shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 10th Sept till 16th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/10/2007 11:26:54 AM
Author: Skippy123
Lorelei, glad you are feeling better about yourself; you sound healthy, kudos!!! How is your new horse? Change for those pics now the rain is gone? ETA: Horse poop. hehehe
face20.gif

Kimi, dang, that is awful the rain has been gone so long. I hope you feel better.

Jeff, enjoy karate chopping things. hehee

Marcy, that picture of the lake is pretty but geez that is almost freezing! Glad you bought those fleece! I got allergy shots as a kid for 4 years stopped as a teen and then started back up at age 23. So since age 23 I have been getting shots for almost 9 yrs!! I might have to give up taking the Zyrtec; it is making me flakey. hehehe I was grouchy w/hubby because I was so sleepy. I think I will try for a week and then give up if it doesn''t get better. How long were you on shots; do you feel they are helping you? I guess allergies are bad here and people who never got shots before are starting them.

Rod, I am so sorry you have a mirgraine! Can you go home? I hate migraines; I got one about 3 weeks ago and my medicine stopped working in the past year so I can no longer stop them cold in their tracks. I hope you feel better soon. I really feel for you since they are so painfull.
15.gif
Try massaging your scalp and neck if you can.

Gail, welcome to the TJ club!!!! You will love it. Make sure you put 2 packets of splenda in there if you never had it before but taste first you might like it w/o.

Tonight is my walk
9.gif
Yay for a new week!
Hi Skippy,

You are too funny
9.gif

Did you know that Bob Barker (formerly from The Price is Right) is a huge believer in karate and that''s how he stays fit?
Although I''ve never done karate...I''m into Brazilian Small Circle Jujitsu. Currently learning Muay Thai..the #1 martial art sport in Thailand.

There is a well known NY diamond dealer who practices martial arts and boxing like me. We sometimes talk "shop."

Keep on TRACKin everyone
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, Skippy, we most definitely have our routines. Sometimes I think we should shake things up more, but I like our life and find it comforting to know where we''re headed on what day. I guess it comes with becoming older. The sunset sounded glorious, btw. It really sounds like the type of sunsets we have most every summer night in Florida because of all the clouds left over from the later afternoon thunderstorms.

tdiddy, I am a bit obsessive about my cars. That''s just me. I actually wish I wasn''t so obsessive. It would make life so much easier, but it''s who I am and at 52 years old, ''ol Rod ''aint likely gonna change.......LOL

Kimberly, Volvo''s are great cars. I just read that they''re coming out with the S30, which is basically the S40 only a little shorter. It looks really nice.

Monnie, Mara''s out on business and won''t be back till Tuesday night from what I remember. But, you''re right, go away for even a few hours and someone''s "moved someone''s cheese" for sure (book reference of "Who Moved My Cheese?" A business book that was popular a few years ago).

Sleep well everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I laugh because I am a huge routine girl myself; my hubby gets after me because he wants me to mix things up when it comes to where we eat but I think when you find a good place why not stick w/it. Wow, that is awesome you have those sunsets too, whoo hoo!!! Sounds beautiful in Tampa.

Jeff, I was only teasing. Actually I use to do a lot of work for this one partner and he taught martial arts; I am pretty sure it was Jujutsu. He said it was mental and you have to be very disciplined; we travelled together so I learned a little bit about it so that is awesome you are doing that!!! Sounds like a great workout too for sure.
9.gif

Tdiddy, wow 10 miles; awesome!!!!
36.gif

Kimberly, which walk did you do a year or two ago in San Diego??? I was reading Monarch's Who's Who and noticed you did a walk too. I think that would be awesome. We don't have super long walks in NM
15.gif
like the Avon walk.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, shopping for a new car sounds fun. My husband is 6’4” so it’s hard to find cars he fits in too. I love the VW Beetles and Minis. We have an Audi A6 and my husband has plenty of room in it.
Kimberly, I agree people do run to the doctor for sneezing. I don’t go to the doctor until I’m nearly dead then it’s a struggle getting me there. At least I won’t get a stern “we need to do something about your weight and your blood pressure” anymore. Being hungry is a good sign you are on the road to recovery.
Skippy, the sunset sounds beautiful! I am glad you were out enjoying it. I have a hard time as a supervisor; I am a perfectionist too and I guess I struggle with people not thinking the same way I do. I want to do everything as good as I can, as fast as I can and not everyone thinks that way. I guess I need to be a kinder and gentler supervisor.
Tdiddy, wow for doing your 10 mile run through Cincinnati. That is awesome.
MB, I am always excited to find someone in the jewelry or diamond business. They probably get bored talking or should I say listening to me. Ha Ha.
Rod, I am in awe of you being able to see glorious sunsets almost every night. That is something I will always go see is a sunrise and sunset.
Rod and Skippy, I also am very comfortable sticking to my routines.
Take care everyone and have a great Tuesday.
Marcy

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Group hug!

Grrr...I''m feeling bloaty and still hovering at about .5 from my HIGH (which, granted, is where I''ve been hovering for about a year, give or take 2 pounds.) A lot of that is because I''m not sleeping well, because my other habits haven''t changed, eating or exercise wise. Ok, well, I haven''t done my cardio this week, and it''s TOtM, but seriously, I can now almost guess my weight to the .2 pound BEFORE I get on the scale, and I''m just feeling like a gigantic sea hag right now. Too bad there isn''t a sea hag emoticon.

Ok, boohoo, ''nuff with the pity party.

Rod, I am on pins and needles regarding your car (you get it back tonight, yes?)

And the final report on the Penne with Spinach Sauce -- it apparently is supposed to make like 4-6 servings. Right...DH and I ate the whole thing. Not because there wasn''t a lot. It is KILLER good. (He ate about 2/3 of it...) the whole wheat pasta was a good choice and quite frankly, there is very little cheese in the whole thing. We threw in a little chicken for some protein.
36.gif

The giant sea hag (me -- because apparently now I''m talking about myself in 3rd person) is struggling to get through one day at a time at new work. I''ve figured out it''s essentially drawing from the same pool of kids/teachers as my old school, so the issues are similar. Staff is out and out mean (as in, when I told my best friend about what happened at work today, she literally gasped), with some notable exceptions. I hate mean people.

Sorry, the pity party restarted there.

I need to really exercise after work today...so please send some PS WWT vibes that I have the energy to do so...your vibes are powerful.

Yikes...what a poopyhead I am right now. Mayhaps I need to get the Midol.
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
jas get up and move tonight, any way you can...it will be so good for you to relieve some stress.

Skippy, I walked in the San Diego 2006 Breast Cancer 3 Day sponsered by Susan G. Komen with a team of 6 women, some of whom I used to work with, and their friends. We completed just under 60 miles in three days. It was truly an experience of a lifetime. I intend to walk again, this time with my mom and John. I''m not sure if it will be in 2008 or 2009, it depends on what happens with my getting a permanent teaching position, I don''t want to start a new job and be taking time off in the first 2 months. There are some pictures about it around here somewhere.

Marcy, I hope my post didn''t come across as harsh. It''s one of my pet peeves that every time I cough my mom says "go to the doctor." She''s smart enough to know that even if they gave me meds they can''t do anything. And people so often insist on antibiotics for viruses which only lowers their immunity, and can''t cure anything but bacterial infections.

I didn''t get a sub job today, so I''ll be home working on school. That means a workout! We''re going to see a speaker tonight at Borders for school and probably out to dinner.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Sushi- That's pretty much what I thought. I had miso soup- so yummy, and then some tuna and I thinks salmon rolls and that was it. No tempura or anything fried. A lot of edamame though, which isn't bad but lots of salt. I did use the lower sodium soy sauce, so I guess it was a pretty good meal!

France- Chargergirl, I am so jealous! Love France- I studied there in college. Unlike Rod- I did gain about 10-15 pounds, despite the walking everywhere! I didn't really eat much cheese before that trip- we ate lots and lots of cheese, and nutella & banana crepes, yum!!!

So this week I will be out of town starting tomorrow, and there will be lots of eating and drinking. I am just hoping to maintain, then next week focus on losing again. I am planning on eating as much protein and veggies as I can at every occasion, and limiting the alchohol and drink lots of water.

If I don't get to check in, hope everyone has a lovely and healthy and diet-successful week!

ETA: Jas- Girl, you need something different going on! Sounds like too much stress and unhappiness all in one place, you are going to get sick if you have to endure this indefinitely! Sending you energy vibes, and change in attitude or circumstance vibes! Have you tried yoga?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Kimberly, I just saw your pics!!! That is amazing! Thanks for the info.

Jas, I am always up for a group hug. My friends and family know I am such a hugger. hehee Sending good positive vibes your way for exercise and other good things. It is my TOM; I was ready to cry on Sunday and then yesterday I figured out why I was so weepy.

Marcy, hope your day goes better today!!!

Chinacat, can I go w/you to eat sushi?
2.gif
3.gif
Sounds like you will be having a yummy meal today.

Mara if you see this your WW buddy's miss you!!!! DeeJay, did you sleep well last night; I was hoping you had a restful night and Dino is better. Linda W, I am missing your cute pad!!!

Today is my muscle hour class and I get to see an old friend/coworker who is in that class. Also, my cousin brought over about 30 books for my nephew so I am going to go over and take the books so I get to see Mr. Cutie Pie today!!! He loves books so I am sure I will end up reading a few before I say good bye to him. heeheee

Have a Healthy and Fantastic Tuesday Friends.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, I''m back. Well ok, I didn''t really GO anywhere except off the wagon. For the last week or so.
31.gif

But the good news is that I only gained a lb. over my low and I attribute that to the fact that we crazily decided to get ANOTHER dog last week (rescue and he needed a home, we agreed to foster, and he was too cute not to keep), welcome home naughy things with FI, and the fact that I have still been seeing my trainer. Oh well, sometimes you just fall off. At least my wedding dress fits and that is all that matters right now with a month left to go.

I''m back on this week and trying to reign in my eating. Now that FI is back he buys all kinds of bad things at the store, I need to remember to go by MYSELF next week, hehe.

I have been following the thread and I hope everyone has a great week. Jas, you deserve some B&J ice cream after the week you''ve had. I hope you got to go get it. Just hang in there...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi all!! just checking in briefly from my conference, today''s the last day so just catching up on work a bit. sounds like everyone is doing well ...yay!!

as is typical for business events, they are feeding us sooo much food. the lunch and dinner was very healthy light california fare like salad with grilled veggies, fresh tuna, mozz and tomato salad, a really good filet with veggies for dinner, but then there are all these desserts and the breakfast is like all pastries, though they did have granola with milk, so i mixed granola in with my plain oatmeal. but i''ve had dessert with the last 2 meals and a pretzel yest afternoon, and a poppyseed muffin this morning with oatmeal...hehee. i figure 1.5 days won''t kill me hehee. but yeah i will be glad to get home and back on routine for sure. i managed to walk a mile yesterday from my hotel to the other hotel, but today i couldn''t because i had my luggage with me. but the hotels are right on the water, across the street literally from the ocean and beach...so it was a nice walk last nite and now this morning in the breakfast room in the hotel we are sitting with the breeze washing over us and looking out on the palm trees and ocean. so at least getting a bit of pleasure visuals out of it!! this afternoon have a few hours to kill before the airport trip so i think i might go downtown and do some shopping with one of the gals here before we take off.

monnie, just skimmed but saw your Q''s about the mini. we love love love ours. seriously. it''s the most fun car ever to drive. i would recommended getting a loaded version like ours because it has all the bells and whistles so you don''t want for anything, and the sport version for sure because it''s the most peppy and fast!!! greg is 6 feet and he fits perfectly fine in the car, he always comments on how much room he has and he actually looks kind of small visually in it, it''s kind of funny. i look REALLY small in it and i am not a small girl at 5''7" yanno. hehee. not like i''m 5''2" or anything. and yes it has the BMW engine and the same service and all that, so we feel really confident with it being a good car. and it fits anywhere, i love how small it is, and it''s fast and fun to drive. however since it is a sporty car, it''s a bumpy ride, it''s not a cush big sedan kind of ride feel. it''s more fun and sporty like maybe a convertible car would be. i am used to it but i know sometimes passengers are like wow this is kind of choppy. so def test drive it and check it out. but we don''t regret it a bit and for as snappily as we made a decision we are so happy with it...greg was even saying like last week how glad he was that we did the new car and got this one. worked out perfectly.

hope that helps somewhat!! rod you crack me up with wiping down your wheels and stuff daily, too funny! i just skimmed the rest of the posts but anyway hope everyone is doing well, miss you guys (and my routine!) as well but i''ll be back this evening and back into the ''groove''...yay!!! tomorrow i see my trainer again too, yikes. my butt is still recovering hehee.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hello again all!

Exercised this morning, YAY! We''re going to a book thing tonight, out to dinner first. There''s a new restaurant we want to try, a hamburger joint, should be fun.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We missed you too Mara and NF!!
35.gif
BTW I did some weights last night and my arms are still pumped
23.gif
Hubby is snickering...
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi all, i''ve been reading this thread, just not posting much over here b/c my morning sickness has been so bad i haven''t been working out or even really walking
38.gif
. the goodnews is i am finally feeling somewhat back to normal and hit the gym yesterday for a ride on the elliptical. today i decided that i need to get back into spinning. i did it religiously during my first two pregnancies and had very quick recovery''s, plus it''s a great activity when pregnant keeping the extra weight off the knees and not much chance of falling or hurting yourself. So, i thought the class was 45 minutes but noooo they went just a little over an hour. at about 50 min. i asked the instructor how long we were going to go b/c my bum was getting sore. the workout was great though and even with the saddle soreness i''m going to try to go back on thursday...

Rod, did you get your baby back? i''m sure she is good as new...

hope everyone else is having a happy tuesday...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your morning sickness, MrsS. Good for you for heading to the gym today, you''re my hero!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Pals, I just go back from the gym. Today something weird happened to me; I drank 3 diet sodas and felt shakey. I think I am going to cut out the sodas or only have one a day. Happen to anyone else? I had a good muscle hour class and my friend asked me to some Country concert tomorrow night (I think Trisha Yearwood) since she has nice seats. I said sure; it might be fun
9.gif
(I am not a big country fan but my friend is a sweetie).

I read so many books to my little nephew today; he is so cute. He kept handing me books to read; kids are like sponges; I love it!!!

Mrs. S, whooo hooo on doing an hour of spin, that is for sure killer!!!

Hey Mara, glad you will be coming home soon.

Kimberly, great job on working out today!

Nice to see you back Neatfreak!

Lorelei, whooo hooo on lifting weights. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow.

Jas, hope you had a better day and got a workout in!!!! I sent workout thoughts.

Sweet Rod, how is your baby? I bet jaw dropping gorgeous!!!

Marcy, hope your day was terrific!!!

Sweet dreams sweetest friends!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for nice wishes for my baby's safe return (now there's a sentence that if anyone was reading this thread for the first time and didn't know I was referring to my BMW, they'd be thinking our child was abducted or something), but alas, they said the car won't be ready until tomorrow. Bummer. The bumper was being painted this afternoon, then they bake them in an oven, just like a new car's paint is baked at the factory. So, I'll get it tomorrow - Fingers Crossed!

It was such a busy day today. So, this is the first chance I've had to check in. I'm sorry for your morning sickness Mrssalvo. I hope that goes away soon and you start enjoying things again.

Marcy, you struck me as a routine gal too!!

Jas, I'm so sorry you work with mean people. That is just awful. I had a mean boss in Raleigh and it was one of the contributing reasons I felt I could not stay in that job or town. Sometimes, it's not a good thing to stay in a job where you're unhappy. Both Mara and I went through similar situations in the last 6 or so months and I realized in large part thanks to Mara, that life's too short to be miserable. Maybe you should think long and hard about whether this situation can be salvaged and if not, if you might want to look at getting out of dodge. Anyway, I am sorry you are unhappy.

Kimberly, hope you enjoyed your workout today!! Mom's are like that you know. It's their job. Now, go to the Doctor!! LOL

Skippy, throw out all your diet sodas. Right now. That stuff is just plain bad for you. I figure if a beverage can strip the acid off a battery cable in your engine, just imagine what it can do to your stomach. Water. That's the beverage to drink before and during a workout.

We had a good workout at the gym tonight. I must admit though that I kind of lost steam half way through my 35 intense minutes on the elliptical. The gym was so crowdd tonight. And all the GOOD ellipticals were taken, so I had to use one nobody else wanted to use and for good reason. It's torture. No matter what I did, I couldn't get over 85 RPM and about halfway through I just got plum pooped and frustrated. But I kept going and my legs are actually sore. This machine has such resistance that it makes it not a fun experience. I don't mind being challenged, but this machine is beyond a challenge. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow night, I'll get "my" machine.

That's about all I have to report. I hope everyone had a great Tuesday and is looking forward to a great Wednesday!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I say "boo" to soft drinks...I have a diet coke on occasion when my taste buds are craving the fizz/taste of it, but other than that I try to drink lots of water and have officially weaned myself off even coffee after a short 2 week stint to get back into getting up early in the morning with starting the new job. Caffeine is not horrible for you in moderation, but the additives in sodas are blech for your body...even clear caffeine free diet sodas can eat away at the enamel of your teeth, and like Rod says, if Coke will eat a battery I don''t even want to know what it does to your insides, lol! I''ve had the "shaky" experience before, though, when I drank more than my sometimes standard 1 cup of coffee in the a.m....not a fun 15 minutes of feeling like I was sky-high and nervous and then the wave of nausea hit, ew.

Today was another good day of eating healthy, standard options for breakfast and lunch, and dinner was very light because my teeth are a bit sore from yesterday''s orthodontic adjustment. I (silly) tried to eat a few soy/flaxseed spicy tortilla chips with my spanish lentils and veggies TJ''s dinner, and ummm, ended up soaking the chips in the broth to soften them up enough to chew them, lol!

No workout today, didn''t get up quite early enough and didn''t get home until later than expected due to a few last minute customers at work. (Which was fine, helped a guy start a 10th wedding anniversary project 3 minutes before we were going to lock the door!)
9.gif
It''s a little chilly here tonight and that sent me straight into cuddling-with-dogs-and-DH on couch mode after dinner! I can''t start letting that happen, though, I really have to motivate myself to keep up with working out through fall and winter so I don''t slip into my usual fall season issue of feeling like a sluggish couch potato and go into hibernation mode. That''s half the reason I''m participating in this thread, because I always end up gaining weight in the winter!

Mara, hope you''re doing well...thanks for the quick info on the Mini love! I am seriously looking into them, and will heed your advice on the loaded sport model for sure if that''s what I end up going with.

Rod, one more day...jeez you must be going crazy without your baby Bimmer, lol! Can''t blame you one little bit, though, that thing is gorgeous and deserves to feel appreciated and loved!

Jas your giant sea hag talk is cracking me up, we all know you''re no giant sea hag so stop being so hard on yourself! Sounds like you''re getting enough of that at work, so be kind to yourself and know that you''re doing the best you can. I just adore reading your posts here, though, they are just too funny!

Skippy, enjoy the visit with your nephew, sounds like fun! I love little kids in moderation, they''re better when they''re related to me, hee hee.

Neatfreak, welcome back to the wagon, lol! And yeah, don''t let the FI come to the store with you, DH gets me in all kinds of trouble if we shop together! Doesn''t help that he''s always hungry and has no clue of kitchen inventory anyway, he comes home with more stuff we already have 10 of every time he shops by himself, it''s a frenzy of throw whatever looks good in the cart and don''t worry about the fact that our storage space is non existent, LOL!

Kimberly, hope your evening was fun, the Borders speaker sounds interesting...let us know how dinner was!

Lorelei too bad your arms are sore, but at least that means you got a great workout!

Mrs. S, sorry to hear of the a.m. sickness, I hope it goes away soon for you. You are an awesome mom and mommy to be for continuing to take such good care of your physical fitness and overall health!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
Well I was excited to start the day with the scale giving me another pound. Now I am minus 122 pounds. I went to dinner tonight with some people who hadn’t seen me yet and they were pretty stunned. I splurged at dinner and had a glass of wine, but my dinner wasn’t bad I had ½ of a small filet, ½ of a baked potato lightly buttered and 3 bites of my husband’s cheesecake. I am also a cheap drunk these days. The vendor that was taking us out for dinner had to tell everyone about my comment to him a few weeks ago about how I lost weight. I told him my husband said I had to pick – either food or jewelry. He knows us both well enough to know how funny that line truly is. I would give up food for new jewels and my husband would never say such a thing to me.
Jas, I don’t know what happened at work today but I am sending billions of WWT PS’s good vibes and well wishes your way. I am so sorry you have to deal with mean people. There is simply no call EVER to be that mean. Do one of your exercise videos and work out some frustrations!
Kimberly, no worries; I was in total agreement with you. I had a lady working for me one time who spent more time at the doctor’s office than at work and it was generally for very minor aches and pains. I hope you enjoyed the speaker at Borders and a nice dinner.
ChinaCat, I hope you have fun on your trip and good luck on the eating and drinking. I had a glass of wine with dinner tonight which I usually dont; but I laughed so much though that it had to burn off some calories.
Skippy, my day was much better, thank you. I am delighted to hear you got to take some books to your cute nephew. I wish my little nephews lived closer. I am sure he loves his aunt Skippy. Did your sodas have caffeine in them? That sure buzzes me anymore.
Neatfreak; that is wonderful your wedding dress fits and I am sure the next month will fly by for you. Good idea to go grocery shopping by yourself.
Mara, the view from your hotel sounds incredible. Enjoy the ocean for me.
Lorelei, I am glad you did some weights last night. It sounds like your husband is like mine; he likes to tease me and give me a hard time. Naturally I would NEVER dish it right back at him. Tee hee.
MrsSalvo, ditto to what Kimberly said. I hope your morning sickness starts to subside soon.
Rod, I am sorry you have to be without your baby for one more day. It sounds like they are taking good care of your car though and have it all fixed up will be worth the wait. Yes, I am very much a routine gal; sometimes it drives my husband crazy but he likes knowing how I am always going to act or react. I hope you do get your machine at the gym tomorrow.
Monarch, you are pretty clever to figure out how to eat chips with your braces. How fun for you getting to help customers pick out special presents like for a 10th anniversary.
Well, take care and I''ll see you tomorrow. Sleep well and I hope your dreams are filled with diamonds, sapphires and rubies Oh My!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the well wishes everyone. it''s so funny b/c i actually feel pretty good in the mornings, it''s not until late afternoon that my morning sickness kicks in and i spend the rest of the afternoon and evening miserable. only 2 more weeks in this trimester though and it''s supposed to go away...whew...

skippy, i still drink pop. i just love it, i did try to cut cokes but do drink them when we go out for pizza or something. I don''t smoke or drink so that really is my only vice. I don''t like diet drinks though so when i do drink them it''s the real thing. I do limit myself to just one a day though if I can. I love sweet tea and although there is sugar and caffeine there are other benefits to it so i try to drink that more often. the folks are right though, water is best, i just wanted you to know you''re not alone in your softdrink habit..

Rod, fingers crossed the car is ready today..

Hi Marcy...

jas, sorry your work has mean people. i don''t like mean people either

kim, yay for a workout yesterday, although i''m sure you would have loved to be teaching somewhere..

chinacat, good luck staying on track this week..

neatfreak, i bet you lose that lb very quickly..

mara, i think it''s so cool you''re working with a training. after i have this baby i want to higher one to really get me back into shape. i just love feeling a little sore, makes me feel like i really did work those muscles...

monnie, so what idea''s were you giving the last minute 10 anniversay guy?

have a great day everyone!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsSalvo, I hope the sickness wears off for you!

I have a sore shoulder after doing the butterflies ( I think that is what they are called) where you pull the weight handles towards you. I only did 10 pounds weights to begin with but obviously that was enough...OW!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Mara, hope you''re home safe and sound.

Rod, hope your car is soon to be home safe and sound.

Skip, the concert should be fun, even if it''s not someone you love. Hope you enjoy!

Monnie, the speaker was Danica McKellar/Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. She''s put out a book to help demystify math for adolescent girls called Math Doesn''t Suck. I didn''t gain much from listening to her speak, but I did help a friend out who wanted a signed copy for her daughter as a birthday present. It was so funny, when I walked up and asked her to sign it "Happy Birthday, Kelley" she said "Is this for you? How sweet!" and I was thinking: did you look at me I''m a 30 year old woman, why would I spend my birthday purchasing an adolescents'' book and waiting in line for you to sign it? So I explained it was for a friends'' daughter who was turning 12; she writes, "Happy Birthday Kelley! Smart is sexy, Danica." Um, did I misspeak or did you misunderstand me? I said 12 year old, not 20 year old, she''s not supposed to be thinking about being sexy, she''s still supposed to be cute! The book itself is really interesting, I thumbed through it last night; it appears to have lots of good pointers written sorta like a teen magazine to garner the interest of a teenager.

So I ate 1/2 of a cheeseburger last night and about 1/3 of the bun and too much of a frings basket. It was my splurge night and it had been a week since we''d gone out to dinner so I don''t feel terribly guilty.

I promised IG I''d join her on Weigh In Wed. so I will even though I''d prefer not to after eating such a big dinner. The number for this week is 127.8, which isn''t terrible considering dinner last night and that I''m premenstrual, but I really want to lose those lame 2 lbs. I have no clue where they came from and why they won''t go away. GRR! I may have to start counting cals again when we get back from NY in a few weeks just to pull in the reigns a bit. Where are you IG?

Anyways, gotta get ready for work.

Happy day all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! Here are my Wednesday Weigh In stats:

Before Weight: 320+ lbs Current Weight: 198.4 Total Loss: 122 pounds

Before Measurements: 54", 52", 64" (guessing on all) Current: 41", 37", 47"

State of Mind and Body? Vastly improved.
1.gif

MrsSalvo, I am relieved to hear your afternoon sickness will go away after the first trimester. I also love coke and have it with pizza or tacos; other than that I can usually leave it alone.

Lorelei, I hope your arms feel better soon.

Have a great day, one and all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 8:59:51 AM
Author: marcyc

Before Measurements: 54'', 52'', 64'' (guessing on all) Current: 41'', 37'', 47''

1.gif

MrsSalvo, I am relieved to hear your afternoon sickness will go away after the first trimester. I also love coke and have it with pizza or tacos; other than that I can usually leave it alone.

Marcy, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I am continiously amazed by your accomplishments! I didn''t do measurements...oops! I''d be late if I did them now, I''ll remember next time.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 9:05:50 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 9/12/2007 8:59:51 AM
Author: marcyc

Before Measurements: 54'', 52'', 64'' (guessing on all) Current: 41'', 37'', 47''

1.gif

Marcy, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
My thoughts exactly!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! i''m back home, happy as a clam. slept so well last nite and even slept in an extra 45 min this morning...figured i deserved it. now eating cereal and strawberries for breakkie. traveling so often has made me really appreciate my routine a little more. though i''m sure i will be bored in another 2 months after being home more. haha.

my eating has been hit or miss on the trip. well lets rephrase that. my EATING has been fine. my DESSERTING has been miss. hehee. i made great choices for things like lunch and dinner but the cookies and sweets that were everywhere def found their sneaky way into my unsuspecting tummy. hehe. but now i''m back home and doing the right thing. dinner last nite was fresh chicken burritos from that fave place we like. cilantro rice, whole beans, wheat tortilla, grilled chicken, cheese and salsa. picked off like 3/4 of the tortilla and ate the rest. funny thing was i SWEAR i was hungry like 2 hours later. either my body is crazy or my mind is or both. but it was bedtime anyway so we just went to bed...i wasn''t about to eat anything else!

the trip itself was great, it was a conference for this new program we are about to launch and this company hosts about 800 of it''s top clients kind of thing. the funniest thing is that i used to manage this program at my old company (with evil boss), and my 2nd replacement and the VP of marketing were there. the VP they brought in right as i was leaving the co, and the 2nd replacement is not the girl who replaced me because she left after evil boss made her insane as well...this is her replacement. now evil boss is gone as well, about 2 months now. so anyway i kept seeing the VP all around the conf since 800 is not that large, and we had all these events...then i saw them at the airport and the SB airport is TINY so i figured i''d say hi since i knew they''d be on my flight. turns out he really didn''t remember me because we only overlapped for about a week and we didn''t speak really at all while he was there that first week because i was just trying to lay low and get out of there. i could have talked to him and told him the deal but turns out he really already knew. so i spent a bunch of time talking to them in the airport and then on the flight the gal and i sat together and we talked about how crazy the old boss was (and how this gal knew she was leaving when they hired her and that the one week she spent with her was barely tolerable!) and also talked about their program and the challenges i had with it that she is facing etc. and the VP told me if i left my current company to give him a call. which is flattering but NO THANKS. hahah...not going back there again, even without evil boss, the company has some challenges ahead of them as a small startup in a really competitive industry. but i appreciated his gesture. i still keep in touch with a few gals there that i was friendly with so i do hear the ''gossip'' so it''ll be funny to tell one of my friends there that we reconnected and all that. and the stories they told me too, hehee..wow! that woman was really a piece of work. now she is off terrorizing some other unsuspecting place.

so anyway jas that leads me into what rod said which is, working in a bad situation like that really sucks, it mentally drains you and is not good for your health either. i think i was getting an ulcer working there. and it doesn''t HAVE To be like that. so i hope your situation improves and if it doesn''t, that you find a way to get out of there and into a better situation. going to work should not be torture, the fact that you spend so much time at the office or in the class or whatever with these people, it should be at least tolerable if not likeable or loveable. good luck and hang in there. and your sea hag comments made me laugh, i hear ya on feeling that way, some days i just feel like a massive balloon hippo...floating from place to place. maybe get a mani pedi or a massage this wkd and do a little spoilage on yourself.

rod, hope you get your car back soon!! we just washed the Mini this wkd and i was so anal about cleaning every little thing on it. but it sure does look purty now.
mrs salvo sorry to hear you''re having sickness, that''s no fun, just take care of yourself! and a PT sounds great for AB (after baby...hehe).
marcy, big congrats woman on your fabulous weight loss, keep it up!! you do so wonderfully.
kim, your stats are still great, those 2 lbs will come off soon, just keep at it. i have said this before but really it''s like 80 or 90% diet for me on weight and all that. i like to think that walking those extra 2 miles one day will do something and it probably does, for my muscles, but not for my weight really. it''s mostly what i eat that dictates what the scale and tape reads and how i look. i''m finally just accepting that.
monnie, keep me posted on car developments hehee.

anyhow that''s all i have time for now...gotta get ready and head into work. i have my training session tonite, a little apprehensive about being so sore again but hopefully it won''t be as bad. i walked a lot on my travels. hope they don''t want to weigh me though, after my trip gorgefest and flying with all that water retention, who knows what it''ll say today. hehee.

i''m so happy it''s wednesday at least...just a few more days til the wkd!! we all deserve it too. happy wed all.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
ugh. i went to baseball game last night, which was really fun, but i had a really unhealthy dinner while i was there - beer, pizza, and few nachos. it tasted good at the time, but i am paying for it now - my stomach has been all topsy-turvy since midnight last night. yuck. i guess my body really isn''t used to so much grease anymore and is having a rough time with it. i ate my lunch a little while ago and really wish i hadn''t cause my stomach is doing backflips right now. hopefully it will calm down soon and i''ll be able to focus on my work.

i''ll try to check in later to catch up on how everyone''s doing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs. Salvo, Monarch and Rod telling me about sodas. I think I will drink 1 soda a day until they are gone and I won't buy more. Right now I am making suntea thanks to Mrs. Salvo's suggestion! I love tea and make it from time to time. I love hot tea in the winter. Rod, scared me
32.gif
about it cleaning acid off a battery, yikes!!!

Tonight is the concert so we are going to dinner w/my parents since they are going to Seattle for 2 weeks. Then I will meet up w/my friend for the concert. I am such an old lady, I am wondering how late I will be up???
20.gif
heeeheee

Nothing exciting weight wise; stayed the same. I weigh in tomorrow at WW so I will let you know.

Rod, hope you get your baby today. heee heee

Yay sweet Marcy for such an accomplishment!!! Very exciting!!!

Mara, glad you are back to a routine.

Monnie, I read you WW thread and you are going to say shut up, but my guy pals in college called me "giggles." Crazy!!!!

Shortblond, I hope your tummy recovers soon.

Happy Hump Day!!!
10.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hiya

just a quick check in. i''m not feeling so good today- something''s up with the tummy, and i haven''t had the stomach (sorry for the pun) for food since yesterday afternoon. ugh thinking of having some soup soon as i really should try to eat something. i know that i shouldn''t be thinking about cals/fat grams/sodium, but i can''t help it. any suggestions for healthy canned soups?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick check-in before we head to the gym. Charger, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Feel better soon!

I got my baby back. I can't say enough good words about the terrific job the body shop did on my car. There's absolutely no way to tell anything was done to my bumper. They did it the right way, but taking if off the car, sanding it down, filling in the crease, sanding that smooth, painting it in a proper paint facility, clearcoating it after painting, baking it in a curing oven at 145 degree's for 4 hours, then buffing it to a factory smooth finish. It's as if nothing every happened. Rod the "anal car momma" is pleased!

I'll check in again after our workout tonight. I hope your having a great afternoon.

Skippy, I didn't mean to scare you, but I haven't had a softdrink in over 2 years now and the sooner you go off that stuff, you'll be glad you did.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results