shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paz, my mom has had her migraine for..you know, I don't even remember now. 30 or so *years*. 24/7. The Dr at the Mayo clinic asked her what was her concern, she said her head hurts all the time. His diagnosis was "your head hurts b/c you have migraines" :rolleyes: Nobody's ever been able to find an answer for her. I've never had them for longer than a week. What helped me was getting off Nuvaring. I did three months after the ring, on regular birth control pills and still had migraines but they were at least 50% reduced in duration and frequency. To go from 10-15 days a month of wondering if a persons head could really explode down to 5-7 days was wonderful--and now that I've been off hormonal bc for three months, I've had..one, maybe two total, migraines in the last three months. I'm not sure if you're even *on* birth control of any sort, but it's something to check into anyway..hormones can really eff a person up.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo...I have had some pretty serious migraines in the past. My longest was over thirty days, it spiked, took away my peripheral vision and slurred my speech. That is when I ended up in the ER. When they connected me to my IV, there was a pretty powerful antipsychotic in there for nausea, it began to help right away. It was called Compazine. I think the reason why the Compazine worked is because it knocked me out.

The ONLY medication that has ever stopped a migraine for me once it has started is called Midrin. It is not commonly used and I have no idea why because it works. Maybe you can ask your doctor for it and tell them that you know a fellow prolonged migraine sufferer that is resistant to pain meds and this works for her.

I really AM resistant to pain meds and all meds for that matter. This resistance runs through my family. I have so many freaky incidences that sound so unbelievable thanks to this resistance. Hopefully you will find relief.

The trick with migraines is prevention. The topamax does help keep them away, but it does come with its own set of side effects. They call it the supermodel drug, you will lose weight, but you will be dumb! Sigh.

I also use Imitrex but you have to take it the moment you feel symptoms of a migraine or it won't work. Sometimes, even when you take it "in time," it still doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, Deejay and Paz, I had migranes at least 15 days per month from the time I was 32. Nothing really helped and the doctors felt they were dive to hormones. Once I got thru menopause it went down to 2 or 3 per month. Occasionally I will have a month where I only have one.

Deejay, I wish I had known about magnesium. It would have certainly been worth a try.

Paz, I feel so bad for you. What you are going thru is horrible.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1437770177|3907040 said:
I'm going thru chemo and I feel like crap. Just awful. Its4:30in the afternoon and I want to go to bed for the night. I'm too tired to even read.

Amber...I'm so sorry you are having to deal with the side effects of chemo. Take it easy on yourself and get plenty of rest.
Lots of healthy, healing vibes.

tyty

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Pretty sure my dad is having an affair. Not on my mom (she passed away years ago) but on the lady he's been living with for 10+ years. This poor woman is over 60, just finished a battle with breast cancer in October, and supports my dad. Because he's never had an actual job and has ALWAYS been supported by various women over the decades. He left his email open on DH's computer, and it had an email open from eHarmony saying he has more matches.

I'm not going to say anything to anybody, it's not my business. Just venting. He mostly ignored her breast cancer, barely mentioned it in 1 email, most correspondence was about him and his life. I just feel sorry for this lady, that my dad is all she's getting out of this life.

He's such a slime ball. :rolleyes:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1438187647|3908687 said:
Pretty sure my dad is having an affair. Not on my mom (she passed away years ago) but on the lady he's been living with for 10+ years. This poor woman is over 60, just finished a battle with breast cancer in October, and supports my dad. Because he's never had an actual job and has ALWAYS been supported by various women over the decades. He left his email open on DH's computer, and it had an email open from eHarmony saying he has more matches.

I'm not going to say anything to anybody, it's not my business. Just venting. He mostly ignored her breast cancer, barely mentioned it in 1 email, most correspondence was about him and his life. I just feel sorry for this lady, that my dad is all she's getting out of this life.

He's such a slime ball. :rolleyes:

Ilander, I'm so sorry. Don't know what else to say. so sorry.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILander, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Ilander was it in his junk folder, cause I get those also, never been on e-harmony or any other dating sites, but stil they send e-mails stating there is more matches for me I delete without opening lol Hope this is also the case for him.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pushed myself REALLY hard this summer in order to get my house ready to sell. My dad and I painted the exterior of the house ourselves in 100-degree heat. I painted the interior of the house myself. I spent weeks doing all kinds of odd jobs getting this house showroom ready. Every single day I worked and worked myself to the point to where I hurt. It paid off in the sense that the house is gorgeous...but...

Here come the mental health symptoms... fight or flight is on like no one's business: I can't stand to have anyone touch me because my skin feels electric. My sense of smell is so strong that it magnifies everything and normal, everyday smells nauseate me. I am on edge and having trouble talking to people with love and respect. I am apologizing all of the time. Horrible memories are flooding my mind. I can't sleep and when I do, ideas are flooding me, bad dreams, good dreams. My mind runs so fast that it almost feels like I am psychic. I find myself getting caught in a rush of speech that is so fast, so out of control, that by the time I realize I am in it...I am embarrassed...hello hypomania.

crap

Everyone says, "i would be stressed out too!" but i HATE the way my body processes stress. I want to be able to handle stress! I want to be normal! I want to just be stressed and tired and worn out and not lose my sh!t. I want to go through life and experience stress and not have to take ultra sedating-tranquilize a horse-type meds in order to get back to normal.

There is my vent. I know life can be so much worse. I have a lot of really great blessings. Today, I just feal weak.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^House Cat, I empathize and sympathize with you, my body doesn't handle stress well either, it has been a problem for me my whole life and now that I'm older it's even worse. It is a constant struggle and makes life much more difficult than it has to be - and it's a struggle that a lot of people don't really understand - just wanted to let you know I do. ((((hugs))))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So there's a new guy at work and he's killing us all but especially me right now (I am part of a dispatch team for electrical and gas faults and emergencies). Now look, I'm a fisherman and understand that tall tales can have a place in entertainment where the truth is slightly forgotten - but this is a whole new level. People at work have made reference to a 'BS-meter' where staff give a rating out of 10 on how far-fetched what he is saying is. This wouldn't be an issue usually as there's multiple people on and we run 24/7 so you're not always working with the guy or have multiple people in the office. However I managed to pull the short straw and have been stuck with him the last 4 graveyard shifts, on my own without another person in the office but him. My brain is fried and my eyeballs are floating in verbal sewerage. You seriously wouldn't believe the list of stuff that he has told us...

As terrible as this sounds, I have my fingers crossed that some idiot rams their car into a power pole. I don't want them to be hurt, just stuff up the power so I can do something other than have to talk to this guy!! :roll:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1438280242|3909095 said:
So there's a new guy at work and he's killing us all but especially me right now (I am part of a dispatch team for electrical and gas faults and emergencies). Now look, I'm a fisherman and understand that tall tales can have a place in entertainment where the truth is slightly forgotten - but this is a whole new level. People at work have made reference to a 'BS-meter' where staff give a rating out of 10 on how far-fetched what he is saying is. This wouldn't be an issue usually as there's multiple people on and we run 24/7 so you're not always working with the guy or have multiple people in the office. However I managed to pull the short straw and have been stuck with him the last 4 graveyard shifts, on my own without another person in the office but him. My brain is fried and my eyeballs are floating in verbal sewerage. You seriously wouldn't believe the list of stuff that he has told us...

As terrible as this sounds, I have my fingers crossed that some idiot rams their car into a power pole. I don't want them to be hurt, just stuff up the power so I can do something other than have to talk to this guy!! :roll:

Then talk to him--not about his stories but about his responsibilities. He is accountable as are you. That is what leadership is about. Be a mentor, "obviously" he is looking for one. :))

cheers--Sharon

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat|1438272481|3909047 said:
I have pushed myself REALLY hard this summer in order to get my house ready to sell. My dad and I painted the exterior of the house ourselves in 100-degree heat. I painted the interior of the house myself. I spent weeks doing all kinds of odd jobs getting this house showroom ready. Every single day I worked and worked myself to the point to where I hurt. It paid off in the sense that the house is gorgeous...but...

Here come the mental health symptoms... fight or flight is on like no one's business: I can't stand to have anyone touch me because my skin feels electric. My sense of smell is so strong that it magnifies everything and normal, everyday smells nauseate me. I am on edge and having trouble talking to people with love and respect. I am apologizing all of the time. Horrible memories are flooding my mind. I can't sleep and when I do, ideas are flooding me, bad dreams, good dreams. My mind runs so fast that it almost feels like I am psychic. I find myself getting caught in a rush of speech that is so fast, so out of control, that by the time I realize I am in it...I am embarrassed...hello hypomania.

crap

Everyone says, "i would be stressed out too!" but i HATE the way my body processes stress. I want to be able to handle stress! I want to be normal! I want to just be stressed and tired and worn out and not lose my sh!t. I want to go through life and experience stress and not have to take ultra sedating-tranquilize a horse-type meds in order to get back to normal.

There is my vent. I know life can be so much worse. I have a lot of really great blessings. Today, I just feal weak.

Big hugs to you {{{ }}}

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

crap

Its going to be okay. Get some sustained hard exercise to get your body tired. Listen to some John kabat zinn on Amazon to settle your mind. Its going to be okay.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1438291817|3909174 said:

crap

Its going to be okay. Get some sustained hard exercise to get your body tired. Listen to some John kabat zinn on Amazon to settle your mind. Its going to be okay.

Agree with azstonie! Hard 1.5-2 hour workout, till your body is screaming at you. So your mind isn't allowed to focus on anything except getting your muscles to obey. And then let it go. Please know that his comes from a person who needs to train for and run marathons to quiet the demons. I've run six and have more planned so trust me. I know crazy. I live it, and live with it daily. Good luck!! You're not alone!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1438298437|3909228 said:

crap

Agree with azstonie! Hard 1.5-2 hour workout, till your body is screaming at you. So your mind isn't allowed to focus on anything except getting your muscles to obey. And then let it go. Please know that his comes from a person who needs to train for and run marathons to quiet the demons. I've run six and have more planned so trust me. I know crazy. I live it, and live with it daily. Good luck!! You're not alone!

Or try HEATED YOGA. It will leave you limp as a rag and you will be crying for a nap.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I seriously think I'm going to scream, or get a divorce, or both.

And I know I'm overreacting.

DH used to be a vegetarian. When this was going on, he ate out for every single meal. He was $60,000 in debt and made a lot of money so it made no sense. When he moved in with me I started handling groceries and cooking every meal so he could aggressively pay back that money. And he did. The problem was that I didn't have time to make 2 meals so I just ate his vegetarian food. I was so incredibly sick. Like go to the ER sick on a daily basis.

Turns out I have colitis and I can't eat high fiber.

We compromised and DH agreed to start eating eggs and fish. I'm not talking every night, just a few nights per week so I could keep myself in remission.

In the meantime he decided to be gluten free and completely cut out carbs.

So that cut more staples out of our meal rotation.

Tonight he just announced that after 5 years he can't deal with our diet anymore and needs to be vegan.

I cried, and yelled at him, and called him names.

I told him he has to shop for himself, plan meals, and cook everything because I'm done bending over backwards to accommodate him. Plus I have a medical condition that specifically excludes soy, beans, lentils, and raw veggies.

I'm not working all day and coming home to prepare two single serving meals.

I'm so done with everything.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgrl, I have a wide circle of acquaintances and NONE of them are a short order cook for a spouse.
If my DH likes what I'm eating, he has some. If not, he prepares his own food to his taste. Because he has good manners, he offers me some.

He is not your child, he is your DH.

I don't write that in a mean tone, but the weight of it all is too much for ANY one.

I have yet to meet a man who will go to bed hungry!!!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1438309467|3909298 said:
Chemgrl, I have a wide circle of acquaintances and NONE of them are a short order cook for a spouse.
If my DH likes what I'm eating, he has some. If not, he prepares his own food to his taste. Because he has good manners, he offers me some.

He is not your child, he is your DH.

I don't write that in a mean tone, but the weight of it all is too much for ANY one.

I have yet to meet a man who will go to bed hungry!!!!

Exactly, not a short order cook.

He says he will handle his own food, but I don't trust that. I said OK, I'll share my grocery list on our calendar app and asked him to add his stuff and we can shop together. Nope, he plans to make an individual grocery trip for each meal.

This is going to get expensive.

When we met he didn't have a fridge because it broke and he didn't have food in it anyway so he didn't bother replacing it. He was 27, so an adult.

I spend time trying to keep our expenses at a reasonable level so this is really messing with my ocd.

Eta: he does most of the cleaning so it's not like I'm taking on the classic women's roles. He vacuumes and cleans toilets and does the dishes every night. I get groceries and make dinner since his track record in that department is pretty terrible.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl -- how about a shopping trip together and the 're meals together one day a week. Planning for the week is easy when you get sad to it. Do a couple of main dishes each and prep stuff for a couple of others (cut veggies, mix what you can, etc). Then you aren't doing single servings.
Can always do stuff that can have shared side dishes.

I know a couple who does this and love it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1438303952|3909269 said:

crap

Or try HEATED YOGA. It will leave you limp as a rag and you will be crying for a nap.

Yes, I do that too! Bikram yoga. You lose about 3 pounds in sweat and leave feeling cleansed and exhausted. You'll just need to get over the excess of everyone dripping pools of sweat in a 103-107 degree room. Believe it or not, I LOVE it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1438321528|3909335 said:
Chemgirl -- how about a shopping trip together and the 're meals together one day a week. Planning for the week is easy when you get sad to it. Do a couple of main dishes each and prep stuff for a couple of others (cut veggies, mix what you can, etc). Then you aren't doing single servings.
Can always do stuff that can have shared side dishes.

I know a couple who does this and love it.

Chemgirl, I am in complete agreement with Kristie and TooPatient. Your dh has to take an active role in preparing his meals. You are not his servant. My dh and I do not eat the same food much/most of the time and what we do is what TooPatient has described. We shop together and then my dh cooks for the week and I do my part too despite not being a cook. I soak and cook my own beans and my dh grills my veggies for the week and I prepare a fresh salad for us every night. And it works for us and we have meals prepared for the week for the most part so when we get home from work it doesn't take long or much effort at all to make dinner for the 2 of us though we are eating different meals.

LLJsmom said:
Amber St. Clare|1438303952|3909269 said:

crap

Yes, I do that too! Bikram yoga. You lose about 3 pounds in sweat and leave feeling cleansed and exhausted. You'll just need to get over the excess of everyone dripping pools of sweat in a 103-107 degree room. Believe it or not, I LOVE it.

Housecat, I totally agree with Kristie (again haha) and LLJsmom. Exercise is our savior. It quiets the mind and activates all those good feeling endorphins and better allows us to handle stress and process worrisome thoughts. Find an aerobic activity you LOVE doing and you will stick with it. If you can do it on a consistent basis it will become a habit and that much easier to make time for each day. I do my workouts early morning before the day begins to get it in when I can without any other life distractions and I never skip workout unless I have a fever or an emergency. Make it a priority and do it every day and you will feel better emotionally and physically for it. I also love Pilates for calming the mind and making the body feel better. Sending you good thoughts and lots of hugs!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
By light of day this is all a lot less annoying.

You're right, as much as he's resisting, we should shop together and plan our own meals.

I think a big part of this is that I try to make vegetarian food and it's never appreciated. Like a quinoa salad will be good once, but then a month later it's "salad isn't a valid dinner option". He mentioned Indian food last night and I laughed out loud. My aunt is Indian and taught me how to make loads of veggie stuff. I used to make it a few times per month until he commented that " rice is horrible for you" so I stopped.

It's being a vegetarian and then not really liking to est beans, lentils are weird, salads aren't real meals, no sugars (including fruit) and no carbs period. So what the heck does he plan on eating?

Also laughed at buying local only. We live in Canada. Good luck finding local in the winter. There are some greenhouses, but not nearly enough local produce available to make it your entire diet.

He also sprung this on me after a grocery trip where I bought eggs and fish. He was with me and didn't comment until after we were home. I had literally just finished making Zucchini mini quiches for our breakfasts for the next few days and marinating some scallops for dinner tonight. He was in the room the entire time and didn't say anything until I was finished. Like what the crazy?

He did apologize this morning and said he would take more responsibility for his own food.

We'll see what happened since last time he was veggie he ate out for every meal because "cooking and meal planning is hard".

Gah!

Eta: I know that people can be vegetarian and be healthy. This is more extreme.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl...I use my grocery app (Out of Milk) to plan my meals. I added pretty much every meal that I cook. They
all start with "A-" like "A-Cobb Salad". That way each week I can pick my meals from history (because it's hard to think of what
to cook). All I have to do is type in A- and the big long list of meals pops up. I then set up the 7 meals I want for the week
(in my grocery list under a "Dinner" Category) then add all the ingredients I need for those meals.

I'm wondering if you could come up with a few meals that you can eat some of his vegan food (that doesnt mess with your stomach)
and add some kind of protein/meat to it and he can eat some of your meals that are the vegan part.

Perhaps you/he could come up with a list of meals that integrate your two eating styles and put them in the computer so you
dont have to keep coming up with stuff.

The other system I try to follow to make planning a little easier is that each week I try to do...

- a pasta main dish (red clam sauce...let him take his portion then add the clams in at the end for your portion)
- a main salad dinner (you put your meat on, he adds his tofu or whatever he likes on salads?)
- a meal on a bun (hamburger, meatball sub, Black bean burgers, salmon burgers, portabello burger?)
- a seafood meal (shrimp on the grill, fish tacos, baked salmon)
- a crockpot meal (works for 2 nights plus leftovers to freeze)

If you are not using some sort of system to make planning easier, I would definitely recommend it. 2 people working and doing
meals is soooo difficult.

btw - your Dh sounds like my kids. One day a meal is deemed "good" to eat but 2 weeks later the same meal is no longer
edible. :angryfire:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chemgirl- This would make me nuts. :(

This sounds like a guy that has no clue how hard you're working for your lives together.

So give him a food allowance and leave it there. He feeds himself or too bad.

If he really thinks he was doing better with this before he met you, point out to him that NOOOO he was not.

Then leave him to it. You're not his mommy, go have a nice piece of fish. Why are You responsible for His eating? He needs to grow out of that idea.

And the way he is ignoring your health needs is stunningly thoughtless.

Sorry, I'm being harsh because you touched a nerve with me. :)

I've noticed this with my DS and his wife; neither of them can feed themselves. Honestly! I worked full time since DS was a baby and I always managed to come home and make a full family dinner almost every single stinking night. Not gourmet, but a protein, veggies or fruit, a starch, all balanced, filling meals. These two can't get it together to feed themselves so they eat out a LOT and complain that they don't have any money. I shudder to think how much money they're burned through in 5 years! I modeled how to work and cook for all those years, but apparently DS managed to ignore every bit of it. :rolleyes:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Received an unprompted "I was wrong. I appreciate everything you do for me" text.

Guessing he had to make lunch today and realized that it takes too much effort to feed yourself :roll:

Eta: I like your approach Islander. He can eat what i make, or fend for himself.

Tonight I am making grilled scallops and stuffed peppers for two because I started the prep last night before his revelation. We'll see if he eats any. Three of the mini quiches are missing so I think he's already cracked.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl - what I focused on was not the food aspects of your meal planning struggles, but the passive-aggressive way he's communicating his dislikes to you. Just reading your brief description brought to mind a punching bag, with you living in fear of the next verbal jab. (I'm sorry if I'm being melodramatic. I just finished a good novel that had me thinking in metaphors.) Anyhow, I hope for your sake that the passive-aggressive BS doesn't spill over into other aspects of your relationship.

BTW the SO in my life is was a vegetarian for many years and became a vegan about five years ago. I have to say that he's great about taking responsibility for his own meal planning and doesn't gripe about limited choices when he dines at someone else's house or we're out together... nor about what I choose to eat. I do get to hear about most every news story related to the mistreatment of farm animals or the dangers of mass produced meat but I don't mind that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We closed on the sale of our apartment yesterday :appl: I lost my job today. :errrr:

Did I have to be a wise ass yesterday when we got the checks and joke, now I don't have to work for a year?

My friend told me my boss cried when she told her that I was let go. She htold her she ad never had a call like that, where I asked to send her a document I had been working on, told her I understand business decisions are business decisions, and and thanked her for my tenure at the company. I guess people in the past went ape $hit.

Three people were let go today, one from each group because it was three bad quarters in a row. They usually wait till October/November to make cuts so it must be bad...

One developer I spoke with said that he and his teammate are beyond disappointed. He said I was one of the few who genuinely cared about the projects, the clients, and fostered a team environment.

There are two other people in my group... One is a senior in title and also does some work for sales group. He also drinks with the GM when they get together. The other person, my girl friend, has been with the company in its many lifetimes for 25 years and is the only one that handles a certain type of client, also I have always suspected that she commands a lower salary due to staying with the same company for so long and the lower cost of living where she is located. Me, I'm last in with al,out two years under the belt...first out... ;(

I feel ashamed and embarrassed, regardless.

I spent the afternoon updating my resume and sent it out to someone in my network.

I didn't eat lunch. My eczema flared up slightly from the stress. I made a lot of mistakes playing the piano this evening bc my mi d is not all there.

I ate my favorite slice of pizza chicken Marsala DH brought home for my lunch for dinner. It was good. I am going to have speculoos ice cream from Ben and Jerrys now.
I was going to have my hair cut and splurge on a fun dye job tomorrow, dye job out of question now, but I don't know if I even want a haircut...

I can't talm to my friends on FB bc they all work with my former employer and former former employer. I am at a loss bc so much of my life is work. Work is what defines me and makes me feel valuable. I gotta stop ranting and eat my ice cream.... :nono:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
so we are having an additional bathroom built ,and it will be built in the loft area of our second story. the worker left the door open to the roof( the roof you can walk on so they have been doing some cutting and building up there rather then do it downstairs and bring it up) there is a latch on the door to keep it from opening until we get a new door, and we have asked several times to ensure it is always latched when someone isn't out there, and that the door is always closed and never left open. We have 3 cats and one likes to bolt out doors if he sees them open even for a minute.

so I am guessing they closed it but didn't latch it (it can open on its own, its an older door) and it swung open yesterday and one of my cats got out. I was lucky I was where I was because I just happened to see him outside. I freaked out and got him. I Got angry at my mom who was staying over because I thought she had let him out. So I bring him inside and 15 minutes later I notice he isn't around for lunch (which is odd because he is ALWAYS underfoot when lunch is out), I go upstairs and I notice the door is wide open and my cat is gone again.

WE scramble and finally find him in the neighbors yard after an hour of looking. this neighbor has 3 large territorial dogs and I am practically in hysterics, THANKFULLY the dogs where inside and we were able to get him.

It could have been much worse, I could not have seen him originally, or the dogs could have hurt him pretty bad. I am absolutely livid and have had anxiety over this the past weekend. The guy comes back tomorrow to do more work, and I don't know what I will say to him.

I am just glad my cat is home and safe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results