shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 14th April till 20th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All!

We had a nice and regular (for us) Saturday. The weather's just fab, so we had our scone, fresh fruit and coffee on the terrace this morning and read the paper. Lunch was our usual Saturday Deli and I had 1/2 sandwich and soup. The soup was homemade tomato bisque - So Good. And the sandwich was half a Cuban, which is a favorite of mine. In case you aren't familiar with a Cuban, it's made on Cuban bread, which is a crusty on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside bread that reminds me of good french bread, but not as round. It's actually more of a flat bread. Anyway, inside the sandwich is Turkey, Ham, Pork, Swiss, Mustard, Tomato, Lettuce and Pickles. And then the sandwich is pressed on a grill till the ingredients are warm and the cheese is nice and gooey! So, it's crispy on the outside, warm and gooey (with some crunch from the pickles and lettuce of course) on the inside. The Cuban originated in Tampa around the turn of the last century when Tampa was the Cigar making capital of the world and Cuban people immigrated here to make cigars in cigar factories in town. Anyway, enough history. The lunch was good! Then we sat under the oak and enjoyed our afternoon coffee, followed by a very robust 3 hour workout. We had decided in advance that we wanted Pizza for dinner (Woo Hoo!), so in order to justify having Pizza I wanted to work out as hard as possible and burn as many calories in 3 hours as I could. So I did and I really pushed at the gym with Pizza slices dancing in my head! We went directly to this family owned Pizza spot near everything (like Sbucks) and we each had a good old fashioned salad with Italian dressing (on the side of course) then we ordered a 12 inch Pizza with fresh spinach, mushroom and peperoni. It was such a major treat for us. And that will do us for a couple months when I'll allow myself to indulge in Pizza again!! We walked from the Pizza place back to Sbucks and enjoyed a cup of decaf after dinner, then came home and got in the hot tub for a nice long soak. It was particularly nice since my muscles were sore from this afternoons workout. Tomorrow will be another gym day for us.

When we got home this month's issue of Men's Health was waiting in our mailbox and one of the tips this month has to do with when it's good to have an indulgent meal (like Pizza!). And the answer was directly after a hard workout! Immediately after a hard workout, your metabolism is elevated and your muscles will more quickly absorb the extra calories. So working out hard before we had Pizza tonight was a good thing!

LOL Marcy about the diffused light be so good for your diamond and being such a PS'er. One of the reasons I love our Sbucks is the diffused light under the oak, which makes my diamond come to life. I also love the elevator's in our condo as they have jewelry store lights in the ceiling, which is pretty cool too!

I'm glad you like to clean Monnie. I absolutely, utterly hate it. I hope with your Hubby out of town for the weekend that you treated yourself to some fun Monnie time!

dee*, I hope D's mother's announcement isn't anything to be concerned about. Enjoy your dinner and band tonight.

Welcome back Mara. Wow, it's been a year since your trip last year to Vegas already? I remember you paying that much money for the gym for a couple days and thought it was highway robbery. You might want to check if the gym you belong to at home is an IHRSA gym and if the hotel gym in Vegas is also IHRSA. If it is, the fee would much less. It would be worth checking into that in advance. Just google IHRSA and you can get more info.........

Sorry your oatmeal was a bust CJ. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the person next to me increase their RPM to try to keep up with me. So, now when you see someone looking at your monitor, you can mess with them and dramatically increase your RPM for a whille - LOL
11.gif
31.gif

Woo Hoo for Sandals and painters pants that aren't baggy Marcy. You so deserve to be able enjoy wearing clothes on that svelte body of yours these days!!

Glad you hired someone to trim the tree's Skippy. That can be dangerous. Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow!

You are not boring Linda. Not in the slightest. I hope you are not catching your grandson's sore throat. Take care and feel better.

You go DeeJay! 3 times on the elliptical is great! Sorry about the 2 lbs, but you know that the body can fluctuate up to 5 pounds everyday.

I guess that's about it for me. I hope you all enjoyed your Saturday. We were thinking Woo Hoo, Tomorrow's Sunday. We can read the paper on the terrace and have a leisurly morning. Then we realized that everyday is kind of Sunday since we're not working. Oh well, I guess we should enjoy having our "week" of Sunday's while we can, or until the money runs out........LOL

Sleep well everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad to hear you had pizza today, you certainly deserve a treat. Pizza is always one of my favorite treats. I laughed at you mentioning speeding up your RPM just to get someone else to increase their speed. I like it. Isn’t it great to find lighting that really lights up your diamond? I enjoyed wearing my painter’s pants and sandals today.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. We booked our band last night-they were amazing! So happy! It''s lashing rain here so just going to stay in and study and then go to D''s house for dinner tonight.

Mara-well done for exercising so much on holiday! I usually relax when I''m on hols. Have fun at vegas

Crown-sorry to hear that your cookies didn''t turn out well.

Marcy-You flew through that garden! Well done! hope you enjoyed your lunch. D''s mother can be difficult. We''re moving in together in a month and she has hit the roof over it. She hasn''t stopped crying and said that she''s put in an extra bed for me in their house
33.gif
. He''s going to be 28 in a few months so I just don''t understand the fact that she hasn''t thought of this before. His dad is fine-he deserves a medal! She loves me and we do get on quite well but I never feel 100% comfortable around her. I think it''s just that my family are so relaxed that I''m not used to such a highly strung family! Ah well, I could have been dealt a much worse blow with the in-laws
3.gif

Skippy-enjoy your bike ride today! Seems to be a yard cleaning day! I''m definitely excited for the trip!

Hi Linda
35.gif

Dee*Jay-well done for working out for so long today. I''m lost my knack of staying on the elliptical for ages!

Rod-glad you treated yourself to pizza-I had a nice spaghetti when I was out last night. I hardly ever have pizza but I might have it for my tuesday treat now! I hope that D''s mother isn''t going to announce anything too bad. I''m feeling a bit nervous!

Well talk to you all later! I''ll fill you in on what this announcement is!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Not much to report. Still spending lots of time on school/teaching. We''re going to the avocado festival today, so it probably won''t be a very healthy day, but lots of fun.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

K

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I pobably won''t bike today; my allergies are kicking my behind. My lungs were so itchy last night I had to take benadryl so I will do a tape here at home. Have a great Sunday all!!!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all, have nothing to report at all. Just back from D''s house. The announcement that his mother wanted to make was that they were paying for the trip to Australia, five star all the way for D and I as our engagement present. It''s such a generous gift!

Well no other news for me. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2008 5:21:15 PM
Author: bee*
Hey all, have nothing to report at all. Just back from D''s house. The announcement that his mother wanted to make was that they were paying for the trip to Australia, five star all the way for D and I as our engagement present. It''s such a generous gift!

hehe, I was guessing that it might be something like that; that is the only time my parents ever have a meeting with my sister and I. That is awsome; what sweet parents!!!
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2008 5:25:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 4/20/2008 5:21:15 PM

Author: bee*

hehe, I was guessing that it might be something like that; that is the only time my parents ever have a meeting with my sister and I. That is awsome; what sweet parents!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Skippy. I was just so afraid that she was going to start moaning about D moving out. I''m so thrilled that this is our pressie. Definitely sweet parents!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
quick check in...haven''t exercised in awhile, but tonight I did go on a 40 min walk with one of my friends in the neighborhood.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, it''s after 11 PM, so this will need to be somewhat quick (I can be quick can''t I??)

It was a lovely day. Weather was perfect. Breakfast on the terrace. Lunch at a new Pita place, called the Pita Wrap. It was good, not earthshaking good, but good. Then coffee under the oak, followed by a super duper strong workout at the gym. Maybe the Pita provided extra carbs to help fuel a very strong workout? Since tommorow''s a day of rest, I usually try to push harder the day before. But for some reason I was ushing higher weights on almost every machine today, which was good. I''m a little sore, but that''s good too. Dinner was steamed shrimp (seasoned with old bay and cracked red pepper) and fresh sillver queen corn, SO YUMMY. Then we put the top down on the car and went back for a cup of decaf and we split a cinnamon roll from Panera for dessert. We made it home in time to watch DHW and Brother''s and Sisters.
bee*, I''m so glad your soon to be MIL''s announcement was such a generous one!

Skippy, so sorry your allergies got in the way of you being outdoors today. I hope you''re better tomorrow. We saw a "My House Is Worth What" episode on HGTV while eating dinner and one of the houses was in Albuquerque. It was a very nice house and was worth about 1.1 Million!

Hope you enjoyed your walk Apple!!

That''s about all for our day, which was a very nice day indeed! See you in next week''s thread..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hate to see the weekend ending. I had another busy day. We had a dead tree get knocked over in a wind storm a few weeks ago so we cut it up and hauled it off today. I asked Marty if he ever thought I’d be out there helping him do the yard work. He kind of hesitated to answer and I said not to feel bad – I didn’t either. My In-laws got back to town today. They haven’t seen me since October but I have sent them pictures. They said it’s a good thing I showed up with Marty or they wouldn’t have recognized me. Probably not true but a nice compliment.
Bee, my husband’s family is very different than mine too. They are interesting – if you’re not there – they are dishing out some kind of dirt on you. My family is very positive and supportive so it took some getting used to how they think. I am delighted to hear your surprise was your awesome trip to Australia. Be sure and check out the stars down there for me.
Kimi, the avocado festival sounds fun. I didn’t do well on healthy food today. I had the munchies today but at least my snacks were baked lays, dry roasted almonds, hostess 100 cal cupcakes and some teddy grahams. Mind you this wasn’t all at once just when I was getting hungry. Tonight we had Klondike bars with the in-laws. I know not a horrible day but I’m trying to be good.
Skippy, sorry to hear your allergies are kicking in to high gear. It was really windy here again and I’ve been sneezing, got a sinus headache and my eyes are burning. Rats for having allergies – we are twins again today. I hope you feel better soon.
Rod, glad to hear you had a lovely day and a wonderful workout. Mmm for cinnamon rolls.
Take care. I’ll see you all in next week’s thread.
35.gif

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. The plan for today is to head into college to study and then do salsa step aerobics at 7 this evening and walk my Amber. Cannot wait until these stupid exams are over.

Appletini-well done for doing the 40 minutes walk.

Rod- thank you! It was definitely generous. Glad that you did a super duper strong workout! Enjoy your day of rest today.

Marcy- I''d say that your in-laws were shocked when they saw you! It is hard to get used to a different family when you''re so used to your own. They''re very nice people, just not as relaxed as my own family!! I''ll definitely check the stars for you down there.

Talk to you all later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results