shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 12th Nov till 18th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ sure you don''t want to be on the verge of passing out when you work out....but I definitely have noticed that I have better performance and endurance by doing the intervals. And it tricks your body into thinking you are working harder the whole time, even though you are only doing intervals. Overall, I do agree with the ''you shouldn''t be able to carry on a conversation'' thing while working out because seriously...go to work out, not to chat!!! hehee. Now I am just all about efficiency. Also I have been jumping rope a lot more and that is something I definitely can''t do while talking.

Speaking of working out, I''m about to go down to our work gym in about 20 min. I just ate 1/3 of a protein bar so I want to give it time to digest a bit before pushing my body, but I was getting hungry so I wanted to eat something since it will be about another 2-3 hours before I eat dinner. Eating while at work has been pretty good except for the ~2 small chocolate candies I eat during the day, probably about 50 cals each so no biggie in the scheme of things. Things go much better when I allow myself to try a few things at work because we always have so much stuff around. Breakkie was egg white omelet with coffee, snack was a flax cranberry bar, lunch was an Orchard Harvest salad from Panera with ff poppyseed dressing with chicken breast added on, and snack was 1/3 protein bar, and the 2 small candies. Dinner might just be grilled cheese with tomato soup OR if I feel perky after my workout I would like to get over to Whole Foods and pick up a rotisserie chicken to have for dinner and then make chick soup for tomorrow in the crockpot with veggies and wild rice. We shall see!

Hope all have a great evening!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All! It''s nice to see more posts today!

Welcome to our healthy family Kayak! Sounds like you''re doing well with getting in the gym and already losing 10 pounds is great. Don''t be in a hurry to lose the weight. As one of Lorelei''s weekly openers offered, Slow and Steady Wins The Race!! Anyway, welcome and I''m sure you''ll find much comfort and friendship here!

Oh DeeJay, the Culinary School meeting sounded like fun and I would have had a difficult time avoiding the goodies too. I got a kick out of your self congratulation for .8 mile when you realized you used to walk a full mile!! LOL

Sorry you can''t get the new treddy Lorelei, but at least the old one is now working well. Got a chuckle out of you treddy''ing to the Waltons. I was never a John Boy fan myself.

Steph, I''ll say congrats on losing another half pound. Is your picture avatar an accurate picture of you?? If it is, I hope you''re not planning on losing more weight. You look fabulous already! Tough decisions you''ve got ahead of you. Moving during the holidays isn''t much fun. We did it last year to Raleigh, and it was really depressing for me.

Yay on more lost weight Marcy!!

Sharon, sorry your knee is still bothering you. I hope when you worked out it didn''t hurt more.

Mara, as you''ve come to know, we''ve gone more towards weight training and cut back a bit on the cardio too. I always wondered what someone was accomplishing if they could read a book or magazine while on the elliptical? We sure couldn''t. Our sessions as you know are quite intense and all I can handle is listening to my iPod, wiping the sweat off my face and squirting some water down my throat to keep me hydrated. Of course I do spend more than 45 - 55 minutes but I''m pretty focused on building some real muscle while I''m at it. And that takes extra time.

So gald you''re feeling better Skippy!!! I hope your workout goes well for you!

Long day as usual. I guess it''s just the way things will be. I left the office a little after 6, and got on the floor of the gym by 6:30. I did more weights tonight, and since it was getting late, I cut my time on the elliptical to 25 minutes, but since I was cutting 10 minutes off, I pushed much harder for the whole 25 minutes. For dinner, I had homemade chicken and vegetable soup and a piece of toasted baguette with a healthy butter alternative (it''s one of those heart smart ones, but the name escapes me at the moment). Charlie got to take another half day today, so he did his workout this afternoon and then stopped and got us some frozen yogurt, so I had that for dessert!!

We''re having dinner with friends we haven''t seen since we came home to Tampa, so a workout tomorrow is questionable. If at all possible, since I''ve been putting in plenty of extra time, I''m hoping to leave work early and still hit the gym as our dinner plans aren''t until 7:30 and the restaurant is really across the street from our gym. So, hopefully that will work out.

I guess that''s about it for the day. Sweet dreams to you all.........

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s! Sorry I''ve been MIA again this week. Today was a very long day at work, don''t get me wrong, I love my job...but I made about 200 phone calls today to customers reminding them of our Ladies Night event this Thursday, and by 3 p.m. my throat was beyond sore and I could feel and see my lymph nodes in my throat swelling up! I feel like I''m coming down with some sort of bug, so I downed a glass of Airborne when I came home and changed into some comfies and am getting ready for bed. Despite having Sunday and Monday off and not really doing much besides housekeeping chores and laundry, I feel really exhausted tonight. I do NOT need to be sick this week! But what can I do to stave off a cold? I really hate orange juice, so will lots of water and a preventative dose of cold medicine really help much? I can''t remember what you all have suggested on previous threads.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi all!
Just a quick check in. Of course, I said I wouldn''t be around that much and here I am, I just love pricescope!
My day was good, went to lunch w/ friends and ate only half my entree (it wasn''t that good, so that was easy). I hurriedly ordered chicken pad thai b/c I didn''t have time to read the menu that well, so I ate all the chicken and some of the veggies and just a few noodles. Was hungry this afternoon and had turkey w/ hummus (like a wrap minus the wrap) and for dinner was roasted chicken (pre-prepared from the grocery) w/ a sweet potato and asparagus. Do you guys feel like you''ve become a lot pickier about restaurant food? I didn''t use to feel like such a food critic, but since I''ve been counting my cals and all that I am a lot more aware of whether something is worth the splurge.
At the gym I just did 30 min of intervals running (I tried the intervals that Mara mentioned, which is pretty similar to what I usually do, but I often cycle thru 3 or 4 levels and it was nice to try something different). THen I did core for a while. I will do my body sculpting class tomorrow, traffic permitting!
I''m still not seeing much progress on the scale but I feel my upper body is a lot more toned. A lot of my clothes from last winter are loose, which is great! I have a long way to go though especially in the stomach and it is frustrating how very slow my progress is. I DID wear jeans today that used to be too small so that was great.
have a great night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my PS friends. I just got done grading papers and making my astronomy club newsletter so I thought I’d best check in on what’s happening with everyone before I get ready for bed. My right knee is really giving me fits; I can walk okay but bending it and getting up from a chair is not fun. Stupid knees. I think some of the exercises I started doing recently flaired it up. Rats.
Steph, I hope Andrew’s soccer practice is fun for him. Yay for buying size 4 skirts and for fitting in to your college clothing. That is awesome. I am excited to hear you lost ½ a pound. We’re both inching our way down, huh?
Lorelei, sorry to hear a new treddie won’t be in the works for you; maybe you can find one that uses your voltage. Our TM is covered with Christmas gifts right now so hubby has to wait until after Christmas to use it.
Kayak, I know what you mean that being sore makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something. It’s nice. 10 pounds lost is great and we’ll take it any way we can get it, right? I know my weight loss is slower now but I just keep focused on loosing one pound at a time.
Sharon, good luck with exercising your sore knee.
Mara, the turkey trot sounds fun and funny. It’s a great day for a nice long walk.
MrsSalvo, yay for making the sculpt class at the gym. It sounds like they will really workout your muscles.
Skippy, I am delighted to hear you are feeling better. Woo hoo for finishing your window treatment. I think I will try to sew after Christmas and we get our spare bedroom set up again. I eat around 1200 to 1400 calories a day (usually closer to 1200); I think it’s working for me. LOL.
DeeJay, yay for putting up the sign on your first listing. I hope you get time to workout tomorrow. My husband will watch almost any movie and once he starts it; he has to finish it. If something doesn’t catch my interest right away; I find something else to watch.
Kimi, I hope your headache is better soon. I bet bowling with the kiddos was entertaining today.
Rod, thanks for the yay on my weight loss, I weighed the same this morning but I’ll keep trying and checking. It sounds like you had a great workout tonight even though your time was shortened. Your soup sounds really good. Have fun at dinner tomorrow.
Monnie, sorry to hear about you coming down with something. Airborne really helps me. Get some extra sleep, have some chicken soup and hopefully all will the better. Ooh to ladies night on Thursday. I wish I lived close enough to come shopping. I’m already trying to figure out what I want to get for Christmas (we are going shopping next week).
TanDogMom, I’m glad to see you still have time for PS and us WWT’ers. I am definitely picky about eating out anymore. I want to know what I’m getting and yes I only want to splurge on something that is really worth it to me. Yay for fitting in to jeans that were too tight; that is always a nice treat. It sounds like working out is doing good things for your body. Woo hoo!
Well, take care and have a great Wednesday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gail, yay for intervals. i actually find that doing that makes the time go by faster on the machines too.

did my workout at the gym tonite, 25 minutes of intervals on the elliptical where i go from level 1 to 4 to 7 to 10, to 7, to 10, to 7 to 4, to 7 to 10, etc. usually a minute or two on each. and i raise and drop the incline as well to make it harder or easier. burned 250 cals in 25 min. then did about 20 minutes of leg weights and exercises.

dinner was a breast from a rotisserie chick i got from whole foods, green beans and some leftover pasta from sunday (split it with greg). dessert was some peppermint bark gelato from the weekend (got a pint to have all week!) and a bit of slow churned later hehe. then cutup zucchini, carrots, cabbage, onion, and mushrooms for a chicken soup tomorrow in the crockpot with the chickie carcass. yummy!

sounds like everyone had a great day, yay! happy wedupcoming all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Wednesday morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. Today is going to be quite busy for me. I am on a mission to organize closets for our pending move. It is still not 100% yet that we are moving, Adam has a choice since he will be working from home/traveling, but we are leaning toward a move back home to Atlanta because we would be back with family/friends and the cost of living is sooo much lower. We would be able to get a bigger house and our payments will go waaaayyyy down, so that is a huge incentive, although the beautiful weather and the beaches here are almost enough to make us want to stay! I am planning on working out today around the house. I have been doing the jump rope too because we have this big open space with tile in our house that is perfect for that. When I enter it into my computer, it actually says I burn more cals with jump rope than with running....it is nice to change up every once in a while. Then I am going to head out and take care of some of my Christmas shopping...I have a feeling it is about to get crazy around our house, so I want to try to get some of that taken care of early. Later tonight, Adam''s cousin is in town for business and we are going to pick her up and take her out to eat at our fav. sushi place
18.gif
, so I know at least I will eat healthy there....Rod and Mara, I asked for mine with brown rice last time and he looked very offended and said NO! That''s not authentic! I was like okay, sorry
23.gif
...I really do like it better with white anyway, so I''m not going to worry about it, I just eat 1 spicy tuna roll usually anyway.

Skippy, glad you are feeling better hun...hope your workout was okay after being sick, just take it easy girl! I can''t wait to see your window treatment...maybe I will hire you to make me some in our new house
2.gif
. Right now we live right outside of Ft. Lauderdale in a town called Weston.

Kayakqueen, how long have you been in So. Florida? Where did you move from?

DJ, the pasteries sound yummy....I always said if we won the lottery, I would go France and learn how to be a pastery chef. I love to bake, but it''s not good for the waistline and who wants to put all that effort in if you don''t get to enjoy it! But I''m sure you walked all the cals off anyway, so don''t feel bad!

Rod, you are too sweet. Yes, that is a recent picture taken about 2 months ago. I made my goal 70 pounds ago b/c that is what I weighed in college, however now I am back in my college clothes and I weigh 10 pounds more, but I think some of it has to do with having more muscle. I am just going to keep doing what I''m doing with eating healthy and working out and I guess my body will be where it needs to be and I won''t worry so much about the numbers. Oh, I know exactly what you mean about moving around the holidays....last year we sold our house in Atlanta, moved out on Dec. 22nd. Spent Christmas with our family, then came down to Ft. Lauderdale and moved in on the 27th. So we didn''t have a house to decorate or a tree of our own, kind of depressing, so I''m not looking forward to doing that again, but it might be what we have to do
8.gif

Monnie, hope your throat feels better...that''s a lot of calls!

TanDog, yea for the skinny jeans! I think that is a better indicator than the scale for sure!

Marcy, we are inching down, slow and steady wins the race! Hope your knee feels better.

Mara, we were on the same track today...I picked up a chicken at the store and am going to make chicken soup with the leftovers! We kind of get tired of eating it with the same veggies, so I tried to recreate this Latin meal that they serve here in South Florida. You shred up the chicken, make yellow rice and put it all in a whole wheat pita and we make a low fat version of this curry sauce to put in with it with low fat mayo, dijon mustard and curry powder...it is super yummy and super fast and something a little diff. from the norm.

Everyone have a great day!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe Rod, I am not a fan of John Boy Walton either, he is too wholesome and earnest for me!!
28.gif

Also he often irritates me while I am treddying, so I pull faces at him
20.gif
, make scathing remarks and generally give him a hard time, it makes my workout go faster.
25.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Weigh In Day. I was delighted to see the scale go down 8/10 of a pound so now I can say I’ve lost 134 pounds. Yippee! 41 more pounds sounds like a drop in the bucket compared to that.
Mara, your chicken sounds really good. I forget I can pick up something like that for supper. Sometimes we don’t know what we want to eat and I don’t have much at home that sounds appealing but that would be a great idea. Pick up some of the prepared mashed potatoes and some veggies and we’re good to go.
Steph, have fun organizing closets and Christmas shopping today. I’ve got most of my family shopping done, have a few things to pick up for my husband and we usually give my husband’s family money because they all live far away. It sounds like there are many advantages to moving to Atlanta. I am sure things will turn out the way they should for you. I am glad we are both still inching downward on the scale, slow and steady is working for us. Woo hoo.
Have a great day!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday all.

I still have a stinkin'' headache. It''s just so dry and icky here. It stinks. John is still sick, poor guy.

It''s weigh in day: 126.2. I''ve been eating a bit more than normal and I think it''s making a tiny different in my weight. Interesting.

I work today and we have a community meeting to go to tonight, we may just go grab pizza for dinner before heading over.

Marcy, so sorry your knees are hurting.

Mara, dinner sounded yummy.

Rod, sorry you''re working so much lately.

Gail, hooray for skinny jeans!

Have a good one, guys.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimmers, I hope you and J feel better soon!

comfort.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

I came, I saw, and I almost passed out.

Yesterday I went to the gym for my cardo “light” day. And set the elipical for 60 minutes. Just the day before I ran 5.5 miles in a little over an hour, so I assumed that I could do it again… not so much. I did get through 4 miles in the hour but I was very sick after leaving the gym. I think I worked myself too hard, too quick. I defiantly don’t want THAT to happen again. At least it taught me a good lesson. This healthy lifestyle that I’m getting into is not a sprint, it’s like a marathon. I’ll get far more results if I go to the gym on a steady consistent schedule… and feeling like I did last night does not give me motivation to do it all over again. I have to listen to my body more. I think this was a big wake up call.

Today I’m going back to the gym with 25 minutes of warm-up cardo and some weight training. Tomorrow is going to be a rest day. I’m having a friend over for dinner and making all new stuff. Starting off with a fresh onion dip with pita bread and for dinner Steak with Corn-and-Tomato Relish. I got the recipes from healthy living magazine. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes everyone!

Rod- Thanks for the kind words. I’ve defiantly (especially after yesterday) realized that loosing the weight shouldn’t be the first priority, getting healthy should be. Once I get healthy, the weight will reflect that. I wouldn’t want to jeopardize my health just to loose weight. How is the butter alternative that you mentioned? Does it taste good?

Monarch – I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. Sore throats are the worst. Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon.

TanDogMom- Congrats on the loose clothes!

MarcyC- I’m so sorry about your knees hurting. You’ve lost 134 pounds! What an awesome accomplishment! Good for you!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara- I think you are going to be my workout inspiration. I’m going to try to do intervals for a shorter time period and see how that works for me. I’m glad that it’s working so well for you.

Steph- I love the feeling after organizing a space. Looking around and seeing that everything is nice and tidy. Good luck today! I hear you on the cost of living down here. I owned a home in Tallahassee (where I lived before moving to South Florida) and it is so hard to go from that to living in a tiny little 1 bedroom apartment (that costs over 2 times what I was paying for my mortgage)

6.gif
I like all of the activities and culture down here but it’s really hard on the wallet. I’ve been living here for about 1.5 years. And depending on the job opportunities when my boyfriend gets out of law school, we will hopefully be moving in another 2 years or so. I like it down here for now, but I don’t think it’s what I want for the long haul.

Kimberly- Feel better!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Just doin'' a drive-by!

Go you guys!

face23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey jas, good to see you! hope you are doing well. sorry to hear you guys are still feeling gray, kimmie. steph, your dinner option sounds yummy.

kayak, definitely don't do too much too fast. i worked out about 3x a week and then slowly ratcheted it up to 5-6x a week over a few weeks. and now i do about 5x a week. you're sweet re: workout inspiration, the intervals are more inspiring to me too hehee.

i'm pretty sore today overall, did some abs last nite before bed (owie they were still sore from the manual resistance abs i did with the trainer on monday, by the way manual resistance stuff is GREAT for conditioning) so this morning i am really feeling things. i was going to work out tonite but now i am thinking i should take a break today and just relax. maybe a walk with greg and portia later. so we'll see. i have trainer again tomorrow and gym on friday.

did my measurements today after not doing them for a few weeks and pretty much the same. my waist shrunk a bit as did my hips and lower waist but minimal. i'm pretty stable right now i imagine, my weight is holding pretty steady, i have only gained about 1.5 scale lbs since starting the weight training 2+ months ago but look more toned so i would imagine i've gained some muscle and gotten rid of some fat. my trainer did my body fat mass test while i was there on monday but their computer was down so i don't know the results yet. i am dying to know though so hopefully she emails me today. here's my stats.

weight: 137
height: 5'7"
bicep: 10.5"
bust: 35ish
waist: 26.75"
lower waist: 33.75"
hip: 37.75"
thigh: 20.5"
calf: 13.25"

on a fun note, we are talking about going to italy in spring, maybe in april...so i am doing research on that. we have been talking about it for a while, but we can use miles to fly first class which would be divine, so that would be a huge savings for us (about $2500) so we'd just pay for lodging and food and all the activities, which would still be expensive but not AS expensive as with airfare! so assuming nothing changes for us, we might commit and get the tickets in another few weeks or so and just do it. i've never been to europe (i know, sacrilege!) so this would be so exciting for me and for us (greg has never been to italy). we chose italy because we have friends in london we will visit with for a few days then go spend 1.5 weeks in italy...so it's close by and everyone who knows me always says we must go to italy because i am such an absolute foodie. it's hilarious though because so many of my friends have gone for like 2-3 weeks and gained at LEAST 5 lbs. one friend was there for a month and gained 15! hahaha. so anyway, that'll be fun if we end up doing it.

happy wednesday all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, the last time I was in Italy I gained a pound a day!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KQ, I think that you hurled is DEFINITELY a wake up call that you did too much!!! I have read that some weightlifters feel that the occasional hurl is the sign of an extra good workout, but personally I think you need to listen to your body as you said. Also sometimes it can take time to get away from the " 10 pounds lost by yesterday" feelings, I know it took me years to adjust my thinking that it took me a while to gain the weight, so to allow myself time to lose it, enjoy the journey and make it as easy as possible so I could also have a life!!

I think of it now as a " job" along with any other aspect of caring for myself. I know if I eat carelessly for a long period and not work out, I will gain weight, so in order to keep my figure and maintain my health benefits, I will have to work at it for life. But I feel it is so worth it as I feel so much better in myself and about myself.

I hope my musings help some!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DJ it sounds more and more common that might be the case. considering that 1/2 of my ''italy'' notepad list is filled with ''top gelato'' places to visit... i would imagine that i might fall into the same bucket of weight gain. my friend who gained 15 lbs said she ate gelato 2x a day and supplemented many times with a mcflurry. i about died laughing. eating the best gelato in the world then throwing a mcflurry on top of it? the funny thing is that i don''t really love PASTA itself, so i would imagine that i''d like to eat more of the seafood and other things that are famous in certain areas, but the pastries and gelato will get me every time. hehee.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Mara
, Italy is a dream; wonderful! I was there almost 3 weeks and gained 10 lbs even though we walked and walked. Italian food is soooo different then American Italian. I ordered lasanga and was like where is the tons of cheese and meat and it varies by region too in Italy!! Their food is sooo fresh since they don't use preservatives, yum! I ate gelato every night! London is awesome too and very regal. You should go; this spring we are going to Barcelona and Paris. I never been to Barcelona so now I get to practice my bad Spanish, crossing my fingers you go. April is perfect for Italy!!!
36.gif
Where in Italy??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahahha -- I wouldn''t even let myself NEAR gelatto until the LAST NIGHT we were there. I just KNEW that would have been the end of me, on top of everything else I was eating!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 11:09:50 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hahahahha -- I wouldn''t even let myself NEAR gelatto until the LAST NIGHT we were there. I just KNEW that would have been the end of me, on top of everything else I was eating!
No, don''t tell me that! If I went again I would still eat it every night
3.gif
11.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Lorelei- Thanks so much for the advice! The "10 pounds lost by yesterday" feelings are defiantly something that I have been feeling. I''m a bit impatient so I have to change my mindset in regards to loosing weight. It''s not just a "let me work hard for a few weeks", it''s a whole lifestyle change!

Mara- I love, love, LOVE Italy. It''s one of my favorite places to go (second only to Prague... but I''m a little bias as I spent a summer in Prague and only a week in Italy) The food is amazing, the people are so kind, the food is amazing, there is so much history, the food is amazing... did I mention that the food is AMAZING!
9.gif
I’d suggest going to a small ma-and-pop type place off of the beaten path. You can''t loose with having that kind of Italian experience. Where are you planning on going in Italy?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Low amounts of exercise today did not seeem to both my knee; so I plan to kick it up a notch tomorrow. Gym next week for sure! Thanks for asking,.

Skippy--my DH really liked his trip; it was warm and some of the landscape pretty interesting. I kinda laughed when you asked if he liked "NM", b/c of course, to me, that mean Neiman Marcus!!

Gaining weight while in Italy?? I was there for two weeks and lost weight.......I am not fan of pasta.......

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, it has to be water. I was down to 144 on Monday, and up to 146 yesterday. So how do I know if I''m really losing or gaining weight? For the past 4 months, I saw a steady 1 lb drop every week when suddenly last week the scale numbers are all over the place.
14.gif
I did not cut down my water intake, in fact, after seeing the scale jump around, I increased my H20 intake just in case.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
HI EVERYONE! I''ve missed you all. I am back after a long hiatus. I didn''t have time to visit the thread when I was studying for a giant exam. But I looked at my tush in the mirror yesterday and said "UGGGGGH! What have I done?!" I have not been very smart about my eating habits. So now I''m back and looking forward to the motivation that this great family provides.

I''ll have to read up on everyone''s progress...I think I''ve missed a lot! Glad to see you are all doing well :)

I have joined a gym, New York Sports Club (way too expensive, but there aren''t a lot of better options), moved into a new apt with my fiance, and felt guilty about not going to the very expensive gym. Last night I did some situps and squats just to kickstart my "re-start." I''m going to restart my exercise regimen.

If my initial goal is weight-loss, what would you guys suggest for exercise? What has been effective for you when you all started on your weight-loss? Cardio 3x a week for 30 minutes at a time? I guess I would like to lose 10-15 pounds in the next few months.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ welcome back!

gals, we''re considering 3 days in London, then fly to Venice, stay there 2 days, then head to Tuscany/Florence for 4 days and end in Rome for 4 days, fly back from there.

DJ don''t know how you managed to avoid the gelato, i''m considering ONLY eating that while there. ''i''m on the gelato health plan''...hehe who needs solids?

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
all this gelato talk...the gelato in italy is indeed fabulous, and i ate it everyday when i was there as well!

i have had an uncontrolable eating disease yesterday and today...so much food! i''ve been at in chicago for meetings both days and just haven''t been able to resist the temptations. yuck. but i have vowed to get back to my healthy habits when i get home tonight and i will get in a good workout at african dance class tomorrow.

have a good one, all!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Just popped in to s;ay hello. I am glad everyone is doing well. Skippy, sweetheart, so glad you and hubby are over the nasty colds.

Rod: I love reading about you and Charlie.

Mara: When DH and I went to Germany and Austria, we could not stop eating their pastry. Even though we walked and walked, I still gained 8 crummy pounds. Their food was soooooooo good, especially their pork dishes. I love sauerkraut and I was in heaven in Germany!! Tee hee.

Anyway, once we were home, I lost the weight fast.

Mrs Salvo: So happy to hear you are having a little boy
36.gif

I still have a few more pounds I want to lose and I am working on it.

I will pop in again soon.

Love to all,
Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, you are so precious! You make me smile big every time I read your posts! You can lose those few lbs; you are doing great. Thanks for the good wishes!

Rod, enjoy your time tonight w/your friends! I love to catch up w/old friends; it totally feels like comfort food to me w/I catch up w/friends. hehe

Shortblonde, I love the gelato too! Are you still doing your dance class?

Mara, that is the perfect amount of time to see things. Florence was my favorite next Rome and last Venice. London is super super cool! Yay, sounds like a blast!

DeeJay, you made me laugh yesterday too about the walk and then you remembered you walked more before!

Monnie, take cold eeze, airborne, lots of fluids and sleep. Hope you feel better; I think it is that time of year for sure!

Gail, yay for interval running and wearing small jeans, whooo hooo!

Marcy, you should sew especially since you know how. I have to say I am a fan of basting and the size 10 presser foot to guide me. hehe Yay for staying healthy; you are a fighter and you are almost to your goal!!!

Steph, I bet it will be nice to go to Atlanta and the beach is only 6 hrs away. Enjoy your workout! They don't give sushi w/white rice where I live either, just the chicken; weird. I have never been to Florida. I am very curious what it looks like. Is it like So. Cal?

Lorelei, hehee to making faces at John Boy and getting a workout in!

Kimberly sorry about the headache, I use tylenol sinus to help. Sorry John is sick; it is that yucky time of year. Hope you too feel better and yeah for a weight loss and eating more.

Kayak, yay for a great workout!

Hey driveby Jas! We miss you and good to see ya!

Sharon, yay for low impact. Hope the knee continues to get better. Glad your hubby had a good trip; I was wondering if you would think of the other NM you little shopper. hehe Well, ABQ is different then where your hubby went; we are a little greener and as you head north it gets even greener.

Chrono, my scale gets that way too and it drives me NUTS. I try and weigh first thing in the morning; keep drinking water; Dr. Oz says it helps w/weight loss.

Hey Crown, yay for joining the gym!

I am going for a 3 mile walk now! Happy Hump day and I weigh the same.
41.gif
Muscle hour was great last night; the guy who usually teaches is gone. No one knows the reason just that he no longer is there. I really liked him but the instructor is into core and mixing things up so that is good. My arms are sore from these weird plank things and then doing this ball roll out for hamstrings.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a very cold walk. I needed long sleeves and long leggings. I think my walks will need to be earlier in the day.
emhot.gif
3 miles

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Grrr, I think I''ve caught whatever John has. It doesn''t help to spend my day with dirty boys who touch everything and then you. I still have a headache, and am wondering if the dry weather plus bad air condition (there is still smoke and ash in the air) aren''t helping. Anyways, we''re skipping the meeting tonight, J is cooking at home and we''re just going to lay low and try to get better.

Mara, Italy sounds amazing. It also sounds like you and Greg are getting on last shabang in before a kiddo comes along...
2.gif

Skip, how are those curtains coming?

Nice to see you, CJ. Mara has posted a lot of great tips on interval training lately, you should sort back through her posts for some great exercise recommendations.

I''m going to sit on th couch and veg.

Have a great night all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results