shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1369245244|3451936 said:
Hah. I guess I'll be on this list for a long time. :sun: Sorry, no kicking me out allowed.

Well, we will be here together!!!! :naughty:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1369254834|3452027 said:
madelise|1369245244|3451936 said:
Hah. I guess I'll be on this list for a long time. :sun: Sorry, no kicking me out allowed.

Well, we will be here together!!!! :naughty:

I'll be here too! My boyfriend said a while ago that he was thinking about getting our diamond set, but I've since decided he means it like I mean it when I say "I'm thinking about joining a gym." :saint:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
photo-1_24.jpg

Here's the bling I bought myself a while ago :naughty: I am excited about having a "forever" watch. I got it pre-loved and negotiated a bit!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler - Yikes, 70 days is exciting!

madelise - You'd think I'd remember that after all of this time. :oops: I'm LOVING the pi(e) day idea! The goodness allllllmost eclipses the fact that its not this year. Almost. A two year engagement isn't my thing either, but a casual backyard wedding is, HELLO. I assume Mr. SO knows all of this and isn't going to bust out a surprise engagement in the coming months!

lktx - Oooo, you so fancy! 8-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't complain if he does :naughty: I'm going to try to borrow the ring for the PS GTG next weekend.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
lktx|1369273667|3452199 said:
photo-1_24.jpg

Here's the bling I bought myself a while ago :naughty: I am excited about having a "forever" watch. I got it pre-loved and negotiated a bit!

Awesome "bling"! Love the bezel!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1369305687|3452343 said:
I wouldn't complain if he does :naughty: I'm going to try to borrow the ring for the PS GTG next weekend.

By borrow you mean KEEP, right. :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SNORT! I wish. Just borrowing it will be a success. I'm hoping he'll fetch it for me to borrow for the weekend.. *fingers crossed. But if that's so, I'll also be sad that it won't be the first time I see when he does propose.. :/ dilemma dilemma!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1369387881|3452959 said:
SNORT! I wish. Just borrowing it will be a success. I'm hoping he'll fetch it for me to borrow for the weekend.. *fingers crossed. But if that's so, I'll also be sad that it won't be the first time I see when he does propose.. :/ dilemma dilemma!
If it were me... I'd keep it under wraps until the official proposal. That way you'll be the most surprised possible!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1369387881|3452959 said:

I borrowed mine when we went to see a gf who was near town who'd also gotten engaged. She knew it was only to show her though and he said I'd get it back again soon-I was like yeah right.

2 weeks later he proposed and I got it back when we returned from our backpack/hiking/camping trip. He did it without the ring since any special plans would have tipped me off!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy watch, lktx! It's beautiful! :love:

Mad, If I remember correctly, you have seen the diamond and the setting partially done but not the whole thing, right?

Here we go into a long weekend. Crossing my fingers and sending lots of dust to all of you wonderful ladies! Including myself. We have big plans of staining our deck... who knows... it could happen I guess amid the paint brushes and paint cans. :tongue: hehehe.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, finally have some time to give you all a serious update! Sorry I haven't really been on PS lately, but I have been so busy with everything else in my life. And since BF clearly wasn't really making any hints that he was going to propose, I needed to give myself a little break.

Anyways, about a month ago, I came back on one day and lurked around and decided to check out the PreLoved section. I don't normally do this because I don't have the budget to purchase anything for myself and I hardly ever see anything posted on their that I like that is also in my budget for an e-ring...until that fateful day! So, I saw the ring and it was absolutely perfect! Everything I wanted in stats, a setting and it was even in my ring size! I brought it up to BF and said that this was going to be an awesome deal if we could get it. I told him I didn't want to pressure him to propose and that if he wanted to buy the ring and wait to propose (I know I am offering my own torture there!).

Started negotiating price with the seller and found another lovely diamond in our price range at GOG. It was slightly larger (and who doesn't want more size :) ), but it was one grade lower in both clarity and color and then I would have to find a setting I liked and could afford at GOG since I didn't want to have to pay for someone else to set it. The LGF lengths were also 80% and I have always found myself drawn toward shorter LGFs. So, despite the preloved ring not coming with an upgrade policy and being "used", I decided to go for it. We ended up coming in under budget too, which is always great.

The lovely seller offered to get it polished and rhodium plated for me before shipping and she would pay for USPS insured, registered mail. She told me they expected it to take about a week to get it looking like new. Well, it ended up taking about two weeks. I hadn't heard from her and emailed her to find out the status. She said they contacted her with a new quote time and that because it was delayed she would Fed Ex overnight it to me! I was absolutely thrilled.

It just got delivered and BF let me look at it close once and try it on. Now, he is off playing with it and oogling over it. We are taking it to the appraiser later today. She told me she would have the appraisal finished by Tuesday since it's a holiday weekend. I don't know how long after that BF will make me wait. Hopefully not too long!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek, yay, I'm so excited for you, MF! Any deets on the ring? :love: Dust that he proposes soon!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg MF I am so so so excited for you!!!! How great that you were able to get a deal. And that you are moving along! I wonder if you are going to be the highest number off the list ;)) I'll have to dig up the list that Chewbacca kindly updated for us!

for me...it's been engagement central!!! Legit 3 engagements in 2 days now. 2 girls in my class (who just graduated) and 1 girl in the class below me. I'm feeling pretty frustrated at this point, considering we are both at a good time now as well and we have a ring. I am trying to focus on studying for my boards for now though (only 2 more weeks EEEEEP) and then after that I can fret more haha. One of the girls I am not that close to but I am happy for her, she had a baby at the very end of the school year last year right before we started rotations so I can't imagine how she made it through but I am very impressed. The other girl was my roommate for 2 years (we aren't super close though since we have very opposite personalities and I was hardly ever home haha) and has dated her FI for...I think only over a year. That one just makes me bitter because when she first started dating him she wasn't still sure about him because she was hung up about her ex even though she didn't think he was "ambitious enough" because he was "only a teacher" and talked about expecting to have a certain level of materialistic comfort and only wanting to work part time despite going to professional school for 4 years. Well obviously her priorities changed so I'm happy she figured out what she wanted but asdpofiajfklwf I just had to rant.

Whew. Been a long day. Locked myself in my room studying all day. Ignore the madwoman. :nono: :knockout:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's always hard to give away bling, isn't it? It's absolutely stunning, and I'm so happy you were able to go under budget! That's usually unheard of :appl: Maybe that extra budget can go towards a bangin' wedding band!!

I've had a lot of large life events on my newsfeed lately, too. People getting engaged left and right, married left and right (there were THREE weddings yesterday!), and now pregnancies!! These are all things *I REALLY WANT*. And it's frustrating me so!! Like, everything I say about not wanting a long engagement, or whatever, just goes out the door. I just want everything I want, and I want it now! *TEMPER TANTRUM LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD*. I want to throw my body on the floor, scream and cry, and kick, and bang my fists on the floor like I'm 5. I really do, sometimes.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats MayFlowers!!! Always feels good to go under budget!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Mayflowers - :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so excited to read your mega-update! Do you have any ideas on when your SO will propose? I'm so so happy for you.

pandabee - Girl, you done gone crazy! Someone needs a study break! :loopy:

I'm sorry you ladies are being tormented by engagement/married/baby influx! We can all sympathize with that! I'm thinking that preeeeeetty much everyone I know who wasn't waiting until their thirties/will never wed has already done so/is about to. Which is great, because there is no one left to bug me for a while!

Today marks SEVEN months out from our anniversary, and hopefully wedding date! :errrr:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am so excited! I was able to snatch a picture of it on my hand before I gave it to the appraiser. I cannot stop oogling over it.

I am honestly hoping that BF just asks me once we have the ring back in hand. I know he won't do it right away because we are going to pick it up Tuesday evening and then we are going straight to his niece's Kindergarten graduation. He better not make me wait too long...I will seriously go crazy. That ring is too gorgeous for it to just sit in a box hidden somewhere.

Also, for the LIW's who are on a budget, check out the preloved section. Since this ring has been polished and re-plated, I honestly cannot tell that it was ever worn before. I thought I might be bothered by the fact that it was someone else's engagement ring. But, once I saw it and tried it on, those thoughts were out of my head before I could blink. All I think when I look at it is "my ring". :love: Plus, we paid about 37% off retail, which allowed me to get the color, cut and clarity that I really wanted. BF actually didn't believe that we could pay that much less, until I showed him an almost exactly matched diamond on the WF website. Then once you factor in the setting, we got an awesome deal. The seller got what she wanted too because she had bought the diamond when prices were low and so by selling (instead of using the upgrade policy) she got more money for her upgrade.

It was the best possible situation for us and I'm so glad that I caught the listing and was able to take advantage of it.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh hai! I am outta control. Me and my amazing SO just booked our wedding...

Nope...you didn't miss anything, I am not yet engaged...

I have a narrow window of opportunity to get married next summer in between school semesters (I am almost 29, second degree...just didn't want anyone thinking I'm an irresponsible teen..lol) - and he is definitely proposing this year. We actually went into the meeting with the travel agent to look up all inclusives and plan a trip...then after engaged, add the weddingmoon ?! But it just so happened it's easier to do everything at once and SO was excited! It's all he can talk about. My parents were so ecstatic when we had told them what we had done, and my dad even said "well now you can wait till right before she puts on the dress to propose!" ;( ha ha ha! Anyways, it's mostly a secret, because...well we would look crazy telling everyone, so plan is...we tell everyone about this amazing trip we booked...then after engagement we just can say...OH we just decided to do our wedding there...lol :naughty:

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend said "hey, why don't you go get your nails done this week". This is totally out of character. Hopefully this means something

lktx

Shiny_Rock
So many exciting updates! Yay! Dust to all of you.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1369792973|3455438 said:

I have a narrow window of opportunity to get married next summer in between school semesters (I am almost 29, second degree...just didn't want anyone thinking I'm an irresponsible teen..lol) - and he is definitely proposing this year. We actually went into the meeting with the travel agent to look up all inclusives and plan a trip...then after engaged, add the weddingmoon ?! But it just so happened it's easier to do everything at once and SO was excited! It's all he can talk about. My parents were so ecstatic when we had told them what we had done, and my dad even said "well now you can wait till right before she puts on the dress to propose!" ;( ha ha ha! Anyways, it's mostly a secret, because...well we would look crazy telling everyone, so plan is...we tell everyone about this amazing trip we booked...then after engagement we just can say...OH we just decided to do our wedding there...lol :naughty:
We kinda sorta booked our wedding venue today!

I'm right there with you, sista. Congrats!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Don't want to post a thread, but definitely have to share! We bought the ring!!! -- or rather, it's being made!!! We'll get it in 3 weeks. BF was about to propose in Grand Central station, but didn't feel right without the ring. Regardless, I'm ecstatic, the ring is going to be beyond gorgeous, but I'm truly mainly happy that he feels ready to make this huge next step.

Just wanted to share!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1369792973|3455438 said:

This is what I did! Wedding has been booked. Other major vendors booked too! Deposits paid. All before engaged. Just like you, I KNOW he is proposing this year. And, well, I KNOW I want to get married next year, so, I thought, "why not just plan now!" LOL.

Congrats!!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1369534057|3453882 said:
omg MF I am so so so excited for you!!!! How great that you were able to get a deal. And that you are moving along! I wonder if you are going to be the highest number off the list ;)) I'll have to dig up the list that Chewbacca kindly updated for us!

for me...it's been engagement central!!! Legit 3 engagements in 2 days now. 2 girls in my class (who just graduated) and 1 girl in the class below me. I'm feeling pretty frustrated at this point, considering we are both at a good time now as well and we have a ring. I am trying to focus on studying for my boards for now though (only 2 more weeks EEEEEP) and then after that I can fret more haha. One of the girls I am not that close to but I am happy for her, she had a baby at the very end of the school year last year right before we started rotations so I can't imagine how she made it through but I am very impressed. The other girl was my roommate for 2 years (we aren't super close though since we have very opposite personalities and I was hardly ever home haha) and has dated her FI for...I think only over a year. That one just makes me bitter because when she first started dating him she wasn't still sure about him because she was hung up about her ex even though she didn't think he was "ambitious enough" because he was "only a teacher" and talked about expecting to have a certain level of materialistic comfort and only wanting to work part time despite going to professional school for 4 years. Well obviously her priorities changed so I'm happy she figured out what she wanted but asdpofiajfklwf I just had to rant.

Whew. Been a long day. Locked myself in my room studying all day. Ignore the madwoman. :nono: :knockout:

Good luck on your boards!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, is this going to be the new trend?

jennredsox

Rough_Rock
Tomorrow the BF and I are going to look at our custom handcrafted e-ring. The diamond and pave won't be set yet, but its just to make sure the design and structure is how we want it. If all goes well tomorrow, it will be only a few days to finish. I'm so excited! Our anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait long until its official!

BF's even going to call my dad to ask his permission. This means so much to me----we live in Sydney and my family is in Boston and I haven't told them anything. Everytime I talk to my dad, he always asks if we're engaged yet. It's killing me not to tell him. He'll be over the moon!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1369974206|3456698 said:
lol, is this going to be the new trend?
:lol: likely not considering everyone i've told thinks i'm off my rocker.

but if you're hoping/planning for a pretty quick/shotgun kinda wedding, it's smart to just start planning and do as much as you can pre-engagement! or that's what i keep telling myself anyway!!! :wink2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The furthest I got was checking out some venues, 2 years ago. Lol. Getting quotes! Just to know where we stand on the saving point. Oh, and I collected a bunch of vases from webdiva. That's it. I have a few "little white dresses" that could be worn for an engagement party or for a rehearsal dinner, but really, they were purchased for graduation.

There's just SO many of you already planning weddings, booking venues, etc…. I'm truly wondering if there are MORE people out there doing this that we don't know about. I mean, it's smart. You get more time to prep the craziness, to wane off bridezilla-mode.

Maybe I'll do some more pre-planning this summer and join you guys. Just no booking of venues yet :naughty:

OOH OOH! I'm going to go try on saris with a friend? Does that count? :sun:

Can you tell I feel super left out? ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results