shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think it's more common than you'd think! I didn't actually legit plan anything before getting engaged, but I did do a ton of research and even contacted vendors about availability and prices.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Glad I'm not the only one! Congrats to you too lin_NY and Caprine Sun!!!

Madelise! Join in :naughty: saris count! I have never tried on a wedding dress or anything else. For us, it was more of a "we need time to pay this crap off and next summer isn't too far away" kinda thing. If we didn't have such a tight timeline, I think we would have waited to plan.

Lots of movement here! We all cray cray

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1370036727|3457051 said:
Glad I'm not the only one! Congrats to you too lin_NY and Caprine Sun!!!

Madelise! Join in :naughty: saris count! I have never tried on a wedding dress or anything else. For us, it was more of a "we need time to pay this crap off and next summer isn't too far away" kinda thing. If we didn't have such a tight timeline, I think we would have waited to plan.

Lots of movement here! We all cray cray

Yup. I've never went to try on any dresses. And only met with 2 of my vendors in person. Everyone else has been via phone & email. For me, I want to leave those things for when I have an official proposal and a ring on my finger. I won't even discuss dresses with my family because of it.

The whole pre-engagement planning was unplanned, but necessary when I realized that people were planning months ahead of me for weddings in 2014! I already missed desired dates and things were starting to book up. So, I had to force myself to get into gear. PLUS, the money issue. Planning now has made us realize how much money is really needed. Reality hits you in the face and you can get into gear sooner. It is not ideal, but I'm so happy I started planning now. I would have surely regretted it waiting on him to propose.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
It's been almost a week with the ring in the house and still no proposal. I'm going crazy!! BF has let me wear the ring around the house and any time I don't wear it, he keeps rubbing my left ring finger. I keep thinking of that cake with the meme that says "Y u no propose?!"

The ring is gorgeous though and I have to take a peek at it everyday. It's like an addiction, I could stare at it all day long. I'm really thinking about telling BF to hide it somewhere, just to help keep my sanity.

ETA: Also, it doesn't help that there have been 2 engagements on my FB and 3 weddings this week!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayFlowers|1370187263|3457700 said:
It's been almost a week with the ring in the house and still no proposal. I'm going crazy!! BF has let me wear the ring around the house and any time I don't wear it, he keeps rubbing my left ring finger. I keep thinking of that cake with the meme that says "Y u no propose?!"

The ring is gorgeous though and I have to take a peek at it everyday. It's like an addiction, I could stare at it all day long. I'm really thinking about telling BF to hide it somewhere, just to help keep my sanity.

ETA: Also, it doesn't help that there have been 2 engagements on my FB and 3 weddings this week!!

I think the first week is the worst. Then the first month. :naughty:
I hope you get it soon! I don't think trying it on and him rubbing your finger to hint at it is good! It's going to make you more antsy!

screen_shot_2013-03-20_at_2.png

Keep yourself occupied and time will pass quickly. Lots of dustydustdust that you get that ring on your finger! And I get what you mean re: FB! This is definitely engagement season AGAIN!! Love is in the air, and it's biting my ass :lol:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my wedding shoes. No, I am not engaged but I love them. I know my dress will be ivory becasue white does NOT look good on me AND they were on sale. So....

wedding_shoes.gif

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Too much to comment on! General feels as I read everyones updates: :appl: !!

My update: The ring has gone back to the bench to have some changes made. I'll get new photos in a weeks time (on SO's birthday, happy birthday to me! :wink2: ) HOPEFULLY it is beautiful, and it can be shipped out at last!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Chewbacca said:

Seriously! SO many exciting things happening!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aghhhhh. I've got THREE finals that are going to kick my ass this week, then commencement! Magna cum laude, b*tches!!! :wink2: Then right back into school 1 week later. Damnit.

Anyone want to take bets on when the hell Mr. Maddy is going to propose?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler those are some gorgeous shoes!!! Where are they from?

Chewbacca|1370570981|3460624 said:

My update: The ring has gone back to the bench to have some changes made. I'll get new photos in a weeks time (on SO's birthday, happy birthday to me! :wink2: ) HOPEFULLY it is beautiful, and it can be shipped out at last!

Agreed very much with your first statement! I hope that all the changes can be made swiftly and easily...hoping that you get some results soon!!!!!

madelise|1370819126|3462320 said:
Aghhhhh. I've got THREE finals that are going to kick my a$$ this week, then commencement! Magna cum laude, b*tches!!! :wink2: Then right back into school 1 week later. Damnit.

Anyone want to take bets on when the hell Mr. Maddy is going to propose?

So incredibly proud of you miss smarty pants!!!! No over/under for me on when mr. madelise will propose...I hope it is soon for your sake though!

~~~

Updates with me: finally finished with part 1 of my board exams (hence why I am posting like cray cray today). I have one more part I need to take on Thursday but it is the law portion so it is a bit more straight forward. So nervous though and will pretty much be holding my breath until those results come back.

The big move day has finally been set now that I got my work schedule figured out and my dad was able to get some time off to help me move down...next Sunday (on father's day, sorry dad) I'll be shacking up with my man!!! So excited...but I know we still need to get lots of furniture haha.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
^^ Pandabee, how long will you have to wait for results?

When I took the licensing exam for my field, I had to wait three months for results. Awful. I was 99.9% sure I passed too, but it drove me crazy. I hope they don't torture you for that long!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Pandabee, they are from DSW!

Congratulations on shacking up with your man! I hope your next test goes perfectly and you get the results QUICKLY!!

Madelise, You go girl! You are one smart lady. :praise: :appl:
Any big dates or vacations coming up with the boy?

Me? 51 days till the day SO leaves for his fishing trip and I have been promised he will put a ring on it before then.
He is all worried about a surprise but if he doesn't hurry up, I am going to keep expecting it more and more. Naturally. Till then, I will be keeping calm and painting my nails. :Up_to_something:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
I will never get married! :(sad

That is all.

.... okay that isn't all. Wedding won't be happening this year like I'd hoped. But hopefully it will happen eventually. :knockout:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, lin_ny!

I hope everything is OK. :wavey:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler eek! Only 51 more days (or sooner)!?? So exciting!

Pandabee I'm sure you rocked your boards, it's the wait that's the killer!

lin_ny oh no! I hope everything is OK!!!! :((

As for me, I've chosen my wedding dress! When I start back in school in sept, I won't have ANY free time till next may, which would be too late! I went dress shopping last weekend and this one is perfect for me. I hope to finalize purchase by the end of summer :naughty:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC! You found a dress! May we see?? Yay! That is so exciting.

Once I have the shoes, I might start looking. So backwards... I buy the shoes first and then the dress... whatevs. :tongue:

Lin_ny- I hope everything is okay! Come spill if you need to vent. Thinking of you~ big hugs!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
No shoes for me, flip flops! Beach wedding! But we are all doing a lot backwards here :Up_to_something:

i chose this dress because it was light, looked the best on me...and i think the layers will look beautiful on the beach floating in the breeze. My SO has actually given his seal of approval too. He was begging to see it and he will be the one likely getting me into the dress anyways (so he has to come to fittings).

2314.jpg

back-detail1-large.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! It's gorgeous! That is exactly what I picture when I think 'Beach wedding'. :love: Love!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1370983234|3463659 said:
OMG! It's gorgeous! That is exactly what I picture when I think 'Beach wedding'. :love: Love!

I agree! What a beautiful, floaty style!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
:Up_to_something:

Here are the 3 I have had my eye on. The styles are all so much different but our plans are so up in the air (beach, vegas, golf course??) that I am trying to be flexible. :)

No trying on yet though...

dress_0.gif
dress3.gif
dress2.gif

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Awe thank you sortmon and antiquesparkler!!! I had a picture of a dream dress, but there was only 2 shops in the area that carried the line, but none had the sample to try on :(. I would never buy a dress blind, so I searched the interwebz and found a hugeeee thread of beach wedding dresses...and that's where I found mine haha! It is almost identical to the "dream dress" except more of a sweetheart neckline (bonus) and obv the beaded belt is different and the rouching is different too...and 100 dollars more lol.

antiquesparkler!!! I love love love ALL 3 dresses!!! I absolutely love beaded belts and beaded blingy accents. All great choices!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
LLC, I really love the sweetheart neckline and the belt on your dress. The belt looks so intricate. :lickout:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beautiful dresses ladies!!

I had my first ring nightmare!!! I remember reading about them and thought, "How ridiculous!" and now I'm the ridiculous one. I was a "met" proposal, there were 4 rings-- e ring and 3 w-bands-- and ALL of them had the shoddiest workmanship ever imaginable. The diamond was not the one we had chosen, it was all in 14kt yellow gold (and mind you, I love yellow gold, but that's not what we agreed on!!!) and I was SOO disappointed.

I can't even tell SO because he'll think I'm nuts lol. 1 more week until the estimated deadline to have it made! Ah!! I really hope he DOESN'T show me when he receives it because I want to create the mental story of it taking the jeweler an EXCEPTIONALLY long time to finish it and that's why he's waiting a year...

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It takes about a week to get our results, and unfortunately my state isn't one that posts the results online after each portion so I have to painfully wait for it to come in the mail to see if I pass.

LLC loveeee that dress!!!! Will be so perfect on your tropical wedding day ::)

lin_ny oh no...I hope everything is okay!!! Please let us know what is going on, we are here for you!

antiquesparkler I love all 3 of those styles too!! I wouldn't be able to decide hehe. Good to keep those in the back of your mind when the time comes though!

oh wakingdreams53...I wish we had the story of the jeweler taking forever to finish the ring and that's why SO has had it for oh...9 months???? :oops:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
dearest everyone,

thanks for your concern. i was being quite fatalistic the other day. don't mind my moods. :lol:

everything is indeed quite fine. to sum it all up, he just isn't ready to get married this year. AND, he wanted the wedding and engagement to be his initiative. he really wanted to ask me and surprise me before we started moving forward with planning the wedding. we're planning to do some traveling and check a few things off our bucket list before we do the deed. i can't quite explain why we can't do that while as a married couple, but ultimately, he knew i wanted to have a baby ASAP after getting hitched, and this fall just feels too soon for him to be able to make that step.

meh, i have to respect him and what he wants. he needs to feel fulfilled and satisfied with life. our relationship and everything is totally fine. moving forward as a couple for sure.

i just know he'll have a pretty engagement ring burning a hole in his pocket right away. :bigsmile: perhaps that will push things forward soon... :wink2:

totally and completely fine,

me.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Aw Lin, I'm glad things are less fatalistic! Easy to see where both of you are coming from, I hope for you it'll be sooner rather than later!

PandaBee, UGH! I have to admit, I snooped. Went into his email and saw an email from the jeweler saying that the ring is almost ready. Ack! I know I shouldn't have. But in my defense, it's not a personal email address and I made it for him. That's me making excuses, I know I shouldn't have. I really didn't want to, but did anyway. Ah! I wish it would take longer! It's probably going to be here EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED. :errrr:

Aside from that, my family is pretty against my relationship and they're just waiting for me to leave him...... that's another story. :nono:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Lin_ny- So glad you are okay! Boys are so odd sometimes. That little... or big :)... ring apparently changes absolutely everything in their minds. I just don't see it. I had a thought... Is he trying to throw you off? I dunno, just thinking outloud. Maybe he wants the engagement to be a total suprise and look at it this way- more time for planning is not always a bad thing. either way, you have a great attitude. Hugs!

Wakingdreams- No more snooping! Says the girl who has found the ring in several different hiding spots. :Up_to_something:
Let him suprise you! I know, it really is harder when the ring is in his pocession but enjoy this time before the planning begins to be a couple and relax. At least this is what I keep telling myself. :bigsmile:

So now you have to spill. Why does your family not approve?

Random thought of the day... Are there really going to be that many changes for most of you when you get hitched? SO and I live together and share everything equally, buy furniture together...talk about everything... I realize there will be more of a commitment but our everyday lives wont really change... I dont think... :shock:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Antiquesparkler, LOL, nice job w/ the ring finding! See, I'm more of a tech-snooper rather than a physical snooper. He bought a ring for me and its hidden somewhere and I don't even have the desire to look for it, he'll give it to me when he decides to lol. I might feel differently when its THE RING though.

I wrote that a bit drunk and emotional and closed the tab while it was posting-- kinda hoping it wouldn't post, but didn't care if it did. So here goes:
Why my family does not approve: a) Large age gap- 17 years. b) They see him more of a Mr. Right Now rather than Mr. Right -- because he lives a very social night-lifestyle that I've never particularly been keen on. I'm more of a homebody while he's, quite simply, more fun. They think this will translate into fun for now and unhappy in the future.
While I totally see their point, they'll never know the guts of my relationship. I bitch only about the occasional negative instead of mentioning all the daily positive, so they (my mom) only hears the bad, which is entirely my fault, but I still want her to know that I'm insanely happy with him and truly want it to work out for a very very very very very long time. You know? :))

No one knows about the ring. I told my mom about the diamond when it was bought in Feb., but she scoffed it off like it was an impulse purchase. Which for a while I thought it was, until he bought the ring and now he talks about proposing all the time. (Side note: I don't think I'll be waiting a year after all!!!)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1371139662|3465028 said:
Random thought of the day... Are there really going to be that many changes for most of you when you get hitched? SO and I live together and share everything equally, buy furniture together...talk about everything... I realize there will be more of a commitment but our everyday lives wont really change... I dont think... :shock:

I don't see many changes here either. We have been living together for 1 yr 8 mo, we also share everything etc....I think the oly thing that will change is my last name and all the headaches that go into changing professional licenses and he will go on my health insurance...which is way better than his...haha really silly things. :loopy: but I'll have 2 pretty things on my finger to look at...that's a good change...right? :naughty:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1371139662|3465028 said:
Random thought of the day... Are there really going to be that many changes for most of you when you get hitched?

Like LLC said, I don't see many changes, either. We too have been living together for 1 yr 8 months (oh, and we just had our 2 yr anniversary on the 11th :) ). Just the usual name-change and other things that go along with that. Also I'll probably hop on his health insurance, as I'm sure mine (when I get a job again, that is...) will be pretty lousy, if it's offered at all.

Other than that- I think things will feel exactly how they do currently. Only I'll be Mrs. K*** instead of Ms. K****.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results