shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th Nov till 18th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Mrs S. – congrats on a baby boy! How exciting!!!
KayakQueen – welcome to the thread
1.gif

Skippy – glad to hear you are starting to feel a little better.
Mara – I do a Turkey Trot every year, too. It’s a 10k on Thanksgiving morning and I agree that it’s the perfect excuse to eat what you REALLY want for dinner. I also harass my sister into running it with me and it’s a good time, although the weather can be pretty unpredictable (sometime cold or rainy). And Italy??? Girl, I am so jealous!

I just got back from my work trip today. The team building stuff they made us do was predictably awful but I survived. And, the food wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. In the morning I ate a Clif bar and yogurt each day. Lunch was chicken and veggies one day, a turkey wrap the next day, and pizza today (I had the veggie pizza so it wasn’t too awful). The first nite one of the execs had us to her home for dinner which was amazing. She stuffed chicken breasts with apples, raisens, and cinnamon – sounds weird but it was delicious! She also made pasta with homemade sauce, which I had a very small serving of. My splurge was the homemade apple pie….so good! Dinner last nite was mongolian bbq – I stuck to the chicken and veggies for that. There was no time for working out, which I expected, so I’ll have to get back to that tomorrow since I got home after the gym closed tonite. I’m pooped after sleeping only 2 hour Sunday nite and think I will turn in shortly.

I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner. My family does it Sunday nite and then Thursday again. So I will have to plan my workouts accordingly!

Have a great evening all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m afraid it''s late, so this needs to be pretty quick. Sorry you and John are sick Kimberly. Italy is a place I''ve promised Charlie we''ll visit soon too Mara! Thanks for saying you enjoy reading about us ''old fart''s'' Linda!! Sorry you''re coming down with something Monnie. It is that time of year and being in retail you come in contact with so many people, so it''s easy to catch things. LOL Lorelei, I can see you making faces at John Boy to help your workout speed by.....funny! Yay for a 3 mile walk in brrrrrrrr, cold weather Skippy. I don''t miss the cold a bit to be honest. I''ve grown quite fond of our beautiful winters in Florida!! Kayak, sorry you had a bad experience at the gym. It happens even to some of us who go lot''s, so don''t let it get you down. But glad it helped to put things in good perspective for you. Glad you survived the team building outing tdiddy. Hopefully, that''s the last time you''ll have to go through that for a long while!!

OK, my day. I worked hard, but left work at 4:30 - WOO HOO and went to the gym and did my complete workout and got to the restaurant at 7:30 (just across the street from the gym) just in time. Had a great workout. And we really enjoyed our dinner and time with our friends. So, it was a pretty good day. It was really nice working out earlier. I wish I could do that more often, but it just isn''t very likely. Oh well.........

Anyway, sounds like many had good days. I''ll post more tomorrow. Night night.........

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, you are not an "old fart" I am older than you!! Well, what does that make me then?? ha ha ha ha ha ha

Linda

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! Well, we had a really great time last night with Adam's cousin in town. We took her to our fav. sushi place b/c she is just starting to get into it. My hubby kept ordering all these new things for her to try, it was so yummy. I had my usual spicy tuna roll and had a pice of torro tuna...very yummy and very healthy. Tonight I am making chicken tortillia soup with my leftover roasted chicken, so that should be yummy too. We just got back from Andrew's soccer practice...man it is hot out today, I broke a good sweat running back and forth with him, it is so much fun. Later today I think I am going to do somewhat of an interval workout...jump rope 10 mins., work out arms, jump rope 10 mins., work out legs, jump rope 10 mins., work out abs. Should be a really good workout. Anyway, hope everyone is well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!! is everyone starting to get ready for thanksgiving?!?! i am so excited about eating all those goodies, we only have real thanksgiving food once a year...though i often think it''d be fun to make stuffing, turkey, mashed taters when it''s not thanksgiving but we just never do. might try a few new recipes etc.

still waiting on my body fat tests from my trainer, apparently their computer with the software on it is fritzed. this is like the ultimate in torture!!

yesterday made the chicken soup in the crockpot with zucchini, onion, portabella mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, wild rice, and chicken carcass (and a breast thrown in!) with a bunch of spices and had it for dinner. it was verra tasty!!! we had pilsbury biscuits as well with the dinner...not quite the healthiest but i love those things and i was craving some comfort food last nite as it''s TTOTM. used light butter though! hehee.

no workout yesterday, took a day off. it was really hard to not even do abs or whatever, but i figured my body needed a REAL day off with absolutely no workouts for the muscles. otherwise i''m just not letting it rest ever. so today i have the trainer and i am doing a zumba class afterwards. should be fun! chicken soup probably for dinner again to get rid of it (poor greg, he hates eating leftovers!).

hope everyone is having a great morning...those who are sick are feeling maybe a bit better...and everyone is looking fwd to the weekend! YAY.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have to do a quick threadjack, thanks to Ellen the Brilliant, we now have a pants emotie!!!!!!

I am feeling the benefits of my treddy workouts already, it really seems to keep me in the sort of shape I like. I have reduced the weight workouts because I am a chicken and I was feeling larger, silly but I panicked a bit! But I will try for twice a week as that shouldn''t bulk me up too much, perhaps I have that sort of body type that builds muscle....
34.gif

pants1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I was working out with weights every other day and started noticing that I was bulking up a little too much too, so I reduced it to 2 days a week as well. I really like that I am looking leaner this way and not getting bulky...I think I have that body type too with a lot of muscle so I don''t want to get bulky, just toned.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Hello All!

I haven''t been feeling well lately and I think I''m coming down with something. Yesterday I decided to take the day off to recoup and I planed on going to the gym today but I feel too yucky. Looks like I''ll stay in again tonight. It stinks, I felt like I was on a roll in my workout schedule. I''m excited about my yummy healthy dinner tonight. Hopefully the steak with corn and tomato relish will be as tasty as it sounds. Yesterday, I bought a new one piece bathing suit to use in my gyms swimming pool. I''m hoping to mix my workout up with some laps this weekend. Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day!

Oh and in regards to Thanksgiving. Are any of you traveling over the holiday and if so how to you intend to exercise, if at all? I''m traveling to Atlanta for a few days and hoping to pick your brain for some work-out travel tips!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a few comments re: looking bulky vs lean.

unless you are doing serious body building type weights, you should not be bulking up by just doing weights 3-4x a week. i do weights about 4x a week and i am not bulky at all. but part of it is that muscle will puff up after you use it and will look swollen, so you may think you look bigger after a workout with weights, but chances are it's just swelling. also if you still have a fair amount of fat to lose, it might be toning and puffing up your muscles under the fat and pushing the fat up.

but i have had multiple trainers at my place tell me to not worry about bulking up, unless you are doing like serious weight lifting amounts of weight for a competition you will not actually get bulky. and i am one who does build up muscle quite easily and quickly, but i am not bulky at all.

i'd say to those think weight training is making them bulky, to focus on losing a bit more fat through diet, but don't cut back your weight workouts. you can also still do fat burn weights which are lower weight and more reps instead of higher weights and less reps if you are seriously afraid (but you shouldn't be).

i am SO much happier with my body now that i am doing more weights. if i only had 20 min now i would do weights instead of cardio as the benefits are much better for my body in the long run, also the more muscle you build and fat you burn, the more calories your body burns just sitting there. i have definitely noticed this in how splurgey i have been in the last 3-4 weeks with our vacation and my houston trip and all that i have been eating and not gained any weight. i really do attribute it to more interval cardio training but really mostly about the weights and the muscle i hae built.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, good info on looking bulky vs lean. I also heard it is hard for women to get bulky. I am excited about Thanksgiving! I can't believe tomorrow is Friday!!!

Rod, glad you had a fun dinner w/friends and got out of work early, yay! Cool about getting a workout in too! I don't like the cold so you are tempting me w/Florida. hehee

Hey, Linda!

Tdiddy, glad the trip wasn't too nutty food wise. How about taking a dyna band (sp?) w/you to your family so you can do some strength training and see if you can get your family out for a walk.

Steph great job on the interval workout!

Lorelei, I like the pants. hehee Yay for keeping weights in your workout.

Kayakqueen, Monnie and Kimi, feel better! Drink lots of water, rest, cold ease (sp?) and airborne. Oh yeah, soup too! Hope you feel lots better soon; it is totally that time of year.

Hey Marcy DeeJay and Sharon!

Okay I am off to do my walk; it is in the low 60's but sunny
emhot.gif
I have pizza dough rising for tonight; hubby will be happy. Happy Thursday and it is the Office tonight, yay! Anyone have any healthy recipes to add to our healthy thread?
31.gif
ETA: oh yeah, I almost forgot. . . I lost 1.5 lbs, yay!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

I''m still feeling pants today, as our friend Lorelei would say. Ugh. I''m making CL meatloaf, green beans and sweet potato fries for dinner.

Kayak, we travel for Thanksgiving and my mom has already planned a hike for us (there''s no Turkey Trot where she lives, darn it!) and we''ll do evening walks, etc. If my mom lived closer we''d walk every day, though, so it isn''t hard for me because it''s something she enjoys.

Have a great evening all.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! Just a quick check in. Work was pretty busy today, and I worked late to make up for a long lunch I took earlier in the week. I should have an easier day tomorrow, just the way I like it for a Friday! I got in the middle of something and didn''t eat until 2 pm today and felt like I would pass out. Sooo unhealthy! I should have had a snack!
After work I just had time for a quick workout so I did 30 min on the treamill, with my usual intervals (4 levels) only difference is I widened the interval, and walked for my low interval (usually I jog) and ran all out for my top interval. It was good. I do a minute at each level, so I cycle through about 5 times, with a brief warm up and cool down. Then I did about 10 min of abs.
Well one good thing, when I head to my hometown next time my mom wants to treat me to a consultation w/ her trainer, who will come up w/ a detailed plan for me. One thing that is always a challenge with trainers is that most don''t specialize in my sports, long distance running and triathlon training. But I figure the winter is my off season for those events so I can try her program until I have to start hard core training again. Will be good to mix it up and very generous of my mom. Someday I would love to hire a coach or join a team for triathlon, I think that would be very helpful.
Someone asked about working out when you travel. I always throw my stretchy resistance band in my suitcase and try to use it. I also pack running clothes and shoes, and I try to go every day. Everyone I visit knows my commitment to fitness, so they understand! I try to stay at hotels that have gyms even though they are usually sub par gyms. Also, if I am visiting friends or family who have gym memberships I ask if they have guest passes (my parents can get them, which is nice.) Also, my gym participates in an exchange where you can go to other gyms, although I haven''t looked into the details, but if I were going on a long trip I would. Usually I just run. However, if we are doing something really short like one or two nights, I don''t stress too much but just try to walk as much as I can. Long answer to a short question!
I feel like all my body fat is moving towards my midsection - is that possible?!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday Everyone!

Got a chuckle out of you're older than me Linda. Really? I guess with Jeff, You and Me, we're the ancient ones on this thread. But I defy anyone to think I look ancient!! LOL

Steph, your jump rope 10 minutes, work out a muscle group, then jump rope again is great interval training. Like Mara said, unless you're lifting some serious weights, I wouldn't worry about long term bulking up. It really does take some serious muscle shrediing to get them to grow big. BTW., a cold front came through this afternoon and the high in Tampa is only going to be in the 60's tomorrow, so I'm betting some of this cooler air will make it your way!!

Kayak, sorry you're not feeling well either. We don't travel for Christmas or Thanksgiving. We used to before we started rebuild Rod and Charlie, so being healthy and traveling was not an issue back then. But since we work so many hours these days, the last thing we want to do is travel this time of year. Like Gail (TanDogMom) suggested, you can walk, run or another suggestion I have is buy a book called Core Performance Essentials, by Mark Verstegen. It's all about working your core to healthier you and you can do virtually all of the exercises anywhere. Just a suggestion.........

You go Skippy!!! 1.5 pounds is terrific. All those long walks are paying off. I haven't weighed myself in over a week. If I do weigh myself, it's usually on Friday mornings. Maybe I'll get on the scale monster tomorrow. Maybe..........

Sorry you're still feeling Pants Kimberly. THe dinner you're making is all comfort food. That should help you feel better!!

Gail, I'm sure you know this, but body fat just can't move. If yours is concentrating in your midsection, you're probably genetically predisposed to having fat there. Core Core Core, Rod the broken record said. The option of getting with a trainer for the non-running months could be a great thing for you!!

Another long day. And I didn't sleep well last night. Even though we don't home from the gym until around 9'ish most nights, we at least get some evening at home. Getting home at 10:30 last night just didn't leave any wind down time, so when I went to bed, my mind just wouldn't shup off. I actually got up at about 1 AM and drank a glass of wine. That did relax me enough to get a few hours sleep. Charlie didn't sleep well either, so he just wanted to have a nice quite evening and he took the night off from the gym. I decided to go ahead and have my third workout in a row. Even though I was pretty tired going in, the adrenaline kicked in and I had a very good workout. Tomorrow's Friday, YAY. Which means.......yes, you guessed it.......Sushi, Frozen Yogurt and coffee at Starbucks. Woo Hoo for Friday!!

I hope everyone had a nice day today and is looking forward to getting the weekend off to a good start tomorrow.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod Dear,

Yes, I am 58. I feel good though. People that don''t know me, always think I am 45 or 46, so that is a good thing. Last week, someone thought I was 44. I guess not smoking, an occasional cocktail once in awhile and not laying out in the sun all my life, really paid off, ha ha ha ha ha ha.

HI SKIPPY!!!

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and I lost another pound. YEA!!

And please stop talking about Italy and Paris, Spain or whatever, I am getting soooooooooooo jealous, tee hee.

Although, Rick and I are going to Honolulu in May for a week. Our nephew is getting married, so that will be so much fun.

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

Today was another non-stop day. If tomorrow goes as planned I should be pretty open after about 2:00, and I really need a little time to regroup. I did take a walk over to my old office and back today, but that's about it for exercise. And I had lunch with a client at my favorite Italian restaurant but somehow I managed at the last minute to order the grilled salmon over sauteed spinach rather than the pasta I usually get. (Dee pats self on back!)

About 30 seconds ago I did a truly scary thing--I sent out the e-vite for my annual friends and clients party. Dear god, please let a lot of people decline or I'm going to be in a world of hurt! If everyone came I would potentially have 200 people all crammed into my living room at one time and their just ain't enough room for that! Next year I am simply going to have to move the party to a venue. Plus having a few waiters wouldn't be bad either...

ETA: ACK!!! -- I just looked at the e-vite web page and people are already responding. Maybe I could knock out a wall between my townhouse and the neighbors...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ,

I hope your party goes well. We are having one too and I just checked my e-vite page. People are responding too. Now I don''t even have an idea what I am going to serve or what to wear. Egad!!!

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, LOL, I haven''t even gotten to the "wearing" and "serving" parts yet... I''m still working on the inviting. Those will be my next panic attacks!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ,

My party consists of only 25 people compared to yours. LOL. We are having a buffet.

I am still panicking at what to wear. Won''t be formal wear I can tell you that much ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 10:49:56 PM
Author: Linda W
Oh and I lost another pound. YEA!!

And please stop talking about Italy and Paris, Spain or whatever, I am getting soooooooooooo jealous, tee hee.

Although, Rick and I are going to Honolulu in May for a week. Our nephew is getting married, so that will be so much fun.

Linda
Yay to another lb and Hawaii! It is so funny after we booked our trip I got kind of sad thinking we weren''t going to Hawaii again.

Rod, yay for sweet dreams!

Dee and Linda, you party animals!!!

Sweet dreams and all you under the weather I am sending get well vibes. Rest.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited tomorrow is Friday. After I get to escape from work tomorrow; I am FREE until 8 a.m. next Friday. Yippee! Of course there is the less structure more access to food part of that but I’ll try to watch it.
Kimi, I am sorry to hear you have a headache and that both you and John are sick. I hope you are both feeling great again soon. I am pretty hungry for pizza so I plan on hitting Old Chicago on one of my outings next week. My knee is better, I am pretty sure some of the exercises I started doing last weekend flared it up. Rats. I will do one of them a day and see which one is aggravating them.
Hi Lorelei, how is your TM doing? How exciting we have a pants emotie!
Kayak, I hate to hear you felt bad after overdoing it. You really jumped in full throttle. Thanks for all the happy faces for loosing 134 pounds; I am pretty excited myself. My knee is doing better too. Funny you mentioned enjoying your finished work when you clean things out. When I opened my laundry closet tonight I was so pleased to see it all nice and tidy. I plan on starting on our computer room when I’m off work this coming week. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Jas, thanks for stopping by to say hi.
Mara, you plan to take a trip to Italy sound great. My husband really wants to go there some day. He told me to make it happen. We tend to spend our money on toys instead of saving for big trips but he wants to start taking trips so I guess there goes my jewelry $$$.
DeeJay, the food must be great in Italy if you can gain a pound a day. I’d hate to stay there a month. Aak. Sounds like you could have a big crowd for your party. Good luck with that.
Skippy, you are such the world traveler. How fun for you. I am thinking of making some skirts and jumpers for the spring; I like easy things to sew. I am a fighter and pretty stubborn; I guess they go hand in hand. Sorry you got cold on your walk last night. I hope you enjoyed your pizza for supper. That sounds really good. Yay for loosing more weight. Yippee!
36.gif

Sharon, I’m glad your knees are feeling better. Good luck at the gym. That’s great you lost weight on your trip to Italy.
Chrono, maybe your body is just stabilizing for awhile after steadily dropping weight. I think our bodies just fluctuate a lot from day to day.
Hi CJ. Good luck on reaching your goal.
Shortblonde, it sounds like you are having a great time in Chicago. Have fun with your African dance class.
Linda, yay for loosing another pound! Good luck with your party too. Oooh Hawaii.
Tdiddy, good plan to do a 10K turkey trot. You should be able to indulge in anything you want that day after that kind of run. I am glad you survived your work trip. Enjoy your 2 Thanksgivings.
Rod, woo hoo for getting off work early yesterday and getting in a great workout. I’m glad your dinner with friends was so nice. Sorry you didn’t sleep well last night.
Steph, I am glad you guys enjoyed your sushi dinner last night. It sounds like you had a nice and varied workout planned for today.
TanDogMom, that is so nice of your mom to make arrangements for you to meet a trainer when you go home.
Take care everyone.
Sweet dreams.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! i finally got my body fat results back from my trainer and i'm 21.2%. when i started on aug 30 i was 23.5%. so YAY for 2.4% body fat droppage! my goal is 20.5% and 'excellent' is 21% so i am really close....hehe. of course after today it's probably like 40% bf because my coworker brought donuts and i ate multiples hehehe. my trainer did some upper body pilates work with me and then i did a zumba class which was fun times. eating today other than the donuts was sparse, protein egg wrap for breakkie, had a really late small lunch of a bit of chicken kebab and hummus just to get some protein in besides the sugar and carbs of the donuts. and then dinner was chicken soup from last nite which was pretty light.

sounds like everyone is doing pretty well...except for those wwt'ers who are under the weather...i hope everyone feels better! friday is just around the corner, yay for a weekend. we are going to this awesome small fondue place that we adore, it's not melting pot, there are only two of these anywhere. they just moved to a new building after multiple years in one location and they spent a ton to remodel the new place so i am really excited to try it. we're going with some friends so it'll be fun. and tomorrow night we are having dinner with our neighbors...thai take out from this new place up the street that we tried but they haven't yet.

gail, yay for intervals. rod, sorry you didn't have a good night's sleep. kimi, hope you feel better. dj, hope your party turns out okay...i'm sure you'll make a great hostess! steph, i am totally into jumping rope too in between weight sets, i think it's great circuit training. tdiddy, yay for a turkey trot as well hehee. gotta love a guilt free thanksgiving. skip, yay for lb-age lost, that's great.

anyhow, time for some tv and relaxation, have a great rest of the evening all!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''m reporting in that I DID go to the gym today, first time in a few months! I was on the elliptical (with arms!) for 30 minutes. I could only do about 8 or 9 minutes at high resistance but then dropped down to mid-level resistance for 1-2 minutes. I had a limited amount of time because friends were going to drop by my apt, so I did a 3 continuous sets of 25 leg presses (so basically I just did 75 straight without a break). It wasn''t hard at all but the numbers were confusing...I was pressing 120 pounds, and normally I can only do about 80-90 pounds. There''s no way my legs got stronger in my 3 months of sedentary life.

Then I rushed home, only to find out that my friends'' event ended early so they went straight home instead of stopping by. ARRRRRGGGH!!! I cut my workout short so I could be home to meet them! Breathe. Let it gooooo... (sigh).

So now I''m doing crunches and pushups at home while trying to clean between sets. Tomorrow a friend is having a going away party, so there will be lots of food and drinks. I need a little "good CrownJewel" to sit on my shoulder as the "bad CrownJewel" urges me to eat all the yummy food.

Oh, so I''ll do a weigh-in, just for the heck of it (and to compare to my last weigh in from months and months ago):

Jan 3, 2007
Height: 5''0"
weight: 107 lb
bust: 33"
frame: small and mostly flabby but my legs pack on muscle easily
hips: 34.5"
waist: 27"
low waist: 30"
upper arm: 10.5"
thighs: 20"

Nov 15, 2007
Height: 5''0" (darn I didn''t grow)
weight: 113.8 lbs
bust: 33.75"
hips: 35.75"
waist: 29"
low waist: 32.5"
upper arm: 10.75"
thighs: 21"

AAAaaah! I have lots of work to do!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back CJ!!!

Mara that was great info thanks and well done on the BF droppage! I suspect it is me panicking more than anything and I will keep going on the twice a week and see what happens with the weights.

Kimmers I hope you don't feel like pants for too much longer...
39.gif

I am looking forward to my workout tonight, I am so enjoying having the treddy back, although i am still coveting the uber Reebok one...
27.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Friday morning everyone! Yesterday''s workout with the jump rope and weights circuit was awesome...I think I am going to start doing that 2X a week. I''m really sore this morning, so I guess that is a good thing. Last night''s dinner was so yummy....I took left over roasted chicken and made homemade tortilla soup, yummy! I''m about to be off for another soccer practice...they had 3 this week to make up for missing next Thurs. practice. Rod...you are right it is freezing here today! Alright not freezing, but in the 50s and windy:) KQ, hope you feel better...how funny, we are traveling to Atlanta as well...we waited too long for airfares so we''re making that icky drive, not looking forward to that, but it will be worth it to see all the family. Mara, good job on the bf loss...it is funny, your measurements that you posted are almost exactly mine as far as bust, waist, hips...I need to get my bf checked. Marcy, enjoy all your time off, it is well deserved! Skippy, great job on the 1.5 loss:)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, hooray for weight loss!

Marcy, how''d I miss you are now at 134 lbs. lost, WOO HOO!
emotion-19.gif

Lorelei, thanks for the well wishes. I''ve been sleeping a lot, like going to bed at 8:30 and sleeping until 5:30 a lot.

DeeJay, sounds like quite a shindig you''re throwing, I''d be scared about the numbers too! Glad work is so busy.

So I''m working for the last day before Thanksgiving (my district closes for a week). It''s been so fun being in the same classroom, man will I miss my kiddos.

Tonight John and I are taking the older of the two brothers I babysit for to a football game. We''ll get fast food of some sort before we head over the field. I haven''t been to a high school football game since I was a sophomore, this should be fun!

Have a great day all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy TG everyone!! Try not to stress too much over the meal preparation--enjoy your time together.

Sore knee
8.gif
, so no formal exercise today--just running around with errands. I do plan on using the pool next week instead of the gym, that will be more my speed.

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, TGIF! Well, I am taking today off since I know I will be working out Saturday and Sunday. One of my good friends who I have known 14 years came into town from Denver w/her baby (she came out to visit family for Turkey day). Well tomorrow I will be catching up for lunch w/her, and another friend from here. When I was in college we use to all work together at a hip clothing store and we remained friends long after so it will be so wonderful to catch up!

Good news which some of you already knew but now confirmed that I get to keep that antique/art deco diamond brooch
30.gif
. It turns out it is by holiday gift since we had to buy it (long story). I guess I will wear it to a wedding or something sometime or charity event. I am happy this special antique will stay in the family! Yay!

Hubby and I met for lunch which was nice. I so enjoy seeing my hubby every chance I get even after almost 8 years of marriage. hehee

Kimi, I am done w/the curtin. I will post pics this weekend so you all can see. I hope you get to feeling better soon it is so weird to see how much rest you need when you are sick. I hope you have time to veg and get better; hoping John is better too!

Rod, I am sorry, I guess I was tired last night and thought you slept well but you didn't. I hope you have sweet dreams tonight! Sleepytime tea helps me sleep when I can't. Thanks for the weight loss kudos.

Linda, I got to say you are too cute! I can almost hear a cheerful voice when I read your cute posts!

DeeJay, whoo hooo to a healthy dinner. I will cross my fingers you don't get too many acceptances to your party. The hard things is I bet everyone will want to come to your party since you are so dang happy go lucky fun person to be around (maybe people will get the flu that weekend)
11.gif
2.gif

Marcy, I peeked at your post to Kimi. Are you going to Chicago? Enjoy your free time! I am so sorry about your knee I try and take a day off between a couple of days of exercise. I hope it gets better. Can you believe I never wanted to travel until hubby took me on some trips?!?! I thought traveling was weird or something (gosh I was the weird one). hehee

Mara, whooo hooo for being super woman w/totally low body fat! YAY! thanks for the weight loss kudos!

CrownJewel, Yay for weight lifting and cardio! The more social I am at a party the less I eat so be a social butterfly tomorrow. hehe

Lorelei, you always crack me up! I love yours and miss Ellens humor; it makes me giggle! Yay for the treddy!

Steph, I am kicking my weight workout up a notch too! It speeds up our metabolisms, so yay! Thanks for the kudos. We are in the 50's 60's too; I don't like cold weather.

Gail, keep snacks around; when I don't eat I feel like passing out too. Yay for a treddy workout and intervals.

Sharon, hope the knee gets better pt helped me. I still have problems but I try to do my exercises so it doesn't hurt. Sorry and hang in there, I know how frustrating it can be!!

Happy start to the holiday; next week you will only have to work 3 days! Then it is turkey day and shopping days!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaY Skippy!!!! So glad you get to keep the brooch, now it will stay in the family. You can wear it for Christmas!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Wish I could meet you in person. You are so darn adorable!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 4:00:49 PM
Author: Linda W
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaY Skippy!!!! So glad you get to keep the brooch, now it will stay in the family. You can wear it for Christmas!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Wish I could meet you in person. You are so darn adorable!!!

Linda
Thank you Linda, I am happy too, especially for my husband since it belonged to his favorite aunt. LOL, you said exactly what my mom said about wearing it for the holidays. You are the darn adorable one
9.gif
; if you are ever in NM let me know. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results