shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Sept till 16th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! QUick check in. Man, I am LOVING that fage! I don''t know why I like it so much! Have to go buy more today.
Last night we tried a different sushi place and I was really disappointed. (Rod, this is Sushi Thai in N Raleigh.) DH thought it was just OK. We will not be back! Kind of a bummer dinner. It was easy to eat light there, that;''s for sure. Afterwards, we enjoyed my favorite fall treat - tall skim pumpkin spice latte from starbucks, at 210 cals.

I was super sore from Thurs''s workout, but was planning to go to the gym anyway, but then it took 90 min to get home (usually 45) and that killed my gym time! So, I''m glad I rested up a bit and am planning a long run today. Will be going a new route where I don''t have it all mapped out, so I think I will just go by the time and take a relaxed pace. Will go at least 90 min, maybe 2 hrs. I''m going to do at least one half marathon this fall and need to get those long runs in!

The in laws will be here this afternoon til Monday so now I''m cleaning. CHecked out a few PS decorating threads for inspiration. We moved a few months ago, and are 95% unpacked but it''s not yet decorated or organized like I want. Just taking it a little bit at a time. Back to cleaning!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say I''m alive.

Everything is harder now that school has started again (duh, right). Over the summer I was working out 6 days a week, walking 6 plus miles or doing an hour Firm workout. Now I''m trying to work out after work, which doesn''t always work out. I''ve been averaging about 5 workouts a week, but they''ve been less intense than my summer workouts too.

That said, the scale was the lowest it''s ever been today (118 from 138), but my husband recently cast suspicion on our old-fashioned scale''s reliability (he thought it was much too low versus what he recently weighed at the doctor). So I''m going to buy a digital scale today, but I figure that whatever it says, I have lost 20 pounds, I just may weigh more than I''ve thought.

I attribute my recent weight loss after a plateau to not drinking this week. I had a bad experience with a martini last weekend and decided to give my body a rest. I didn''t drink in college, so I think that I went through the stupid "I should drink whenever possible" phase later than most people, and now I''m realizing that''s not the best plan. Alcohol was my one hold-out vice (a glass of wine each night), so I guess that not ingesting those calories this week may have kicked my metabolism into gear again.

We had a funny incident at work last week. We sit in a courtyard with concrete tables and benches for lunch, and somebody has been vandalizing them at night. First one bench was knocked over, then another, with the legs of the bench (basically a concrete block the size of a bread box) scattered fifteen feet away. We didn''t have enough places to sit, so I said, hmmm, I bet we can put this back together, and I carried the bench leg the fifteen feet back over. Everyone commented on my muscles popping out and how they didn''t think they could have lifted it. The old me couldn''t have done that, or at least, if she had, she would have been really sore afterwards.

I''m sorry to not have more time to catch up with everyone, but it''s errand time . . .

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! hope everyone is enjoying their saturday! we''re just having breakkie, yummy mixed cereal (added some pumpkin flax granola into mine this morning) and coffee. soon we''ll go for our hike..so hopefully my legs feel good. i am still kind of sore in the legs and quads but definitely much better and i think i''ll be more than fine for the hike. just gotta stretch out a bit. then i might try to get a mani pedi today as well before dinner.

good for you on getting out for your walk mrs salvo!! and yummy on the pumpkin spice latte, didn''t know they were out yet! pg, sorry to hear your workouts are not as intense as when you were off, hopefully the scale is not that much off. and lol re: being stronger...i have always been a really ''strong girl'' as people like to say so it never occurs to me that i can''t do something that a guy could. that''s probably how i hurt myself half the time!!

rod interesting on the job offer...the one thing i will say is that while i agree with not showing loyalty to a company that screwed you over after so many years .... that you should also really consider where you might go from here. is it just more money? better title? more responsibility? what''s appealing? more money is surely nice but as we both know, a good work environment can be just as valuable as the extra cash you get. so as you weigh the two positions, make sure to add in ALL the elements that might make you happy or sad somewhere. it''s nice to be wanted, but just think things over very carefully. also i know lately you have been saying you just want things to settle down and i know how much you like your routine. so making a job jump again to a new unknown environment and work position might not be that kind of settling down you were looking for? hehee. just some thoughts, knowing a little about you from what you put out here.

anyhow that''s it for me this morning. hope everyone has a wonderful day.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to report a great elliptical workout this morning...hooray!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all!

This morning I didn''t feel like a full blown gym workout but I agreed to do a showing for another agent at noon and the property was 1.3 miles from my house so I walked both ways. I never walk down that way either because when I do open houses there I have my big metal signs so I always drive, so that was kind of fun too. And I told the HH I would walk the pups in an hour or so while he goes to get his haircut.

The HH is cooking tonight, which is a good thing because I''ve been out with clients so many times lately, including last night, plus we''re going out with people again tomorrow night, that I need a lighter meal for a change.

On Thursday night I tried on a pair of Sesto Meucci (sp?) shoes at a local boutique shoe store that were hands down THE most comfortable shoes I''ve ever put on my feet. Of course they only had them starting in a 6 and I need a 5 if I can get it, or a 5-1/2 at the biggest, so I just found them on Zappos. For some reason they are $20/pair more on Zappos, but since there is no tax and shipping is free it works out to about the same as in the regular store so I ordered them. Great. Just quit my job and now I''m ordering shoes to the tune of $160/pair--and obviously I *needed* them in both black and brown... I hope this doesn''t become a trend!!

I have a sneaking suspicion of where my free weights might have gone when we cleaned out the coat closet last winter so I''m off to the garage to see what I can find. Wish me luck--the garage is SO full of stuff that I''ll be lucky if something doesn''t fall down off of one of the shelves and bonk me on the head!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay, the scale was right! We really are skinny! DH just thought he weighed in the high 170''s, but he really weighs 171, and I really weigh 119 (later in the day with clothes on and food in the belly).

I seem to recall that when I was a freshman in college and lost weight due to having no appetite when I thought my husband didn''t like me, I was 117 or 118, and I don''t think I was quite fully developed at 18, so I am really the smallest I''ve ever been.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The weather has been very fine these last few days that I have included a long walk outdoors with my usual stationary bike and weight routine. Today I walked to the library in very warm weather--an hour each way. I marvelled at the mountains--still some white caps!!--and the total hotties outdoors also exercising along the way. The scenary was marvellous!!!
3.gif
. I''ll do that walk again (plus another half) on Monday, when I pick my SUV up from servicing.

I have taken to eating Red River hot cereal again--like in my youth. I really enjoy hot cereal in the morning--and with some maple syrup it is devine. Altho I am surprised it doesn''t keep me "full" as long as I thought it would, I enjoy it nonetheless. Good change as I am always at a loss at what to eat in the morning.

Rod I can relate to your ''despair'' about your car--I was rather upset at an incident that occured on Tuesday. My DH spilled the entire contents of a bottle of orange garorade in our newish CLK500--on the cream carpet. Needless to say, it is permanent and even the professional dying recommended by the dealership did not cover the stain entirely. I know it is "just a car", but it is aggravating. I tend to be cautious, but my DH is not. Such is life.

I think we''ll enjoy a movie out tonight--and if I am not too full from dinner at the golf club, I plan on popcorn!
9.gif

Happy days folks!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your observations Mara. You have come to know me, perhaps too well over the last couple of years.......HAHA. I will look long and hard before I jump for sure. I do like my current work environment and the interns are fun. But, at the same time I have to take care of me and if the new opportunity could be a really good move for my career and income, I'd have to seriously consider it. Still, it won't be an easy decision and fortunately, there is no offer on the table, so Rod's not losing any valuable sleep over this. I'm fortunate to have a good job, as opposed to being in a desperate position of needing a job. And I think the new company realizes that.

Anyway, today was a very nice day. It was unseasonably hot in Tampa. And we had thunderstorms all afternoon. But, we got up and had our normal Saturday morning breafast on the terrace, then we drove to the jeweler (about 45 minutes away) to drop off our rings. Charlie bent his and that's why his blue diamond is lose. Mine is just going to be polished. Though they were stunned that my ring, which is platinum has so VERY few scratches, that they commented I couldn't wear it much. I laughed and said I wear it EVERY day, but am super super careful. I'm not just an Anal Car Momma, I'm an Anal Ring Momma too. That's how I landed on PS in the first place. LOL

Then we had lunch at a place called Fat Burger. I'm pretty sure they have them in California and they have the absolute best turkey burger. I had mine with swiss, lettuce, tomato, and mayo (but light on the mayo). Followed by a different Starbucks near Fat Burger, then to the gym for a good solid 2.5 hour workout. For dinner, we went to the same place we went last Saturday night, and we ate outside, but again it was just too warm for me and I was somewhat uncomfortable.

Tomorrow, we're doing our normal Sunday stuff. Probably will wash the cars somewhere in the mix.

Canuk, so sorry about the CLK500. If you're an Anal Car Momma like me, that stain will bother you forever. I made it through an entire day with no mishaps with my car, knock on wood!

Yay for being the smallest you've been Phoenix!!! I'm sure that's a great feeling for sure! Also, Yay on picking up the heavy outdoor piece and showing your coworkers your well developed muscles. It's amazing what working out can do for you. The other day we needed kitty litter and we buy these 25 pound bags of this litter made out or recyled newspaper (it's called Yesterday's News!) and we buy two bags at once. The cashier offered to help me carry the bags to my car, even though they have carts and I just picked up both 25 pound bags and took them to the car like they didn't weigh anything. I even surprised myself with that one!!

Just saw that you and hubby had Sushi last night Skippy. Had I known, I would have tipped my Sapporo to both of you!!

Gail I hope you had a great run. I'm looking forward to running again, WHEN it cools down enough to run outside!

Hope you found the weights DeeJay and good deal on walking too and from the showing. 2.6 miles is a good walk.

Glad you had a good run on the elliptical Kimberly. I did too. I think ellipticals are the greatest machines ever!! I got a really good one today. And when I get one I enjoy, I can push really hard without feeling like I'm fighting the thing!

Sleep well everyone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all! I had a super duper busy day. I met some coworkers for a get together on the other side of the mountains and one of my friends burned because she didn''t put sunscreen on. She is a redhead so I was surprised she didn''t automatically put it on in the morning like me. We had fun and one of my friends gave me a very beautiful plant which was super sweet! I also walked 4 miles this evening. Hubby went over to a friends house so I get the house to myself tonight, whoooo hooo!

Hubby and I are walking tomorrow and going to some science fair that my hubby is interested in so it might be interesting. Sweeet Dreams all
35.gif

Gail, fage is yummy! I love it w/raspberries. Have fun w/the in laws or should I say outlaws??
2.gif

Mara, I will go look for the GI list; thanks. Yay for a mani/pedi and a nice walk!

Kimi, glad the observation went well; I bet it was inspiring!! Hooray for your elliptical workout!

DeeJay, weeee for new shoes and 1 job!!! Great job walking to and fro the open house!

Sharon your weather sounds wonderful, sorry about the car. Enjoy your movie and dinner.

Rod, that is funny you are an anal ring daddy too. I thought of you today because I brought a lot of things w/me for the party on the other side of the mountains. Well my friend drove and as we said our good byes she kept handing me things I almost forgot in her car and one plant leaf fell off in the car and I didn''t notice it so she threw it away. Her car is spotless.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I found your good GI list; I read your posts so I guessed you posted it while I was on vacation and sure enough that is what happened. It was posted on 8/23/07 (Weekly Workout Thread 20th Aug 26th Aug) page 4 if anyone else is interested in reading about it.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blech, this has been such a non workout week for me, and quickie meals here and there period. I''ve managed to drop like 2 more lbs. this week but it is not because I''ve been eating perfectly and/or working out, I think! I think it has more to do with just not having time to snack or drink or whatever, I have been eating a bit here and ther when I can at work and coming home and being on the go still as far as keeping up with daily cleaning tasks and then falling into bed dead tired, no time to do anything but PS for a while with a glass of wine per night after or during a small dinner. not quite the way I expected to lose another couple lbs. but I guess I''ll take it!

Super challenge at work today: turns out one of the gals I work with smokes (sometimes, or so she says) and invited me to go out with her, knowing full well I had quit back in February! I said "no" and stuck to it for the first time in non-smoking life. I was so proud of myself...new environment, new co-workers, etc. Wowsers, I can actually say I''m a non-smoker now because today was proof-positive that I didn''t succumb to peer pressure about it! So pat me on the back I guess, what a wonderful feeling to not feel obliged to accomodate someone else''s yucko habit. I coudn''t come home and share this with DH as he is still smoking but I felt like sharing it here because some of you would understand!

DH and I went out for dinner at a local pub/restaurant tonight, I ordered a low-fat pizza, which was a thin crust with just a sprinkling of cheese and veggie toppings..I only had two small slices and one glass of merlot with it, so good...but I was an exexmplary gal and brought the rest home and placed it in the fridge as soon as I walked in the door so I wouldn''t be tempted later tonight. had one more glass of wine with hubby and am getting ready to go to bed.

Tomorrow I plan to take the dogs out for a longish walk in the forest preserve...if the weather cooperates, which it''s supposed to. It was beautiful here today although rather cool for this time of year. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, tomorrow is my Saturday and Mon. is my Sunday so I plan on sleeping just a bit later tomorrow and sleeping in completely on monday, can''t wait, lol!!!!
35.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Weekend, fellow WWT warriors (or worriers, which is the camp I tend to fall into).

Thank you all for your continued well-wishes. I had a great end-of-week with the kids, especially the seniors, who I am loving having in class. The kids have started making noise about wanting me to stay the whole year and not having Zippy the Pinhead return, which of course I tell them is not going to happen and that Zippy is a great teacher and they are lucky to get rid of me because I molt in the spring. Which is exactly what I would want a teacher to say about me if I were gone for three months. Except the molting part.

Zippy is crawling up my behind from his sabbatical...no, he''s not that long and slithery...he just emails me everyday, and if I don''t respond right away, I get another email saying DID YOU GET MY LAST EMAIL? It seems he also wants to make sure no one at school forgets him...he''s emailed a lot of people telling them to say hi to everyone for him. I feel kinda sorry for him...the school is all he has. This is what happens when there is no balance in life, I think.

So, anyway, eating has been pretty good the last day. Friday I ate light and fresh foods (mostly) because of the heavy comfort foods from the days before. Cottage cheese for breakky, Salad in a wrap with a little chicken for lunch, and some Thai food for dinner. I kept it heavy on the veggies, light on the sauce and am down .4 pounds, which is amazing considering the amount of salt I''ve eaten this week and TToM I''m dealing with. Ok, seriously, I''m almost 35 and I have a massive zit. Painful, too. So just draw a gigantic red dot on the picture in my avatar. Like a target covering my entire left cheek.
Where I have floundered this week is in exercising. I think, though I have my "school rhythm" down and I will be able to get back into the swing of things. I miss my Yoga Booty-ing. I''m shooting for 4 days a week, and no less than three.

Yesterday, DH and I had to go to his company picnic. He works from home, but his broker is out in the burbs (like 90 minutes away) and while I like the broker and his wife and most of the gang, some of the coworkers are, well, a little much. So I was nonplussed about losing basically an entire day to travel to and from and go to a picnic where I would have to wear my invincible grin of steel and make nice-nice when I could be home doing my own job so I could sit and veg and watch football on Sunday.

I know, I was being bratty. But I tried to keep that from DH because it''s not his fault and I didn''t want to stress him out.

The picnic was fine, I suppose, except it was all heavy heavy food. Brats, sausage, potato salad. I only ate a little and felt like poo the rest of the night. Then, once it got too cold to be outside, we all went in, and the host wanted us all to play charades (Guessturesm, actually, which is the Parker Brothers version of the game). Seriously...I''m not into party games. No one wanted to play, but because it was the boss...the discomfort factor was high. I, for some unknown reason, got very anxious about the whole thing. So, life lesson learned -- no charades unless your guests are charades kinda people. Or really drunk.

Oh, and life lesson #2 -- always have your party attitude. I was approached by several people at the party who started with, "Hi, JAS [we had name tags] how are you?"

To which I would respond, "I''m fine! How are you [insert name hastily read on nametag]?"

And I swear each and every time the answer was, "*Sigh* Not so good." And then they would continue on with a sob story about something or other. Like they just wanted to vent. Seriously, I am not Dr. Phil. I do not want to hear every minute detail of your life, especially if its tragic. Especially if I don''t know you. Because ya know what? Those people with real tragedy, real heart ache? They tend to cling to life and capture the gloriousness of it all. No whining to strangers.

Which, yes, I realize I am doing here. But I''m trying to at least be mildly entertaining.
11.gif

And grrrrrrr Rod about your car. I''m so sorry.

Congrats Mon on the not smoking! Sweet!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I am so completely and totally proud of you for turning down a cigarette break. I know how hard it can be, you handled yourself so well! I''m doing a happy dance in my chair for you.

Not sure what we''re up to today; definitely exercise, perhaps at the lake. I''ve got lots of school work to do, I want to get as much completed as possible so when we go to NY this week I''m not stuck in the hotel room writing papers.

Happy Sunday All!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So we ended up hiking around the lake and my pedometer sucks (lesson learned, spend a bit more $$ when you want something like that to work). It says I walked 1.3 miles...it''s more like 6. Too funny.

Now it''s time to focus on school, so glad I got out for a bit.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for not having a cigarette with your co-worker Monnie!!!!! I know from experience that quiting the evil weed is the hardest thing to do. It's now been two years for me and I still wake up and think how much I want a cigarette, then I realize that I quit like 2 years ago and lost all this weight and am in the best physical condition of my life and I know I can't have one. But the craving is still there. And when we go to Starbucks and we sit out under our oak tree, everyone it seems is lighting up and enjoying their smokes and while I would love to join them, I know I can not. I imagine this is like an alcoholic going to a bar and everyone around them is enjoying a drink, but they know they can not have even a sip. Anyway, I'm VERY proud of you and I know how hard it is. So does our dear friend Lorelie who quit smoking over a year ago now. It must be hard with HH still smoking? I can't imagine how it would be if Charlie smoked (he never did and absolutely hated that I did).

Skippy, funny story about your anal car friend. I know I take "anal" to a whole new level when it comes to a new car. I've always been anal when it came to my cars, but it's worse of course when they're new. I hope the party on the other side of the mountain was a lot of fun.

Jas, I so laughed about your picnic experience. While I'm sure it was annoying, it was funny that everyone wanted to be so honest about their messed up little lives. You must have that "Oh you can tell me how you're REALLY feeling" look on you. I don't have that look, but Charlie does and in just about every party we attend he winds up getting the oddest news from total strangers. Sometimes it's even X-Rated LOL. Anyway, you did a good deed for your husband and I'm proud of you!!

Kimberly, first are you anywhere near the fire raging out of control in San Diego? I saw it on the news and was worried about you and John. So please let us know you're not near harms way, OK? Sounds like a better pedometer should be in your future. There's a big difference between 1.3 and 6 miles. When I want to know how far I've run, or walked, I use my Polaris heart rate and satellite distance monitor. So far, it's been quite accurate.

Today was a really nice day. We had our normal breakfast on the terrace, but again it's unusually hot for mid September. It should be cooling a bit by now, and they say it will maybe a coupled degree's by mid week, but man, it's still really hot and sultry outside. We met a friend we hadn't seen since we left Tampa. She's such a sweet young lady and we bought some furniture from her when we were doing our condo and we just clicked. I'm not sure why, we're both old enough to be her father, but we really enjoy each other's company. Anwway, while we were in Raleigh, she took a job in Boca and had an awful experience and just moved back to Tampa too. So, it was fun to share horror stories of our jobs away from Tampa and how nice it is for us all to be back where we belong.

Then we made it to the gym for a nice 2 hour workout. It was getting later in the day and Charlie had me shave some time off my workout so we could go to the grocery store and get something for dinner. Neither of us was really very hungry, so we just wound up having a nice salad with chicken strips. It was simple and enjoyable. Now, we'll just settle in with the kitties for a relaxing evening at home. It's raining outside again (seems the rainy season doesn't want to end), and since both cars are clean, neither of us was willing to drive anywhere else for the night. Oh, the pitfalls of being an "anal car momma!!"

I hope everyone had a nice Sunday today!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rod, the fire is about 40 miles east of us, we''re doing just fine...you''re so sweet to ask! About 1,000 acres have burned so far. I keep telling you guys to stop hogging the rain!

Yes, I need a real pedometer, maybe I''ll ask for one for Christmas.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I haven''t done much today, just ran around doing shopping. We didn''t hike because hubby got in late last night so he slept late. I have no motivation for walking today so I am sure I will do better about it tomorrow. I wonder if it is because fall is around the corner? It was so easy to get out when it stayed bright till 8:30pm. I actually bought some lean meat for a beef stew I will make in the crock pot.

Jas and Rod, I am in good company w/Jas and Charlie. I always get the people who want to tell me their life story when I first meet them. Hubby is always shocked on how much people tell me; I guess I have that look *shrug*?!?! One holiday out at my in laws, my in laws neighbor gave me a house tour and told me about stuff she never told my mil. Also, my MIL never received the house tour so she thought that was funny the neighbor opened up to me. After that they teased me that people tell me too much. Hubby thinks it is because I look interested in people. People do have some interesting story''s; sorry they were Debbie Downer story''s Jas. That is no fun! I bet you are so adorable so they want to share. heeheee

Kimi, oh no about the fires. That is awful!!! I have been praying you guys get rain; that is horrible you don''t have any yet. Wowzers on the 6 mile hike!! I had a pricey pedometer and it counted a true mile as 3/4''s mile so I would like to know where to get an accurate pedometer
33.gif

Rod, that is no fun that it is hot. 2 hour workout, holy smokes that is awesome!

Monnie cheers to thinking of your health!!! I hope you slept well!

Marcy and Mara I am missing you two!!!

Happy Sunday all
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you guys are so good at working out I ended up feeling guilty about not working out so I went walking for 40 minutes. heeheee
yippee10.gif
You guys are good for me
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We had a great time camping. The heater is getting a little more heat up to our bedroom but Friday night was miserably cold for me again. I finally put on a knit hat and 2 more fleece blankets to make it through the night without freezing. Last night was much warmer so I wasn’t cold last night. I went for a couple of walks looking for deer but never got to see any. My husband went for a walk first thing this morning and saw quite a few of them. We drove in to a nearby town yesterday to pick up a few things for the trailer and we walked around several stores; I even bought some pj’s that fit me. I have been using old, baggy clothes but decided I wanted something that fit for a change.
So if Rod was a little piggy, and Mara is a oinker I guess that make me the 3rd little piggy. I sure ate more junk food this weekend than I have in a LONG time. Of course, I planned ahead and only took the low cal / low fat food so even though I ate more; it wasn’t absolutely horrid. A lot of it was salty though (baked lays, baked Tostitos, low fat snack mix) so I am sure I’ll be screaming when I get on the scale in the morning. I did walk a lot though this weekend so I hope that helps counter any extra calories. Meal wise I did fine on calories.
Skippy, too cute about “giggles”. That doesn’t surprise me bit. Thanks for kudos. I continue to be able to do more and more and certainly feel great all of which is still so amazing to me. That is wonderful your husband is helping on a HFH home. I can’t believe how early it is getting dark now. Your outing with your friends and coworkers sounds fun; that is really nice giving you a plant. Thanks for missing me; I missed you too. I am glad you went for a walk.
Kimberly, thanks for the kind words. I sure hope your cold goes away really soon. I am so excited to hear your scale read 126.8. That is exciting. Congratulations. Glad you and John aren’t near the fire. That is scary.
DeeJay, congratulations on a great 48 hours. October 12th will be here before you know it. I am glad to hear Demon and the puppy are doing better.
Mara, I was delighted to get our old trailer sold so quickly. I am so glad to hear your thighs seem to be thinner; results from all your aches and pains. Yeah! The place we camped this weekend is really remote with lots of trees so I had a lovely view on my walks this weekend. I enjoyed having nice scenery for a change. Your walks always sound so nice to me.
Lorelei, sorry to hear your treadmill is still on the fritz; but that’s wonderful to get great customer service from a company. I hope it gets fixed for you real soon.
Shortblonde, your new dance class sounds fun and high energy. A win-win situation for you.
Rod, I can’t believe you’ve had 3 issues already with your new car. Now you’ve got all the initial issues out of the way and you can just focus on cruising around looking cool in your BMW. I am glad to hear about how well the ding came out; we have one on our car that we want to get fixed. It’s about ¾ inch. That is awesome to hear the other company came looking for you with a sweet offer; I hope it works out for you in whatever way you decide is best for you. I am glad Charlie didn’t loose his diamond; it will be tough being without your rings for a week though. I am an anal ring momma too. Since I didn’t take any jewelry cleaner with me camping I soaked my jewelry from the weekend in boiling water/windex then used the steam cleaner on them. I need to get some jewelry cleaner in the trailer!
MrsSalvo, I like the fall weather too. Your morning walk sounds wonderful.
Gail, I need to clean my house too. Send some cleaning dust my way; no wait – that’s what I’m trying to get rid of. We’ve worked on the new trailer so much the house has been sorely neglected for a few weeks. My DH is leaving on a business trip in the morning so I plan on cleaning this week while he’s gone. Have fun on your new route for running.
PhoenixGirl, that’s wonderful to hear you reached an all time low and for loosing 20 pounds. It sounds like you are still getting in plenty of workouts in spite of being so busy with school starting again. Yeah for your new muscles.
Sharon, your walk sounds great. Enjoy the movie and popcorn. Sorry to hear about the car.
Monarch, congratulations on loosing 2 more pounds. Yeah for passing up having a cigarette. Have fun on your nature reserve walk and enjoy your weekend.
Jas, that is an awesome compliment by the kids they want to keep you instead of have Zippy return. They obviously have great taste! It sounds like you were popular at the picnic; there are some people I have learned to never ask them “how are you?”. I am like you, Charlie and Skippy, I get people’s life stories all the time; especially my students. People in the astronomy club really talk to me as well. I am always polite but sometimes there are just things I don’t want to know.

Well, I must get some homework graded, file my and paint my nails, help hubby pack, finish last minute laundry hubby decided just now he needs for his trip, go over my notes for class tomorrow and make it to bed in about an hour and a half. Do you think I''ll make it? Not likely! I can always sleep at work tomorrow. LOL!

Take care and have a great Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results