and I had to do a doubletake at his name. For privacy sake I won''t say what it is, but his first and last name were the same!!!!! Like - Michael Michaels, that wasn''t it, but you get the idea. What the heck? It just sounded really dumb when you say the full name.....oh and the middle name was an offshoot of the first and last name as well!
So what are some of the stranger names of people/kids you know (not counting celebs, we already know their strange!)
2.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I used to know a Thomas Thomas...

eta: I also knew a Paul Simon which in itself isn't weird, but he got a lot of Simon & Garfunkel jokes growing up.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know of a woman who named one of her sons "Willie" and another "Willis". (And, yes, there were more. One was "Eddie".)

Deborah
34.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
There's an actor named Doug Doug. He goes by Doug E. Doug.
1.gif

Here's a story about a 19 year old girl who changed her own name to Cutout Dissection.com. That's definitely weird!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,437421,00.html

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my favorite professors in college was Alexander Alexander. I''d imagine that could get confusing ....

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
a teacher friend of mine had twin boys in her class. willie and waylon.

Brynn

Rough_Rock
I met a Teflon while volunteering once. He couldn''t have been more than 8 or so. We still giggle about it today.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Kegger (for a girl)

I''m still stunned by that one.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 7:34:41 PM
Author: Elmorton
Kegger (for a girl)

I''m still stunned by that one.
OMG, really?
23.gif
Was she was conceived at a frat party?

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
I knew two guys, one named Nick Cole and another named Ash Lee. Seriously, boys?!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Every year I ask my k-12 teacher friends what the strangest name in their class is, and that''s the 2008 winner.
7.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother had a teacher named Elston Elston. Talk about strange name.

I like unique names, but Kegger? That is horrible.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My instructor today was Berry Welser. "How you doing? Berry Welser!"

My mom has a Semaj in her class. It''s James backwards. I have an aunt named Kitty Eda Byrd. And a Dusty Road for a cousin.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
One summer in college I worked at a summer camp and there was a kid named Harrison Sachs there (and the CUTEST kid ever!)...now it doesn''t sound so bad like that, but his nickname was Harry. ''Nuff said.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 8:15:22 PM
Author: geckodani
My instructor today was Berry Welser. ''How you doing? Berry Welser!''

My mom has a Semaj in her class. It''s James backwards. I have an aunt named Kitty Eda Byrd. And a Dusty Road for a cousin.
Lol. It took me a minute to get that one. I''m a little slow on the draw today.
Oh, and I remember a lady i met once whose name was Marijauna.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I know not one but TWO William Williams!

E B

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I were at a party a few years ago and met a baby girl named Madden. After John Madden (of football fame). Her parents were both big football fans.

I went to college with a girl named Landry for the same reason.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I went to high school with a brother and sister. His name combined with her name equaled their last name! He had the first four letters, she has the last three. Hers wasn''t as bad as you didn''t really realize what her parents had done unless you saw it spelled out, but her brother had a double name- first name a shortened version of the last name. I still don''t understand what drives parents to do that.

I also heard of some parents that named their child Dustin. They last name was Moppin. I honestly don''t know if they even realized what they did.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
my aunt named her son malachi. pronounces mal-i-ki. like the creepy kid from children of the corn. she says it is in the bible, but the weird kid is what came to mind.

and i once knew an officer in the armed forces that was a major and his last name was rector. major rector just sounds funny.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
a friend of my daughter''s is named Sparkle Lumpkins!!! cutest little thing, but WOW!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I knew a Douglas Douglas when I was growing up. He would only respond to his full name, not "Doug" or just "Douglas." It had to be "Douglas Douglas."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 10:39:41 PM
Author: mommy2iz
a friend of my daughter''s is named Sparkle Lumpkins!!! cutest little thing, but WOW!
OH MY GOSH! It sounds adorable for a child, but as an adult it brings to mind pasties and dancing poles . . .

I know an Aphrodite, and a Monet. Both are from California.

My grandmother recently dated a man named Stormy Knight for a while.

I have a sister named Allie and her boyfriend (of over six years) is named Lane. They names aren''t necessarily odd alone, but we always tease them that they should name their future children after thoroughfares, too--Parkway, Avenue, Boulevard. And, Allie was a big bowler in high school, and Lane used to say that he wanted to open up a bowling alley for her and call it "Lane''s Allie".

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The radio station I listen to plays phone pranks on people and one day a girl named Diane called in and asked to prank her twin sister, Diana. Um, really, her parents couldn't think of more original names for their twins than Diane and Diana??
33.gif

Oh, and I once met a dating couple who both had the name Ashley. I assume the boy version of the name is spelled differently from the girl version, but it was still weird. If you are a guy with a name that is commonly female, please don't date a girl with the same name, it's too confusing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 7:34:41 PM
Author: Elmorton
Kegger (for a girl)

I'm still stunned by that one.
Party on!

Two kids I know are named after alcohol. One is Tia Maria and the other child is named after a brand of whiskey, but I'm afraid of posting the kids' name since it's so weird that if that parent happened to be reading this board they would KNOW I'm talking about their kid (plus I volunteer in that class. . . and the kid is super smart and impressive, so I don't to offend)! My husband DID snicker when he saw the kid's name!

My DH and I always try and come up with funny names if we had more kids. . .say, twins. They'd be Pillan and Millan. lol! (those names are similar to my boys' names - but of course they both have normal names, with normal spellings, etc.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 12:24:55 PM
Author: elrohwen
Oh, and I once met a dating couple who both had the name Ashley. I assume the boy version of the name is spelled differently from the girl version, but it was still weird. If you are a guy with a name that is commonly female, please don''t date a girl with the same name, it''s too confusing.
Such as the time Paris Hilton dated that guy named Paris.
9.gif
lol

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 12:47:47 PM
Author: MC

Date: 10/28/2008 12:24:55 PM
Author: elrohwen
Oh, and I once met a dating couple who both had the name Ashley. I assume the boy version of the name is spelled differently from the girl version, but it was still weird. If you are a guy with a name that is commonly female, please don''t date a girl with the same name, it''s too confusing.
Such as the time Paris Hilton dated that guy named Paris.
9.gif
lol
Haha, exactly!! I forgot about that one.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I worked at a univeristy for a while with two professors named William Quilliam and Noel M. Noel.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I work in HR, so I see a lot of names every day. The strangest one was a lady who was born in the late 60''s (picture hippy parents). I don''t remember the spelling, but it came out sounding "Sun see a ray", but all one word. She went by Sunny.

I''m prego right now, and picking a name is harder than I thought, but I still can''t imagine what some parents were thinking when they named their kids!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I went to school with a guy named Christopher Robbins and I ALWAYS associated him with the Winnie-the-Pooh kid.
A friend of mine married a guy named Jim Morrison. He says he thinks his mom knew about the Doors, but not sure his dad did.
There's a store in a nearby town called Petey Peterson's which I'm pretty sure is the name of the owner.
I know a Nicky Nicholson..
Oh - and I heard there was a student where I used to teach named Emily Dickinson.
ETA: I think Malachi is a cool name, actually - I only associate it with the biblical one. Ohhhh and this one is just a bizarre name, but my SIL worked with a woman named Phishadozia.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I won''t use my sister''s real name, but she dated a guy with the same shortened name; like Chris(tine) and Chris(topher). That was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results